facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 14, 2007, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Someone wrote

"syed rasel who the hell is he? medium pace? my arss.. no batsmen gonna get scared with his crap pace. "

Glenn McGrath sure scared a lot of batsman in his career with his pure, raw, unadulterated speed. And that Stuart Clarke - he can really burn them in.

I dont care if a fast-medium bowler scares batsmen. What I care about is that they can bowl to hit the top of the off stump consistently.

Ian Whitchurch

Old January 14, 2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

আরেক সারকাস শুরু হইল।...।
Old January 14, 2007, 07:17 PM
Cricket Legend

uff one of 'those' threads.... [abar post korlam kon dukkhe]
Old January 14, 2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Someone wrote

"syed rasel who the hell is he? medium pace? my arss.. no batsmen gonna get scared with his crap pace. "

Glenn McGrath sure scared a lot of batsman in his career with his pure, raw, unadulterated speed. And that Stuart Clarke - he can really burn them in.

I dont care if a fast-medium bowler scares batsmen. What I care about is that they can bowl to hit the top of the off stump consistently.

Ian Whitchurch

Ditto
Old January 14, 2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
আরেক সারকাস শুরু হইল।...।
Made in Jinjira?!
Old January 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
bangladesh cricket team are nothing but money hungry idiots,they play for the money and not for the country. (/quote]

It's our money, don't worry about it.

Quote:
look at them they dont take the cricket seriously they show no heart
Heart is all Bangladesh cricket is all about. Why do you think the Indians are so scared of playing against us ?

Quote:
they hardly win matches i mean come on,its imbarrassing to watch'em play.
We, the REAL Bangladeshis are not embarrassed to watch em play. In fact, with every ball, every hit, every fielding - they make us proud.

Quote:
i mean i ask myself 1 question? why is bangladesh crap at everything?
Wrong again. We are leaving India in the dust in many human development factors. In the three short decade, we have achieved much more than many nations on earth. We are a rapidly growing economy, our exports to the world is just about doubling every year. Our literacy, education, health are all improving. In 30 years, our agricultural productions went up about 1200%. Recently got the Nobel prize, 3rd Bengali to receive this so far. We are among the top ten cricketing nations on earth. Our "Empowerment of women" and "Women's rights" are the BEST in the region. We have several thriving industrial sectors that are just about the best in the world. Our engineers and scientists are highly sought after around the world. They are just about the best in what they do. You really otta catch up on your readinngs, dude.

Quote:
they got a chance to improve our image in the world with cricket, and what do they do?
Our image is getting better and better daily.

Quote:
they lose every single match , and the matches that they do win is by fluke or against weaker teams.
Again, you really otta catch up on your info dude, your'e wayyyyy behind. Did you just wake up from a very long nap?

Quote:
plz dont get me wrong am a hardcore bangali cricket fan i stay up early mornings to watch bd matches but as usual they lose, so what am i supposed to think?
Sorry, but no Bangladeshi cricket fan is allowed to post with avatar that ugly in this site. After all Bangladeshi boys are very stylish, generally handsome and have great taste in hairstyle. Where did you dig that picture up? What the hell kinda hairstyle is that? The trademark "chemical poisoning" look on that face smells too much like Calcutta...

Quote:
have you seen the way they bat? even my 5 year old nephew can bat better than them..
YOU have a NEPHEW? What, by marriage? Who are you kiddin?

[qoote] it's disgraceful.. to me it's simple bangladesh cricket teams got no heart, no passion.. they should sack habibul bashar, he might be a nice guy but the guy can't even bat.. and he's the bangladesh captain. and khaled mashud i like the guy he's cheeky and a good wicket keeper but his a disgrace with the bat..

I suggest you take your brainful of advise and help out our Neighboring country's cricket team. They are looking for openers, top order, middle order, tail enders, pacers, seamers, coaches and managers at the moment. They could seriously use your constructive analysis.

Quote:
aftab hamed ...
Sorry, no hamed in our team....wrong number.

Quote:
..syed rasel who the hell is he?
We're gonna use him to mow down the feeble Indian top order in WC07. You might wanna check him out, his reverse swings are better than Irfan Pathan's at the moment. Cricket's next Sultan of Swing of sort....

Quote:
sakibul hasan have you seen the guys face? it makes me sick.. he's a defensive player who scores run slower than a turtle.
Saqib has played 13 ODIs for Bangladesh, on the trot. His average is 45.13, at a strike rate of 67.60. Looks to me, he is close to the best of bests, He is almost the ideal middle order you can hope for. You really don't have a clue, do you?

Quote:
i could carry on and on.. but i dont wannna, cuz am a bangali after all.
"Bangali" or not, I don't think you are a Bangladeshi cricket fan. As I already said, our secret code here would not allow any Bangladeshi to look as bad as you do with your nic and avatar.

Quote:
but it's time to be hard on those so called players and tell them that they playing for this great country of ours,when they put the bangladesh shirt on, they not just playing cricket they playing for all the people of bangladesh and all the countrys hope lies with them.
and 1 final soulution.. shariar nafees shoud be bangladesh captain. no more being soft its time to be hard and let the players no that if you dont perform your sacked! am tired of seeing us lose everytime it's time we make our voices heard.
We are improving at a much faster rate than ANY Test nations of the past, bar none. Take India and it's loooooong 50 year headstart, what a pathetic struggle. We are confident, as Bangladesh cricket fans, and happy with the progress. Win or lose, we are behind our flag 100%. We do get frustrated sometimes, but it only help us double our support for our team.

It's kinda like that.
Old January 14, 2007, 08:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Thanks for the feel-good post billah, really made my day . Only good thing to come out of this thread.
Old January 14, 2007, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
OK simple dav watmoore should be shacked cuz his too soft,
we need a tough coach who's got passion and is enthuasiastic
about cricket.
then we need to bring some youngsters to the squad who's got
that extra energy and talent that we need.
the bcb or coach need to sit down with players like ashraful and aftab alone
and disccuss problems etc.
i think with alittle bit of training and talking ashraful and aftab
should be ok.
the players i put in squad are: shariar,ashraful,aftab,shahdat,javed omar,mosrafe
and then they should bring some youngsters for the rest of squad.

I cant agree with any of the comments you made. It dont make any sense to me whatsoever !!! Dav whatmore is a very good coach and teams like Australia and India want him as coach which proves his worth. Moreover he is a proven coach not an amateur. You talk about getting in young players but the team at the moment is made up of young players. You want them to be younger than that? So we should make up our national team with Under 14 players. How does that sound to you? The young players came so far in the team after proving themselves earlier that their energy level and talent is good enough. You have a weird sense of "logic" if I may call it logic at all. I think you would be better off reading some posts here in BC and gain some more insight about the bangladesh team before commenting. Yes we all know our team is not the best in the world and that we might not qualify for the second round of the WC but the way you put things is rather childish and immature, not at all constructive. Just my opinion. So chill and take it easy with the gundami.
Old January 14, 2007, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

din sheshe ei thread ta ekhono top e.... hmmm ki ar bolbo
Old January 14, 2007, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
din sheshe ei thread ta ekhono top e.... hmmm ki ar bolbo
I think lack of cricket and any active arguable threads in FC is diverting us here.
Old January 14, 2007, 11:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
about cricket.
should be ok.
the players i put in squad are: shariar,ashraful,aftab,shahdat,javed omar,mosrafe
You have no clue which 15 players will come into your squad, do you? You are asking for something but you don't provide any ways for getting them. What you are talking about is "what if" scenarios. If you are frustrated with BD cricket it is understandable but going around and shooting aimlessly is just unwise. If you don't have any solution to offer (other than screaming about just bring someone who can bat better) my suggestion is to have patience and think harder.
Old January 15, 2007, 12:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
bangladesh cricket team are nothing but money hungry idiots,they play for the money and not for the country.
When? Did Aftab and Ashraful get disciplinary for that recently? Or may be you've got inside story? Oh, no no...I think it's just another dumb thought...no worries, we need that sometimes.

Quote:
look at them they dont take the cricket seriously they show no heart,they hardly win matches i mean come on,its imbarrassing to watch'em play. i mean i ask myself 1 question? why is bangladesh crap at everything? they got a chance to improve our image in the world with cricket, and what do they do? they lose every single match , and the matches that they do win is by fluke or against weaker teams.
Emm...may be there's a problem in your counting. Can you count 1 to 5 at least?

Quote:
plz dont get me wrong am a hardcore bangali cricket fan i stay up early mornings to watch bd matches but as usual they lose, so what am i supposed to think?
I think you have the problem of an old friend of mine...whenever he stayed up till early morning, he saw things that never happened. Do you ever see yourself in the mirror at that time?

Quote:
have you seen the way they bat? even my 5 year old nephew can bat better than them.. it's disgraceful..
I think it's a direct effect of your early morning helusinations.

Quote:
to me it's simple bangladesh cricket teams got no heart, no passion.. they should sack habibul bashar, he might be a nice guy but the guy can't even bat..and he's the bangladesh captain.
Once again, compared to your nephew? Sweetdreams

Quote:
and khaled mashud i like the guy he's cheeky and a good wicket keeper but his a disgrace with the bat.. aftab hamed is a good hitter but gives away his wicket quicker than a light..
Really? Did you test the speed of his wicket giveaways? Can you tell me the speed of light in inches?

Quote:
ashraful when i saw his performece against england i was impressed but it was short lived the guy is unconsistent..
I don't know that, but it sure is more consistant than your spelling abilities.

Quote:
syed rasel who the hell is he? medium pace? my arss.. no batsmen gonna get scared with his crap pace.
Hmmm...I do agree...nobody cares about his pace. I hope you can see a swinging ball.

Quote:
and sakibul hasan have you seen the guys face? it makes me sick.. he's a defensive player who scores run slower than a turtle.
When did facial look become a factor for being included in the team? May be you could introduce that in the Fairytale ODI team of yours.

Quote:
i could carry on and on.. but i dont wannna,
Thank God.

Quote:
cuz am a bangali after all.
After all this? Wow.

Quote:
but it's time to be hard on those so called players and tell them that they playing for this great country of ours,when they put the bangladesh shirt on, they not just playing cricket they playing for all the people of bangladesh and all the countrys hope lies with them.
Really? We can be hard on him by saying this? I guess I can be hard on you by saying: "Please...write in paragraphs".

Quote:
and 1 final soulution.. shariar nafees shoud be bangladesh captain. no more being soft its time to be hard and let the players no that if you dont perform your sacked! am tired of seeing us lose everytime it's time we make our voices heard.
Haven't seen any problem, analysis, or solution here. But yes, I have one solution. Please don't watch Bangladesh cricket...coz looks like whenever you watch it, we loose the match. So please
Old January 15, 2007, 01:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Is another SS in the making?
Please don't insult SS
Old January 15, 2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

Hey Cap'n Gunda, how about you trialing for the national team, huh? You were asking about how long you needed to wait - I've got the answer to that...until all the crap you shoot dries stone in your stomach and gives you an ulcer bigger than your ballooning head.

That's how long you're going to have to wait.

And the rest of the fans being the true lover of the sport they are, will keep on enjoying every moment of this initiation of ours to the highest level of anything BD has ever transcended.
Old January 15, 2007, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Please don't insult SS
Didn't mean to insult SS
He is a poster with constructive criticism on Tigers which sometimes appear to be pessimistic, but we always read his posts with a pinch of salt. We love him all
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old January 15, 2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
about cricket.
Relax, Dav will be gone after WC.

Quote:
Relax, they ARE coming in.

Quote:
Relax, we had couple of meeting already, and the problems are gone for ever as we all know.

Quote:
should be ok.
Relax, they ARE ok, hence talking too much lately.

Quote:
Relax, they ARE already in the team including youngsters ... but Javed?
Old January 15, 2007, 09:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

What is ATMR doing??
....koidin porpor... uff!
Old January 15, 2007, 10:51 AM
Cricket Legend

See it is a nice way to become familiar in BC. Wanna be famous? Go and open a thread mentioning some weired theories, you will be famous with a bang!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 15, 2007, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Face the reality

How could one write, ".........and sakibul hasan have you seen the guys face? it makes me sick.."?????

Why are you hiding under an Indian face (Mithun Chakroborti)? Ran out of guts!
Old January 15, 2007, 04:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
See it is a nice way to become familiar in BC. Wanna be famous? Go and open a thread mentioning some weired theories, you will be famous with a bang!

Good one...

On the other hand it helps OLD BC members to know whos post should they take seriously and which one they should SKIP
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old January 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Stunning debut. Taslima Nasrin kinda stuff.
Old January 16, 2007, 02:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Hmmm.........
Old January 17, 2007, 04:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i reckon our new member Gunda is suffering from constipation for past few days...
when you constipated..the whole world seems cruel ...harsh.... and unbearable...

bro...
go and have some "ishub gul"....

come back after a few days...
its gonna be all good...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 17, 2007, 05:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

i suggest all you lot wake up and smell the coffee.
after all this is freedom of speech,isn't it?
i have expressed my opinion. you may have a differrent point of view..
but for all i know i am right.
you all can critisize me all you like,but deep down you know am right
Old January 17, 2007, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

You bet!