facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Talking Murali furious with Warney

Quote:

SRI Lanka's Muttiah Muralidaran has labelled Shane Warne a "miserable man" as the relationship between the two brilliant spinners reached a new low.
Muralidaran was fuming after Warne this week called for his controversial bowling action to be tested under match conditions instead of the current practice of a laboratory setting.

He even suggested that he would not speak to the retired Warne at the unveiling of the Warne-Muralidaran trophy tomorrow in Hobart.

"I am very disappointed with what he said," Muralidaran told Fairfax newspapers.

"He can't keep his mouth shut because he wants to keep making these comments. He must be a miserable man in his life.

"But that is his opinion and there is nothing I can do about it.

"Maybe he just doesn't want me to pass his record.

"Why else would he keep saying these things? I will shake his hand (at the presentation of the Warne-Muralidaran trophy) and go straight off the field instead of trying to be friendly."

Muralidaran is sitting on 702 wickets, needing seven more scalps to pass Warne as the highest Test wicket-taker before the second Test against Australia in Hobart starting Friday.

Their relationship has been testy in the past, with Warne insinuating the rubber-wristed tweaker had collected more cheap wickets, having played many more Tests against easybeats Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.
I think Warne is right, if he could get tested during a Match than it would shut-up all the critics, but now I think Australia is gonna suffer for Warnes Words, I see Match Figures of 12/108

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23209,00.html
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!

Old November 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

yes, hopefully now Murali will get those 5 wickets in next test and shut Warne off forever!
Old November 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Okay, eskus me, but I hab to chey chumthing.

Warne said: Murali's total wickets doesn't prove much because a lot of them came from playing Tests against Bangladesh.

I have two questions for that:

1. Was Warne overly successful against Bangladesh? Many times he got struck all around, and SN gave him a good treatment too. Murali was successful ALL AROUND, and there's no current side in this world that Murali doesn't trouble.

2. Does Warne trouble EVERYONE just like Murali does?

Pechal parar r jaga pay na.
Old November 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

Warne said: Murali's total wickets doesn't prove much because a lot of them came from playing Tests against Bangladesh.

1. Was Warne overly successful against Bangladesh? Many times he got struck all around, and SN gave him a good treatment too. Murali was successful ALL AROUND, and there's no current side in this world that Murali doesn't trouble.

how could Warne forget his first ever bowling experience against us!!
those 20 overs without a wicket must be painfull!!
scorecard
Old November 14, 2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

112 off 20, and he left the field complaining about an arm injury. SN needs to be kicked if he ends up like Alok.
Old November 14, 2007, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

check this link and see what would happen if murali played few more matches against england
Old November 14, 2007, 11:09 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: rahul dravid,

whao what a sore loser warne is
did anyone ever take into account that warne was a part of a world beater team while murali has even bowled to openers where as warne was always buliding his wickets after the opening bowlers had already put the opposition into pressure
and wen it was not so look wat we did with him in india while murali has always beena dangarous bowler
Old November 14, 2007, 11:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Does Warne trouble EVERYONE just like Murali does?

Actually both dont trouble India that much ...but Murali is better against India than Warne ...

Murali has an avg of 33 ( just about ok ...) against Warne's 47 (even medicore bowlers have better record than this ...)

So by Warne's logic ...he never got the most prized wickets (atleast against spin) ..but always got cheap wickets agaisnt teams that dont play spin that well ...like SA .
Old November 14, 2007, 11:31 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: rahul dravid,

Chaeap Wickets Are The Ones Warne Gets In Ashes Everyyear With Poor Englishmen Having No Clue Abt The Leg Spin
Old November 15, 2007, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
I think Warne is right, if he could get tested during a Match than it would shut-up all the critics, but now I think Australia is gonna suffer for Warnes Words, I see Match Figures of 12/108

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...-23209,00.html
I think this is a really cheap shot by warne. What was the point of all those biomechanic tests that murali had to go through if you don't accept the result of those tests. After completing all the tests, Murali was cleared by ICC... that should have been the end of controversy.
Old November 15, 2007, 01:25 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

talk about over reaction. I've read warne's column. It said nothing derogatory towards murali. I cant believe murali made such a fool of himself by not even understanding common english. But warne a true gentlemen, even went to murali himself to acknowledge that murali cant read a statement for its context.
Old November 15, 2007, 03:12 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
I've read warne's column
Can you post the link.
Old November 15, 2007, 05:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

i had posted a head to head comparison of murali and warne.
Old November 15, 2007, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Isnt he kinda overreacting? What Warne suggested might be a good idea.
Anyway they made up.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausv...ry/320338.html
Old November 16, 2007, 06:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Isnt he kinda overreacting? What Warne suggested might be a good idea.
How could that be a good idea? Murali is already cleared of all those blames. What else he has got to prove to those critics going through a test during a match? Do you think, they will stop then? No. And more importantly, Murali has nothing to prove to any such people. ICC cleared him, several times, and that's the end of the story.

Warne's comment was completely uncalled for and he received what he deserved.
Old November 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Warne never said Murali should be retested. His was a general comment not aimed at anyone in particular. They've kissed and made up too - http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvsl/conte...ry/320338.html

Not that it stops me from reminding people how he got the hagu beaten out of him when he came to Bangladesh. Nevertheless, he remains one of my favourite bowlers.
Old November 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am reposting this from another thread.
Quote:
How many times did Warne face Australia? The best batting lineup of the world. Not facing the best means he is only facing the second best and the weaker opponents? Who is feasting on the weak?

Each Australian wickets should worth 2 don't you think? Since each BD and Zim worth nothing. Is one ready to add an extra wicket for every Australian Murali bagged? People get your calculator out.

This BD and Zim wicket point is so weak.... once Murali's career is over we can sit down and subtract those wickets just to make Warne's blind supporters happy. Even then Murali would lead.

Warne is as pathetic as a person can get. He had no business making a comment like asking Murali to be tested on game day. This notion only suggests Warne is screaming and saying Murali is a cheat. Pathetic indeed. "Mommy!! Mommy!! I need my pills. Those kind of pills that are called masked agents. The ones would mask any steroid usage. The ones are under banned list."

[
Old November 16, 2007, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

About the bolded part - read #16.
Old November 16, 2007, 11:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
About the bolded part - read #16.
Twisting words. Only the malicious people are aloud to do this and get away with. The cat is out of the bag already. The damage has already been done. (&*^%&%) Warne showed his true ugly color.

Here is a direct quote from the link you have given: trying to coverup his mistakes.
"All I've said in my column that I wrote was that commonsense should prevail. If umpires or anybody has any issue with actions - I'm not saying Murali's but anyone's in world cricket - then they should be tested in match conditions."

How pathetic even to suggest this? At this point, who is being questioned by the part of Australian media and fans? It is Murali that stupid warne is talking about.

Here is another link from Cricinfo:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausv...ry/319550.html

Retired star calls for analysis in match conditions
Check Murali's action in a Test - Warne
Cricinfo staff
November 13, 2007
Shane Warne believes Muttiah Muralitharan's action should be assessed in a Test match to end any lingering speculation over its legality.
"He should be tested under match conditions," Warne wrote in his column in News Ltd newspapers.

Where do you see "anyone"? Warne is saying "He". He does not mean anyone. He means Murali.

Warne fans need to stop defending warne's ugly malicious behavior. "I am innocent. My mom gave me those pills." Yeah right!!
Old November 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
"He should be tested under match conditions," Warne wrote in his column in News Ltd newspapers.
Well then the cricinfo reporter is the one who's stirring up faeces.

Here is what he ACTUALLY said (and yes, he WAS referring to Murali):

Quote:
“He should be tested under match conditions,” Warne wrote in his column in News Ltd newspapers. “I’m sure he is sick of it all, but it would be well worth the exercise and hassle. “I think for his own peace of mind and everyone in world cricket, do the testing in the heat of battle - a Test match.
Surely the ICC, Sri Lanka and Murali would want that.”
Source: http://www.paktribune.com/sports/new...l.php?nid=4185

The tone is obviously something in the lines of "he should be tested to shut up the critics and so that no one has to bother him again". Now whether the ulterior motive was something else is a different issue, but we can only guess. I'm not saying he's a saint, however, he deserves to remain innocent until proven guilty.

I'm also not saying that it his any of his business whether Murali feels comfortable about himself, but he is a retired cricketer and a columnist, and is obviously entitled to his opinion as long as the implications are not malignant (once again, it's all about the direct meaning of what he writes - the underlying motives are irrelevant).

Besides, Murali seems to be happy, and they seem to have cleared it out, so I don't see why we should continue to accuse Warne.
Old November 17, 2007, 12:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Very well pointed out ATMR.
You voiced my opinion.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 17, 2007, 08:09 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Murali has the right to be angry. Why do I find it's surprising that Warne is so concerned about how Murali feels right when he is at the brink of breaking Warney's record? If anything he should be tested on neutral ground only if the officials think it's necessary.
Old November 30, 2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:

Remember Warne has taken most of his wickets in the conditions not favourable for spin....if u check the records murali has taken many wkts against the minnows like bangladesh....

Even if murali takes 1000 wkts.....Warne will be remembered in days to come as best spinner world has seen...
Old November 30, 2007, 10:43 PM
BC Editorial Team

>> 2. Does Warne trouble EVERYONE just like Murali does?

Was this question asked before of after SL's Tests against Australia ?
Old December 1, 2007, 04:06 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ooh burn!