facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2003, 12:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Default what should be our strategy(Bdesh XI\'s) for rest of two days

Will this game go for a draw? If England impose a huge total how we will approach it or they will just bat till lunch and then send us to bat? To draw the match I guess we have to bat the whole day with patience.

Old October 12, 2003, 12:27 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I don't know what will be the result, and I also don't care what the result will be.

All I care is that Hannan Sarkar gets some practice against the same team that he will be opening against in the test match.

However, the most interesting thing that I will be looking for is Mushfiqur Rahman's performance - to see whether he is good enough to get a chance to play for Bangladesh in test matches, especially in the first test match against England.

Then the 2nd most important thing for me is to see how Moniruzzaman does, or if anyone from the BCB XI team show a good enough individual performance against the full-strength England side and fill in the gap that was created in Bangladesh's middle order by dropping Ashraful and Sanwar from the 20-member list.
Old October 12, 2003, 12:29 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

There is a possibility that rain will interrupt the 2nd practice match between Bangladesh 'A' and the England team and so may be a single ball will not be bowled.

So this is probably going to be the first and the last chance for any new player to show their performance against a full-strength England side.
Old October 12, 2003, 12:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Default rain rain go away...

this was our great opportunity why not Almighty have some mercy on us...we need these matches to be played badly to find out future talent...does weather forecast tell about rain for Bdesh A match
Old October 12, 2003, 01:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

The result is nt important to either sides. England is tring to get some practice ahead of the tests and we are trying to find possible starters for the test matches.

As for Mushfiq, he is a pretty handy player in our docile (sp) pitches. Knowing that we do not have much of an option (for an all rounder) as of this moment, Mushfiq may well be a starter and impress. I am more interested about Moniruzzaman and the effect of the spinners on the English bats.

By the way, if England bats this slow against the likes of Munir and Kabir, how slow will they bat against Masri and co. ? If the Brits do carry on at their usual pace, all our bats will have to do is hang in there and we may manage to steal a draw.
Old October 12, 2003, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

I think the England openers did well to get the 101 runs although it was slow going. But after the practice session they will aclimitize and settle in.
It will be a tough 2 series for sure.