facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 2, 2009, 06:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Default CA prepares coaching manual for Bangladesh

CA prepares coaching manual for B’desh

By Bipin Dani

The new Coaching Manual for Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has been prepared by Cricket Australia (CA).

This was revealed by Ross Turner, the Development Manager, CA.

The manual will be launched in Dhaka on Saturday, October 3.

"Cricket Australia produced the Coaching Manual on behalf of the Bangladesh Cricket Board as one element of the schedule of services provided as part of the 2007-09 BCB-Cricket Australia Agreement," Turner said.

"The content for the manual was developed by Cricket Australia, while, the imagery and format of the document was a joint initiative between the two parties. Martin Gleeson, International Development Program Coaching Manager was responsible for the project and he worked closely with BCB staff, in particular ESM Ashfaq-ul-Islam Bappy, the then Game Education Program Manager.

"Islam Bappy has recently taken up a position developing cricket in Myanmar - working on behalf of the Asian Cricket Council.

"Martin and Islam Bappy ensured the Manual had a contemporary feel through use of images of current national team and academy players. The Manual features a series of acknowledgement, that include key officials of the BCB and the national team coach, Jamie Siddons," he further added.

"We're delighted that the Manual is to be officially launched to coincide with the start of the new season - and trust that the document serves its intended purpose of inspiring a new generation of coaches in Bangladesh.

"It is worth pointing out that the BCB has plans to produce a Bengali version of the document to extend the reach of the information contained in the Manual," Turner concluded.

http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/inte...%E2%80%99desh/
Old October 2, 2009, 06:44 AM
Cricket Guru

This is from a report published in April this year. By then, our contract with CA had expired. I wonder if BCB under current BAL government have any plan to renew that contract:

Since Bangladesh gained Test status in 2000, Cricket Australia had voluntarily provided training to Bangladesh local coaches and umpires under a five-year agreement that ended in 2006.

Thereafter, the BCB renewed the deal for a further two years for 2007-2009, the board had to pay a huge amount of money, triggering a criticism in the sports area.

With the second agreement already expired (on paper, but still running on), now Bangladesh have to walk along with its own coaching manual in the coming days and Ashfaq-ul-Islam, deputy education manager of BCB game development, said: "We have now introduced a unified coaching language in Bangladesh. Now if a batsman needs to learn how to play a front foot shot, he can learn it in the same language from different coaches."

Meanwhile, Bangladesh had introduced the game education in 2005, and the game education is still going on with the assistance of the Asian Cricket Council and Cricket Australia, which are expected to recall their assistants after completing a couple of courses of the second agreement.

Ross Turner, international development programme manager of Cricket Australia, along with Ashfaq presented their last two years' game education activities to reporters at Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on Wednesday.

Turner claimed that the money (nearly three crore) was worth spending as they have had educated at least 345 umpires and 310 coaches over the last two years.

The Australian believes that Bangladesh can continue the follow up of their work and thus they have already provided a coaching manual to the BCB officials.

Turner also said that if the former players showed their interest in coaching, cricket of Bangladesh would be benefited as the former players had a clear concept of the game and could be able to provide valuable knowledge to youngsters.

He, however, expressed optimism about the future of Bangladesh cricket as former cricketers like Khaled Mahmud, Khaled Mashud are coming forward to take up coaching.

"Players always have the better chance to become a good coach than others and I am happy that Bangladeshi players are taking interest in it," said Turner.

"Cricket will not be benefited until the local coaches are being educated and it is a long way to get a good coach," said Ashfaq during the presentation.

"We are confined to level-2 coaches. We, however, hope to participate in a level-3 coaching programme organised by ACC in the latter part of the year," said the development officer.

Ashfaq informed that BCB has appointed as many as 54 educated coaches, of whom 30 coaches have been visiting all 64 districts by rotation to provide unified coaching method.

'As an outcome of the programme, we have now our coaches in the age-group teams like U-15, U-17 and U1-9, but once there were foreign coaches appointed,' he added.

The BCB officials said they will consider the issue of renewing the agreement with CA when the board of directors meet on May 9.

http://www.independent-bangladesh.co...ng-manual.html
Old October 2, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Come to think of it, Australia has done more for our cricket since the elevation to test status than our sub-continental neighbors, sans Sri Lanka.
Old October 2, 2009, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Come to think of it, Australia has done more for our cricket since the elevation to test status than our sub-continental neighbors, sans Sri Lanka.
Yes rather they are busy shouldering about our overseas tours and hosting big tourney.
Old October 2, 2009, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

I thought "CIA" produced .....

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 2, 2009, 10:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Gopal bhai Zee dada, you are a very funny, silly crazy pagol man...Lol, you joka!
Old March 14, 2010, 09:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Chor er mon pulish pulish

On the topic - Commando training didn't do it. Better bari didn't do it. Biya shadi didn't do it. You think Manual will?

When was the last time y'all opened a manual?

Oh yes, I remember. The last time I opened it was when my car got stuck in the middle of the highway, with no one else to call for help.
Old October 2, 2009, 10:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Btw Eshen good job of playing the role of Hermes here in Bc.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 2, 2009, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Btw Eshen good job of playing the role of Hermes here in Bc.
What? Eshen kapor poray na? Chi Eshen Chi!! Lojja shorom shob koi galo?
Old October 2, 2009, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What? Eshen kapor poray na? Chi Eshen Chi!! Lojja shorom shob koi galo?
So now it's my fault that Munsi is having fantasy about me?!
Old October 2, 2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Hang "them" high ...
Old October 3, 2009, 02:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Hmm. That's the reason he was missing the fantasy league..?
Old October 2, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Yeah but its not like Australia did anything for free other than fulfilling their FTP duties.. Bangaldesh Cricket is heavily influenced by Ausssies and Sri Lankans.. no doubt. But Its not like we ever asked for Javed Miandad and asked PCB's help on anything ( albeit they have their own problems) and India NEVER helps anyone. Sri Lanka is always besides Bangladesh and their players were the ones who lifted the Dhaka League's stature in the 90s.. So, I think it was more or less BCB's approach that we are more Aussie leaning and dont think of England/India/SA/New Zealand/West Indies etc. for any help in any manner...
Old October 2, 2009, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Thanks CA. Hope, it will work positive way.
Old October 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

I love your avatar Zeeshan bhai. lol.
Old October 3, 2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rev. Dave Chappelle

What happens next?

Someone takes that manual and throws it in the dust bin. LOL
Old October 3, 2009, 06:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Funny how they mentioned BCB did the formatting and copy-pasting of images. Great input!

And what's this about unified coaching language? Try Bangla. or is this so that foreign and local coaches both communicate in the same medium?

Obviously Australia does a good job in helping us, which is why we keep going back. Bet if we paid the same amount to India-Pak, we'd just waste that money.We could also try South Africa if they offer the services. Don't think NZ and WI have the required infrastucture to help ppl.

If we really have 345 coaches we should be really getting a good amount of grassroots cricketers coming up, with these coaches teaching other coaches.
Old March 14, 2010, 06:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

What happened to the manual?
Old March 15, 2010, 01:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
What happened to the manual?
Did you bookmarked all these threads?
Old March 15, 2010, 01:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Did you bookmarked all these threads?
No. I do make a search about the topic comes to my mind.
Old March 15, 2010, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
No. I do make a search about the topic comes to my mind.
Good one as a pro BCites.
Old March 19, 2010, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

No amount of coaching manual will help your game if you cannot play properly.
My take is that before the tour of England, BCB should hire a real good fast bowler to bowl on a bouncy pitch to the batsmen, hammering short balls, rising balls close to the body and bouncers and yorkers,even one week will do the trick.
BD will do worse in England if these issues are not addressed.
Old March 19, 2010, 10:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib, SN, Tamim

No matter what coaching training we have, doesnt matters. Its about the players, who if fails then all is not well. If the team wins, we say the team is awesome, the BCB, management are well and also that their fans support them a lot. No use of any manual, we just need to take the hard but t best way