facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2005, 06:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Gloomy \"Day after\" Poll: Will Zimbabwe overtake us very very soon?

C'mon let's support Zimbabwe to show some solidarity.A good show by them would even things out slightly and deflect all the bad publicity that the Tigers will unfortunately get. It will also motivate them in time for the next match with Zim.

Anyway, the way we are playing, I would fancy the zimbos to get even come December, and end our shortlived "supremacy"( which our players falsely believed in). I hope i am wrong.

Old September 14, 2005, 06:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think Zimbabwe is well on track to becoming what they were, if their current match with India is anything to go by.

Their side is not only back at full strength with the likes of Heath Streak; they are also working as a team once again after a long separation of team members.

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 11:44 AM GMT, by abherath.
Old September 14, 2005, 07:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

BCB had a review meeting Just yesterday where possibility of the Bangladesh-Zimbabwe(plus Kenya maybe) in later this year was discussed. Due to the Venue problem.. BCB might request Zimbabwe to host the series. If they refuse... BD will host it.

It wil be an interesting series and a real test for BD this time... as Zims will be in full strength this time!
Old September 14, 2005, 10:07 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

Just for the sake of it, I voted for "ridiculous poll"..Haha..

In reality, I think (and hope) that Zim wont be able to overtake Bdesh.
Old September 14, 2005, 11:03 AM
Club Cricketer

Zimbabwe were and getting better than our team.
because off the player strike and stuff, they had a bad season,
they produced some world class player, likes of andy flower , Heath Streak, neli johnson etc. and some good player like murrey goodwin, sein ervine, grand flower, T taibu, etc.
although they are a young team they still have some player who a team could depend on to perform regularly.
and they are giving player test caps for fun.

and whatever anyone say i still think bashar, rafique and marshaffe are the only good player we produced so far.

Edited on, September 14, 2005, 4:09 PM GMT, by nas.
Old September 14, 2005, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

guyz dont worry!!
indians r playing like craps n nuthin else!!
i now m convinced dat a match between bd n india at dis point of time would make us loose 4rm bangladesh a big time!! (untill n unless saurav isn't kicked 4rm team!)
howeva i think zims r playin well but not gud enough 2 beat bd but 4 surre india! lol
Old September 14, 2005, 11:38 AM
ODI Cricketer

They were always better than us. We had them at home because of their inner debacle.
Old September 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Its a toss up. We did beat Zim at Zim with the rebels in ODI last time. Till that time we have made progress (oops i sound like Mr. Bush). Their strength is not that much. Apart from Taibu I see no match winners. So if we target that kid and make a game plan we have a good chance on beating them anywhere. Heath Streak is slowing down. So even if they have performed better than India at times, I am not sure they have crossed us. it is a very much of a mental game. Whoever has an edge will win.

So we have a venue problem? What happened to the new stadium where we beat the under 19 Aus in the Plate tournament? I guess it will cost BD more to accomodate the foreign teams in the 5 star hotels and transporation.
Old September 14, 2005, 07:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Zimbabwe were indeed better than Bangladesh, but NOT at the present. They fell a level below the BD team with their recent controversies and player issues. Currently, Bangladesh, despite this crashing defeat against Sri Lanka, is still the better of the two teams, and wont be overtaken by Zimbabwe anytime soon.

Zimbabwe right now is going through the initiation of that rebuilding process which Bangladesh was under right after the WC 2003. They will take time to bring their acts together to come into the mix with the big boys, and Bangladesh is well on their way. I dont think it should be any problem to realise this. This poll is merely a typical BD fan's reaction in the aftermath of a lopsided Test defeat.
Old September 14, 2005, 10:00 PM
Test Cricketer

well zimbabwe has always been a better team then us. but they are much weaker team now then they were before. we beat them but they gave us a great fight. now some of the rebel players returning i believe this zimbabwe team is stronger then the one that played us last year. i think bangladesh and zimbabwe rightnow are same strength
Old September 14, 2005, 11:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Zimbabwe is a much better side than BD, they have always been.They are aways ahead they don't have to overtake.
BD is rated at the bottom of ICC ratings .
Old September 15, 2005, 03:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Zim is now back on its feet! Beating Zim in only one test match and start thinking we are the best is rediculous. We still have a long way to go to catch Zim...
Old September 15, 2005, 05:27 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
They were always better than us. We had them at home because of their inner debacle.
I voted for yes, but if there was an answer like above, I would have voted for that. Because I think that as soon as with the return of Heath Streak alone, Zimbabwe has strengthened a lot.

In addition, I think Cats-eye made a very valid point. Although I don't agree with all that he has said, but I agree on the following point:

Quote:
it is a very much of a mental game. Whoever has an edge will win.
If our young players of today like Ashraful, Aftab, Nafees Iqbal, Syed Russel, Tapash Baisya, Enamul Haque believe that they are better than young players of Zimbabwe of today like Taibu, Taylor, Hamilton Masakadza, Chigambura, Cremer & the rest, then we will be better than Zimbabwe in future.
Old September 15, 2005, 05:34 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
Zim is now back on its feet! Beating Zim in only one test match and start thinking we are the best is rediculous. We still have a long way to go to catch Zim...
Agreed: we still haven't won a test series away from home, we still haven't won at least 1 ODI against either Sri Lanka, South Africa, West Indies, New Zealand and England; we still haven't reached the 2nd stage of the world cup yet, we still haven't won a tournament involving 3 teams like Zimbabwe had, involving Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Kenya, we have drawn only 2 test matches just by playing full 5 days - one against West Indies and one against Zimbabwe (not rain-affected) - so we still have a long way to go to even remotely go near to Zimbabwe.

Edited on, September 15, 2005, 10:36 AM GMT, by fwullah.
Reason: Addition: New Zealand
Old September 15, 2005, 11:10 AM
First BC Member

Today Zimbabwe is 67/6 - with Taibu not out and Blignaut, Mahwire and Debngwa still to bat.