facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2012, 12:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

No Six was hit until the 12th over! Not good! Thanks a lot Sri lanka for saving the crappiest pitch for the final. I thought you guys are done making these sorts of pitches?

They are showing this instead of the Browns, Tigers and other games! Cricket ahead of football, post games and El Classico on a Sunday. That's Big!

Please watch it! Bump the ratings!!

Last edited by Dilscoop; October 7, 2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old October 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/realtime/ESPN%20cricket

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/real...SPN2%20cricket

Last edited by Dilscoop; October 7, 2012 at 05:01 PM..
Old October 7, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Lol just read all the tweets. People can't figure out how to read the score.
Old October 7, 2012, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

People are either a) getting angry at ESPN, b) watching it out of curiosity, c) tagging their Indian friends, and my favorite d) cricket fans, they are FREAKING OUT! They are so happy it's on TV. Even though they know the results, they are surely watching it. Life time opportunity...
Old October 7, 2012, 01:56 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I am watching it, but editing has been horrible. They took commerical break at 17th over; and after the commerical started SL innings, without last 3 overs of WI innings.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 7, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Example of what I was talking about...

A)

B)

C)

D)

D)

Old October 7, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
I am watching it, but editing has been horrible. They took commerical break at 17th over; and after the commerical started SL innings, without last 3 overs of WI innings.
Yah, it's been pretty bad. They went to commercial while wicket was falling. Gotta feel for the guy behind the desk. He must be losing his mind. It's all so sudden for the people that work at ESPN

ESPN3 wasn't that great either with the commercials. But that's only because cricket has no system with these things in general, like we have here. Even those regular channels (Indian ones) that we watch on illegal links does some horrible things. Going straight to commercial while the commies are still talking or during FOW...
Old October 7, 2012, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

lol.
Old October 7, 2012, 10:42 PM
Cricket Savant

hehe so i am not the only special one thinking by stroke of miracle God is presenting me cricket via espn2....fmbl
Old October 9, 2012, 08:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
People are either a) getting angry at ESPN, b) watching it out of curiosity, c) tagging their Indian friends, and my favorite d) cricket fans, they are FREAKING OUT! They are so happy it's on TV. Even though they know the results, they are surely watching it. Life time opportunity...
https://twitter.com/ortson/status/255778645631705091

Click that link from that tweet! Who is that mofo!!!!

Last edited by Dilscoop; October 10, 2012 at 02:34 PM..
Old October 10, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Update on UST20. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...010-27cvy.html

In my book the success will depend on the league's uniqueness. Starting with the name. If it's a USAPL, then fuzz it, don't even bother. Also I hate the fact how everyone keep saying "Oh US is starting a IPL-style thingi." WTF is a IPL-style thing? IPL invent franchise system? No! While other cricket countries may have to follow the IPL footstep, America doesn't. It's already thousands year ahead when it comes to these things.

And then I read a lot mention on Bollywood on that link. Why? This is Merica. Not India. We have Hollywood. Why do we have to relate to some 4th class crap? Infect, why do we even have to get involved with Hollywood? Once again, stop following IPL's footstep. This is AMERICA.
Old October 10, 2012, 03:12 PM
MLC World Series I

^ due to the Indian corporations investing? And they are obviously targeting the Indians & Pakistanis with the whole Bollywood thing and the locals with the Hollywood. The thing is, no Americans will watch this apart from the Indian subcontinent descent. So, maybe grab a few Hollywood A stars to raise curiosity among the newbies?
Old October 10, 2012, 03:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ And unless they keep the tacky Bullcrapwood away, non-Pak-Indo will never take interest in it. Ind-Pak will show up anyways, weather they have bollywoodcrap or not. But if they add tacky BS, it will be a turn off for the new fans.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:28 PM
Cricket Sage

The reason this Bollywood crap is being dragged on is because they are obviously going after the Indian crowd in America. They can't expect proper Americans to start following a game that they know nothing about. So first they have to figure out how can they make this tournament successful enough that at least 'Brown' people will follow it. If it crashes in the first try than investors will back out right away. It's going to take a lot of time before this even comes close to being successful. Look at MLS it stated before 2000, and now after 10+ years finally people are slowly starting to pay a little more attention now.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Honestly speaking, I just don't see cricket being big in the US amongst the Americans. Football, basketball, and baseball are big sports here and i dont see that changing ever. There is just so much history in those sports. Forget about local Americans, even a lot of the 1st generation Indian/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis/West Indians, don't pay attention to cricket. A lot of the 1st generation West Indians rather play basketball or American football. So forget about local Americans, they should focus on the expats and the 1st generations. There's still a big population of subcontinental people here so they could still make good amount of money running a US cricket league.
Old October 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Well if there is a legue going on in America that might give them a reason to watch. Right now people don't watch because they have no connection with any of these teams, and not to mention the weird timing of the games. I have a lot of American friends who said if they knew all the rules and how the game is played they would love to watch it. I think Americans will be fascinated by guys like Gayle, Watson, Pollard's hitting abilities.
Old October 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Ya my friends said the same thing actually. The good thing about Americans is that they're very open to different cultures and customs. So they might show interest but it'll take a while. Having a cricket league is definitely a good start. The thing about Americans is that they like action packed sports like football and basketball. Baseball is popular because its America's past time and the home runs. T20s are the way to go for sure. ODIs and Tests would not survive here.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old October 11, 2012, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

t20s are the way to go in the USA, that or is it called supermax cricket? where they play 4 innings, 10 over an innings.
Old October 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Like I said, they won't need baallywood to get the Indo_Pak fans. They will be there for cricket anyways. But they need to stay away from tacky baallywood stuff to attract new fans and create a better image of the sports to them.
Old October 12, 2012, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

As for the name, it should be called the ACL, or ALC. (or USLC/CL)
Old October 12, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Just came across a documentary on Cricket in America in youtube.

Here is the link to the first part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAbah...feature=relmfu
Old October 12, 2012, 09:56 PM
Administrator

^^^ Thanks. I am waiting for the day when I would be in an US stadium when US plays BD!
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old October 12, 2012, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
^^^ Thanks. I am waiting for the day when I would be in an US stadium when US plays BD!
Who will you be rooting for? The Norman Tebbit question of the hour.
Old October 13, 2012, 09:09 AM
Administrator

^^^

I will follow the underdog rule. I am assuming US would be the underdog, so it would be US.

US needs a repeat of Canada vs BD game of 2003 WC .
Old October 14, 2012, 03:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

You guys are so happy to watch Cricket on TV ? Lol...pack your bags and hit the land down under !