facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default BNP Leader Rizvi arrested

বিএনপির যুগ্ম-মহাসচিব রুহুল কবীর রিজভীকে গ্রেফতার করে গোয়েন্দারা। বিএনপি নেতাদের গ্রেফতারে রাতে আরো অভিযান চলবে বলে জানিয়েছে পুলিশ সূত্র।

READ MORE

Old April 30, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
If this is a serious news, I think it deserves a new thread. We can follow up 83 cases including on going Iliyas Ali case. It's a really scaring issue if this is true.
----------------------------------------

If you believe this is serious news than u must be really really high on something...
Crusader 100 (over dosage of marvel comics for the writer, i tell u).... Think this piece is inspired by the sl guardian also
Old May 1, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Is ILIYAS ALI Dead ???

ধন্যবাদ শ্রম ও কর্মসংস্থান প্রতিমন্ত্রী মন্নুজান সুফিয়ান। আজ মঙ্গলবার সকালে ওসমানী মিলনায়তনে অনুষ্ঠিত মে দিবসের অনুষ্ঠানে প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার উপস্থিতিতে আপনি বলেছেন, “‘ইলিয়াসের বিধবা স্ত্রী জানেন, তাঁর স্বামীর প্রকৃত খুনি কে।’ ‘ইলিয়াসের বিধবা স্ত্রী যখন টেলিভিশনে কথা বলেন, তখন মনে হয় তিনি অনেক কথা জানেন, কিন্তু বলতে পারছেন না।’ ইলিয়াসের স্ত্রীকে উদ্দেশ করে তিনি বলেন, ‘আপনি জানেন, আপনার স্বামীর খুনি কে, কারা তাঁকে অপহরণ করেছিল। শেখ হাসিনা বঙ্গবন্ধুর কন্যা, তিনি কোনো দিন এ কাজ করতে পারেন না। প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা আপনাকে ডেকেছেন, তাঁর কাছে সব খুলে বলুন। আশা করি, আপনার স্বামীর খুনিরা ধরা পড়বে।’ আজ যারা সরসারি সম্প্রচারিত অনুষ্ঠান দেখেছেন তারা এই বক্তব্য সরাসরিই শুনতে পেয়েছেন।

READ MORE
Old May 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero

ধন্যবাদ শ্রম ও কর্মসংস্থান প্রতিমন্ত্রী মন্নুজান সুফিয়ান। আজ মঙ্গলবার সকালে ওসমানী মিলনায়তনে অনুষ্ঠিত মে দিবসের অনুষ্ঠানে প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনার উপস্থিতিতে আপনি বলেছেন, “‘ইলিয়াসের বিধবা স্ত্রী জানেন, তাঁর স্বামীর প্রকৃত খুনি কে।’ ‘ইলিয়াসের বিধবা স্ত্রী যখন টেলিভিশনে কথা বলেন, তখন মনে হয় তিনি অনেক কথা জানেন, কিন্তু বলতে পারছেন না।’ ইলিয়াসের স্ত্রীকে উদ্দেশ করে তিনি বলেন, ‘আপনি জানেন, আপনার স্বামীর খুনি কে, কারা তাঁকে অপহরণ করেছিল। শেখ হাসিনা বঙ্গবন্ধুর কন্যা, তিনি কোনো দিন এ কাজ করতে পারেন না। প্রধানমন্ত্রী শেখ হাসিনা আপনাকে ডেকেছেন, তাঁর কাছে সব খুলে বলুন। আশা করি, আপনার স্বামীর খুনিরা ধরা পড়বে।’ আজ যারা সরসারি সম্প্রচারিত অনুষ্ঠান দেখেছেন তারা এই বক্তব্য সরাসরিই শুনতে পেয়েছেন।

READ MORE
ar amrao apnar kotha shuney upolobdhi korlam je unar opohoron er shathe apni jorito ,ta na hole Ilias Ali'r stri ke bidhoba keno bollen?
Jottoshob altu faltu manushder diya desh chalaitasey.
Old May 1, 2012, 04:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

IF Ilius Ali is dead and killed by BAL according to this above lady ,from today I become anti-BAL.I had a soft corner for BAL because of Bangobandu Shaikh Mujibur rahman.I stil love and admires him but not his party anymore.M Ilius Ali my near village son. Yes when he was student leader his character wasn’t pure like flower but he had love for his area, division and country. In his five years time he tried and developed his constituency immensely nobody will do in next 50 years.

From MP slowly he was becoming divisional and national leader. He was against India’s border killing and TipaiMukh dam. He had desire and loves to develop his area and country. No one ever claimed that he was corrupted unlike many BD politicians even though he had power to do so. I never had any interest in BD politics. I have never cried in my Du’a’s for any alive human except M Ilius Ali and its hurts me now. I was waiting that he will be free soon. It’s a big loss for my area ,Sylhet and Bangladesh’s.

Shame on BAL Shame on BD politics. This country will go nowhere. Revenge will go on and on.People have no idea how much his area's people loves him and how they will take this news.Already three people dead and many injuried.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Shafiul Islam

Now it makes sense how she knows M Ilius Ali's wife is widow and he is dead when whole country don't know about it.If she knows this information then PM knows more.Both of them should be in remand.IF all this news are true may Allah curse BAL leaders and Shaikh Hasina.

11:46:00 AM | Posted by Sri Lanka Guardian
Bangladesh towards civil war

| by Jessica Fox

( May 01, 2012, Dhaka, Sri Lanka Guardian) Latest situation in Dhaka, the Capital city of the South Asian country named Bangladesh is fearsome in real sense. Members of law enforcing agencies are continuing combing operations in the city in search of top brasses of main opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), while private television channels in particular are already in the owe of huge fear following government extreme repressive attitude towards political opponents. Especially the situation in Bangladesh turned very complex, when the ruling party lodged criminal cases against BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Munshi and members of the presidium ASM Hannan Shah, Mirza Abbas, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, Sadeq Hossain Khoka, joint secretary Amanullah Aman, Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, BNP leader Abdus Salam, Moazzem Hossain Alal, Saiful Alam Nirob, Habibun Nabi Khan Sohel, Sarafat Ali Sofu, LDP chairman Col (Retd) Oli Ahmed, BJP chairman Barrister Andalib Rahman Partha, MP, Asiya Ashrafi Papiya, MP, Shammi Akhtar, MP, Rehana Akhtar Ranu, MP, Nilufar Chowdhury Moni, MP, Shahid Uddin Chowdhury Annie, MP, JAGPA leader Shahfiul Alam Prodhan and others. Meanwhile, allegations of inhuman torture in custody on the arrested BNP and opposition leaders have already been printed in Dhaka’s print media. Eminent Bangladeshi columnist Syed Badrul Ahsan in a front-page commentary titled “When anti-politics becomes the norm”, published in leading English newspaper The daily Star wrote, “…The truth, at this point of time, is that politics is in a deep slide toward regression. Or you could even suggest that where a revival of politics, in that very modern, renaissance sense of the meaning, was the goal following the general elections of December 2008, it is today the very reverse of that goal the nation happens to be going through. Anti-politics has become the order of the day.

“That a government enjoying a vast majority in parliament and therefore vast powers is not necessarily competent government is a fact demonstrated all too well in the more than three years which have elapsed since January 2009. The death of citizens in "crossfire" has gone on, with the authorities unable to explain why the security forces are so trigger-happy. Worse, the terrible malady of disappearances, something we thought was once associated with South America in the old dictator-driven days, is now part of Bangladesh's anti-politics culture.

Ruling party in Dhaka is pushing the current political crisis into much deeper state at timing, when the country is expected to receive US Secretary of States Hillary Clinton on May 5th, though now it is greatly feared that a civil war or a mass-revolt against the current regime may spark at any time.
“A goodly number of citizens have been abducted in these past many months. Some have been found dead, but most have remained untraced. That is not what you expect in a democracy. And yet Ilias Ali and all those others before him have disappeared in all the aura of democracy which does not quite look like democracy as it should be. That is not acceptable.

“It is not acceptable that the government cannot trace Ilias Ali inasmuch as it is not acceptable that it remains unable to dig into the truth behind the murder of a Saudi diplomat, of a journalist couple, of so many others across the country. It is not acceptable that platitudes be offered where decisive action is the need.”

The same newspaper in its editorial wrote: “It seems that the government has lost its sense of proportion, a precarious state to be in for a government that is led by the oldest party in the country. It is difficult to conclude otherwise from the absurd step it has chosen to take several opposition leaders to court for creating violence during hartal on Sunday

“Reportedly, two cases have been filed against BNP leaders Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and LDP President Oli Ahmed and several other leaders and activists of 18-party alliance. In fact as many as 73 leaders of the newly formed alliance have been made accused in several cases including the cocktail blast at the secretariat and bus torching case.

“To say the least, we find this utterly weird that party leaders belonging to the opposition are sought to be taken to the court accused of creating violence. Not that such action is the first of its kind. It had happened in the past which only exacerbated the situation.

“Not only does the government action appear irrational, there is little doubt also that the move has been motivated more by a feeling of vindictiveness rather than the government's wish to curb violence. And at a time like this, when the situation is turbulent, and when the need is for a more coolheaded approach to defuse the prevailing situation that has the prospect of escalating further, it seems that the government is itching for a confrontation by ratcheting up the level of confrontation.”

Ruling party in Dhaka is pushing the current political crisis into much deeper state at timing, when the country is expected to receive US Secretary of States Hillary Clinton on May 5th, though now it is greatly feared that a civil war or a mass-revolt against the current regime may spark at any time. Especially the fear of speculation of revolt is becoming prominent following lodging of criminal cases against the opposition leaders at large while members of the law enforcing agencies are visibly increasing numerous forms of hostilities on the civilians. The culture of using the law enforcing agencies simply like political cadres are nothing new in Bangladesh. Such bad practices started during the rule of military ruler H M Ershad, who was ousted from power in 1990 though a mass revolt. Politico pundits in Bangladesh as well as expatriate Bangladeshis in various countries are seeing outbreak of similar mass revolt against the current repressive regime in Dhaka “at any time”.

It should be reminded here that the current political turmoil in Dhaka started following forced disappearance of BNP leader M Ilias Ali and his chauffer. Though the government is making false promise of rescuing Ilias Ali alive -- a number of credible sources indicate that the BNP leader and his driver were “cleared” by the members of Raw-trained Crusader-100, hours after they were being picked up. It said Ilias and Ansar were taken inside a house located at diplomatic enclave named Gulshan, where they were slaughtered by the members of the killing squad, who are working on specific hit-list. Following the murder of the BNP leader and his chauffer their dead bodies were secretly transported to Buriganga river at the old part of Dhaka and was subsequently loaded in a river-going cargo vessel, which lifted anchor at 4:00 o’clock in the morning and started for Sunderban mangrove forest, where the dead-bodies were buried or might have been sliced and offered to tigers as feast. This tragic incident was brought into knowledge of the Bangladesh PM 2-3 hours of the “execution” of the Sunderban mission of the Crusader-100 members.

http://www.srilankaguardian.org/2012...civil-war.html
Old May 2, 2012, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_2015
IF Ilius Ali is dead and killed by BAL according to this above lady ,from today I become anti-BAL.I had a soft corner for BAL because of Bangobandu Shaikh Mujibur rahman.I stil love and admires him but not his party anymore.M Ilius Ali my near village son. Yes when he was student leader his character wasn’t pure like flower but he had love for his area, division and country. In his five years time he tried and developed his constituency immensely nobody will do in next 50 years.

From MP slowly he was becoming divisional and national leader. He was against India’s border killing and TipaiMukh dam. He had desire and loves to develop his area and country. No one ever claimed that he was corrupted unlike many BD politicians even though he had power to do so. I never had any interest in BD politics. I have never cried in my Du’a’s for any alive human except M Ilius Ali and its hurts me now. I was waiting that he will be free soon. It’s a big loss for my area ,Sylhet and Bangladesh’s.

Shame on BAL Shame on BD politics. This country will go nowhere. Revenge will go on and on.People have no idea how much his area's people loves him and how they will take this news.Already three people dead and many injuried.

This assumption that government would kidnap a noname mp of the opposition party sounds a little far fetched. Lets face it, how many of you really knew this man before the kidnap?
Secondly if RAB did it than it was done on plain clothes since the witness does not testify seeing a security personnel.
Thirdly this Sl Guardian article is

Anyways now the matter of real concern is that this guy is off radar for more than 15 days... that is a failiure from the governments part.... but if you equate that to the murder of Kibria or Ahsanullah master or may be 21st Aug grenade attack than that is stretching it too far... and the opposition is being irresposible with their policies of strike and vandalism...
Old May 3, 2012, 09:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

HWG, Whats your response on following:

Quote:
BD_2015: Now it makes sense how she knows M Ilius Ali's wife is widow and he is dead when whole country don't know about it.If she knows this information then PM knows more.Both of them should be in remand.IF all this news are true may Allah curse BAL leaders and Shaikh Hasina.
How does she know, that M. Ali is dead??
Old May 4, 2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
This assumption that government would kidnap a noname mp of the opposition party sounds a little far fetched. Lets face it, how many of you really knew this man before the kidnap?
Ilius Ali is a noname MP?

You must be out of BD for a l o n g time my friend!
Old May 7, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Its absurd to say the government are behind this.

He (Ilias) used to be heavily involved in criminal activity from his student life so I have a feeling this kidnapping could be a repercussion of his past dealings with the many enemies he made..I hope he is found alive for the sake of his family who must be totally heart broken.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ilius Ali is a noname MP?

You must be out of BD for a l o n g time my friend!
I am out of the country for a long time, true...
But that being said, I dont recall he was ever managed to be a minster during the BNP regimes... Also some Wiki browsing tells me that he was known for instigating violence inside university campus and had a past rivalry with Saifur rahman. None of those factors really make him a big name inside BNP...
Also I dont think he is one of the major policy makers inside the party... So I stick by my previous comment "he is a no-name mp"
Old May 7, 2012, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
HWG, Whats your response on following:

How does she know, that M. Ali is dead??
I am not a AL spokesperson bro altho I am more left leaning and a liberal...
Anyways if she really made such statement than journalists must ask her that question...
Old May 8, 2012, 07:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
Its absurd to say the government are behind this.

He (Ilias) used to be heavily involved in criminal activity from his student life so I have a feeling this kidnapping could be a repercussion of his past dealings with the many enemies he made..I hope he is found alive for the sake of his family who must be totally heart broken.
My Aunt was in DU at around the same time that Ilias Ali was terrorizing students - he was apparently known as 'Pistol' Ali. He's nothing but a goon that is being painted as a martyr of sorts. That being said, I agree with Yameen, I hope that he is found alive for the sake of his family.
Old May 13, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Gallup: Sheikh Hassina Enjoys 77% Approval Rating

Gallup: Sheikh Hassina Enjoys 77% Approval Rating

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Majorities in more than half of the 21 Asian countries and regions Gallup surveyed in 2011 approved of their chief executives, with leaders in Southeast and South Asia earning some of the highest marks in the region. Laotians, Cambodians, and Sri Lankans were the most likely to express support for their leaders, with more than nine in 10 saying they approve of their job performance. The 20% approval rating that Pakistanis gave their president was the lowest in the region.

More...
Old May 13, 2012, 08:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I wonder how much of that 77% is because, if we do not approve her, we might end up losing our life? Was the polling anonymous? If it was done using phone calls like most of the gallup polls, there is no way anyone will give out accurate information.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:56 PM
Administrator

They used random sampling. The sample set was large enough to have low error bars. But the problem was that they only sampled currently elected MPs.
Old May 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

The PM's personal popularity shouldn't be conflated with that of her sister/cousins' wing of the party. People, including never-die BAL (Tajuddin) loyalists such as myself, are bitterly exasperated by their abuse of the greatest political mandate in our history since '71. The PM has too soft a corner for these people, because of the tragedy of '75, and it's going to cost nation big time. BNP will pick up lots of seats, we'll lose a lot more, and the murderous criminal Ershad would become king again.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 14, 2012, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
They used random sampling. The sample set was large enough to have low error bars. But the problem was that they only sampled currently elected MPs.
Are you serious with the last part?

Here is the methodology from Gallup:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/154625/So...oval-Asia.aspx
Survey Methods

Results are based on face-to-face and telephone interviews with approximately 1,000 adults, aged 15 and older, conducted between April 5 and Dec. 4, 2011, in the 21 countries identified in the article. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error ranges from ± 2 percentage points to ±4 percentage points. The margin of error reflects the influence of data weighting. In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

For more complete methodology and specific survey dates, please review Gallup's Country Data Set details.

Here is the PDF: http://www.gallup.com/file/se/128171...03-28-12rp.pdf

For BD it was face-to-face in Bengali, conducted between apr 15 to 30th 2011 with a margin of error of 3.4. The 'design effect' was 1.23 : The design effect calculation reflects the weights and does not incorporate the intraclass correlation coefficients. Design effect calculation: n*(sum of squared weights)/[(sum of weights)*(sum of weights)]
and the margin of error: Margin of error is calculated around a proportion at the 95% confidence level. The maximum margin of error was calculated assuming a reported percentage of 50% and takes into account the design effect. Margin of error calculation: √(0.25/N)*1.96*√(DE)
Old May 14, 2012, 10:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Does it say anything about the location ???
Where was the internview held ?? Tungipara ?? or Coxsbazar ? Or Rangpur ?? or Bogra ??
What is the sample distribution number per location ??
More specifics on the age bracket ?? How many within 15-24, 24-35, 36-50 etc...

What about profession ??
Male or Female ???
Literacy rate amongst the participant ??

The whole report looks to me more like a chupa chuup lolly pop.
Right after Ms Clinton visits Bangladesh along with Mr Mukherjee of India and our PM agrees to sell whatever left of the country in return of another term in the seat, the US pimps up with a little reward to brainwash everyone with the thought that Hasina has 77% approval rate in BD !!

Even if I take the report to be unbiased and correct, one little fact is Hasina was able to keep her mouth shut even till back in April, 2011. But for past few months, the things she have said, we could easily right an "Amor Bani" on that. IF you do the similar survey today, I'd be mighty surprised to see her approval rate going anything above 32 % !!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

But the poll took place much before the visit from Clinton. As to the questions, Gallup does not say anything - but gives the margin of error. Gallup does have a reputation - that's all that I know.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Gallup: Sheikh Hassina Enjoys 77% Approval Rating

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Majorities in more than half of the 21 Asian countries and regions Gallup surveyed in 2011 approved of their chief executives, with leaders in

More...
77% approval rating!? May be it's a typo? Could be 7.7%??
Old May 16, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

Quote:
Bangladesh textile workers end strike
Workers suffering from low wages end days of strikes and riots sparked by disappearance of trade union leader...
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...738737455.html
Old May 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
Cricket Legend

270,000 yaba tablets seized, 4 held
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=37782

This Yaba stuff was Greek to me. I saw an awesome documentary of Meth on PBS on Tuesday but knew not of Yaba. Frontline is awesome - a perfect blend of Humanities and Statistics. Watch it:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/
Old May 20, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Bangladesh finds first oil, in two gas fields

Bangladesh finds first oil, in two gas fields :-) This is first time that we have found economically viable oil resources, estimated at about 153 million barrels.

REUTERS
Old May 20, 2012, 08:59 AM
Administrator

I hope it it is not like this.