facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2007, 01:21 PM
Retired BC Admin

Default Please do not call Habibul Bashar Hablu

Please do not call Habibul Bashar, Hablu or something like that. He earned that small respect. Thank you.
Old April 13, 2007, 01:29 PM
Test Cricketer

'Bablu' it is!
Old April 13, 2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

i never called him that. but the way he got himself out was pure mock
Old April 13, 2007, 01:34 PM
Retired BC Admin

No jokes please. Sometimes we do cross the limit and inadvertently hurt people's feelings. We should keep in mind that Bashar is a human being and he does have feelings too.
Old April 13, 2007, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

aita to bhai ador er daak.

whatever we say about him, fact is we all love him. its just the frustration got in the way.
Old April 13, 2007, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
actually, that's true. i am a full-fledged bashar supporter, but even i sometimes refer to him as "hablu" - not because i think he is one, but because of his shorol hashi, the irony of which is that it's actually more dharalo on the inside than mona lisa's: it can sink a billion hearts, thus leading to hablu being an "adorer daak"
Old April 14, 2007, 12:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
i am a full-fledged bashar supporter, but even i sometimes refer to him as "hablu" - not because i think he is one, but because of his shorol hashi, the irony of which is that it's actually more dharalo on the inside than mona lisa's: it can sink a billion hearts, thus leading to hablu being an "adorer daak"
Yup!!! I always find something in ATMR's posts that just seem like it's been taken right outta my mouth.

But really, recently Bashar's come up with a few antics on the field that quite seriously got on my (and almost all of our) nerves. But personally, it hasnt reached any level for which I would turn my back onto him forever and seriously call him disrespectful names. Afterall, he the one who's led us to a significant height in world cricket.
Old April 14, 2007, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

whatever we say about him, fact is we all love him. its just the frustration got in the way.
ditio
Old April 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

Quote:

Yes I agree wid u we dont show any disrespect to him its just a nickname for him we gave to show the love u know!!!
Old April 13, 2007, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Can we call him Abool? I am sure thats a legitimate name..
Old April 13, 2007, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru

tactically he may not be a good captain but statistically he is the best captain we have got so far and he deserves little bit of credit and appreciations for teams performance in this world cup. and i liked his captaincy against England. He was aggressive and hopefully he will show no mercy against Ireland.
Old May 10, 2007, 04:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
tactically he may not be a good captain but statistically he is the best captain we have got so far and he deserves little bit of credit and appreciations for teams performance in this world cup. and i liked his captaincy against England. He was aggressive and hopefully he will show no mercy against Ireland.

There are lies,then damn lies and then there are statistics..
Habibul is going to be the Habla of the century. Hajar bochorer shrestho Habla. There I said it.
Old April 13, 2007, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I'm not gonna argue, but then I don't wanna see no more ashraFOOL, which i feel is alot more disrespectful than Hablu
Old April 13, 2007, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

I never called him Hablu or anythink like that.

However from now on (for the rest of the WC), I will call him Sir Bashar. Lets see if that helps him get some runs or not.
Old April 13, 2007, 01:52 PM
Test Cricketer

I will call him Banglar Raja...how about that
Old April 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshCricket
I will call him Banglar Raja...how about that

I like that. Appropriate name. Here is a logo that I found in the internet:

Banglar Raja
Old April 13, 2007, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Banglar Raja
It surely bring back some memory.........
Old April 13, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
It surely bring back some memory.........

i was too little to understand that
Old April 14, 2007, 02:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Banglar Raja
lmao...nice logo buddy..... capt bashar it is !!
Old April 16, 2007, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Honorable Captain of Bangladesh Cricket
When on field playing against any opponent, we give you 100% support to you and your team.

Your Excellency
We recognize your past contribution as a player as well as a captain playing for Bangladesh Cricket.

Honorable Captain Habibul Bashar
We recognize and appreciate for taking the team to 2nd round of WC2007, which was beyond our expectation before the tournament started. And we recognize that as part of the team, you deserve our support.

Respected Bashar
We realize that our team is still learning how to grow and therefore there are ups and downs and need to go through the growing pains.

Honorable Sir
The win against India and SA will be in our soul and mind for a long long time beyond 2007.

Our Dear Captain
We know that after giving us for so long and so much now you are struggling with your form and advanced age and highly competitive tournament (WC2007) is not helping you recovering that form back. And we realize that it may not comeback any time soon and its not anyway due to your lack of effort..

Banglar Raja
Banglar Raja, amra tomar proja. We know you have a pleasant personality and smart brain, even that may not be communicated to the fans due to the tuff job demand as a captain of a young under-dog team whose fan's expectation is increasing by leaps and bounds with each win.

Basher Bashi
Basher Bashi, paina to ar hashi. We hope that you will sit with your family and close-one and make a soul searching and come up with a right decision about your future with our ODI team. Its important that you consider your personal legacy as well as team's health. That is to retire with head high, with full fan support and give the team to grow.

Bhai Re Bashar
Bhaire basahr, chere dey ma kede bachi. We will do anything you want. I will salute you for your past contribution. But now we are all bleeding: the team, your self and the fans. I urge you to do the right thing and announce you retirement from ODI in advance whenever you feel appropriate, whether its after wc2007, in summer, end of 2007, whatever. It will create a good-will and team can start preparing your graceful exit from ODI.

Bashu Re Bashu
Whatever you do... do it quick.... Ar to Pari Na Bhai. You are spoiling our weekends... our sleeps... our hopes.... everything. So please do everybody a favor, and do it right.

Last edited by Fazal; April 16, 2007 at 11:48 AM..
Old April 16, 2007, 12:13 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
When on field playing against any opponent, we give you 100% support to you and your team.

Your Excellency
We recognize your past contribution as a player as well as a captain playing for Bangladesh Cricket.

We recognize and appreciate for taking the team to 2nd round of WC2007, which was beyond our expectation before the tournament started. And we recognize that as part of the team, you deserve our support.

Respected Bashar
We realize that our team is still learning how to grow and therefore there are ups and downs and need to go through the growing pains.

Honorable Sir
The win against India and SA will be in our soul and mind for a long long time beyond 2007.

Our Dear Captain
We know that after giving us for so long and so much now you are struggling with your form and advanced age and highly competitive tournament (WC2007) is not helping you recovering that form back. And we realize that it may not comeback any time soon and its not anyway due to your lack of effort..

Banglar Raja
Banglar Raja, amra tomar proja. We know you have a pleasant personality and smart brain, even that may not be communicated to the fans due to the tuff job demand as a captain of a young under-dog team whose fan's expectation is increasing by leaps and bounds with each win.

Basher Bashi
Basher Bashi, paina to ar hashi. We hope that you will sit with your family and close-one and make a soul searching and come up with a right decision about your future with our ODI team. Its important that you consider your personal legacy as well as team's health. That is to retire with head high, with full fan support and give the team to grow.

Bhai Re Bashar
Bhaire basahr, chere dey ma kede bachi. We will do anything you want. I will salute you for your past contribution. But now we are all bleeding: the team, your self and the fans. I urge you to do the right thing and announce you retirement from ODI in advance whenever you feel appropriate, whether its after wc2007, in summer, end of 2007, whatever. It will create a good-will and team can start preparing your graceful exit from ODI.

Bashu Re Bashu
Whatever you do... do it quick.... Ar to Pari Na Bhai. You are spoiling our weekends... our sleeps... our hopes.... everything. So please do everybody a favor, and do it right.
Marvelous piece.

Tehsin bhai, please make arrangement to send it to Bashar.
Old April 16, 2007, 01:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:

Your Excellency

Respected Bashar

Honorable Sir

Our Dear Captain

Banglar Raja

Basher Bashi

Bhai Re Bashar

Bashu Re Bashu
Excellent job done by Fazal bhai. Impressive one. Sure Bashar will like it.
Old April 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:

Your Excellency

Respected Bashar

Honorable Sir

Our Dear Captain

Banglar Raja

Basher Bashi

Bhai Re Bashar

Bashu Re Bashu
Old April 17, 2007, 11:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

Quote:

Your Excellency

Respected Bashar

Honorable Sir

Our Dear Captain

Banglar Raja

Basher Bashi

Bhai Re Bashar

Bashu Re Bashu

Junior
Old April 13, 2007, 02:00 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

There you go.

Chinaman bhai, you just provided yet another platform for calling Bashar by that "name" or making more fun with more weird names.

It's like
পাগলকে বলা, এই খবরদার সাঁকো নাড়াস না