facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 19, 2018, 09:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Mushfique Denies Backing M. Riyad during his Captaincy

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...living-1662880

Quote:
there was talk that I backed [Mahmudullah] Riyad bhai when I was the captain to get him into the team, which is absurd. No one can do that when you are playing for your country. I always try to be honest with myself.

Yes, I expressed my belief in some players during their bad patches. There was even a period when people wanted to drop Tamim Iqbal. I said that we are not going to get a player like Tamim in decades and he too will admit what I did for him. You won't have alternatives for players like Tamim or Riyad bhai.
Putting riyad in the same sentence as tamim or you? Bias detected. you have two double centuries in test in span of like 3 years or so. The BATSMAN you are backing barely ONLY has 2 centuries (high Strike Rate) over the span of 10 years playing pretty much most of the test matches.

Judge him properly please, otherwise, it's just verbal denial - not in actual thoughts.

Old November 19, 2018, 10:58 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...living-1662880

Putting riyad in the same sentence as tamim or you? Bias detected. you have two double centuries in test in span of like 3 years or so. The BATSMAN you are backing barely ONLY has 2 centuries (high Strike Rate) over the span of 10 years playing pretty much most of the test matches.

Judge him properly please, otherwise, it's just verbal denial - not in actual thoughts.
He is was making a general statement because Tamim never came close to getting dropped from the test side as much as I remember. What else is he supposed to say anyways?. "Riyad bhai was **** and I wish he wasnt my bhaira bhai or I wouldve chucked him right out". A captain has to back every single player that gets selected. Not exacty rocket science
Old November 20, 2018, 11:19 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
He is was making a general statement because Tamim never came close to getting dropped from the test side as much as I remember. What else is he supposed to say anyways?. "Riyad bhai was **** and I wish he wasnt my bhaira bhai or I wouldve chucked him right out". A captain has to back every single player that gets selected. Not exacty rocket science
He is talking about Tamim's ODI form where he was dropped and then added against Pakistan.
Old November 20, 2018, 12:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

ALL this would be non issues if only we specialized. But Papon has stated on many occasions that he wants to try any performing player in ALL 3 formats. I don't agree with such a strategy.