facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 15, 2005, 02:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default One sure thing

one thing for sure as i know that rob will tell us is that we will have aus and england on our side whilest we play the oppo team. Austrialia are there for the taken at the moment as they are in bad form . SO i have biigger hopes for saturday where we will relay push them hard.

Old June 15, 2005, 02:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

if we beat AUS, the Man of the Match should get a lot of cash, kinda like the way afridi got $8500 for blasting a 45 ball 100 vs India.

However i disagree with you, i think Tommorow BD will push england really hard. There on such a high note a letdown is a hugh possibility.
Old June 15, 2005, 02:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

My feeling : the only thing we'll push England for is a quick end to our misery. If BD bats first, i fully expect the score to be 22/5 by the time I log on in the morning.

I hope I'm wrong.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

The Oval is a good batting service so if you win the toss I think you should certainly bat first, it is a dead cert that if England win the toss they will bowl.

Your batsman look to be getting into some sort of form and it is important you post 200. I don't think that is enough but if you can make England bat nearly 50 overs to get them I think it will be a job well done for your guys.

I certainly want you to compete, not just for the good of cricket but I have a day off and the cricket is all that will keep me entertained.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Good batting pitch or not, doesn't make any big difference for us. We will bat first and loose 5/6 wicket's in first 15 overs.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Its a tricky one for you, what to do when you win the toss.

There are several factors that have to be considered :

Oval is a good pitch,
but it does swing early on.

You have just got to back yourself and be positive in your decision at the toss, not worry about what might happen. As I said you should bat, it will swing early on but you should back yourselfs to get through that initial period.
Old June 15, 2005, 03:56 PM
Test Cricketer

What kind of topic is that ? Aussies are playing bad but they will play good in the Natwest Series for sure when "Ricky Ponting" himself a big punter .

Go Aussie Go .

For England they might win a single odi if they are lucky and in tests still have to dream on .
Old June 15, 2005, 04:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

Why do you have to spoil a good discussion with your silly 'England dream on' comments. I have heard it all before, I don't need telling again.

I know you Aussies are the most confident species on earth.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

I doubt this guy is a real Aussie. Sounds more like a "moyur poochcho dhari Kauwa" ...

Anywayz, with bowling that I saw in the 20/20 match - man! England is in this for real. Just wait and see.
Old June 15, 2005, 08:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Australia meet NatWest Series rivals Bangladesh in their next game on Saturday, and Ponting added: "We will probably have our work cut out to beat Bangladesh after the way we have played the last couple of days."
Old June 15, 2005, 09:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Two significant wins we had when we batted first. One against the Pakis in the world cup ( I was there) mad the other against the Indians (I was not there). It seems that we are jot good at chasing. Even with Worcs we had tough time chasing a paltry total. I think you should bat first. There is less stressfull on the young batsmen while batting first. However, you can bowl even whe you are stressed.

So Rob, BD will bat. Score will be BD all out 198. England 201/4 in 35 overs. That is my prediction.
Old June 15, 2005, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by LateCut
Two significant wins we had when we batted first. One against the Pakis in the world cup ( I was there) mad the other against the Indians (I was not there). It seems that we are jot good at chasing. Even with Worcs we had tough time chasing a paltry total. I think you should bat first. There is less stressfull on the young batsmen while batting first. However, you can bowl even whe you are stressed.

So Rob, BD will bat. Score will be BD all out 198. England 201/4 in 35 overs. That is my prediction.
Anytime BD scores 225+ batting first, it creates some pressure on opposition - our bowling is more than decent. But mostly we score less than 200 and what follows, we all know.

The main challenge is to avoid the initial collapse in batting, regardless of whether we bat first or second
Old June 15, 2005, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

the thing that has always been the main problem with the bd team and everybody has already mentioned it that is our collapse early. we viewers have to start watching the game with scores like 15/3. we really have to work on this real hard. i dont care how much we score on the first 15 overs or if they were able to take advantage of the first 15 overs. even if the run rate is close to 3 and we did not loose more than 1 wicket i will be happy. because once this is assured the middle order can play in a relax mood. hopefully bd will be able to do this. and for boling if they can just bol tight and make the opposition bat more than 40 overs to reach our target i will be happy. i just want the game to be played almost the whole day. i dont want the game to be finished after half of the day.
Old June 15, 2005, 10:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

another thing we see wicket falling right after another with no run scored......
AND Nafees really have to prove himself this time, if he fails i say bring the other nafees for the next game..
Old June 15, 2005, 10:11 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
sami bhai apni kintu thiki bolechen. amader kintu mazhe mazhe dekha jai je besh bhaloi jachhe. kintu hotat kore por por dui tinta pore jai ebong tokhon kintu abar shai obosthay pouche jai amra jaikhan theke ar fire asha shombhob hoi na. dhannabad.