facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 7, 2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful
Default best of 2009-Tendulkar's 175

I think it is the best knock of 2009 from the greatest player of cricket.

Tendu>Bradman
Old November 7, 2009, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Losing cause can not be the best, period.

Naeem' innings > Tendu' innings.

Those who taken some college math knows where the equation is heading.
Old November 7, 2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Naeem' innings > Tendu' innings.
Those who taken some college math knows where the equation is heading.
joke of 2009.Forget the outcome, look at his effort. He almost won it alone.

Now only if u hv a brain, u will know it...
Old November 7, 2009, 10:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz_ca

and Naeem won that alone. now which one is better?
Old November 8, 2009, 09:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:

"Almost" is the key word;
innings those won the match alone > innings those almost won it alone

That is why its not the best.
Old November 8, 2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
"Almost" is the key word;
innings those won the match alone > innings those almost won it alone

That is why its not the best.
have a look at the opponent too ! playing against zim and world champ are totaly different.
Old November 9, 2009, 12:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
have a look at the opponent too ! playing against zim and world champ are totaly different.
Win (any innings) > Loss (any innings).
Doesn't matter how classy chanceless innings it is. Doesn't matter if Warne, McGrath is bowling. A winning knock is ALWAYS > than any losing knock. I am sure, Tendu would traded the 175 knock if that would give them a win, and the series would still be alive.

What part of the above equation you don't understand? Who don't have brains? Think; think hard please. No almost, no excuses.

Old November 8, 2009, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
That line says it all.
Though it was a superb innings, can't be the best of 2009.
Old November 9, 2009, 11:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Losing cause can not be the best, period......
It's as simple as that.

Can't be the best...
Old November 7, 2009, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

but I'd say Tamim's 150+ has been best so far in 2009 as it was also one handedly victorious.

Coventry's cant be overlooked..... be it for Zimbabwe.
Old November 7, 2009, 11:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Tendulkar is one of the greatest no doubt but I'm not sure hez the best match winner of even his own era. It could be argued that Lara, Punter and maybe even Inzi were better finishers than him. The match in question here exemplifies my point. The little master played a gem of an innings to get his team to a comfortable 332/6 with 18 needed from 17 balls with no other recognized batsman to follow, yet he cudn't finish it off for his team.

No such argument can be made about a certain Mr. Brad. If he played in this era where we have a) pitches taylor made for batsmen, b) shorter boundaries, c) restriction on bouncers, d) inclusion of so called minnows, I'd back him to score at avg of 150+
Old November 8, 2009, 12:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

TIK, who did not bogged his natural ability down and won it like a hero. Tendy is known for his ability but it was home ground and could not make it. I believe he ran out of genuine partner. Again ineptibility of Dhoni is exposed, and the need of Ganguly revisited.
Old November 15, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Tendulkar is one of the greatest no doubt but I'm not sure hez the best match winner of even his own era. It could be argued that Lara, Punter and maybe even Inzi were better finishers than him. The match in question here exemplifies my point. The little master played a gem of an innings to get his team to a comfortable 332/6 with 18 needed from 17 balls with no other recognized batsman to follow, yet he cudn't finish it off for his team.

No such argument can be made about a certain Mr. Brad. If he played in this era where we have a) pitches taylor made for batsmen, b) shorter boundaries, c) restriction on bouncers, d) inclusion of so called minnows, I'd back him to score at avg of 150+
I agree...There is no doubt about Tendulkar's class....But Lara and Inzamam in particular were miles ahead as far as winning a match was concerned....I have countless memories of Lara or Inzamam chasing down totals and seeing the team through the end from virtually hopeless positions whereas unfortunately tendulkar on far too many occasions has thrown it away right when he was needed the most....This is specially true when a tough chase is on....I believe there was an article on cricinfo a few months back where they had averages of batsmen in a winning cause...I think Inzamam was on top with Lare and Ponting right up there...tendulkar sadly was not even on the list.....So once again probably the most technically perfect batsman cricket has ever seen not necessarily the best match winner!
Old November 8, 2009, 01:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Well Played Tendulkar.
Old November 8, 2009, 01:06 AM
ODI Cricketer

Tamim's effort was hand down best. Remember Aussies were playing its C team considering the difference between BD and Zim and that of Ind and Aus it is not evn come close to Tendy's best. And Tendy is the worst finisher of the batting greats. Inzy consistently shows that how to win game single handedly (Aus with Mushy score 50 in last wicket against McGrath, Warne; Bangladesh also could certify), Lara added more than 60 with Walsh and tendy consistently could not finish game with 3/4 wickets in hand (for example Cheenai 1999 againest Aqram, Saqi)
Old November 8, 2009, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Here we go again, when you are tributing to some legend than we come out to spotlight on our own kids who are even just a born baby to international cricket. We are already making them greater than great legends, even though these kids have got entire life to hunt the mission and survive at this level, we even don't know how many of them can survive unless they have been achieved half of the achievements that those legends earned such as Tendulkar, probably then we can start to ponder are those kids are gonna be greater than this legend or that.
Old November 8, 2009, 02:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Here we go again, when you are tributing to some legend than we come out to spotlight on our own kids who are even just a born baby to international cricket. We are already making them greater than great legends, even though these kids have got entire life to hunt the mission and survive at this level, we even don't know how many of them can survive unless they have been achieved half of the achievements that those legends earned such as Tendulkar, probably then we can start to ponder are those kids are gonna be greater than this legend or that.

Agree, it all sounds a bit immature .....
Old November 8, 2009, 05:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Tendu's 175 runs innings is most classy but not the best. He ended up his innings by trying to play an adventuras shot and let his team down on a crucial moment.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 8, 2009, 05:50 AM
Cricket Legend

tamims 150 and tendus inning were the best...
Old November 8, 2009, 09:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Tamim's 150 was great.
Old November 9, 2009, 10:41 AM
Banned

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...era-sangakkara
Old November 9, 2009, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Naz_ca, always remember it is a Bangladeshi website and We here go by certain unwritten rulles of engagement, that is showing respect to elders and or to strangers, I would show respect to your father and mother even if I didn't know them and if I stumbled upon them in Scarborough, Ontario.

Please restrain yourself from calling someone a fool, retard or brainless not knowing what that person accomplished in his life. Remember, this is a Bangladesh cricket based cultural forum, not a sport bar and please remember, it is after all a sport related topic and we are simply talking about a sportsman and comparing his batting score with another, we may not agree upon what we induvidually beleive but no matter how emotional we get, we should not cross that line where we insult a person on mere disagreemant of 2 players accomplishment, especially when that person we are insulting contributed a lot to this forum, humanity and Bangladesh.

I wouldn't even bother to write this unless you and I, we spoke before regarding other things of life in this forum. Remember, you get respect only when we show respect to others.
Old November 9, 2009, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Naz_ca, always remember it is a Bangladeshi website and We here go by certain unwritten rulles of engagement, that is showing respect to elders and or to strangers, I would show respect to your father and mother even if I didn't know them and if I stumbled upon them in Scarborough, Ontario.

Please restrain yourself from calling someone a fool, retard or brainless not knowing what that person accomplished in his life. Remember, this is a Bangladesh cricket based cultural forum, not a sport bar and please remember, it is after all a sport related topic and we are simply talking about a sportsman and comparing his batting score with another, we may not agree upon what we induvidually beleive but no matter how emotional we get, we should not cross that line where we insult a person on mere disagreemant of 2 players accomplishment, especially when that person we are insulting contributed a lot to this forum, humanity and Bangladesh.

I wouldn't even bother to write this unless you and I, we spoke before regarding other things of life in this forum. Remember, you get respect only when we show respect to others.

I dont undedrstand how on the earth the topic '' respect'' fits here. I reckon this is a forum where in we can argue on topics. But In case , I offended Tiger bhai(dont know original name) , I apologise but I indirectly told what the world would think about the person who even dare to compare Naeem with Tendulkar, forget even rating him higher( many wrote Naeem>Tendu). That inning of naeem is one of the best of 2009, no doubt about it, like wise 154 of TI but in my opinion Tenduz is the best even if it was in a loosing casue.. All the time our player play one good inning, he is compared or even rated better than lara,ponting,Tendulkar,Kp etc.
Old November 9, 2009, 12:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear Naz, my apologies for all the unwanted comments.

Ground rules: Let us discuss civilized way. We can always agree to disagree at the end.

1. The whole world knows who is better. The thread is not who is better. Tendu is better than anyone who picked up a cricket bat. 30k intl runs is no joke. But that is not we are discussing here.

2. 175 is a great knock. No doubt about that. So is Conventry's 194 (NOT OUT). That is a world record. Certainly Tamim's knock was also a pressured one. Naeem's knock is also a great one. How many batsmen in world had done what Naeem has done? Do a research please. I'd take Inzi's innings but that is all about I can remember.

3. Who remembers losers? His dog and wife (even that is an iffy). Who lost the stanley cup three years back? Who cares is the answers. Super bowl? World Cup Football? Same answer. No one remembers how many times England made it to the World Cup finals. Everyone remembers they never hoisted the cup as of now.

4. Bowling strength you have argued at one point. Yes, 3rd string Aussie attack? Braken, Lee, Siddle, ABCDEF how many more missing?

Without a "W" everything else matter nought in my book. Therefore, no matter how much classy, breathe taking that innings was, it will always be less than the all the single handed winnings knocks with lesser numbers in this year. I would even rate Dhoni's winning knock over Tendu's losing knock.

Yes, 70 something is not even half of 175. But still it is a winning knock and that is the bottom line.

So refute if you can

Naeem's innings > tendu's innings and obviously Tendu's 175 is not 2009's best no matter how great it may be.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; November 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM..
Old November 9, 2009, 10:07 PM
Cricket Savant

2009 Top innings: (My opinion)
1. Coventry 194* vs Bangladesh; SR of 124.35
2. Tendulkar 163* vs NZ; SR of 124.11
3. Shoaib Malik 128 vs Ind; SR 101.58

If someone knocks Conventry's innings because of the opponent he faced, then each and every knock can be scrutinized. Tendu's knock came into a park which yielded Tendu (5), UV (6), Raina (5), Dhoni (2), Ryder (4), McCullum (3), Mills (3), Southe (2) total of 21 6's.

But Shoaib Malik's innings against India was a classic one. His first 50 came in 82 balls faced. The next 50 came in 26 balls. That was some serious shift in gear. Classic innings indeed.