facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 1, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
That's really a stupid thing to say. I doubt if every single English or Aussie cricket fans know who their bowling coaches are. He is a bowling coach ffs, not media manager. His job is to coach the bowlers mostly staying behind the scene, not to go to every single forum and blog to explain himself. if he does that I will start to think that he believes he is not good at what he does and is trying to convince people in other ways to save his job. By the way if you are a regular member of BC but don't know who SJ is time to rethink the reason you come here for.
I'm sure you haven't understood his one line and you haven't even read 2/3 posts above him. Just re read and you will understand what you said is very rude, to say the least.

What if, when I see a coach replying to fans questions as a display of his confidence on his ability ? Unless a coach is capable, competent and are ready to face tough questions from the fans why would he try to spoil his peace by coming here? Even an incapable coach can finish his contract by not convincing any fan, but Kamal/Tutul figures alone... So why would a coach want to come here and convince the fans, unless he knows his job, confident of his abilities and passionate about the game to spare his valuable time to share his thoughts with the fan?? What's the benefit of convincing the fans?? Can you do anything for anyone as a fan?? Unless LK is your relative??

Please remove your glass of dislike unless this comes from excessive love for another ex coach and direct your criticism in the right direction and based on some substance.

Now lets get back to SJ coaching; yes a coach's job is coaching, and he needs to display his ability through the product. I haven't seen him making any positive impact, rather I see deterioration in the Pace department. Shafiul was grooming up as an excellent bowler under IP, but he is now worse than Shahadat. What can I say about Abul? Where is the impact of the coaching you see?? Now don't tell me that He created Mash, like JS created Shak/TI.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old October 1, 2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
It says quite a lot when some people don't even know the bowling coach in Shane Jurgensen.

well let me tell you one thing, only 0.1 % of bangladeshi public know who our bowling coach is.

And shane is not someone famous that he will be centre of attraction when he takes up a coaching role. Having said that, people in BD dont really want to know, or simply they dont really need to care about who the coach is..or if there is a coach
Old October 1, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Welcome back playmaker. Make sure you don't do anything rash and get banned again
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 1, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Guys back to topic, do you all think we should continue with SJ? Or should BCB ask RP who he prefers to work with. SJ was signed on Law's recommendation. Its been just over a year since we signed him for the role. Sad to say except Asia Cup there hasnt been much positive to write abt. Current NT bowlers are getting worse. And we dont have any special new talent either. Tbh there isnt anything SJ has done which i bet local coaches like Sarwar Imran cannot achieve. We can all rant about bowling academies and better pitches. But at a minimum we can expect some improvement in our pace bowling.
Old October 1, 2012, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Welcome back playmaker. Make sure you don't do anything rash and get banned again
I got 1 month ban for 3 times

1st time I said a joke and MODS took it negatively and I was banned
2nd time, got the ban because I wrote something against one of the members but that wasnt something punishable
3rd time, I didnt know why I got banned but i can swear I did absolutely nothing that deserve to get a ban, or atleast nothing in my opinion that deserve a ban
Old October 1, 2012, 11:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Yes I think SJ needs to go. The bowling quality has gone down. It was really pathetic to see Shafiul and Abul bowling short and wide in this pace. In T20, seamers are expected to bowl variations and have good yorkers and slow delivers. I haven't seen any of them bowl yorkers or slow balls. I don't know what SJ is doing with them.

BCB already indicated that they are thinking about terminating few coaching contracts. I think SJ will be going very soon.
Old October 1, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Where was this news Mufi?
Old October 1, 2012, 11:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
It was in a news clip where Lotus Kamal was interviewed after the loss to Pakistan. The reporter said BCB will seriously evaluate the performance of few coaches and might end their contract. The clip was posted in BC by MoC bhai but I can't seem to find it now.
Old October 1, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
I got 1 month ban for 3 times

Good experience... Better remove the post or you will also not know the reason for 4th time... j/k... Never mind... Failure is the pillar of success...ya I meant for exams... Love your esprit .. Good to see you back.

3 lives and still going strong... But you haven't beaten Ash yet .....
Old October 1, 2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Good experience... Better remove the post or you will also not know the reason for 4th time... j/k... Never mind... Failure is the pillar of success...ya I meant for exams... Love your esprit .. Good to see you back.

3 lives and still going strong... But you haven't beaten Ash yet .....
My exams where over 4 months ago, even the results came out. And yes, i still have the spirit. Never failed to follow any intl match BD played in, for the last 3.5 years. Skipped coaching just to watch BD matches.

Didnt see the BD vs NZ match because i had some personal commitments.

But if i was with BD cricket for so long whats gonna stop me from still following them? amra jokhon choto chilam, amra jibone onek kichute bertho chilam. But baba ma kokhon amaderke chere chole jai nai. Karon jotoi koshto hok na keno, ek din na ek din amra boro hoboi. And we as fans must not lose our faith

The night is darkest before dawn, and i assure you, dawn is coming!
Old October 1, 2012, 12:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
The night is darkest before dawn, and i assure you, dawn is coming!
We assure you that we will remember you when the dawn comes. RIP playmaker
2012-2012
Old October 1, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
This.

How long was that?
Old October 1, 2012, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Good experience... Better remove the post or you will also not know the reason for 4th time... .....
You should become a fortune teller. That was a bold prediction.
Old October 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
It was in a news clip where Lotus Kamal was interviewed after the loss to Pakistan. The reporter said BCB will seriously evaluate the performance of few coaches and might end their contract. The clip was posted in BC by MoC bhai but I can't seem to find it now.
If you understand Bangla listen to Lotus from 30 seconds onwards.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtx...3-format_sport
Old October 2, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
This.

How long was that?
No comment
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old October 2, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Playmaker heading for some kinda record or something.
Old October 2, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

So what did Playmaker do this time to get a life ban?
Old October 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure you haven't understood his one line and you haven't even read 2/3 posts above him. Just re read and you will understand what you said is very rude, to say the least.
Oh yes I did and I do understand every single thing he says. Did I sound rude? Care to exlpain how? Since when questioning someone’s intention considered as rude? May be only in BC because during 2011 WC I got an infringement warning just for arguing with him. Things have changed for since then I must admit. It’s about “community standard” I guess. More and more people started disagreeing with him so now its ok to talk against him.

Quote:
What if, when I see a coach replying to fans questions as a display of his confidence on his ability ?
Absolutely nothing wrong about it. And just for your information I welcomed him wholeheartedly when he first joined BC and appreciated answering fans’ questions. That’s one of the reasons I come to BC. But as the time went by his intentions became clearer to me like many others (if you care to find out). Remind you people didn’t question Richard McInnes’ integrity when he came here and shared his ideas with us.

Quote:
So why would a coach want to come here and convince the fans, unless he knows his job, confident of his abilities and passionate about the game to spare his valuable time to share his thoughts with the fan?? What's the benefit of convincing the fans?? Can you do anything for anyone as a fan?? Unless LK is your relative??
Don’t tell me love has made you so blind. Don’t you read his posts where he says he hopes someone somewhere hears him and fund a pace academy for him. He knows some influential people come to BC and he wants to send the message across.

Quote:
Please remove your glass of dislike unless this comes from excessive love for another ex coach and direct your criticism in the right direction and based on some substance.
I am not wearing any glasses nor do I have ever expressed love for any coach let alone excessive (show me if I did, FYI I was on the bandwagon to ‘fire Law’ before Asia cup, go back and check my post), its you who is fascinated by his love for Bangladesh Cricket. My comment were not directed towards you but you dragged yourself into it and felt obligated to defend him, so I have to assume you are the one who is in love.

Let me point it out to you then- we don’t hear much from him when BD does well but as soon as BD does bad he comes up with his details analysis and attribute bad performances mostly to lack of proper coaching, not lack of sporting pitches, weak domestic completion & infrastructure or anything. And eventually comes up with the solution that we need a pace bowling academy or make him head coach. When we bowled WI out for 61 he refused to give us credit and insisted the pitch was a sub standard one. Also he thinks the BPL was the only reason we did well in Asia cup. Its just couple of examples. The less I talk about his antics (I know some people are smiling knowing what I am talking about) the better.

Quote:
Now lets get back to SJ coaching; yes a coach's job is coaching, and he needs to display his ability through the product. I haven't seen him making any positive impact, rather I see deterioration in the Pace department. Shafiul was grooming up as an excellent bowler under IP, but he is now worse than Shahadat. What can I say about Abul? Where is the impact of the coaching you see?? Now don't tell me that He created Mash, like JS created Shak/TI.
I don’t know why you are asking me about JS. I wasn’t a fan of his coaching and I opened a thread ‘who should be our next coach’ long before he was fired. I don’t have any affiliation with anyone nor do I root for anyone. I don’t even have a favourite player in the team. All I care about is the team result, whoever helps us get that result. But when I see someone is trying to use us just for his own benefit as a fan I can’t be quiet.

From past experienc so far in BC, I am very sure my post will be deleted/modified or I will be banned. It will be put under some kind of breach. I said it few times before BC is a mirror of Bangladesh. I know Ian Pont is more valuable to BC than me. He pulls lot of crowd with his international identity. But I have no regret for telling the truth.
Old October 2, 2012, 11:48 PM
BC Editorial Team

Dear firstlane, once you get off the heights of your soap-box, do contribute to the thread topic and not work yourself to a tizzy in response to some poster's "intentions"? -- as myself.

As mod - BC is NOT a mirror of Bangladesh. Bangladesh, in name at least, is a democracy. BC is NOT. Abide by the rules or don't hang around. Your posts are borderline. Tone down the rhetoric please.
Old October 3, 2012, 02:14 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Firstlane, you may have missed this post about a fast bowling academy:

1. Implement a training programme and put pacers through it
2. Use a coaching system (very important) that is proven and works
3. Teach the bowlers the skills they need to be successful
4. Let them go out and try to implement those skills and review, correct as necessary

The 'secret' of having a successful pace academy is not the facility or the building. It is the quality of coaching. If you teach the right things to be fast & accurate and that becomes the expectation, then you have a success.

It seems that the mindset of not only the players and administrators need to change, but also fans and the media. You learn your skills in practices where it doesn't matter how many times you get it wrong. Then you go and try that out in matches.

To all those who say you learn more in matches, you gain experience in matches but skill is gained in practice. If you keep getting smacked in matches you don't learn any skill, you just have bad experiences. The T20 is all the proof you need. Matches are where you apply what skill you have learned.

In England, every county (18 teams) has a fast bowling academy. There is an emerging Player Programme (EPP) at each and a full county Academy at each. Above this, the ECB has a national Emerging Fast Bowling Group (EFBG) for those from the counties who are the better ones. There is also age group national camps, England Lions (A side) and women's teams, who are all part of a cohesive plan fed through a single Lead Fast Bowling Coach, who creates the bowling protocols alongside strength & conditioning coaches.

Under THAT system, if there are any prospects, they will be found and developed.

It is not about diet, genetics, weather, pitches or other such things. It is purely and simply about HOW you coach pace bowling and WHAT you teach. The fact is that few coaches, if any, in Bangladesh, know how or what to teach.

That's why a stand alone Pace Academy, to educate the players and the local coaches, is the fastest way forward.

You can only develop fast bowlers if you know how to do that. No point comparing what others do though because all that matters is what Bangladesh does. And so far, I don't see any hope if things remain the same>

Dare, Fail, Learn, Adapt, Succeed, Repeat - this is the formula

At the heart of that post, the fact is that Shane is perfectly capable of running such a project, as is any structured coach who understands you can teach correct mistakes anywhere, at any time.

My point is and was that it has to be invested in, and is easier than changing infrastructures. And as I highlighted, it is what you coach that makes far more difference than the pitches or the first-class set-up. If you focus on pitches and set ups, you miss the heart of skill development.

I suggested a pace academy because I have the time to do that and Shane doesn't because he already has a job. Plus, the academy should be run by a local coach with a knowledgeable specialist coming in to offer a certain number of days a year. That clearly does not have to be me, but it's what I do for a living.

Firstlane, I have the interests of BD at heart because i am still coaching in Bangladesh through the BPL and know all the players and coaches personally. Coaching is not a 'job' for me - it is way of life - and you don't end that just because you leave a role.

I could not take a full-time position and nor do I seek one, because I have a thriving coaching business already. What I can do though, is offer my help and assistance.

Posters and fans don't always understand what the issues are in BD cricket because they are not 'inside the tent'. Certain people second guess what they think is right or wrong and also don't have an understanding of how to correct it even if they did.

Prioritise what gives you easy successes in life, is the key. Unfortunately, the urgent will always overtake the important, which is why planning comes across as haphazard.

There's no agenda here chum. Just a desire to see a talented bunch be developed into something more than they are, and not accept a win or two against teams as a new dawn when it's clearly not.
Old October 3, 2012, 02:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Firstlane, I have the interests of BD at heart because i am still coaching in Bangladesh through the BPL and know all the players and coaches personally. Coaching is not a 'job' for me - it is way of life - and you don't end that just because you leave a role.
So, your salary dispute has been solved with DG ? Are you coaching DG in the 2nd edition of BPL ?
Old October 3, 2012, 03:40 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
So, your salary dispute has been solved with DG ? Are you coaching DG in the 2nd edition of BPL ?
Since the franchise hasn't replied since May, who knows? But there is more than one team in the BPL. I guess all will be revealed in time
Old October 3, 2012, 04:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Just for his dedication to Bangladesh cricket...I respect Mr.Pont
Old October 3, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Oh yes I did and I do understand every single thing he says. Did I sound rude? Care to exlpain how? Since when questioning someone’s intention considered as rude? May be only in BC because during 2011 WC I got an infringement warning just for arguing with him. Things have changed for since then I must admit. It’s about “community standard” I guess. More and more people started disagreeing with him so now its ok to talk against him.
Ian Pont: It says quite a lot when some people don't even know the bowling coach in Shane Jurgensen.

Firstlane: By the way if you are a regular member of BC but don't know who SJ is time to rethink the reason you come here for.

Can you show me the relevance? He said some people and not about him. And you judged his intention out of that?? There was never any problem of disagreeing with him in BC, it's a problem when you make personal attack in the name of disagreement. That's not only inappropriate in his case, rather for everyone's case.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing wrong about it. And just for your information I welcomed him wholeheartedly when he first joined BC and appreciated answering fans’ questions. That’s one of the reasons I come to BC. But as the time went by his intentions became clearer to me like many others (if you care to find out). Remind you people didn’t question Richard McInnes’ integrity when he came here and shared his ideas with us.
You are reading too much into hin intentions, why can't you concentrate on the statements alone? If we all start finding out intentions of all the posters and react to that, it will be a total chaos here.

Quote:
Don’t tell me love has made you so blind. Don’t you read his posts where he says he hopes someone somewhere hears him and fund a pace academy for him. He knows some influential people come to BC and he wants to send the message across.
I have never seen him saying, that someone will fund an academy for him, it was always for Pace Bowling Academy for BD, and he might have the desire to contribute there. Can you please quote any of his posts where he was looking for funds for him?

Secondly, I would be equally happy, if he could inspire anyone to fund him to make a pace bowling academy in BD. I don't care if he is benefitted, because I'm sure that would benefit us much more.

Quote:
I am not wearing any glasses nor do I have ever expressed love for any coach let alone excessive (show me if I did, FYI I was on the bandwagon to ‘fire Law’ before Asia cup, go back and check my post), its you who is fascinated by his love for Bangladesh Cricket. My comment were not directed towards you but you dragged yourself into it and felt obligated to defend him, so I have to assume you are the one who is in love.
You are again assessing intention. Yes, I felt like defending him, because I felt you were unjustly rude with your comments. And I'm doing it again. I don't mind being dragged into it and I'm happy that your post gives me chance to show you again, how you are being biased, with may be some behind the scene information. You definitely can't substantiate your allegations on his intention through his posts in this forum.

Quote:
Let me point it out to you then- we don’t hear much from him when BD does well but as soon as BD does bad he comes up with his details analysis and attribute bad performances mostly to lack of proper coaching, not lack of sporting pitches, weak domestic completion & infrastructure or anything. And eventually comes up with the solution that we need a pace bowling academy or make him head coach. When we bowled WI out for 61 he refused to give us credit and insisted the pitch was a sub standard one. Also he thinks the BPL was the only reason we did well in Asia cup. Its just couple of examples. The less I talk about his antics (I know some people are smiling knowing what I am talking about) the better.
I think, those are the situations when we need his comments. When we win, we don't need any expert to come and tell us how we won. IMO. Because we are good to observe slightest good things with our players, while we always make mistakes in finding their limitations.. Coz we love them.

He is an expert on coaching, so it's ok if he is commenting on the lack of coaches/coaching. Yet I have read him saying on the problems of coaching from a coaches point of view and our domestic infrastructures and standards. But why would you blame him for not talking on pitches?? His comments on pitches wouldn't have as much value to me, as his comments on coaching.

Quote:
I don’t know why you are asking me about JS. I wasn’t a fan of his coaching and I opened a thread ‘who should be our next coach’ long before he was fired. I don’t have any affiliation with anyone nor do I root for anyone. I don’t even have a favourite player in the team. All I care about is the team result, whoever helps us get that result. But when I see someone is trying to use us just for his own benefit as a fan I can’t be quiet.
I'm not asking you about JS, I'm asking you about SJ.. Ref to your comments I highlighted from your post i quoted, in my last post.

Quote:
From past experienc so far in BC, I am very sure my post will be deleted/modified or I will be banned. It will be put under some kind of breach. I said it few times before BC is a mirror of Bangladesh. I know Ian Pont is more valuable to BC than me. He pulls lot of crowd with his international identity. But I have no regret for telling the truth.
BC has its own limitations, but If Bangladesh could be a mirror of BC, we would have a much better society... But yes, since the forum is made up of Bangladeshis, it can't be completely out of the national characterstics.

NB: please don't be so much worked up by judging people's intentions. If someone has the intention to benefit ensuring equal or greater benefits for you as we'll, then that's a fair intention. It's a give and take world and a fair intention is always win win scenario for all parties involved. Don't always wait for one sided, selfless charities in this world. I rather would refuse a charity academy, because charities can't ensure quality.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 3, 2012 at 05:03 AM..
Old October 3, 2012, 04:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
You should become a fortune teller. That was a bold prediction.
Roman Bhai, that was so obvious ..

I don't believe the fortune tellers, who will believe me..?? Bose Machi Martel hobey...and Then I have to die without income..