facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 7, 2006, 01:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Bashar on Kapali and Rokon

From daily star:

Source

But interestingly, the selectors did not even bother to recall Al Shahriar in the preliminary squad although the dashing right-hander showed his mettle in the recently concluded Premier Cricket League.

The 27-year old ex-interna-tional last played an ODI two and a half years back against Australia in Cairns but the way he batted this season should have earned him a recall, especially after the national selectors' repeated promises that they would consider domestic performance.

Shahriar, with 562 runs including six fifties as an opener, was the fourth highest scorer in the league and the best among locals. But that was not enough to convince even Bangladesh Habibul Bashar.

"There was hardly an extraordinary performer in the domestic competitions who could claim a national call. We had a very good last year except the Sri Lanka trip. So why we go for a change? Alok was considered as an all-rounder," said skipper Bashar, who is also a part of the selection committee.

Old February 7, 2006, 01:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

alok akta allrounder ar murgi akta pakhi.
Old February 7, 2006, 01:43 PM
Street Cricketer

lolz .. couldn't agree more.
Old February 7, 2006, 02:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
technically,mugri ahsole e ekta pakhi.
Old February 7, 2006, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Quote:
technically,mugri ahsole e ekta pakhi.
Hmmm.... I was also wondering if Chicken is a bird or not. This is what I found in the internet....

"Chickens (domestic birds derived from Gallus gallus, the red junglefowl) are most definitely birds. All birds are in Class Aves, and all members of Class Aves are birds. All birds have feathers (at some point in their life) and any animal with feathers is a bird. Therefore, a chicken is a bird."

Then comparison with Alok doesn't make sense anymore.

and thensuddenly I found,

"...say that a chicken is a bird to any scientist, and he'll agree with you. say that to a farmer, to a chicken vendor, or even a small child, and they'll laugh at you or even call you crazy"

Now that make sense.

Chicken == Alok
Bird == allrounder
scientist == The BCB Selectors or sunniath
farmer, chicken vendor, small child = rudro, rubu and kaiser ( you guys pick up who is who)

Now it all make sense, why rubu compared (chicken vs bird to Alok vs allrounder).

Asilam Boka Hoilam Budhiman

Edited on, February 7, 2006, 7:38 PM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 7, 2006, 02:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
উফ !! যআ বলেছেন, ভাি
Old February 7, 2006, 02:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

say that a chicken (Alok) is a bird (allrounder) to any scientist (Fazal), and he'll _______ with you.
Anyway, I am praying from my heart so that Alok comes up with a big performance (with bat or ball). In fact, I don't recall now, in one series he was a consistent performer for the team, while everyone failed. I just think he was not in the form to be recalled.
Old February 7, 2006, 02:57 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

It's pretty amazing to see that the selectors and even the captain himself so easily see the bright spots in some of the players like Kapali or Chacha... which us fans always completely fail to understand. :duh:

Maybe we still dont know how fast those real 'chickens' can fly! :P
Old February 7, 2006, 02:59 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

see when you hear the word bird, you think about something that looks good, flying in the blue sky and sings to comfort your heart. murgi on the other hand is completely out of class as a bird even though it is 'technically' a bird.

about alok, he can bat and bowl. so he is an allrounder. but unlike other allrounder his batting or bowling is no where even close. completely out of class.

in simple words, murgi is technically a bird but not a practical one. alok is technically an allrounder but not a practial one.

if you still don't know what I'm talking about, take a murgi with you and go to Katabon and try to sell it to one of the pet stores there. only then, you'll know exactly what i'm talking about

Edited on, February 7, 2006, 8:25 PM GMT, by Rubu.
Old February 7, 2006, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Gender please!! Can we compare with Morog rather than murki.

Selling Morog as a pet!! What an idea.

To whom? "Chial"?

++++

Ami bujhi na, Selector'ra kodin agey bollo, there will be proper channel for players to come up the ranks. Age group, A team then national team. I guess the performance in the two matches against UAE warrented Alok to be back in the national team. Wow!! Nice performance and nice work done by the selectors.
Old February 7, 2006, 03:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
if you still don't know what I'm talking about, take a murgi with you and go to Katabon and try to sell it to one of the pet stores there. only then, you'll know exactly what i'm talking about
Why catabon? If I get hold of a mugi, I would rather go home, cook it and eat it while watching the upcomming SriLanka Bangladesh Game. Now if the Murgi truned out to be Amader Noyon Moni Kapali, then I may sell it Faruque instead and make a good profit. beacuse only Faruque knows the tru value.
Old February 7, 2006, 04:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Quote:
Why catabon? If I get hold of a mugi, I would rather go home, cook it and eat it while watching the upcomming SriLanka Bangladesh Game. Now if the Murgi truned out to be Amader Noyon Moni Kapali, then I may sell it Faruque instead and make a good profit. beacuse only Faruque knows the tru value.
i think you are right FAZAL
Old February 7, 2006, 04:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

insh allah, Alok will prove his critics wrong this time and be a regular member form now on. go sylhety bro. u r the future captain of BD. show ur class and make all BD fans proud.
Old February 7, 2006, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

It reminds me of the recall of Saurav Ganguly in India test team during the series against England. Indian selectors recalled Ganguly back into the team saying "Ganguly is selected as an all-rounder". And then his bowling was used for just couple of overs and the very next test he was dropped from the team.

I hope Kapali does not become the same type of all rounder for Bangladesh as Ganguli is for India.

When you are not sure about someone's performance or there is no strong evidence to support the selection decision-- you just call the player an all-rounder. May be this is the modern style to bring someone back to the team.
Old February 7, 2006, 04:38 PM
Cricket Guru

All you logic guru and logic mathematicians...this is not computer science/engineering class to explain with logic

why don't you end the conclusion saying Alok is a Murgi ala.
Old February 7, 2006, 09:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Bolechen kotHa khatee
Old February 7, 2006, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

If he in fact does gets into the playing 11, I think this should be his last last chance.... unless he scores 1200 runs and averages 87.90 next season. However, I think since its a Deshi pitch and SL does have few Left armers, Kapali can (?) be a useful leggie.

Personally, I dont think Rokon should ever be recalled. He just doesnt have it... he is same as Shanto/Manju/Sanowar/Mridul et al.

If Watmore really wants to think of WC2007, he needs to think of Rafique/Bashar alternatives.... And its starts with these curtailed down tours we have left
Old February 7, 2006, 10:37 PM
Test Cricketer

i think recalling alok was unfair to players like rokon and hannan sharkar. alok hasnt proof anything to comeback to the team. but i guess he is talented (whatever that means). and the selecters, coach and our captain likes him. he needs to have good performance in this series. he owes it to the selecter, captain and the coach.
Old February 7, 2006, 10:41 PM
Test Cricketer

who will alok replace in the team. if javed opens with shariar nafees which i think should be the opening pair in odi, then who will he replace. habibur is playing so is ashraful. aftab is back healthy that only leaves rajin. but rajin had a good performance in this domestic season. maybe he will replace rana and be the 12th man. but rana also had good domestic season. he can bowl and bat. but i am sure he will get to play 1 or 2 matches against srilanka. he needs to perform on those match or else selecters should give someone else a chance.
Old February 7, 2006, 10:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladeshi selectors, Bashar and Whatmore deserve the "lat-hi" of the fans! Al-Sahahriar more than justified his inclusion in the preliminary squad. What is the harm to bring him in and see how he plays during net sessions?

I can see their point of view.....but it seems more like arrogance to me than wisdom.
Old February 8, 2006, 12:30 AM

I think Aftab's uncertainty brought back Alok in the team. Rana is / was always in consideration in ODI even Aftab is / was fit, so he will remain in the team, be it super sub or not. For the replacement of Aftab ( if not fit or off form ), Mahmood and Alok come first as new name in the team, but as we all know Mahmood is not for all ODI, Alok can bowl and field better than Mahmood, so Alok get a chance in the team. In that sense, I think selectors made a sensible selection, if the scenarios are like above.

If it was Rokon, then I am sure this thread would have gone up to 10 pages already, selectors might have tried to avoid that situation.
Old February 8, 2006, 01:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Alok is a good alrounder (whether murgi is a pakhi or not!) but definately Rana deserve the best 11 place than Alok.

I'm still confused why selector (and Sumon also) is still neglecting Rokon. Is there any commitment problem with him?

I'm afraid Rokon maybe the "Sourov Ganguly" Version of Bangladesh team...
Old February 8, 2006, 02:19 AM
Street Cricketer

Default i manjarul rana is a real alrounder in the leag

well if selector thinks alrounder, i like to say how many wickets kapali had on the current national or premeare leag.

No matter what i will say selector should give chance to Rokon, then other players on the leag will think they will have chance to get in if they are doing well

though before the leag starts selectors said they will recall from performance from leag but they didnot.

there are always some controversary staffs going on.

rokon had century also in the national leag.

he is real genious in our country though he is not playing that many national team but upto now who ever was coach for our country they commented about him really high.

anyways i would say good luck for whole team and kapali as well.
Old February 8, 2006, 03:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by CricTiger
Quote:
Bolechen kotHa khatee
Murgi jatir obo manona
Shoibe na Bangla..

Amra shobai murog hobo
Murog kheye run korbo...

Old February 8, 2006, 04:21 AM
Test Cricketer

like i said many times before alok hasnt perform since august of 2003 which was in pakistan. after that hatrick he hasnt done anything. after being out of form for so long he was dropped last year after he failed again with zimbabwe. this domestic season beside that century alok didnt do anything. rokon definitely should have gotten the chance. but since alok got the chance its time to prove everyone wrong. he needs to perform and cement his place in the team. but he got tough competition. rana and aftab. i personally think both of them are better all-arounder then alok is. rajin was out of form but he performed well in domestic cricket, hope he can continue that against srilanka. i think aftab has recover. if aftab has fully recovered he will definitely play. i just dont see a place in the final 11 for alok kapali. and shujon isnt retiring. i am sure he will play until australia series.