facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 11, 2009, 11:44 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Quranic Verse of the Day

In the name of God; Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
May God shower this thread with guidance for all.

Chapter: Family of Imran (The Amramites)/Ali-Imran
Chapter & Verse Num. 3:18
Arabic شَهِدَ اللَّهُ أَنَّهُ لا إِلَهَ إِلا هُوَ وَالْمَلائِكَةُ وَأُولُو الْعِلْمِ قَائِمًا بِالْقِسْطِ لا إِلَهَ إِلا هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
Transliteration Shahida Allahu annahu la ilaha illa huwa waalmala-ikatu waoloo alAAilmi qa-iman bialqisti la ilaha illa huwa alAAazeezu alhakeemu
Literal TranslationGod witnessed that He, (there is) no God except He, and the angels and those of the knowledge (He is) keeping up/taking care of with the just/equitable, no God except He, the glorious , the wise/judicious .
Translation God bears witness that there is no god but He; as do the angels, and those with knowledge; He is standing with justice. There is no god but Him, the Noble, the Wise.

This should be no surprise to Muslims. It is the binding oath between you and your Creator. I have posted this verse as the very first post in this thread just to start off with His glorification; nothing else.

God willing, I will try to post as time permits. Others are welcome to post as well, do give the verse numbers. Wishing that this thread does not degenerate into flame war. Keep the focus strictly on Quran.

You can use http://www.yaqb.org to search on Quran.

Thanks.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old August 12, 2009, 12:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

May blessings shower upon you and your family.
Old August 12, 2009, 03:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

6:70 And leave to themselves all those who, beguiled by the life of this world, have made play and passing delights their religion; but remind [them] herewith that [in the life to come] every human being shall be held in pledge for whatever wrong he has done, and shall have none to protect him from God, and none to intercede for him; and though he offer any conceivable ransom, it shall not be accepted from him. It is [people such as] these that shall be held in pledge for the wrong they have done; for them there is [in the life to come] a draught of burning despair and grievous suffering awaits them because of their persistent refusal to acknowledge the truth.
(Surah An'am (#6), Ayah 70)

several things mentioned here, but the most pertinent are two:

1) that each individual is responsible for his/her actions, and is answerable to them one day. you might get away with it today or even tomorrow, but the next day you will be at God's Mercy.

2) the entire world offered as ransom, will not be accepted on that day. no matter how much money you have or power you possess, you will be reduced to less than nothing. only your thawaab and hasanat will be carried forward.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old August 12, 2009, 04:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

May Allah bless us all with His wisdom & Open our hearts and minds to understand and follow His book; Al Quran. All praises are for Allah. Thanks Nasif for opening this thread: Here is my pick as the verse of the day.

The basic elements of faith/Iman/Righteousness:

02:177 - It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness - to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; (Cont...)

Basic Acts of Ibadah/Righteousness:

02:177 - (Cont from above....) - to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah-fearing.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 13, 2009 at 01:20 AM..
Old August 12, 2009, 09:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Nasif bhai,

Not because you're an admin...but I simply can't thank you enough for this thread. I can see how my limited knowledge about Islam will change over the next little while, Inshallah.
Old August 12, 2009, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

this verse to me is inspirational:

فَٱصۡبِرۡ إِنَّ وَعۡدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقٌّ۬‌ۖ وَلَا يَسۡتَخِفَّنَّكَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يُوقِنُونَ

So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make thee impatient.

Surah Ar-Rum Ayah 60(30:60)

courtesy: Quranexplorer.com
Old August 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
this verse to me is inspirational:

فَٱصۡبِرۡ إِنَّ وَعۡدَ ٱللَّهِ حَقٌّ۬‌ۖ وَلَا يَسۡتَخِفَّنَّكَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يُوقِنُونَ

So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make thee impatient.

Surah Ar-Rum Ayah 60(30:60)

courtesy: Quranexplorer.com
Lets try to stay away from translations that tries to put words into God's mouth. This verse is addressing to all believers; you/me/everyone who believes. It is not necessarily only referring to Muhammad. It is one thing to add words; such as "it/this/there/that" etc for comprehensive translation; but it is completely another matter when a full name is added without any reference from the original. There are verses which refer to Muhammad, but this is not one of them.

Quran is a living messenger; and its message is for its readers. It is a communication between you and your Creator; so keep that context while reading.

I will inshallah elaborate on this verse in my next post.

One another note; if you are posting translations, please use translations that use modern English (referring to Banfan's post). It is matter of convenience and comprehension. Using old English, (i.e. Yusuf Ali's translation) does nothing but reduces reader's interest and comprehension.

Also, along with Arabic, try to give the chapter names in English; e.g. Al-Anam - The Livestock/Cattle; Ar-Rum - The Romans etc.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 3, 2009, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Lets try to stay away from translations that tries to put words into God's mouth. This verse is addressing to all believers; you/me/everyone who believes. It is not necessarily only referring to Muhammad.
There is absolutely nothing wrong in adding (O Muhammad) in that "translation" and does not amount to "putting words into God's mouth"! The Quran was revealed to the Prophet first and foremost and then to the rest of creations...one of the basic points taught in 'Ilm Al-Quran. Also, there cannot be any literal translation of the Quran because of its linguistic and unwordly nature. The recital in Arabic is the only Quran. Therefore, addition of extra information i.e. O Muhammad etc works as exegesis for a better understanding of the verse. Hence, we have a science of Tafseer.

Personally, I prefer the "translation" of Abdullah Yusuf Ali. Considered one of the best by most scholars. And Im sure most descerning English speaking people will appreciate his effort and style. The other one should be mentioned is A J Arberry.

The worst "translation" or should I say the distortion is by the zionist NJ Dawoods Penguin Classic version. Which is being sold in all major mainstream bookstores. It is our individual responsibility to ask the bookstores managers to remove it from their shelves!
Old August 12, 2009, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Nasif Bhai,

Thanks for your suggestions. I will keep these things in my mind...
Old August 12, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cricket Sage

فَاصْبِرْ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَلا يَسْتَخِفَّنَّكَ الَّذِينَ لا يُوقِنُونَ

Transliteration:Faisbir inna waAAda Allahi haqqun wala yastakhiffannaka allatheena la yooqinoona

Literal:So be patient, that truly God's promise (is) truth , and (let) not those who (are) not being sure/certain mislead/fool you 292

Free_Minds:So be patient, for God's promise is true, and do not be dissuaded by those who do not have certainty.

Khalifa:Therefore, you shall steadfastly persevere - for GOD's promise is the truth - and do not be intimidated by those who have not attained certainty.

Yusuf_Ali:So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have (themselves) no certainty of faith.

Shakir:Therefore be patient; surely the promise of Allah is true and let not those who have no certainty hold you in light estimation.

Pickthal:So have patience (O Muhammad)! Allah's promise is the very truth, and let not those who have no certainty make thee impatient.

Arberry:So be thou patient; surely God's promise is true; and let not those who have not sure faith make thee unsteady.

George_Sale:But do thou, O Mohammed, persevere with constancy, for the promise of God is true; and let not those induce thee to waver, who have no certain knowledge.

Hilali_Khan:So be patient (O Muhammad SAW). Verily, the Promise of Allah is true, and let not those who have no certainty of faith, discourage you from conveying Allahs Message (which you are obliged to convey).

Malik:So O Prophet, have patience: surely the promise of Allah is true; and do not let those, who themselves have no certainty of faith, shake your firmness.

Maulana_Ali:So be patient; surely the promise of Allah is true; and let not those disquiet thee who have no certainty.

QXP:Remain then, steadfast and remember that Allah's Promise is always True. So let not those who have no conviction disturb your mind.

Sarwar:Be patient. The promise of God is certainly true. Let not the faithless make you despair of the promise of God.

Le_Coran:Sois donc patient, car la promesse d'Allah est vérité. Et que ceux qui ne croient pas fermement ne t'ébranlent pas !

Chouraqui:Persévère: voici, la promesse d’Allah est Vérité. Ceux qui doutent ne t’ébranleront pas.

http://www.yaqb.org/#
Old August 13, 2009, 01:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Rifat please try to get the context right. There are some verses which aren't right to be Quoted without the context. If you move a bit back & forth, you will find the context. Quoting something out of context could be very misleading. of course some verses are complete in itself.

30:58 - And certainly We have set forth for men every kind of example in this Quran; and if you should bring them a communication, those who disbelieve would certainly say: You are naught but false claimants.

30:59 - Thus does Allah set a seal on the hearts of those who do not know.

30:60 - So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true: nor let those shake thy firmness, who have no certainty of faith.

I completely agree with Nasif on the within bracket words, and I do always try to avoid those words. Please try to take out the words within bracket; in 99% cases it will make a better sense. Those are some times so misleading/misguiding one to some preconceived/very shallow meaning.

Thanks Nasif, in fact Yousuf Ali is a very widely accepted translator in the Asian Region, so I tried to use his translation in this forum. but I personally like the modern language versions. unfortunately currently I don't have a soft copy of it with me. Is it possible to please send me a soft copy/link of a modern language version? if you have of course.

May Allah bless us all.

Last edited by BANFAN; August 13, 2009 at 02:32 AM..
Old August 13, 2009, 02:43 AM
Cricket Sage

My Verse of the Day:

006.019 - Say: "What thing is most weighty in evidence?" Say: "Allah is witness between me and you; This Qur'an hath been revealed to me by inspiration, that I may warn you and all whom it reaches. ...... (Continues...)

That last part highlighted is very important to understand. When the prophet isn't alive, if the Quran reaches to someone, it should be as good as being warned by the prophet. As prophet wasn't warning people from his own undestanding of things, rathar through the Quran only.

So we must read, understand and follow the Quran as much as possible. All parises are for Allah alone.
Old August 13, 2009, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Hey, bros; Salam. Didn't want to open a new thread, so asking here! I am looking for a dependable English translation of Qur'an, any suggestions? I know it might not be as smooth as the Arabic one, but I am gonna learn Arabic soon (though I kno how to read and write, but not understand; typical Sub-continent stuff ) but that's gonna take a while, so before that I wanna go through the English one for once this Ramadan. Kew ektu help koille boroi pulokito hoitam bhaijanera
Old August 15, 2009, 01:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Hey, bros; Salam. Didn't want to open a new thread, so asking here! I am looking for a dependable English translation of Qur'an, any suggestions? I know it might not be as smooth as the Arabic one, but I am gonna learn Arabic soon (though I kno how to read and write, but not understand; typical Sub-continent stuff ) but that's gonna take a while, so before that I wanna go through the English one for once this Ramadan. Kew ektu help koille boroi pulokito hoitam bhaijanera
This is one of the best thing I found for my kids and relatives. This is only for the 30th para. A must have for every family.
ISBN: 1-56316-109-5
You can order it from: orders@iqra.org --- www.iqra.org

Juz' Amma: 30
Complied by: Abidullah Ghazi.

Most of the Islamic schools in USA uses this book as a text book for PreK, Grade 1 or 2.

Please I request do not make any comments without going through the book. Thanks.
Old August 17, 2009, 01:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
There are different types (Text/Audio/Video) of translation of Quran in this site, you can try: http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/quran

Last edited by BANFAN; August 17, 2009 at 01:23 AM..
Old September 5, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
I have a software that have the whole Quran with English translation.

If you want me to send it to you, you can pm me your email ID.

I also have a software that has informations about most of the known Prophets. Also have two Hadith's softwares.

I think some of you already have it. I've got them from a website like 5/6 years before.
Old April 4, 2013, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I have a software that have the whole Quran with English translation.

If you want me to send it to you, you can pm me your email ID.

I also have a software that has informations about most of the known Prophets. Also have two Hadith's softwares.

I think some of you already have it. I've got them from a website like 5/6 years before.
Please via send me all the islamic softwares that you have
Or i have an idea, you can share and upload these in your dropbox and share us the link
So that anyone can download it if they wish to..
Old August 15, 2009, 02:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Verse of the Day:

02:136 - Say: We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

02-285 - The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and the believers; they all believe in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers; We make no difference between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness, and to Thee is the eventual course.

03:84 - Say: We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and what was given to Musa and Isa and to the prophets from their Lord; we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

04:152 - To those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of the messengers, we shall soon give their rewards: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

03-144 - And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful.

For those who believe in stories/Hadith describing a higher position to Muhammad than other prophets; might like to give it a second thought.
Old August 17, 2009, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks BF and TE bro. I'll look up.
Old August 18, 2009, 01:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Verses of the day: Quran is in detail

006:055 - Thus do We explain the signs in detail: that the way of the sinners may be shown up.
006:114 - Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than Allah? - when He it is Who hath sent unto you the Book, explained in detail." ............
006:116 - If thou obeyedst most of those on earth they would mislead thee far from Allah's way. They follow naught but an opinion, and they do but guess.
Old August 18, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Old August 19, 2009, 05:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Listened to the whole clip. Felt something inside man. Mashallah, fine voice.
Old August 20, 2009, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Default Verses of the Day: Ramjan/Month of Fasting

002:183 - O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may self-restraint-

002:184 - For a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number from days later. For those who can do it, is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

02:185 - The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, Then a number of other days. Allah desires for you ease; He desires not hardship for you; and that ye should complete the period, and that ye should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure ye may be thankful.

002:186 - When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close: I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calls on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

002:187 - Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. Allah knows what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what Allah Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits of Allah: Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth Allah make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint.
Old August 20, 2009, 06:56 PM
Cricket Sage

thank you BANFAN ..pretty clear and straightforward
Old August 20, 2009, 10:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Excellent voice. Thank you dear Rifat.

For those who listens to the Youtube clip, Please make sure you make a Prostration (shejdah) because of the verse 19:58.