facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2004, 08:08 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default BBC\'s Zimbabwe Fan\'s corner

BBC sport is trying to set up a Zimbabwe fan's corner, I think we should keep an eye on it.

Here is the example of South Africa's fan's corner.

South Africa

Source:

BBC Forum

Old February 3, 2004, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

I want one too.That's it.
Old February 3, 2004, 10:49 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Here is my answers

Who have been your best players in the last year?

Hannan Sarkar, Habibul Bashar, Mashrafee Bin Murtoza

And your worst?

Khaled Mahmud the player

Sum up the last year in one word:

Disappointing

Now sum it up in 50:

Well the year started with the 4-1 win against Namibia in Namibia, but right after that, there was the absolutely disastrous world cup in the 2003, exactly opposite to the world cup of 1999, and then there was the two great come back series in Australia and Pakistan, but in the end of the year, the last tour of England was quite disappointing.

Which ground is your favourite to watch international cricket at and why?

It does not apply as there are only 2 International grounds in Bangladesh.

Are there any promising youngsters in your squad?

Promise is what we have been hearing since all the youngsters have started to come in at the International level. And by now, I think everybody knows the International players like Hannan, Kapali or Ashraful. So instead, I will point out to a few promising youngsters at the U-19 level. There is Talha Jubair, who already has played in Test cricket and in the world cup, there is Enamul Haque Junior, Aftab Ahmed, Nizamuddin, Nafees Iqbal. One player who is not in the final U-19 world cup squad is Arafat Sunny, a left arm spinner all-rounder.

Player your team couldn't cope without?

Habibul Bashar

Which opposition players do your fans most respect?

Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Akram, Inzamam Ul Haque, Ricardo Powell, Brian Lara, and many more (it will be too big an answer if I try to write all of their names). I personally respect Arjuna Ranatunga for his coolness during Sri Lanka’s World Cup win.

If you could choose one of these to play for Bangladesh, which would it be?

My first choice is obviously players like Tendulkar and Wasim Akram, but for thinking about the long-term prospect of Bangladesh, my choice would be Ranatunga. An 18-year old Arjnua Ranatunga, who can not only put Bangladesh in respectable or winning positions in his early years, but also win the world cup for Bangladesh someday when he’s old and experienced enough along with the team.

Best moment as a Bangladesh fan:

Being the ICC champions in the ICC trophy 1997 final, beating Kenya in the nail-biting match.

Biggest let down:

Loss to Canada in World Cup 2003.

Funniest thing seen at a match:

My most recent funniest, as well as a satisfying moment seen at a match is when Hannan Sarkar was caught out at the boundary ropes and was called back as the tv replays showed that the fielder Shoaib Malik had touched the rope with his foot. However, I still can’t forget how Novojat Singh Sidhu ran into the umpire and struck the umpire and then got hurt in the process, both in reailty and from fear of hitting the umpire.

Favourite all-time player:

Habibul Bashar

Worst player even seen:

Anisur Rahman, the left arm pacer, who played only two ODIs against India over a span of 2 to 3 years, and on both occasions, he was being clobbered by Tendulkar.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

I am starting to feel sorry for Anisur Rahman

Quote:
Worst player even seen:
Quote:
Anisur Rahman, the left arm pacer, who played only two ODIs against India over a span of 2 to 3 years, and on both occasions, he was being clobbered by Tendulkar.
Fahmida, it is quite likely that your piece would be included and published on the net. As such, the last item could be less harsh.
However, my opinion is that the last sentence on worst player needs more thought. Anyone in the world can get clobbered by Tendu ,especially if he only played 2 ODI.

My suggestion would be to get an arrogant guy who gets all the chances but still messes things up.

Otherwise, the rest looks great.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by oracle : spelling]