facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 22, 2005, 12:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Take it easy brothers. Think about Faisal Hossain. He also rocked the National League for a season. Let Golam Mabud play the domestic league for another season to see if he a real deal. Peace.....

Old April 22, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Take it easy brothers. Think about Faisal Hossain. He also rocked the National League for a season. Let Golam Mabud play the domestic league for another season to see if he a real deal. Peace.....
Unterstood. But what wrong with sending him with team-a and/or u-19?
Old April 22, 2005, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by sunniath
Thanks for backing me up Sunniath.

I just wanted to point out that this is not Golam Rahman's first season in NCL. He played four matches last season, scored a century and two fifties, averaged 54.50. He is showing consistency over a fairly long period of time.

So did Faisal Hossain. Faisal's inclusion in natl team was by no means based on one season of fluke. Matter of fact, Faisal is still a very regular scorer in domestic circuit.

Anyway, the purpose of the A-team is to try out potential players, and failures like Faisal, Ehsanul, or Moniruzzaman should not stop us from trying out top performers of domestic arena. All I am saying is to hold your horses, big disappointments come with great expectations.

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 12:29 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old April 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Poor Faisal Hossain seems to have become the most popular example of a successful domestic player not making the cut at international cricket. But to be fair, the man played one Test match and a couple of one-dayers. Same with Moniruzzaman. Gooch scored a pair in his first Test. I'm sure a lot of other successful international batsmen have done the same. To be fair on Faisal, we expected too much. We thought he would walk into the Bangladesh side and start cracking centuries. Aftab made a relatively slow start at international cricket as well but I feel that he is going to come of age within the next year or two. We shouldn't continuously beat up on players who got thrust into international cricket and then kicked out because they didn't make an immediate impact. No all players do that!
Old April 22, 2005, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I am sorry about my last comment regarding Faisal, Ehsanul, and Moniruzzaman. I did not mean to wright them off. Actually, I want Moniruzzaman to be sent to England with A-team.
Old April 22, 2005, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

another lefty....i would take it.........imagine he is opening with shahriar nafees ...we have two lefties opening.... megh na chaite bristi... hehe....
Old April 22, 2005, 09:39 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

if we've given faisal a few more chance, who knows he might have succeed. this goes for many other. but for most of them, they were too early to pull, too early to throw. this shows the crying need for A team. for a long time we did not have such thing and so there was no place to test the domestic talents or give the new comers a chance to get back their heart beat to normal rythom. now that we have a regular A team, why don't we use it before pulling a brand new player to national team? selectors did a good job with shahadat. many people were asking to see him in national team since u19 world cup and he got the chance now. golam rahman should be given even more time so that we do not ruin him like we did to many others. on the same tone, i'm concerned about anwar hossain. i think he was too early to pulled to national team even if he had talent. as it seems, he'll not get a second chance if he do not show something promising in england.

people under McInnes did relatively better than those who was not under him. was golam rahman trained under McInnes? if he is, we can be relatively sure that he will keep it up in national level

Edited on, April 23, 2005, 2:40 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.
Old April 22, 2005, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq's situation is a bit different. He is coming here as an understudy to Pilot. He will play in a warm-up game or two so that Pilot doesn't have to play 3 matches in three weeks leading up to the Tests. So, the expectations from him aren't all that high. He will do fine in the warm-ups and a tour where he will be around the seniors will be very good for him. If Pilot had retired or was injured and we were taking Mushfiq in his place, that would have been a cause for worry. But he will be fine on this tour, I'm quite sure.
Old April 22, 2005, 10:14 PM
Test Cricketer

i cant believe this topic about golam rahman has gone till page 4. well he is doing very well in this years NCL. if he is u-19 he should have gone to australia but i dont think he is u-19 that is why he wasnt considered for australian tour. but his performance definitely deserves a chance for the a-team. but i wouldnt have my hopes up too much because we have seen many players who failed internationally and performed very well in domestic cricket. look at anwar hussein and alamgir kabir. there record in domestic cricket is excellent but they fail in tests and odi. faisal hussein is another example. moniruzzman, rafiqul islam who couldnt play more then 1 match. also sabbir khan who has a great domestic record but he couldnt perform even for the a-team. but i am not saying that he doenst have what it take. i hope the selectors allows him to play for the a-team in the near future. after performing for the a-team for some time then only then he should be considered for the national team. and rightnow we have players in the national team. i think shariar nafees will do very well. shamsu rahman shuvo is also another guy who maybe considered for the future. he has been playing and performing for u-19 for some time. so golam rahman has few people ahead of him so he needs to wait and perform with his bat. and we shouldnt get too carried away we need to wait and see what he can do when he is really tested.
Old April 23, 2005, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Do you remember Ehsanul's eyes in the last world cup. He was so scared to face the balls you could see his eye balls almost popping out of his face. As if the the bowler was throwing an explosive instead of the ball. I have never seen a horror movie where the screaming girls seemed more scared. I will NEVER again support his selection in any National teams. A, B or C.
That's nothing a good bowling machine won't fix
Old April 23, 2005, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Habibul_fan
Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Do you remember Ehsanul's eyes in the last world cup. He was so scared to face the balls you could see his eye balls almost popping out of his face. As if the the bowler was throwing an explosive instead of the ball. I have never seen a horror movie where the screaming girls seemed more scared. I will NEVER again support his selection in any National teams. A, B or C.
That's nothing a good bowling machine won't fix
Are you saying BD does not have a good bowling machine? or was it that he did not play with the machine long enough?
Old April 25, 2005, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

All three Golams of Sylhet have cool nicks- Sishir, Tushar, and Himmel (Mabud, Mawla, and Rahman).

Congratulations to Himmel for being the top scorer in the 4day version of NCL.
Old April 25, 2005, 10:15 AM
Club Cricketer

nothing happened to him he is going to England for bd-a with Nazimuddin , Farhad Reza and Rajjak Raj .......
Old April 25, 2005, 10:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Desh Bangla
nothing happened to him he is going to England for bd-a with Nazimuddin , Farhad Reza and Rajjak Raj .......
He is going!!! Hurraaaay

Edited on, April 25, 2005, 3:28 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.
Old April 25, 2005, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Quote:
Originally posted by Desh Bangla
Is England bound A team declared?? Source please.
Old April 25, 2005, 11:50 AM
Club Cricketer

BD-A hasn't declared officially only 5 players been selected not all of them . It will be selected next month officially .
Old April 25, 2005, 11:21 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok ai Golam Rahman tini kintu sylhet doler. jodio tar dol kintu bhalo korte pareni. kintu tini kintu theme thakenni. ekai kintu shob run korechen. asha korbo tini ai unnotir dhara obbahoto rakhben ebong akdin asha korbo jatiyo doler jonno tar shobuj bati jole uthbe. dannabad.