facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Masree's Batting: I wouldn't doubt it anymore..

After watching Mashrafee bat today with Saqib vs. England... I am pretty much certain that Mashrafee has the potential to become a very useful allrounder. Even though we had hopes that he will come good with the bat somedya... but many of us, including me, have had worries whether we should expect anything from him in batting, because it involves lots of risks of getting over-exhausted or getting injured also.

But seeing how much at ease he is when he is batting... I have started to believe that he will find a great deal of confidence in his batting very soon. Even though he scored only 13 runs... he played a very vital role and made a great partnership with Saqib.

Old April 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

On another note, it only proved our poorly our batsman had played today.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
Test Cricketer

the dedication and spirit are missing to most of our players...the fighting combat mentality is only inside few players. Rafique, Mash,Saqib, Razzaq only have those rest don't have it. It's so sad for us and I was even warning that our batting is very inconsistent and we should not be over euphoric. And today it proved we are not prepared and the pitch decieved us.
Old April 11, 2007, 11:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

There goes the pitch theory. If Mashrafe can face that many balls how come Aftab can't. What's wrong with Ash? Is it because I chose him for fantasy cricket?

I can't remember any of my pledges.
Old April 11, 2007, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

yea.. ami vabhsi o esheii dhoom dharakkka sshuru kore dibe..but no.. he was so calm.. and giving good support to sakib... and made a great great partnership else we wud have been all out in 25th over......
Old April 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

mashrafee's shot that got him out was unnecessary. we had a good partnership and 20 more runs from them could have been the difference. so close
Old April 11, 2007, 03:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Mashrafe is already an all-rounder. DOH!
Old April 11, 2007, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

what i can't understand why razzak always goes for big hit? I don't mind how rasell got out. that's typical number 11 but razzak i have never seen him giving the support on the other end batsmen..

anyway good game today..

that's what we asked for didn't we!!!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 11, 2007, 03:48 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Mashrafee shouldn't have gone for shots. He should have just defended and give the strike to Sakib. He can certainly bat, but only when the time and conditions are right. Same goes for Rafique and Razzak, they should have played down the ground and rotate the strike.
Old April 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

You guys are forgetting that Masree came on when Colly, Bopara et al were on and not high class fast, swing/seam bowling from both ends. Except for Nafees, none of our batsmen were out to poor shot selection. As for Bashar - worst run out ever!!!!
Old April 11, 2007, 03:58 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
You guys are forgetting that Masree came on when Colly, Bopara et al were on and not high class fast, swing/seam bowling from both ends. Except for Nafees, none of our batsmen were out to poor shot selection. As for Bashar - worst run out ever!!!!
nafees's shot selection wasnt poor. Half volley balls were meant to be played. it was just the execution which made him loose the wicket. Timing was good also.
Old April 11, 2007, 03:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Razzak's out was a bad one I agree, but if we have to rely on him to get out of trouble what does that say about our team?
Old April 11, 2007, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Nafees was out twice. Once legitimately, the other Vaughan dropped a sitter and comically ran out Bashar.
Old April 11, 2007, 08:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Today's batting:
He has the BIGEST HEART. It was a hard time to get into the middle, team tottering at 65 for 6. And it was just 15.2 over!! He has shown plenty of resilence from his stock and builded a partnership by battling from his fort! ..........

I expected the breakthrough from him on this seaming bouncy surface...........hope he would bounce in the next game.........

And dont forget his quick-fire 28 from 19 balls against SA.

Bowling in WC:
Out of 7 games so far in the WC, Masree got 6 wkts only in two matches (Ind and Bermd)........and in the rest of the 5 matches he remained wicketless.........a bit of concerned........he is the our strike bowler......hope he got his sharpness back.....
Old May 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Had to bounce this thread up after what Mashrafee showed with the bat again today vs. India. Surely a great allrounder in making for BD.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Had to bounce this thread up after what Mashrafee showed with the bat again today vs. India. Surely a great allrounder in making for BD.
Theres hardly any use....This subforum is dead. Still, amazing innings from Mash
Old May 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Mash has the ability but if we give him too much responsibility then he will burnout before the age of 30.
Old May 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Indian and BD fans are equally fickle minded. In Mashrafe, I would love to see an Imran Khan but my fear is he might end up being an Irfan Pathan.

A little caution is the order of the day.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by criccric
Indian and BD fans are equally fickle minded. In Mashrafe, I would love to see an Imran Khan but my fear is he might end up being an Irfan Pathan.

A little caution is the order of the day.
I think its different from Pathan's case. He's not been asked to come up the order yet. I think Bd mangement do realize that he's a bowler primarily and the runs he scores are binus, hence his batting position.

Imran Khan in Mashrafe? A bit too optimistic. But he's talented in his own right.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
I think its different from Pathan's case. He's not been asked to come up the order yet. I think Bd mangement do realize that he's a bowler primarily and the runs he scores are binus, hence his batting position.

Imran Khan in Mashrafe? A bit too optimistic. But he's talented in his own right.
Here's my premise - to really deliver consistently - you have to be like Imran, Kapil, Botham, Hadlee, (maybe ) Kallis. Anything else is bits and pieces that leads one to become neither a batsman nor a bowler.

But to answer your point that he is different from Pathan because he has not been asked to come earlier in the batting order - This is what I predict will happen - He will continue to play these bits and pieces, non consequential innings like the kind Pathan initially played when he had joined. Soon he will find himself under bigger expectations in crunch situations. On a lucky day, when he is feeling confident, he will pull off a couple of innings. And expectations will supersize and that will make him rethink his role and sooner rather than later he will be asked to come up the order.

Check out the forums here to see if this has not already been talked about more than once. Its easier to play when there are no expectations as against when you are pinned against expectation. He might even become a handy bat but at what cost.

As they say - be careful of what you asked for coz you may get it.
Old May 12, 2007, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Who the hell let him Bat with 1 leg? If his other leg wasn't injured he would of scored another 20 of Yuvi. Watching him charge down the track was painful it looked like he was stilts.
Old May 13, 2007, 01:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
But to answer your point that he is different from Pathan because he has not been asked to come earlier in the batting order - This is what I predict will happen - He will continue to play these bits and pieces, non consequential innings like the kind Pathan initially played when he had joined. Soon he will find himself under bigger expectations in crunch situations. On a lucky day, when he is feeling confident, he will pull off a couple of innings. And expectations will supersize and that will make him rethink his role and sooner rather than later he will be asked to come up the order.
A bit of BD cricket history bay be in order here. Mashrafe is with BD team for almost 6 years now and his batting position has remained the same. He does perform with the bat often and with a lot of abundance, presicely because of his batting order. Nothing much is expected of him so he has a go. That is not to say he doesn't have batting abilities but the reality is he's afforded an advantage of his batting order, if you can call it that. Also, unlike Pathan, Mashrafe's the pace speadhead and the others are behind him by some distance and this will protected.

Quote:

Check out the forums here to see if this has not already been talked about more than once.

As they say - be careful of what you asked for coz you may get it.
Fans will discuss and demand anything form the sublime to the ridiculous. Fans' expectations are hardy reasonable all the time. If you take everything every forum discusses as an indication of things to come then I don't have an argument.

Quote:

Its easier to play when there are no expectations as against when you are pinned against expectation. He might even become a handy bat but at what cost.
Prceisely, I've already said that. And the power that be ib BD cricket know it and that is why you haven't seen Mashrafe batting up the order in 6 years.
Old May 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Mashrafi has the talent to be a world class all rounder, but he has to take care of himself (as well as his captain).

I think, there is a difference between great players and good players. Both these types have talents, but good ones become great when they are really determined and always think how they can develop their game even better. Mashrafi is good and talented, but he has to develop this other side of his, to become someone like imran/kapil.
Old May 14, 2007, 04:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chy5sAaRct0

I was looking for this clip. Just look at him limp after the second 6.