facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....
Default Share your views and ideas about preparation camp for NZ

Siddons is going to be back in Bangladesh within a week. And he will have his first camp here with the selected players for the NZ tour. No doubt, this tour will be a tough one for us. The conditions in NZ are much different than the conditions in BD. Wickets are hard, bouncy and probably a lil bit greenish. Wickets, used in the current NCL so far, are slow and low, making it hard for our batsmen and bowlers to cope with the conditions in NZ.

Therefore, we need to have specialized training sessions. Share your ideas and views about the training sessions planning in this thread. I would request Miraz bhai, Kabir or Sohel bhai to summerize the finding of this thread in an article just before the start of the camp. As BC is frequently visited by BCB officials and think tank members these days, there's a chance that we will find some reflections of our thinking in the camp planning.

Siddons is new to our cricket. He doesn't have good idea about weaknesses. This effort may help him to sort out things quickly which he needs to address.

So share your views here, mates. Hope in this way we will be help our cricket moving one step forward.

Last edited by WarWolf; November 14, 2007 at 01:28 PM..

Old November 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Good thread:
I would say:
1) Let them practice on a road with tennis balls painted white or brown and the pitch should be only 15/18 yards.

2) Video analysis for bowlers. How the balls swings in the pitches that matches will be held. How wind plays a role.

3) Use beth. The ones which can be fould near Joydebpur picnic area are preferrable with board pins attached on the head so that it doesn't break.

4) Cold shower for every mistake. And some one goes error free then fifteen minutes off the mandatory 30 minutes cold shower after every practice session.

They will win the NZ series if they listen to me. Muhahaha!!!
Old November 14, 2007, 12:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Here is my idea: do not have anyone in the camp who's first name start with an 'A'. Exception to the above is for those only where the second letter is one of the following: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z.
Old November 14, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokai
Here is my idea: do not have anyone in the camp who's first name start with an 'A'. Exception to the above is for those only where the second letter is one of the following: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z.
good matching between post and avatar.
no offense bro!
Old November 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
good matching between post and avatar.
no offense bro!
Buij laam na. Bu jhaye bolen, plz.
Old November 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Let Siddons come first.
Let's select the players.( a big debate waiting us all)
Let's get ready for the camp.
Let them name the location of the camp.
Let's get everything in place.

Then, and then, let us start sharing our views..

Cuz such is the speed of our "moving on" in this ultra fast robotic life,
by the time the camp starts, we will forget all about it, if we start now.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
Cricket Guru

This is what I think:

1. Using mat wickets for some of the practice sessions. Ball bounces generally high in mat wickets. This would specially be helpful for our players to get used to with high bounce after playing in the NCL on low and slow wickets.

2. Practice matches on green wickets. I know the wickets won't be fast and bouncy but leaving grass on wickets would help a lot to get confidence before facing bond and co. on their own ground.

3. Going to NZ early and try to arrange practice matches there just the way we did before the world cup.

4. Our most players have weakness against rising three quarter deliveries outside the offstamps and ofter get themselves out in slip or to the keeper. Practice on grassy wickets early in the morning with bowling machines would help them to correct the problem.

5. Sports phychologists could help our players getting mentally tougher. It's too late to find some permanent one before the tour, but still we can try to get someone temporarily for the tour.

6. Hiring some good bowling coach temporarily for the tour. I am sure if the money is good, finding someone good in this business won't be a big problem.

Last edited by WarWolf; November 14, 2007 at 01:00 PM..
Old November 14, 2007, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru

First of all, I am disappointed to know that our current pitches in NCL, are low. WarWolf are you sure that they made the pitch like that. I thought it's little better than before and pacers are doing fine. Please verify the source.

Even Siddons come next week, we are already way behind for any preparation as the tour is next month (correct me if I am wrong). We are always late in preparing for any matches. Also, playing some practice matches in NZ would have been really helpful for our players. Not sure if we will get couple of them!!

Batting is and will be our biggest concern, as if our batsmen still waiting to prepare themselves and haven't done their homeworks properly to play in bouncy wicket or in backfoot or still making the same mistakes in shot selection, we will be doomed.
Old November 14, 2007, 01:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
First of all, I am disappointed to know that our current pitches in NCL, are low. WarWolf are you sure that they made the pitch like that. I thought it's little better than before and pacers are doing fine. Please verify the source.

Even Siddons come next week, we are already way behind for any preparation as the tour is next month (correct me if I am wrong). We are always late in preparing for any matches. Also, playing some practice matches in NZ would have been really helpful for our players. Not sure if we will get couple of them!!

Batting is and will be our biggest concern, as if our batsmen still waiting to prepare themselves and haven't done their homeworks properly to play in bouncy wicket or in backfoot or still making the same mistakes in shot selection, we will be doomed.
SS, I can assure you that the pitches are low and slow. I am watching the matches being played in Dhaka live in TV. My friends in Khulna confirmed me that the pitches lack bounce there.

Pacers can do well in low and slow wickets as batsmen are always good candidates of getting LBW and bowled. I am sure some of the members here didn't forget the awwsome performance of "A" team pacer Anis in a tournament involving BD, India and Pak national team in late 90s (I can't recall the year).

Yes the tour starts in next month.
Old November 14, 2007, 01:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Sure, batting will be emphasized before we fly over to NZ. But, one thing that really bothers me about our group of players is their comical performance in the slip cordon. That is a crucial aspect of test matches, more so in a place like NZ, where there will be edges coming towards the cordon. If you look at test dismissals, a solid majority comes via catches behind the wkt, and we regularly drop chances. You let off Intl players and you know what happens. They usually make you pay.

This is one area where Whatmore was a total failure. We don't even know the basics of where to stand, let alone catching. We either stand too far, or too close, taking wrong angles, bad footwork, you name it and we got it. Siddons should work on identifying his slip catchers first and only they will stand in slips. No freebees to seniors standing there just because they are older, or have captained the team before. No luxuries. Teach the basics first to the selected few then stick with them. Pick athletic young good batsmen as they have better reflexes. All great batsmen from every era are also coincidentally, good slip fielders. Look at the record books and percentages indicate that. Off course, that is not the only criteria as you can have good bowlers who excelled in slips as well a la Warne. But, no matter who stands there, Siddons will need to look at this aspect of our game that is non-existent..
Old November 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Good point Beamer. The point needs to be noted.

Direct throw is also a matter of concern. Recently our boys misses most of the direct hit run out chances. Siddons needs to take a look at this also.
Old November 14, 2007, 01:35 PM
Cricket Sage

This time no comando training ?
Old November 14, 2007, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Ha ha..No No more of that. Public er jutapita khaitey kar bhalo lagey?
Old November 14, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Comando training khali wc er agey... normal series ey to harbo so why bother
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 14, 2007, 02:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Bujhlam na... ektu bujhaiya bolen to..
Old November 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Money hoi Alamgir-er khobor ache.
Old November 14, 2007, 02:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Money hoi Alamgir-er khobor ache.
Tokai could have meant Al Shahariar too, but I think he meant Alok (knowing what a crazy Alok hater he is).
Old November 14, 2007, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Another thing. Our batsmen are always shaky against good in swinging yorkers. Playing across the line is another big flaw of their batting. SIddons needs to work with these too.
Old November 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Another thing. Our batsmen are always shaky against good in swinging yorkers. Playing across the line is another big flaw of their batting. SIddons needs to work with these too.
Bhai, Give him at least 6 months to work on our players technical flaws.

Don't expect anything good from him in this series. He will introduce new things but he won't able to change anything within this very short time.
Old November 14, 2007, 03:11 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

I Think They Should Watch SA vs NZ Series. It will Help. Then Find a Bounce Pitch
Old November 14, 2007, 03:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Tokai could have meant Al Shahariar too, but I think he meant Alok (knowing what a crazy Alok hater he is).
Alok ? Nah.... how that can be possible? Tokai cannot mean that...
Old November 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Going to NZ early and try to arrange practice matches there just the way we did before the world cup.

They might have to find a cricket ground and play among themselves. They are getting only a few practice sessions with Northern Districts. I think BCB left it too late to ask for a few more of the longer version of the game This tour was finalized months ago, how come BCB just woke up? i am disappointed in them.

I am sure Jamie Siddons has a few ideas of his own, first the squad has to be picked, I am sure by now Jamie must have looked at the strengths and weaknesses of each Kiwi player and has begun his own analysis.,so we shuld leave it to his judgement.

NO COMMANDO TRAINING
Old November 14, 2007, 04:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Going to NZ early and try to arrange practice matches there just the way we did before the world cup.

They might have to find a cricket ground and play among themselves. They are getting only a few practice sessions with Northern Districts. I think BCB left it too late to ask for a few more of the longer version of the game This tour was finalized months ago, how come BCB just woke up? i am disappointed in them.
Its not that easy that some boards asks and the host will arrange more practice matches... normally host country gives the away team as many practice matches they think they will need when they visit that country. in this case NZ knows that they don't need more than one when they visit BD so they setup one for BD...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 14, 2007, 09:40 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Took me a while to find out that "L" is missing. I'm with it. No Alok for the camp. If that means Alamgir and Al Shahriar is not there, so be it (they are not gonna be there anyway).
Old November 14, 2007, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Well I expect there to be several open ends in the practice sessions before the NZ tour. We have a new coach, so it will take a bit of time for him and the players to get to know and adjust to each others' methods. A lot of what has been said in this thread is good, and I would like to add bringing in some of the new fast bowlers from the NCL to bowl at the batsmen to the list of todo's (if at all possible; ideally, they should be concentrating on the NCL games). It's a win win situation, really.