facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2005, 02:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Default why dont javed get out?

he cant score after 15 overs. cant find singles between the infield. was increasing pressure on ashraful all the time. why cant he declare himself out after 15 overs?

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 7:41 PM GMT, by BangladeshFan.

Old June 21, 2005, 02:44 PM
Cricket Sage

I ask the same question, why? why?
Old June 21, 2005, 02:49 PM
Cricket Legend

damn he doesnt even get stumped
Old June 21, 2005, 02:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

he is the only recognised batsman we have now. Mashud and Rafique to follow.

We may not play out full 50 overs.
Old June 21, 2005, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

finally got out, that too bowled by collingwood little seamers.

Javed Omar (RHB) 59 106 7 0 55.66 Striker

good strike rate for a test match.
Old June 21, 2005, 03:17 PM
Club Cricketer

if he gets out early we cant play 40 overs.. I think until we get 2/3 quality middle order we need to have him on oneday team
Old June 21, 2005, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

You got your man out!!
Old June 21, 2005, 03:27 PM
Club Cricketer

u r an idoit (whoever posted this topic)
do u understand one day cricket??
if he wan't there and we all went playing shots we would have been all out by now!!

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 8:28 PM GMT, by nas.

Edited on, June 21, 2005, 8:29 PM GMT, by nas.
Old June 21, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

Thanks god. JO did not get out at the time this thread has started.
Old June 21, 2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাďż

THANK GOD we have JO hanging in there to see off the fasties. WHat he does is common sense. If he hangs on to his wickets, we get to play close to 50 overs and the other batsmen know that they can go with their natural flow (so to speak). It doesn't take a genuis to figure out the importance of an opener (or anyone from the top order) playing up to 20-30-40... overs. It works great with our batting order which regularly collapses against the softest deliveries.
Old June 21, 2005, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

We should not forget that we used to score just 170 to 180 and used lose all our wickets in around 40 overs. Yes I'm talking about our performance in ODI aganist quality opponents. We still need someone to hold onto our innings in case something bad happens.
Old June 21, 2005, 04:47 PM
Test Cricketer

[quote]Originally posted by nas
u r an idoit (whoever posted this topic)
do u understand one day cricket??
if he wan't there and we all went playing shots we would have been all out by now!!
i totaly agree with you
Old June 21, 2005, 04:49 PM
Cricket Legend

i think JO is doing ok as opener. however what pissed me off he couldnt take singles to get ash the strike. he was creating useless pressure on ash and also runout chances. because ash was trying to get 2s in the end because he cant get the strike back.

in ODI cricket , rotating the strike is utmost important. when one cant hit 4s he has to make sure to keep the strike rotating. it puts bowlers and captain under pressure. JO cant even make singles once 15 overs are up and vaughan was trying to keep him on strike and they succeded.
Old June 21, 2005, 09:55 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাďż

And therein lies the problem. Rotating strikes is not just a problem with JO, the whole team needs to work on it. When you close the boundaries, our boys start getting anxious and we all know what happens then.
Old June 21, 2005, 10:15 PM
Banned

Some of you are on crack, have you realized that. If it were not for JO, Ashraful would have come back to the pavilion at the end of our innings at 50 no in 44 balls, or something.

Sure, JO may have forced Ash to unleash more often some of his russian roulette shots, but whoever was dreaming of a BD win when he was batting, including the batsman himself, was ... did I just say, on crack.

Ash should have gotten his century, and we should have targetted a respectable 250 for 5 or 6 after 50 overs. Then, the rest of the world would only have been blaming Tapash.

Get a grip folks.
Old June 21, 2005, 10:20 PM
Test Cricketer

I think JO has done well except he needs to play to the conditions and obviously bring his confidence back to take more singles. This is by no means Test and a batsman needs to keep the score board ticking.
Old June 22, 2005, 12:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

Dude
If JO score 20 from 13 balls like Aftab did in the test, you would say “ JO is not good enough to be a Opening Batsman”. Now he makes sure regardless of the run he at least keep one end of the wicket steady you say “ JO is stupid and don’t know how to play ODI”

How many times BD batting collapsed? JO became the anchor man here. I wish we had few more like him who can hold one end of the wicket steady.

Quote:
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
i think JO is doing ok as opener. however what pissed me off he couldnt take singles to get ash the strike. he was creating useless pressure on ash and also runout chances. because ash was trying to get 2s in the end because he cant get the strike back.

in ODI cricket , rotating the strike is utmost important. when one cant hit 4s he has to make sure to keep the strike rotating. it puts bowlers and captain under pressure. JO cant even make singles once 15 overs are up and vaughan was trying to keep him on strike and they succeded.
Old June 22, 2005, 12:48 AM
Test Cricketer

He can't get out caz he knew chasing 392 is not possible for any team you know , he played well anyway . The second highest score of the innings .
Old June 22, 2005, 12:50 AM
Test Cricketer

its true Javed's strike rate is not the best for an ODI batsman. But face it guys, we don't have a solid middle order. unless he hangs in there, we have no way to stop batting collapse. its true some of u may say we need to learn to play aggressive openers, this and that, but we don't have batsmen of that class yet. until we have a solid batting line up, we need javed omar to stay at one end for as long as he can while others at the other end score runs. see ehat happened as soon as Javed lost his wicket today.... our batting collapsed. Javed provided excellent support to Ashraful, while ashraful was beating the hell out of english bowlers at one end, javed held on to his wicket at the other end. If Javed had played strokes and got out, Ashraful would've had to stop playing shots, and we wouldn't have reached 200. If he could rotate the strike a little more, i think that would've been better.

Edited on, June 22, 2005, 5:51 AM GMT, by howzatt!.
Old June 22, 2005, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

i think JO did a great job today, although i would have liked him to rotate the strike more or accelerate a little bit. Anyone who doesn't see how important JO's inning was is a moron.

Edited on, June 22, 2005, 5:55 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old June 22, 2005, 12:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Thik what Bashar and Aftab got ? They should have batted better . Start mission Australia now and play like do or die on saturday .
Old June 22, 2005, 01:03 AM
BC Editorial Team

The role that JO plays is critical. In the Australia match, he scored only 19 in 50 odd balls but had he got out early , our shaky middle order would have been exposed to the new ball. It was the same here.

It is all very fine to talk as if we could have won chasing 391 but for Omar. If he hadn't hung around for so long, we wouldn't have touched 40 overs.

We can talk about batting like Sehwag and Afridi after we have a consistent middle order.
Old June 22, 2005, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

i much prefer watching Afridi bat then JO.
Yeah, i know how holy it is to stick around, blah blah. But one day game was meant to be entertaining and a bit faster.
I have not been impressed by any BD ODi opener for a very long time. Maybe Bidyut was the man on ocassions but he never got a real crack at establishing himself in the team , did he.
Old June 22, 2005, 01:40 AM

If we had Javed junior for opening with Javed instead of Nafees Iqbal, Bangladesh would have done better and consistent both in test and ODI than now. Both Iqbal and Shahariar should learn how to survive and stay on pitch to be a decent opener, which will help their/our performance.
Old June 22, 2005, 02:15 AM
Street Cricketer

U know there is a saying... Learn to walk b4 u can fly!
We are still at the walking stage......and therefore we gotta make sure we can take those tiny steps properly!

I totally agree with the fact that Javed Omar is an integral part of the team.... as he makes sure that we take those steps as firmly as possible.....

And keep in mind ...we get more respect if we consistently hang in there for the full 50 overs rather than blaze and be all out!

Any way..thats just my opinion!