facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 2, 2006, 12:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default "BD Police messed up"...Second Episode

OK... the SAGA continues...

Gulshan Thana Police today beat up a group of National Shooters INSIDE the Shooting Complex. Then they arrested a group of Shooters including the Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist Shooter Asif after injuring them badly. Due to the injury, Asif may fail to participate in the coming Asian Games.

The whole thing started when wife of a high-ranked police officer parked her car inside the shooting complex’s reserved parking area after coming to a nearby Boutique Fair for shopping. The shooting complex guard asked the car's driver not to park and the driver threatened him saying the name of the Police officer. Then arguments turned into fights and the driver went to the Gulshan Thana and police force came back running and entered the shooting complex and started beating everyone including shooters. The police even entered the restricted areas for female shooters and finally they arrested a group and took them to the Jail.

After the ugly episode of attacking journalists during the BD-AUS test series.. the police creates another example with the shooters this time. The whole thing turned pretty messy and the Police authorities have refused to make any comments.

Source: All the TV channels showed the news with video coverage.

Old October 2, 2006, 01:32 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I read it in bangladesher khela too. they have a story on it.
Old October 2, 2006, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Commonwealth gold medalist shooter Asif Hossain Khan, injured in police attack, is coming out of the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court after getting bail.
— New Age photo

How pathetic... When Rokkok is Bhokkok ... whom do you complain? Its really disgusting!!!!!
Old October 2, 2006, 02:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

What can I say? Citizens who bring glory to the country and act as the ambassador for the country are beaten this way??

Kicking the *** of those police officers or bleeding them to death is not even the justice. Although no single justice will be served. This is crossing all the boundary. All the sportsmen including cricketers should unite aganist such brutality and should withdraw themselves from playing for the country if govt. fails to take proper action.
Old October 2, 2006, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

ছি ছি জঘন্য
Old October 2, 2006, 04:18 PM

what happened to that guy who beat up reporters during australia tour? Nothing. nothing will happen to any of these son of [].
Old October 2, 2006, 04:34 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is revolting and it's not even politically motivated! How low can our police force sink? They are supposed to protect the people and enforce justice, not abuse it! Only Allah can punish these beasts because we know the gov't will do nothing.
Old October 2, 2006, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

i hope those bast@#$@ get punished.

may i suggest changing the title to something like "National Shooters beat up by poloce"
just a suggestion this is good too.

Last edited by Bancan; October 2, 2006 at 05:07 PM..
Old October 2, 2006, 09:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Top officials should be sacked or send them shooting range as target. I am outraged. Are we living in a civilized world? How the hell wife of DIG use official carr? If it is personal car, how much a DIG earn to buy and maintain a car?
Old October 2, 2006, 10:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

absolutely outrageous!!!!!! More so because it was not political. I sincerely hope that these A$$***** get punished and the cops in question should be stripped off their uniform and face assault charges. The DIG in question although not directly involved should be severely reprimanded for this driver's behaviour and it seems obvious that the wife di nothing to stop this "riot". I feel that there is one major problem with our media, they do not follow up on stories and only cover stuff till they are sensational to the public. I regularly read the Daily star online and have never come across the story about the police officer who beat up the old journo in chittagong. If nothing is happening in those cases at least they should report them and try and force some sort of action from the relevant authorities. Media I feel has a very important role to play if we are to see these atrocities being punished. This is like living in a the stone age with nomads and we are said to be a democratic country ( My A**). Just having an elected prime minister does not mean we hv democracy !!!
Old October 2, 2006, 10:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Seriously, im just totally speecless.
Lost for words.
outrageous, shameful, disgraceful.
As suggested by "The Daily Star", it should be called a "Black Monday" on BD sporting calender.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 2, 2006, 10:33 PM
Cricket Legend

police showed what they are capable of during last month political protests and now they are showing against the proud sportsman! Manus ei deshe thakbe kemne esob cholte thakle? Just can't believe it, Just wana kill those police.Kill Them All.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old October 2, 2006, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

shalar haramigular akkel bole kisu nai...darwan gari rakhte mana korse bole shooting complexe dhuke jare paay tarei dhore pitan dibe? unfortunately, asif will probably not be able to participate in the asian games, and nobody will pay for it.

r police officerer driver hoise dekhe ki mood maraite hobe? the problem with bangladesh is that the people are too egotistic even when they can't feed their families thrice a day, and that they enjoy delivering "free mair".
Old October 3, 2006, 12:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

u know even though it sounds inhuman I wish that some rubbish police officers should be shot by a firing squad ...
Old October 3, 2006, 12:42 AM
ODI Cricketer

I will be satisfied when I will hear,

1. Driver is the 'target' of Asif's next practice
2. DIG's wife is the 'target' of Shoib's next practice
3. DIG, himself is the 'target' of Sharmin's next practice

God bless us!
Old October 3, 2006, 08:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

If these police don't get punished then These things will happen again and again. The quality of hiring police is going down every day and they r all mastans now who is wearing police dress. I can't believe that they gave death threads too and how much back these moruns have that they r afraid of no one!!!

I have seen police's relatives from close and the way they behave feels like these people owns the country...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 3, 2006, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Every news outlet should make the names and pictures of the police officer and his wife public.

They should be publicly shamed every day for as long as possible.

The TV channels should try to inteview both of them, not by making an appointment but catching them on the streets when going about their daily lives and have them answer the hard questions.

I know that incidents like these happen frequently in BD. This time, the news got extra coverage (as it should) because these guys are national shooters. Police in BD are the biggest criminals ... all the other criminals pay them chanda.
Old October 3, 2006, 11:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Every news outlet should make the names and pictures of the police officer and his wife public.

They should be publicly shamed every day for as long as possible.

The TV channels should try to inteview both of them, not by making an appointment but catching them on the streets when going about their daily lives and have them answer the hard questions.

I know that incidents like these happen frequently in BD. This time, the news got extra coverage (as it should) because these guys are national shooters. Police in BD are the biggest criminals ... all the other criminals pay them chanda.
I agree but I don't think our newspaper people have enough balls to do such things to police...
Idea to them wear a PAGRI like Palestine people wear so that they can't recognize you
Old October 3, 2006, 01:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Lutfozzaman Babar, while talking to BBC Bangla Service yesterday, regretted the police attack on the shooters but defended the police action.
"It is impossible that police will remain inactive when some people assault policemen in uniform," Babar said. -- thedailyStar
When the Minister makes his mind before the independent inquiry, don't expect anything to happen to the guilty party of this whole mess. Babar again dissapoints me. It was a non-political issue, and he had a chance to do it right, looks like he again fails to take the right position i.e. set an quick independent enquiry and hold your judgement.
Old October 3, 2006, 01:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Fazal is right. When the one who can take actions against these police himself talking for them, what do you expect? Nothing will happen to them. These police officers think they can do whatever they want and get away with it which they do. Unless someone take some serious action, these kind of incidents will keep happening.
Old October 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
When the Minister makes his mind before the independent inquiry, don't expect anything to happen to the guilty party of this whole mess. Babar again dissapoints me. It was a non-political issue, and he had a chance to do it right, looks like he again fails to take the right position i.e. set an quick independent enquiry and hold your judgement.
I would like to ask mr Babar does he thinks being active means they have to beat the people to the ground and take them to thana and beat them again? I mean I can undertsand if they tried to stop the fight and which doing so they kicked or beat one or two doesn't matter who got beaten. but the way the police acted it clearly shows they are like street dogs and babr proves by his word that he is the big street dog ever.
Old October 3, 2006, 04:27 PM
Banned

I propose, we the Bangladesh sports fans, do something about this. Let's organize a nationwide protest of a peaceful kind....send letters...let's all do something. In the least, we will know that we didn't just sit there.

Change has to come.

To begin with, I suggest we carry a black banner of protest on our site.

Next, let's have a national black banner day. Let's ask all the newspapers, magazines, TV channels to carry a black banner on a given day.

Im serious, let's start here people. Unite against this barbaric act.
Old October 3, 2006, 05:37 PM

I was thinking about wearing black bands on the CT.
Old October 3, 2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

ora jonmeo manus hobe na, omanus roe jabe.
Old October 3, 2006, 05:53 PM
Banned

[quote=Fazal;337240]
Commonwealth gold medalist shooter Asif Hossain Khan, injured in police attack, is coming out of the Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court after getting bail.
— New Age photo

লজ্জা, লজ্জা !!

এর প্রতিবাদ করতেই হবে !
এর প্রতিকার করতেই হবে !