facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 5, 2009, 03:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default why our du'a goes unanswered...

Allah (swt) has promised to answer the sincere du'a of people who really believe and obey Him. He can answer du'a in many ways. He may grant us what we ask for immediately. Or He may grant us free-bee Hasanaat or Thawaab that we didn't earn on the Day of Judgment. Or He may turn away some Evil that was destined for us in this Life. Or He may erase some of our sins which we were unaware of.

But what about the prayers that go completely unanswered? Is God (swt) breaking His Promise to us?

A sheikh was once asked by his students why their prayers went unanswered and the sheikh answered:

Quote:
Your prayers are not answered because you know Allah, yet you don't obey Him. You know His Messenger, yet you don't follow his Sunnah. You know the Quran, yet you don't live its teachings. You know Paradise, yet you don't strive for it. You know the Hellfire, yet you don't run from it. And you know Death, yet you don't prepare for it.
Just thought I'd share this snippet from yesterday's khutbah.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old December 5, 2009, 05:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Allah (swt) has promised to answer the sincere du'a of people who really believe and obey Him.
Your first sentence contains the answer in greater details than the answer quoted later. Sheikh only named a few of the acts encompassed ny the words highlighted.
Old December 5, 2009, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

The 89th chapter of the Qur'an mentions a certain city by the name of 'Iram (a city of pillars), which was not known in ancient history and was non-existent as far as historians were concerned.

"Do you not see what your Lord did with 'Ad-Iram of the Columns whose like was not created in any land? (89:6-8)"

The December 1978 edition of National Geographic introduced interesting information about a city called Elba. The city of Elba was excavated in Syria in the year 1973 and was discovered to be 43 centuries old; researchers found in the library of Elba a record of all the cities with which Elba had conducted business. There on the list was the name of the city of 'Iram. The people of Elba had done business with the people of 'Iram!

"And they say, 'Why are not signs sent down to him from his Lord?' Say, 'Indeed, the signs are with Allah, and I am but a clear warner.' But is it not sufficient for them that We have sent down to you the Book which is recited to them? Verily, in that is mercy and a reminder to people who believe." (29:50-51)
Old December 5, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I dont believe in Du'as, I believe that no matter how many du'as are prayered, it will not have any effect on any outcomes, beyond the person's control.

We do not pray to God, to ask for favours, we pray to Him, to remind ourselves of our Creator, who made all things possible.
Old December 6, 2009, 01:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I dont believe in Du'as, I believe that no matter how many du'as are prayered, it will not have any effect on any outcomes, beyond the person's control.

We do not pray to God, to ask for favours, we pray to Him, to remind ourselves of our Creator, who made all things possible.
Doa has definitely effect if it is accepted by Allah Subhanatala.
Old December 6, 2009, 10:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Doa has definitely effect if it is accepted by Allah Subhanatala.
Then in that case, God does not accept any Duas.
Old December 6, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
Then in that case, God does not accept any Duas.
No brother that's not the case.
Old December 6, 2009, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html
Old February 13, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi