facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: misbah ul haq

Sad to see him retire but atleast the good thing is he still prefers test cricket. We need more players like him who still understand the importance of tests

Old June 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
Sad to see him retire but atleast the good thing is he still prefers test cricket. We need more players like him who still understand the importance of tests
Good luck on your assumption for KP. But I wonder how long he is gonna play test anyway, coz as long as I know English schedule is clashing with next year IPL; He allready freed himself enough to appear there by retiring from int LOIs, meanwhile Delhi would love to have him play for whole league. ECB certainly feeling enlighten having a mercenary in their test squad! He is an encouraging character. but for How long?
Old June 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: misbah ul haq

Well we dont know how long he"ll play test.cricket but I expect the excitement of the ashes and burning desire to overturn the whitewash against pakistan should be motivation enough. Then there is the test series away in india and also the home series against south africa etc....
Btw do you prefer players giving up tests for LOIs?
Old June 14, 2012, 03:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerdtiger
Well we dont know how long he"ll play test.cricket but I expect the excitement of the ashes and burning desire to overturn the whitewash against pakistan should be motivation enough. Then there is the test series away in india and also the home series against south africa etc....
Btw do you prefer players giving up tests for LOIs?
I'm not really sure myself what would I prefer for players giving up tests for LOIs or vice versa. But certainly a need have been arrised in recent times for certain players to make that choice. Not everyone is lucky to be as young as Shakib and hope to appear IPL & IPL-like leagues 8+ years more being in limelight. In this case KP is someone from South Africa, a converted immigrant in England is in out of context position of patriotism question holds his own choice to make. With his age of fertile batting he probably will play 2/3 years more at best in same fassion, choosing retirement aint really surprising as he would want to sell his skill for maximum in his remaining career period.
But dont get fooled by his preference of tests over LOIs. The sense of freedom of speech & choice neither same in every country nor in every individuals. KP leaving SA due to preference of color quota forces him to choose UK as he found less likely to get chance in SA nat squad in first place; is very much well aware of self-right found himself strugling in UK, when his recent media & tweet clash incidents result in handling by ECB gives us enough doubt why he choose to retire now only. IMO he took the choice to insult ECB. ECB certainly feeling enlighten having a mercenary in their test squad! No. His being in the squad will encourage more others, this could be infectious in English. Checkout Andy's reaction with Bell replacing KP. My guess he will be sacked soon. Or if ECB takes Ashes & India tour more seriously then he may have few more chances left for int appearances.