facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 29, 2013, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I honestly do not think we are as bad in tests as many make it out to be. Have a look at NZ in South Africa, or India at home, or look at what happens to WI in Australia. Getting good in tests take time. And we simply have not had the games to good at tests.

The fact that we play very few longer version cricket growing up, coupled with the lack of first class games means that the only way we will get better at tests, is by playing more tests. And we have played very few and far between in the past 3-4 years. Even then, we have been playing much better, taking loads of games to the 5th day and soon we will be drawing games as well. I don't think it's too much of a worry.

And no need to worry about the BPL crowds much. Most T20 games in England struggle to make full house, Big bash had half filled stadiums throughout the tournaments. Simply put, cricket at domestic level is not that big a market. However, put Bangladesh team to play and charge whatever price, grounds will mostly be full in ODI/T20s. Also, as someone pointed out, the timing of the games are important as well, no one will come to watch a day game on a tuesday. It's simple demand and supply.

Old January 29, 2013, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

You are right beshideshi. But when New Zealand gets bundled out for 50-60 runs no one will say anything, when we do we deserve to be kicked out. Its almost like foreign media, certain cricket commentators are programmed to criticize us. We have to play a lot of test cricket to learn, but we need to be selective about who we play and where we play. Now that we played West Indies, lets invite New Zealand and Zimbabwe.
Old January 29, 2013, 09:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think one of the Chappell brothers said something very negative about BD cricket. I am not sure though.
Old January 29, 2013, 11:22 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I think one of the Chappell brothers said something very negative about BD cricket. I am not sure though.
In my experience, Ian Chappell generally is fair. Thus, I'll be surprised if it is him.
Old January 29, 2013, 11:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
In my experience, Ian Chappell generally is fair. Thus, I'll be surprised if it is him.
A little BC search did the trick. He seems worse than Boycott.

Ian Chappell criticises Bangladesh's Test Status Yet again
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=37799

Ian Chappell called Bangladesh a spineless (মেরুদন্ডহীন) Team
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=30028

Ian Chappell, Australia and no Bangladesh, Kenya or Zimbabwe
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21626

Who's the ICC fooling?-Ian Chappell
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=37798
Old January 29, 2013, 11:49 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

NZ almost always has been the weakest of the non-subcontinental teams. However, NZ appears 4 times, once this month! However, I don't remember any "expert" calling for their demotion. I think we need to press ICC for more matches, evenly distributed between strong and weaker opponents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
You are right beshideshi. But when New Zealand gets bundled out for 50-60 runs no one will say anything, when we do we deserve to be kicked out. Its almost like foreign media, certain cricket commentators are programmed to criticize us. We have to play a lot of test cricket to learn, but we need to be selective about who we play and where we play. Now that we played West Indies, lets invite New Zealand and Zimbabwe.
Old January 29, 2013, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Ramiz Raja is one that find extremely irritating. He has this penchant for dissing our cricket at every turn. He is the biggest nobody in cricket who is also the biggest detractor.
Old January 29, 2013, 05:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Yeah, if Bangladesh got bundled for 60, everyone would be up ours and saying we need immediate demotion. NZ does it, no one gives a ****.

and it's true that we should play teams around us and in conditions that will not expose us hopelessly. As you said, it's a good time to play WI/NZ/ZIM. Invite teams like Sri Lanka, Pakistan at home. Get a few good results going, then go overseas and play these teams, and eventually, in 10ish years, go to Australia and challenge them for a series.
Old January 29, 2013, 06:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

ha! we can't even beat Pakistan so no point in inviting them. Can't blame them for some reason as we were approaching a 12th year anniversary on Test Cricket, our board celebrated by having a party with cake but for what? to lose every test match? its true whether we like it or not that Bangladesh should not be playing Test Cricket and we have to turn results around now its been 13 years and counting.