facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 10, 2018, 07:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
I agree with you in some degree about inconsistency in team selection, often players being shifted around the batting order without any apparent reason. However, imo, the management should be given credit for putting Imrul at #6 against AFG. Main threat against AFG was Rashid-Mujib, and Imrul is known as a good player of spin. Moreover, Rashid-Mujib were his teammates in Comilla during BPL. The move worked brilliantly, and helped Imrul gain back his spot in the team.

I thought it was natural that Shanto lost his spot after three miserable failures, and both Imrul and Soumya gained back their top order spots. You can't fail so miserably matches after matches and expect to still survive. I know even Shakib-Tamim-Mushfiq were inconsistent in their early days, but still none were this miserable.
3 matches is nothing, to drop a new player after that amount of matches, their isn’t a reason unless they were filling in for injury and the injured player comes back to reclaim the position that is already theirs.

I gave an example somewhere on this forum before, rilee rossouw had like 5 or so ducks in his first 10 odi matches and has an average of 38 now after 30 or so, think he also got some single digit scores in the first 10 as well.

Aiden Markram, look at his odi record, it looks poor, only saviour is his one 50 which he got in his first ODI outing but in his last 14 innings he has not reached 50 once but they are persisting with him, averaging only 25. He got 4 single digit scores in his first 10 odi innings.

It’s less about shanto, it’s a broader issue.

I’ve given other examples, BD is the only test team that I can think of which drops players so quickly without giving them proper time to step up to the new level.

Like I said before, where are these players going to develop? Can’t do it in domestics and got barely any A team cricket. Dropping them just means they go back to domestic cricket if it’s domestic cricket season (if it’s isn’t then tough luck for them they have no where to play cricket) where they still can’t improve anyway because the system isn’t well set up to prepare them for international cricket.

Normally shifting players around I don’t mind so much, but when you are preparing for a WC and it’s about 6 months away, the team should be mainly settled bar maybe a couple of places in the main xi and maybe a couple of the squad spots as well. So with that being the case the team positions shouldn’t be shuffled around much. You’ve got most spots set so if injuries occur, bring in your back ups for the injured players, give them experience.

Old November 11, 2018, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Shanto has play played a grand total of 5 international matches, how about giving him sometime to adjust to international cricket? Sure can’t give players 10 years but the speed at which players lose their backing here is pretty ludacris at times.

Need I remind all the cornerstones of the BD team atm have haded many many more chances than we are giving the current youngsters. I’m talking about mash, mushy, shakib, Tamim, riyad, imrul.
In your world hype + not performing = drop? Who is talking about droping him? My post simply pointed out the over hypness of this kid. If it was referred to my post, pin point towards where I mentioned to drop him after one series. If a player is selected, give him a good amount of 3-4 series to show the world what he is capable of. Not one off series and then boom dropped. He should not have been selected to begin with since it is very clear that he is not even in consideration for the WC. The experiment should have taken place after the WC. Regardless of how Sharkar performs, its quite evident that he will get the green signal.

Also why does everyone keep on bringing in mash, mushy, shakib, Tamim, riyad, imrul. when defending someone? As if we had quality pipeline waiting on the sideline when they made their debut. If anything, we still have barely anything notable waiting in the sideline even after a decade.
Old November 12, 2018, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Mosaddek , you fans can contort your stats all you want make faux comparasions as to how he is the second coming of Christ but he still has done nothing of note in any format
Old November 12, 2018, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
Mosaddek , you fans can contort your stats all you want make faux comparasions as to how he is the second coming of Christ but he still has done nothing of note in any format
Not a Mosaddek fan but his two crucial wickets during the NZ game in the CT was note worthy
Old November 12, 2018, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Mosaddek was discarded too early especially in tests , in ODIs it's understandable with our stable team but an average of 35 after 2 tests definitely deserves more chances , he also has great record in FC with 60+ average.

But as we all know in Bangladesh performance in one format is taken as indication of performance in another format, that's the kind of complete package selectors we have. They rather pick Mithun and Apu after some good ODIs for test matches
Old November 12, 2018, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Hype er dekso ki,

Thanks. Now I have cancer.
Old November 12, 2018, 08:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

^^

Comeon my dude, why u gotta do us like that lol I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on that
Old November 20, 2018, 03:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

slim Shady

Posted via BC Mobile Edition