facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

Old June 8, 2006, 01:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Australia destroys lichtenstein

Australia yesterday destroyed lichtenstein in a 3 - 1 whitewash....

after coping an initial goal, aussies came back to their usual "dont know how to loose" mentality nd showed the lichtenstein players the aussie definition of football....

the wins i reckon so far shows how aussies are ready to match the might of brazil....japs wont survive i reckon...croatia mite aswell go home now than loose their face in front of the whole world.....its their bad luck to be put in a team of brazil, australia and japs...

Old June 8, 2006, 02:01 AM
Cricket Legend

australia ove croatia? r u serious? probably not...
Old June 8, 2006, 02:52 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I'll be surprised if they able to win single match.

Old June 8, 2006, 03:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_swing
I'll be surprised if they able to win single match.
its probably becoz u havent seen australia play...

i was watching the 6 oclock news nd japans coach is sceptical of the match against australia.

just like senegal in 1998, korea in 2002, australia will spring the new surprise this world cup.....
Old June 8, 2006, 07:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Nowhere in football is 3-1 considered " to destroy".

Plus Liechtenstein is nto exactly a footballing powerhouse considering the country's total population is less than 50,000 (?)
Old June 8, 2006, 08:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Nowhere in football is 3-1 considered " to destroy".

Plus Liechtenstein is nto exactly a footballing powerhouse considering the country's total population is less than 50,000 (?)
Man you must be joking. Tiger_man believes Liechtenstein is a top 10 team. After drawing with Holland, he is over the moon. let him dream. 12th June he would come down to earth
Old June 8, 2006, 08:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Man you must be joking. Tiger_man believes Liechtenstein is a top 10 team. After drawing with Holland, he is over the moon. let him dream. 12th June he would come down to earth
dude i never said that lichten country is a top fooball nation......i dont know where u got that from...but ya i am over the moon nd i am gonna show u [Edited] who's the boss on 12th.....i am gonna let the feet of the socceroos do the talking....

mark my word....australia will write history on 12th of june...

mod.edit
Old June 8, 2006, 09:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Write history? lol... sopno deka bhalo tai bole eto.... !!! anyways, this was just a club team and there is a difference between them and Japan or Crotia... forget about Brazil... I will be surprised if they can win any games.... and even if they do, it won't write any history... it will be just another upset
Old June 8, 2006, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Sadi,

Australia have a decent amount of quality across the park, and a very good coach.

Japan also have a good team, and Croatia are quality. And Brazil are Brazil.

It's a great group. I expect 6 darn good games from it.

Ian Whitchurch, who hopes one day to see Mark Viduka play a good game for Australia
Old June 10, 2006, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Sadi,

Australia have a decent amount of quality across the park, and a very good coach.

Japan also have a good team, and Croatia are quality. And Brazil are Brazil.

It's a great group. I expect 6 darn good games from it.

Ian Whitchurch, who hopes one day to see Mark Viduka play a good game for Australia
let them blabber on IanW....no point arguing with them....

let the socceroos do the talking......

btw..sadi..when australia hammers those ninjas on 12th, do change ur mind...
Old June 10, 2006, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Write history? lol... sopno deka bhalo tai bole eto.... !!! anyways, this was just a club team and there is a difference between them and Japan or Crotia... forget about Brazil... I will be surprised if they can win any games.... and even if they do, it won't write any history... it will be just another upset
btw, lichtenstein is a country not a club team...

ya when australia beats japs. it will be upset
when they beat croatia, i hope u wont call it a upset anymore...
nd if they by any chance beat brazil, u wud be foolish to think australia made a hatrick fluky upset...
Old June 10, 2006, 11:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ricky Ponting

Mate, relax. Your going to look like an arse if we lose any of these games by talking us up as much as you have. There's nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic of our chances, but it's when you start saying outright that 'we will win' that you know you're being rather foolish.
Old June 10, 2006, 12:09 PM
Test Cricketer

no...the problem is with ppl like u..

socceroos dont know how to loose...with mark viduka nd kewell.....aussies will reign over japs..

i am not saying australia will win over brazil..but against japs, u bet
i have already placed 200 dollar bet in Tab...australia will definitely win nd if they dont, i will stop posting in banglacricket forever
Old June 10, 2006, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

I am a liverpool fan. Believe me, Kewell is a big match sissy. There is nothing bigger than a world cup match. Considering Istaembul and this year's FA cup, he would be a super flop. If I remember correctly he was also one of the underperformer in Leed's champions league semi final. Viduka is the real threat for the Japs. But he is not fully fit or is he?
Old June 10, 2006, 12:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Mate, I want us to win just as much as you do. And I firmly believe in our chances too. But we have no results on the board, to date, to suggest that a win against either Japan or Croatia is a certainty. The odds for both matches would suggest as much (as you would know).

But I hope for your sake that we win, and win comfortably at that.
Old June 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
i have already placed 200 dollar bet in Tab...australia will definitely win nd if they dont, i will stop posting in banglacricket forever
Will feel sorry to lose you forever from Banglacricket
Old June 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
I am a liverpool fan. Believe me, Kewell is a big match sissy. There is nothing bigger than a world cup match. Considering Istaembul and this year's FA cup, he would be a super flop. If I remember correctly he was also one of the underperformer in Leed's champions league semi final. Viduka is the real threat for the Japs. But he is not fully fit or is he?
I understand your pain as a Liverpool supporter having to watch Kewell break down when it counts most. But in all seriousness, Kewell chose Liverpool over Man Utd (my team) believing that Liverpool had a brighter future. He wanted to be there. He works as hard as anyone, and it really is through no fault of his own that he finds himself on the sidelines so often.

Unfortunatly it doesn't help his cause having Benitez publicly write him off as a player & then subsequently breaking down in a Champions League and an FA Cup final. Nevertheless, his last few months at Liverpool (prior to the most recent injury) have easily been his best period at the Club.

And as for Duks', no one knows the situation. Either way, if you count the on field performances of Viduka & Kewell, for Australia, then Kewell wins hands down. His move to Liverpool, unfortunately, was the worst decision of his career. He is currently a shadow of the player he was whilst at Leeds.
Old June 10, 2006, 01:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Viduka is the real threat for the Japs. But he is not fully fit or is he?
he returned to training..so i am guessing he is fit..

kewell is not the 0nlly one...there is aloisi, bresciano....this is a team of legend
Old June 10, 2006, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Your absolutely right.

Australia has a World Class Midfield & Attack to go along with our inspirational Keeper in Schwarzer. I suppose the only area we are lacking in is our Defence. Even with all of Guus' wisdom, we still havn't been able to address our issues down back, nor unearth a real talent in this area (as we have with Culina & Kennedy).

Midfield including Culina, Cahill, Bresciano & Grella.

Strikers in Viduka, Kewell & Aloisi.

Emerton, Skoko & Kennedy are pretty handy too.

Trouble is, no one knows who any of them are (Kewell/Viduka aside).

Could work in our favour I guess?
Old June 11, 2006, 12:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Cricket
Australia has a World Class Midfield & Attack to go along with our inspirational Keeper in Schwarzer. I suppose the only area we are lacking in is our Defence. Even with all of Guus' wisdom, we still havn't been able to address our issues down back, nor unearth a real talent in this area (as we have with Culina & Kennedy).

Midfield including Culina, Cahill, Bresciano & Grella.

Strikers in Viduka, Kewell & Aloisi.

Emerton, Skoko & Kennedy are pretty handy too.

Trouble is, no one knows who any of them are (Kewell/Viduka aside).

Could work in our favour I guess?

it definitely will....plus we have a world class coach that put netherland nd korea in the top footballing nations list.....
btw, u forgot cahill aswell..that kid has a terrific potential......he scored the equalizer against netherland....although most of the credit goes to viduka for creating the opportunity in first place.
a team that beats uruguay to qualify in the WC should not be underestimated....
and australia's string of success didnt stop there.....a draw with world's number 3 nd a win against greece...
Old June 11, 2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Australia has a pretty decent side.

While the first post of this thread is funny, can't blame a fan for getting overexcited about winning a match against Kenya, I mean lichtenstein. . By the way, Mexico just destroyed Iran 3-1 and Holland destroyed Serbia 1-0.

Brazil is Brazil, there's no questions whose going to rule this group but the rest of them have equal chance of making it to the next round. I'd put Australia as marginal favorites over Japan on 12th but I'll be rooting for our Asian neighbors.
Old June 11, 2006, 11:57 PM
Test Cricketer

when bangladesh beats minnows like scotland and kenya nd zimbabwe in cricket everyone gets excited....some even go on to say bangladesh will win the next world cup blah blah...

when australia is doing the exactly the same thing in soccer, everyone has a laugh at it..

atleast the socceroos dont cause as much upset as our cricket "tiger"....

and yes australia does have a decent side but a highly unknown side aswell...viduka and kewell being the only well known ones outside australia's border.....but heck, all laughing nd jokes will stop tonight at 11 o'clock Australian Eastern Standard Time when australia has a crack at those ninjas....
Old June 12, 2006, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
it definitely will....plus we have a world class coach that put netherland nd korea in the top footballing nations list.....
btw, u forgot cahill aswell..that kid has a terrific potential......he scored the equalizer against netherland....although most of the credit goes to viduka for creating the opportunity in first place.
a team that beats uruguay to qualify in the WC should not be underestimated....
and australia's string of success didnt stop there.....a draw with world's number 3 nd a win against greece...
1) Hiddinik put Holland among the worlds top sides? Thats news to me. They were a top side long before Hiddink

2) No one is underestimating Australia, its just that we dont really see a 3-1 win against Liechtenstein as a trashing.

3) Uruguay is a semi decent side, they came behind Paraguay in the qualifiers. And Australia were all evens after playing 210 minutes, they won just on penalties

4) Please dont use Fifa rankings as an indicator of how good a team is. USA is like 5th? and Italy is not even in top 10. The rankings are heavily skewed in favor of teams who play mediocre opposition regularly.
Old June 12, 2006, 06:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
1) Hiddinik put Holland among the worlds top sides? Thats news to me. They were a top side long before Hiddink

2) No one is underestimating Australia, its just that we dont really see a 3-1 win against Liechtenstein as a trashing.

3) Uruguay is a semi decent side, they came behind Paraguay in the qualifiers. And Australia were all evens after playing 210 minutes, they won just on penalties

4) Please dont use Fifa rankings as an indicator of how good a team is. USA is like 5th? and Italy is not even in top 10. The rankings are heavily skewed in favor of teams who play mediocre opposition regularly.
1) Not just Holland. Also PSV and lets not forget South Korea.

2) Neither do I.

3) Kindly tell me when Brazil last beat Uruguay in Uruguay.

4) Holland . At home. Ten Days from the World Cup.

Ian Whitchurch
Old June 12, 2006, 06:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
1) Not just Holland. Also PSV and lets not forget South Korea.

2) Neither do I.

3) Kindly tell me when Brazil last beat Uruguay in Uruguay.

4) Holland . At home. Ten Days from the World Cup.

Ian Whitchurch
1) PSV is a powerhouse in Holland. The difference between teams in Champions league is paper thin. Otherwise Porto and Liverpool would not been champion. Regarding Korea, setting aside referral controversy (If Referree was a little bit lenient againest Italy and Spain ; Korea could have lose both match) Korea has the pedigree and experience of playing WC. That is important. Look how Ivory Coast and Angola losses match. It come down to experience. Both could have at least draw the match if they were little bit experience.

2) No body under estimating. But some one over estimating Aus capability.
3) Japan draw with Brazil Confedaration cup. Does it mean Japan is equal to Brazil ? certainly not. And Australia did not beat Uruguay at Uruguay. So I did not understand what is the logic.
4) Mexico beat Brazil in a competative match (not a friendly) only a year ago or Croatia beat Argentina two monthes ago.