facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 15, 2009, 01:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I personally love this quote:
"The best among you are he who learn and teach the Qu'ran."

Old August 15, 2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
for people who FROWN UPON ahadiths:

can't we at least judge them for its philosophical worth??

for people who PRE-judge me:

if you notice about All of my posts pertaining to ISlam over the past 2 years...I have quoted Al-quran more than anyone else on this forum...(with the arabic and translations...)(which translator someone prefer over others...is a different story. but at least I included the real thing in arabic )
Yes Rifat. I am the witness.

For those of us who follow the hadeeth do not put the hadeeth above the holy Quran. Quran being the words of Allah Himself remains the supreme and undisputed of all guidance and there can be no argument about it. However, it has to be remembered that Islam is not only a religion; it is a deen-the complete code of life. If general people like us were able to understand the whole Quran and translate it, Allah could have just sent Angel Gabriel down to Earth with the Quran to teach it among the people. Allah didn't. There are many reasons for not doing so. Each individual translation and understanding of the divine scripture would have given rise to different individual implementation of the commandments of Allah, which in turn would have left the Muslim society severely divided and in chaos. So, the Almighty Allah chose a human as his prophet and dispatched the Quran to him. The exalted prophet explained it, interpreted it, and set practical example about the execution of each divine decree. And the prophet being a human, too was able to truly understand how the worldly emotions, feelings and desires could affect people in their way of spiritual and non-spiritual lives. So, he answered whenever people had questions regarding deen or anything, commented about the sharer’ stance about the events/ actions of people that took place before his eyes. In all such cases prophets used to guided directly by Allah or trough the Angel Gabriel. All the words, actions and silent consents were recorded by a group of Mulims who loved the prophet than anything else in this world, who were ready to sacrifuce their life for the sake of Islam any time and who had the fear of Allah ever present in their hearts. This group of Muslims are the noble companions of the prophet and they were trained by the prophet himself. After the prophet’s death, they preserved the all the traditions of the prophet through memorizing. After their death, it was done by the tabeen and tabe-tabeens. They were the second and third generations of Islam and they were rightly guided too. This tradition of preserving hadeeth continued. Then there came a time when Allah blessed the Muslim nation with outstanding scholars who did the assiduous job of finding out the most authentic hadeeths by tracking the chain of narrations and writing it down. Because of their hard work, today we can learn can learn how to lead every aspect of our life, from birth till death, like our prophet, like the way Allah wants.

For those who dismiss the hadeeths as apocryphal stories are doing nothing but damaging themselves. The wisdom embedded in each of the quote is enough make people think. This thread was not opened to compete with those who only follow Qurans and reject hadeeth; the objective was to make them ponder over the insights of prophets quote so that they can eventually understand that hadeeths are the true exegesis of the Quranic text.
With all that being said, here comes the prophet’s quote of the day:

Quote:
Abu Moosa al-Ash'ari (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Silk and gold have been permitted for the females of my ummah, and have been forbidden for the males."

(Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 4/393; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 207).
Old August 15, 2009, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

about Silk and Gold:

My Pharmacist(PHD) friend told me that in his research there is a direct correlation between males using gold and them acquiring Alzheimer's disease..for example in US(a lot of males use a "gold tooth" as a replacement tooth...)

I do not pull stuff out of my other end ALhamdulillah My memory is among the best...

*waits for Dr. Z to point out that Rifat needs a lesson in Medicine/or rather questioning my friends Academic credentials*

The spritual reasons behind such prohibition is that these things gear men more towards the world and quick forgetfulness of our true destination => the afterlife! one can argue that many other things can do similar things...but these things are dedicated for personal outward glorification but Women are an exception because Women loves to display their beauty by their innate nature.
Old August 15, 2009, 11:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Dear Rifat, it may seem exciting when "scientific" evidence backs up our Islamic beliefs. However, we shouldn't forget that the main reason we dont wear gold or silk is because Allah (SWT) forbade us to.

Your pharmacist friend spoke of his research, (a link on which nothing is foudn anywhere on the web, as one would expect it to be, as it sounds like an important correlaton). Then again, its just a correlation and may not reflect direct cause/effect.

Now, if 5 years later, scientists bring conclusive proof that wearing gold benefits men medically, do we start doubting why gold was made Haram for us?

I remember some Islamic scholars saying pork is forbidden because eating it causes diseases. Such half-cooked "logic" often gets shot down by people who will gladly claim that even eating beef may cause diseases and also that there are thousands of people eating pork but not getting any diseases......

So, bottom line is that we strive to refrain from things made Haram, for the sake of Allah (swt), and not because we are convinced of a semi-scientific reason. Of course, this doesn't mean that islamic injunctions cannot be justified medically, many of them can be, but not all.
Old August 16, 2009, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
about Silk and Gold:

My Pharmacist(PHD) friend told me that in his research there is a direct correlation between males using gold and them acquiring Alzheimer's disease..
Yes this is true. The correlation is actually +1. But it is under strict conditions only. Example, man forgets wife's anniversary when she expects gold jewelry.
Old August 16, 2009, 02:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
for people who FROWN UPON ahadiths:

can't we at least judge them for its philosophical worth?..............
Philosophical worth may not necessarily be Islamic. Islam is what has come from Allah.

If philosophical worth would constute Islam; Socrates to Rabi-Shankar there are thousands of philosophers. Many good things they have said so far, many of which are prsumeably in line with Quran as well;
Old August 16, 2009, 11:08 AM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the day: On cleansing oneself properly after urinating/defecating and slandering:

Quote:
Ibn 'Abbaas said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed by one of the gardens of Madeenah, and heard the sound of two men being punished in their graves. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "They are being punished, but they are not being punished for any major sin. One of them used not to clean himself properly after urinating, and the other used to spread malicious gossip."

(Reported by al-Bukhaari; see Fath al-Baari, 1/317)
Old August 17, 2009, 06:09 AM
Cricket Sage

For those who believe in Quran, there are neumerous verses against reffering to sayings & attributing it to Allah & the prophet wrongly, even if those statements aren't aparently wong. So Quran should be enough for them.

For those who only act upon Hadith & read Quran to earn 10 neki from reading the words of Quran; here are some Hadith; The espirits of these sayings are in line with Quran. So those who believe in Hadith must verify what they believe or risk puting wrong words into prophets mouth.

Quote:
Vol 1, Book 3. Knowledge. Hadith 106. -- Narrated By 'Ali: The Prophet said, "Do not tell a LIE AGAINST me for whoever tells a LIE AGAINST me then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Vol 1, Book 3. Knowledge. Hadith 107. -- Narrated By 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair: I said to my father, 'I do not hear from you any narration (Hadith) of Allah s Apostle as I hear (his narrations) from so and so?" Az-Zubair replied. l was always with him (the Prophet) and I heard him saying "Whoever tells a LIE AGAINST me then (surely) let him occupy, his seat in Hell- fire.

Vol 1, Book 3. Knowledge. Hadith 108. -- Narrated By Anas: The fact which stops me from narrating a great number of Hadiths to you is that the Prophet said: "Whoever tells a LIE AGAINST me intentionally, then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire."

Vol 2, Book 23. Funerals (Al-Janaa'iz). Hadith 378 -- Narrated By Al-Mughira: I heard the Prophet saying, "Ascribing false things to me is not like ascribing false things to anyone else. Whosoever tells a LIE AGAINST me intentionally then surely let him occupy his seat in Hell-Fire." I heard the Prophet saying, "The deceased who is wailed over is tortured for that wailing."
Old August 17, 2009, 08:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm sorry, but I find post #32 difficult to believe.

Banfan bhai, what's your source?
Old August 17, 2009, 09:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
i'm sorry, but i find post #32 difficult to believe.

"দুইনলা বন্দুকের মত চিপা" জিন্স প্যান্টের এই জমানায় দাঁড়িয়ে প্রাকৃতিক কাজকর্ম সারা আমাদের মত পোলাপাইনদের যেখানে নৈমিত্তিক, সেখানে ত পোস্ট নাম্বার ৩২ বিশ্বাস করা একটু কষ্টকরই বটে।
Old August 17, 2009, 11:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul

"দুইনলা বন্দুকের মত চিপা" জিন্স প্যান্টের এই জমানায় দাঁড়িয়ে প্রাকৃতিক কাজকর্ম সারা আমাদের মত পোলাপাইনদের যেখানে নৈমিত্তিক, সেখানে ত পোস্ট নাম্বার ৩২ বিশ্বাস করা একটু কষ্টকরই বটে।
Apart from the joke, I was referring to other things.

1. I wasn't referring to urinating and not cleaning it properly. I understand the idea behind this, and I completely agree with this.

2. I was referring to the fact that the Prophet (pbuh) was walking by and he said something of that sort when he heard the sound of torture coming out of two graves. The reasons are simple. As far as I know, our punishment starts on the day of judgment. I may be wrong on this, and would certainly appreciate if someone corrects me on this.

3. However, an important thing that I certainly wouldn't believe if someone tells me this...without me myself seeing this...is that our Prophet could not only hear the sound of someone being tortured in their graves, which no one else can hear, but also tell the reason why they were being tortured. I completely accept and agree that our Prophet had qualities that other human didn't have...simply because he's Allah's and our most beloved person. However, there are certain things I wouldn't believe until I see it myself, unless it is stated in the Quran that our Prophet has those qualities.

Allah knows the best. I hope He forgives me if my assumptions are wrong or harm the spirit of our religion in any unintended way.
Old August 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
2. I was referring to the fact that the Prophet (pbuh) was walking by and he said something of that sort when he heard the sound of torture coming out of two graves. The reasons are simple. As far as I know, our punishment starts on the day of judgment. I may be wrong on this, and would certainly appreciate if someone corrects me on this.
The torture in the hereafter starts right from the moment of death. If someone is pious, Allah makes his/her death easier. If someone is a disbeliever or an impious Muslim, Allah makes his/her death an experience of immense agony.

As per the description of our prophet, after the human body is buried in the grave, the departed soul is placed back in the body and the deceased can even hear the steps of the people who just buried him/her. Then comes two angels, named Munkar and Nakeer. According to prophet, they will very severe in terms of interrogation. They will ask three questions: Who is Allah? Who is your prophet? Who is your prophet? For those who lead their life as per the Quran and the Sunnah of the exalted prophet, will be able to answer these questions correctly. Then the angels will depart, the grave will be made capacious for them to the furthest end of their vision. The deceased will be asked to look upward: the decesed will look. The paradise, the abode of eternal bliss, will be shown. S/he will be told that this is his/her future abode. Then a connection will be made between the grave and the paradise and the deceased will be enjoying the balmy air of the Jannah and will fall asleep. The sleep will not be broken until the day of resurrection.

Then comes the opposite part of the story. Those who do not spend their life according to Quran and the Sunnah of the prophet, will not be able to answer the questions of Munkar and Nakeer correctly. Then the grave will be press the decease from both sides hard and the right rib cage will enter the left rib cage. The deceased will be then shown the Hell and will be told that this will be his/abode after the Day of Judgment. A connection between the hell and the grave will will be made and the the breeze from the hell will keep tormenting the dead. Then the dead will be tortured depending on the sins that were committed during his/her time in this world.

Quote:
3. However, an important thing that I certainly wouldn't believe if someone tells me this...without me myself seeing this...is that our Prophet could not only hear the sound of someone being tortured in their graves, which no one else can hear, but also tell the reason why they were being tortured. I completely accept and agree that our Prophet had qualities that other human didn't have...simply because he's Allah's and our most beloved person. However, there are certain things I wouldn't believe until I see it myself, unless it is stated in the Quran that our Prophet has those qualities.
Yes, the prophet was sometimes enabled by Allah to witness the torture of the hereafter so that he can warn his ummah. Allah made him witness almost everything in the hereafter. During the glorious ascension and the night journey, the prophet witnessed different types of torture, the paradise and the hell. While leading the salaat during a solar eclipse, the prophet once retreated then advanced from his original position. The noble companions asked him the reason for doing so. He said that he retreated because he was shown the fire of the hell and it appeared so close to him that he feared that it would touch him. Then he said he later leaned forward because he was shown some heavenly grapes and those appeared so close to him that he felt he could grab them.

Now this is a short summary of what prophet has told us and what we have learnt from the hadeeths. Now there might be two hindrances in believing what I have written so far:
01. I have come across people in this form who cite verse from the Quran and disproves the torture in the grave because they can’t find it in the Quran.

02. Some people simply do not believe in the unseen or something that can't be proved through science. They can't he helped much, because one of the core principles in Islamic belief is the belief in the unseen. Muslims believe in the angels, the hell, the paradise, the heavens and so on. None of those things could be proved through science and the torture in the grave is one such issue.

Jazakallah!
Old August 17, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Hmm. Thanks Shardul.
Old August 17, 2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

Let us hear about the life in grave in prophet's own words:

Prophet’s Concern about the torment of the grave

Quote:
It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that a Jewish woman entered upon her and mentioned the torment of the grave, and said to her, “May Allaah protect you from the torment of the grave!” ‘Aa’ishah asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about the torment of the grave, and he said, “Yes, the torment of the grave.” ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “I never saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) pray any prayer after that but he sought refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Janaa’iz, 1283; Muslim, al-Kusoof, 903).
What Happens during the time of death and after death

Quote:
It was narrated that al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib said: “We went out with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) for the funeral of a man from among the Ansaar. We came to the grave and when (the deceased) was placed in the lahd, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat down and we sat around him, as if there were birds on our heads (i.e., quiet and still). In his hand he had a stick with which he was scratching the ground. Then he raised his head and said, “Seek refuge with Allaah from the torment of the grave”, two or three times. Then he said, “When the believing slave is about to depart this world and enter the Hereafter, there come down to him from heaven angels with white faces like the sun, and they sit around him as far as the eye can see. They bring with them shrouds from Paradise and perfumes from Paradise. Then the Angel of Death comes and sits by his head, and he says, ‘O good soul, come forth to forgiveness from Allaah and His pleasure.’ Then it comes out easily like a drop of water from the mouth of a waterskin. When he seizes it, they do not leave it in his hand for an instant before they take it and put it in that shroud with that perfume, and there comes from it a fragrance like the finest musk on the face of the earth. Then they ascend and they do not pass by any group of angels but they say, ‘Who is this good soul?’ and they say, ‘It is So and so the son of So and so, calling him by the best names by which he was known in this world, until they reach the lowest heaven. They ask for it to be opened to them and it is opened, and (the soul) is welcomed and accompanied to the next heaven by those who are closest to Allaah, until they reach the seventh heaven. Then Allaah says: ‘Record the book of My slave in ‘Illiyoon in the seventh heaven, and return him to the earth, for from it I created them, to it I will return them and from it I will bring them forth once again.’ So his soul is returned to his body and there come to him two angels who make him sit up and they say to him, ‘Who is your Lord?’ He says, ‘Allaah.’ They say, ‘What is your religion?’ He says, ‘My religion is Islam.’ They say, ‘Who is this man who was sent among you?’ He says, ‘He is the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ They say, ‘What did you do?’ He says, ‘I read the Book of Allaah and I believed in it.’ Then a voice calls out from heaven, ‘My slave has spoken the truth, so prepare for him a bed from Paradise and clothe him from Paradise, and open for him a gate to Paradise.’ Then there comes to him some of its fragrance, and his grave is made wide, as far as he can see. Then there comes to him a man with a handsome face and handsome clothes, and a good fragrance, who says, ‘Receive the glad tidings that will bring you joy this day.’ He says, ‘Who are you? Your face is a face which brings glad tidings.’ He says, ‘I am your righteous deeds.’ He says, ‘O Lord, hasten the Hour so that I may return to my family and my wealth.”

Narrated by Ahmad, 17803; Abu Dawood, 4753. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ahkaam al-Janaa’iz, p. 156
If the deceased is a disbeliever
Quote:
It was narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When a person is placed in his grave and his companions leave him, and he can no longer hear the sound of their sandals (footsteps), two angels come to him and make him sit up, and they ask him, ‘What did you say about this man Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?’ He says, ‘I bear witness that he is the slave of Allaah and His Messenger.’ It is said, ‘Look at your place in Hell which Allaah has replaced for you with a place in Paradise.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “And he sees them both. But as for the kaafir or hypocrite, he says, ‘I do not know, I used to say what the people said.’ It is said, ‘You did not know and you did not follow those who knew.’ Then he is struck a blow with an iron hammer between his ears and he screams a scream which everything around him can hear apart from the two races (of mankind and the jinn).”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1222)

Image of torture in the barzakh (the life of grave, the time between death and the day of judgment)

Quote:

It was narrated that Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) often used to ask his companions, ‘Did any one of you see a dream?’ So dreams would be described to him by those who Allaah willed should speak. One morning, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Last night, two people came to me (in a dream), and woke me up and said, ‘Let’s go!’ I set out with them, and we came across a man who was lying down, with another man standing over him, holding a big rock. He threw the rock at the man's head, smashing it. The rock rolled away, and the one who had thrown it followed it, and picked it up. By the time he came back to the man, his head had been restored to its former state. Then he (the one who had thrown the rock) did the same as he had done before. I said to my two companions, ‘Subhaan Allaah! Who are these two persons?’ They said, ‘Move on!’ So we went on, and came to a man who was lying flat on his back, with another man standing over him, holding an iron hook. He put the hook in the man's mouth and tore off that side of his face to the back (of his neck), and he tore his nose and his eye from front to back in a similar manner. Then he turned to the other side of the man's face and did likewise. No sooner had he finished the second side but the first side was restored to its former state, then he went back and did the same thing again. I said to my two companions, ‘Subhaan Allaah! Who are these two persons?’ They said, ‘Move on!’ So we went on, and came to something like a tannoor (a kind of oven, lined with clay, usually used for baking bread). – I think the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, in that oven there was much noise and voices. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) added: - We looked into it and saw naked men and women. A flame of fire was reaching them from underneath, and when it reached them, they cried out loudly. I asked them, ‘Who are these?’ They said to me, ‘Move on!’ So we went on and came to a river – I think he said, red like blood. – In the river there was a man swimming, and on the bank there was a man who had gathered many stones. Whilst the swimmer was swimming, the man who had gathered the stones approached him. The swimmer opened his mouth and the man on the bank threw a stone into it, then the swimmer carried on swimming. Each time he came back, he opened his mouth again, and the man on the bank threw another stone into his mouth. I said to my two companions, ‘Who are these two persons?’ They said, ‘Move on, move on!’ We went on and came to a man who had the most repulsive appearance imaginable. Beside him there was a fire, which he was kindling, and he was running around it. I asked my companions, ‘Who is this man?’ They said, ‘Move on, move on!’ So we went on until we reached a garden of deep green dense vegetation, with all kinds of spring colours. In the midst of this garden was a very tall man, whose head I could hardly see because of his great height. Around him there were children, a great number such as I have never seen. I said to my companions, ‘who is this man, and who are these children?’ They said, ‘Move on, move on!’ So we went on, until we came to a huge garden, bigger and better than any I have ever seen. My two companions said to me, ‘Go up.’ So we went up into it, until we reached a city built of gold and silver bricks. We went to the gate and asked for it to be opened. It was opened and we entered the city, where we found men with one side of their bodies more handsome than the most handsome person you have ever seen, and the other side uglier than the ugliest person you have ever seen. My two companions ordered those men to throw themselves into the river. There was a river flowing through the city, and its water was pure white. The men went and threw themselves in the river, and came out with the ugliness in their bodies gone, and they were in the best shape. (My two companions) said to me, ‘This is the Paradise of ‘Aden (the Garden of Eden), and that is your place.’ I looked up and saw a palace like a white cloud. They said to me, ‘That is your place.’ I said to them, ‘May Allaah bless you both, let me enter it.’ They said, ‘For now you will not enter it, but you shall enter it (one day).’ I said to them, I have seen many wonders this night. What do all these things mean that I have seen?’ They said: ‘We will tell you. The first man you came across, whose head was being smashed with the rock, is the man who studies the Qur’aan then he neither recites it nor acts upon it, and he goes to sleep, neglecting the obligatory prayers. The man you came across whose mouth, nose and ears were being torn from front to back, is the man who goes out of his house in the morning and tells a lie that is so serious that it spreads all over the world. The naked men and women whom you saw in a structure that resembled an oven are the adulterers and adulteresses. The man you saw swimming in the river with rocks being thrown into his mouth is the one who consumed riba (usury). The ugly-looking man whom you saw kindling a fire and walking around it was Maalik, the keeper of Hell. The tall man whom you saw in the garden was Ibraaheem, and the children around him were the children who died (young) in a state of fitrah (natural state of mankind, i.e., Islam).’ – Some of the Muslims asked, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, what about the children of the mushrikeen?’ He said, ‘And the children of the mushrikeen too.’ – ‘As for the men who were half handsome and half ugly, they were people who had mixed a good deed with another deed that was bad, but Allaah forgave them.’”

(narrated by Muslim, no. 6525)

Last edited by BD-Shardul; August 17, 2009 at 04:10 PM..
Old August 17, 2009, 04:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Masha Allah! Nice initiative, shardul. May Allah reward you many folds!

According to Ibn Kaathir, amongst the signs of the hour ('alamatul Qiyamah) is that people will start to disbelieve the importance of Hadith Sharif and will declare that the Quran is sufficient alone. Those who have access to the Arabic language you can read "Bidayatul Nihayah". There is an abridged version of one of its chapters in English entitled: "The minor and major signs before the day of judgement". Fans of Nostradamus will enjoy this.
Old August 18, 2009, 01:15 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Banfan bhai, what's your source?
Sorry I forgot to mention; these are all from BUKHARI
Hadith numbers are quoted before each.
Old August 18, 2009, 02:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Since you brought it out; I had to repost it. You may decide who is right; Allah or the people you follow. I will never believe that the prophet said something against Quran and He never knew something which wasn't revealed to him.

Quote:
36:51 - And the trumpet shall be blown, when lo ! from their graves they shall hasten on to their Lord.
36:52 - They will say: "Ah! Woe unto us! Who hath raised us up from our beds of repose?"... (A voice will Say) "This is what Most Gracious had promised. And true was the word of the messengers!"
If this will be the state of all, on the day of resurrection: can anyone justify the stories of Kabar Ajab? if some punishment isn't even remembered by the inmates is that a punishment/ajab?

And how logical is it to start a punishment without handing over the judgement on the judgement day? Quran doesn't talk about any kabar ajab quiet logically.
Old August 18, 2009, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Masha Allah! Nice initiative, shardul. May Allah reward you many folds!

According to Ibn Kaathir, amongst the signs of the hour ('alamatul Qiyamah) is that people will start to disbelieve the importance of Hadith Sharif and will declare that the Quran is sufficient alone. Those who have access to the Arabic language you can read "Bidayatul Nihayah". There is an abridged version of one of its chapters in English entitled: "The minor and major signs before the day of judgement". Fans of Nostradamus will enjoy this.
Thanks a lot BCF bhai. Your kind words mean a lot to me.
Old August 19, 2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the Day: About trial

Quote:
From Abdullah ibn Mas'ood (radiyAllâhu 'anhumaa) who said:

"How will you be when you are covered by a trial in which the young grow up and the old become infirm. If anything of it is abandoned it is said: The Sunnah has been abandoned. It was said: When will that occur, O Aboo Abdur Rahman? He said: When your scholars pass away, and those ignorant amongst you become many; when those who recite amongst you are many, but those who have understanding of the religion are few; when your leaders are many, but those who are trustworthy are few; when this world is sought with actions of the Hereafter; and when knowledge is sought for other than the Religion."

Reported by ad-Daarimee (1/64), al-Laalikaa'ee (no.123), al-Haakim(4/514)
and others,
Old August 22, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
If this will be the state of all, on the day of resurrection: can anyone justify the stories of Kabar Ajab? if some punishment isn't even remembered by the inmates is that a punishment/ajab?

And how logical is it to start a punishment without handing over the judgement on the judgement day? Quran doesn't talk about any kabar ajab quiet logically.
40.46 Translation Farooq-i-azam Malik
It is the fire of hell before which they are presented morning and evening, and on the Day when the Hour of their Judgment will come, it will be commanded: "Make the people of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) to enter the severest punishment."

Similar statement can be found for those who rejected Nuh (A)'s message.
+++
I think this attest the punishment begins between death and Judgment day. Logical or not I should not comment cause my knowledge is limited.
Old August 26, 2009, 03:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
40.46 Translation Farooq-i-azam Malik
It is the fire of hell before which they are presented morning and evening, and on the Day when the Hour of their Judgment will come, it will be commanded: "Make the people of Fir'aun (Pharaoh) to enter the severest punishment."

Similar statement can be found for those who rejected Nuh (A)'s message.
+++
I think this attest the punishment begins between death and Judgment day. Logical or not I should not comment cause my knowledge is limited.
YUSUFALI: In front of the Fire will they be brought, morning and evening: And (the sentence will be) on the Day that Judgment will be established: "Cast ye the People of Pharaoh into the severest Penalty!"

PICKTHAL: The Fire; they are exposed to it morning and evening; and on the day when the Hour upriseth (it is said): Cause Pharaoh's folk to enter the most awful doom.

SHAKIR: The fire; they shall be brought before it (every) morning and evening and on the day when the hour shall come to pass: Make Firon's people enter the severest chastisement.

T_E: The punishment is still begining afterthe day of judgement. It is not addressing the entire mankind as the verse I reffered before. It could be a special arrangement for the special groups of people who shall be shown the consequences before hand. It in any way doesn't implicate a prior punishment/kobor ajab for all the people in general. IMO
Old August 29, 2009, 05:24 AM
Banned

Prophet's Quote of the Day: Seven types of people will get the shadow of the divine throne of Allah on the day of judgement

Quote:
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (S) said: “There are seven whom Allaah will shade with His shade on the day when there will be no shade but His: a just ruler; a young man who grows up worshipping Allaah; a man whose heart is attached to the mosque; two men who love one another for the sake of Allaah, meeting and parting on that basis; a man who is called (to commit sin) by a woman of high status and great beauty and he says, ‘I fear Allaah’; a man who gives in charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand is doing; and a man who remembers Allaah when he is alone and his eyes flow with tears.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 660; Muslim, 1031.
Off course the hadeeth has a great weight and and many scholars has written a great number of commentary on it, but let us apply it in the context of BC:

A just ruler: This is for the mods
A young man who grows up worshipping Allaah: Most BCites are still young, so let us cash on it.
A man whose heart is attached to the mosque: Let us try to achieve it.
Two men who love one another for the sake of Allaah, meeting and parting on that basis: Let us love BCites for the sake of Allah
Man who is called (to commit sin) by a woman of high status and great beauty and he says, ‘I fear Allaah’: Rifat already set an example and we all should follow.
A man who gives in charity secretly: Let us try to do that.
A man who remembers Allaah when he is alone and his eyes flow with tears:-Ashun shujoger obhahbe choritroban na hoye jokhon ekla thaki tokhono choritrobaan hoi.

Last edited by BD-Shardul; August 29, 2009 at 07:05 AM..
Old August 29, 2009, 10:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
A man who gives in charity secretly: Let us try to do that.
What better time to do it? Month of Ramadan. The Barakah multiplies in many folds.

Note for those who want to get wealthy. Our thinking of saving and Allah's saving is total opposite. When you try to give (for a charity) Satan whispers your wealth is decreasing and thousand things come to our mind that one could use that money for. Whereas, Allah promises, (The Supreme Being, creator and owner of everything, there is no doubt about His promises) if you give for the sake of Allah your wealth will never decrease. It will only increase because He will give you from provisions that you did not even imagine. An increase in many folds in this world and in the here after.

May Allah soften our hearts, allow us to spend for his cause and reward us in the akhirath.

The reward of the charity is you will have a real estate, the size is beyond your imagination, Architect and builder is Allah subhana wa tala and it not only is located by the river but the river flows underneath your house.
Old August 29, 2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What better time to do it? Month of Ramadan. The Barakah multiplies in many folds.

Note for those who want to get wealthy. Our thinking of saving and Allah's saving is total opposite. When you try to give (for a charity) Satan whispers your wealth is decreasing and thousand things come to our mind that one could use that money for. Whereas, Allah promises, (The Supreme Being, creator and owner of everything, there is no doubt about His promises) if you give for the sake of Allah your wealth will never decrease. It will only increase because He will give you from provisions that you did not even imagine. An increase in many folds in this world and in the here after.

May Allah soften our hearts, allow us to spend for his cause and reward us in the akhirath.

The reward of the charity is you will have a real estate, the size is beyond your imagination, Architect and builder is Allah subhana wa tala and it not only is located by the river but the river flows underneath your house.
Moving explanation TE bhai.

When we give charity from our halal earnings and savings, Allah allots those palaces for us in the paradise beneath which rivers flow. Allah Himself talked about those magnificent palaces numerous times in the Quran. And whatever our creature said is true, these palaces exist. Whatever our creature promised, will happen. So, the charity givers will get those for sure. When we give charity, Allah increases our wealth. He is the owner of all wealth. He is the giver and taker of wealth. So when we give, our wealth does not decrease, the giver of everything rather increases it. When we give charity, Allah gives barakah in our wealth. Without barakah from Allah, millions of dollars will not be able to fullfill your need. And I have seen many people in my life who possess millions of money, but has no peace in their life. Calamity like disease, depression, familial conflict befalls on them. With those trials, Allah sees if his slaves realize and follow the path of His prophet. Also seen some millionaires who despite earring their wealth imoral ways and despite not giving zakah, are having a very secure and blissful life. This is a bad sign, as Allah has given them everything in this world and kept nothing but torture for them in the hereafter. When we give charity, Allah makes our wealth safer too. If He does not protect our wealth, nothing or no one can. When we give charity, our wealth gets purified and Allah is pure and he loves the things that are pure.

So, this is the month of Ramadan and let us do some act of charity. Let us keep our intention pure and let us keep it secret. And let us pray to Allah for our charity to get accepted hy Him.
Old September 2, 2009, 02:27 PM
Banned

Prophet's quote of the day: The death of the death and the eternity of the life in hereafter:

Quote:
Abu Sa`eed reported that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

"Death will be brought on the Day of Resurrection in the form of a white-colored ram." [Abu Kuraib made the addition, "Then it will be made to stand between Paradise and Hell." So far as the rest of the hadeeth is concerned, there is perfect agreement between narrators.] "It will be said to the people of Paradise, ‘Do you recognize this?’ They will raise up their necks, look towards it and say, ‘Yes, it is death.’ Then a command will be given to slaughter it, and it will be said, ‘O people of Paradise, there is everlasting life for you and no death.’ Then [addressing] the people of Hellfire, it will be said, ‘O people of Hellfire, there is everlasting life for you and no death.’" Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) then recited the following verse pointing wit his hand to this [material] world: "Warn them of the day of regret, when their affairs will be decided. They are unmindful, and they do not believe." [19:39] [Muslim]