facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 17, 2014, 04:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Default Is it all about Nasir ?

We lost back to back three thrilling matches in this series already, in all matches Nasir didn't perform with the bat.
He has been our best finisher since he made his debut & rescued us many times when we were under pressure.

It's fascinating how much dependent we have become of him, it is not good that none of our players are capable of holding their nerves and win matches like this.
We r blessed to have a finisher like him but a team can't always depend on one guy.
Others need to step up, I'm afraid Ryad is not the guy, may be Nayeem.

PS: IDK what I'm trying to prove with this thread, it's just that we can't leave it all on Nasir.
We need to strengthen our lower order specially when Nasir is not in form.

Old February 17, 2014, 04:31 PM
Banned

His average! we hyped him up to much.

coming at no.6 or no.7 you should play according to the situation! had so much time and blown it!

Mushy tried his best to stay till the end! all the others failed especially no.6/no.7 players should finish the game!
Old February 17, 2014, 04:34 PM
Cricket Savant

there is no way NAsir is hyped , he is brilliant, look at his average & the maturity he has shown in past winning us tight matches.
Old February 17, 2014, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
there is no way NAsir is hyped , he is brilliant, look at his average & the maturity he has shown in past winning us tight matches.
look at how his performance started to go downward... everyone in bangladesh starts like a hero... its a normal trend! i rated him so much.. but his job is to remain not out and take it to the final over.. guy can't bat anymore. just to remind you.. Tamim started his career really well... Sir Ash did the same... but..
Old February 17, 2014, 04:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
look at how his performance started to go downward... everyone in bangladesh starts like a hero... its a normal trend! i rated him so much.. but his job is to remain not out and take it to the final over.. guy can't bat anymore.
haha, this happens to every batsman, without runs under the belt every batsman looks they cant bat any more, I'm sure next time he gets a start he will convert it.
Old February 17, 2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
haha, this happens to every batsman, without runs under the belt every batsman looks they cant bat any more, I'm sure next time he gets a start he will convert it.
Bruv! No Team has heartbreak like Bangladesh Three in a row! U have to win crucial moments! its not like Nasir had like 100+ runs to get! Mominul and Shamsur set it up so nicely for the middle and lower-order. if someone played like Mushy.. say Nasir or Riad stayed until the last over, we would have won. one of Shakib, Nasir, Ullah needed to score a bloody 20 runs! 20 thats all we needed. its not like Nasir had to score 100+ runs or even 50+ just 20.
Old February 17, 2014, 04:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

I don't know weather it's complacency or not, but he has looked out of sorts this whole lanka series thus far, to me.
Moment he came in the 1st ODI he looked very edgy to me, and was finding it hard to take singles which in result created some unnecessary pressure for the team and on himself.

Last Asia cup he batted freely and with such clear focused mentality it's been missing for a while. Again, its to me, what I think and my opinions counts for nothing...
Old February 17, 2014, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Many bd players started with a bang..with lot of promise. From Hannan Rokon kopali to Ash Tamim or Gazi..As soon as they start getting media and crowd attention, things start to go downhill for them. Seems like stardom is too much to handle for bd players. Thought Nasir was different. As a matter of fact I still think he is different and he will shine with the bat very soon.

Back to Simon bhai's query. .Dont think bd relies on Nasir too much. He is a key player no doubt. But not everything relies on him. BD needs another finisher. Riyad is not the solution. I never liked him as a ODI player but he is needed for tests. Its time to focus on other options. Focusing on Shabbir maybe a start
Old February 18, 2014, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

well nasir's great start continued for a lot longer than it has/did with others. i think he's a bit out of form, combined with some rough decisions against him. but i agree it seems the team have become to reliant on nasir, it didn't need anything special from anyone to win this last ODI yet the job wasn't done.
Old February 18, 2014, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

He ll bounce back. Lets not forget the quality of bowling is pretty decent, much better than West Indies or New Zealand against whom our guys had a good time.

At the same time hope, we dont pile up pressure on him. That never helps anyone. Others around him need to take responsibility as well.
Old February 18, 2014, 04:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Even the best players of the game went through down-cycles and Nasir, as good a young player as he is, will never reach those heights no matter how he may appear to tower over teammates incapable of scoring even 10 test or ODI 100s at this point, thanks to our legendary failure to convert good starts into statistical milestones.

So please take a chill pill and watch how he meets the combined challenge of better bowlers, tougher conditions, adoration/demonization from 160 million plus, and eventually, marriage. There's hope as long as he remains single.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 18, 2014, 12:48 PM
Cricket Sage

The reason behind his recent slump is he forgot to have his gluxco sport drink. Once he hav dthat he will stop dropping catch and start getting runs.
Old February 18, 2014, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

nasir needs better support from team mates. We are asking to much from him, he cannot be the saviour everytime...
Old February 18, 2014, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Nasir has been in a slump for a while now. Even in the NZ series he was sub-par scoring 48 runs in three innings. Need him to get it together if we are to win a match this series.
Old February 18, 2014, 01:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
The reason behind his recent slump is he forgot to have his gluxco sport drink. Once he hav dthat he will stop dropping catch and start getting runs.
His dance was really good reminds me of someone who used to sing, dance, model, act. He was the most successful against SL. Nasir probably trying to emulate him...I still miss Sir...Nasir is cool like him ...
Old February 18, 2014, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Nasir er chobol na khaya kono touring team back korte parbe na.
ustaad er mair shesh ratey.
No touring team can go back home without Nasir's bite.
Old February 18, 2014, 02:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Nasir er chobol na khaya kono touring team back korte parbe na.
ustaad er mair shesh ratey.
No touring team can go back home without Nasir's bite.
Ditto...
Old February 18, 2014, 10:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Nasir needs some "Pran Jaal Chanachuur"
Old February 18, 2014, 10:12 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Nasir has been in a slump for a while now. Even in the NZ series he was sub-par scoring 48 runs in three innings. Need him to get it together if we are to win a match this series.
He won us the last ODI against NZ with the bat during the final stages. That was a high pressure high scoring game where he came through for us. I remember after Ryad got out we were all very nervous about collapsing.
Old February 19, 2014, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

he should have been more careful but after getting so many chances it's not connecting definitely a form issue and umpires were culprit too in some ocassions... Overall things are not going too well at all for him.. He probably have to take things easy to get back the confidence and form
Old February 19, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Sage

I hope Rahim uses him for few overs in every ODIs instead of giving it to his Bhaira. By doing that, it will justify his batting position (as he is not playing top 5 slots) and compensate with his bowling when he is struggling with the bat or not getting runs in a game.

He has the skillset to be a true all-rounder: batting fielding and bowling.
Old February 19, 2014, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I see lots of problem in his batting these days. He simply play the shots as if he was not sure behind the shot. His drives are not smooth as one should have as for cover drive or straight drive, they look somehow he is not in control. I think he is going through bad patch.
Old February 20, 2014, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

He is turning out to be another Riyad. Hero when there is no responsibility, a big zero when given a little bit of it.
Old February 20, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

not as bad as riyad he's actually played some good knocks which have helped us win matches, don't think riyad's done that ever but he's seriously lost it recently, i still expect him to get it back soon though. hope he proves me right and not wrong.
Old February 20, 2014, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
He is turning out to be another Riyad. Hero when there is no responsibility, a big zero when given a little bit of it.
Riyad is below 50 piles of nasir s***