facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 10, 2004, 09:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Summer Movies

The Spiderman 2 posts got me thinking about the summer movie fiesta. The summer line up may not be as big as you'd hope for but there are still some promising movies on the horizon. Before we get into summer, let's look at a couple of movies that was realeased this weekend:

Whole Ten Yards - a must see for me. The first one was hilarious and this one promises to bring big laughs. Bruce repraises his role as a mafia (ret) hitman. By the way, any one else seen the Indian remake of the whole nine yards ? It was called awara pagal deewana. Actually, that movie was 6 in 1, six movies in one. They stole scenes/ideas from - the whole nine yards, Matrix, Crouching tiger hidden dragon, MI-2, etc.

Kill Bill 2 - It was little different cause of the Quintin factor and had special effects from the 80's (intentional). If you have seen the first one, you'll probably go for the ending. If you don't care much for Quintin or cheap actions, you can avoid this movie. You won't miss much.

====
I have seen very few new movies. Anyone have any comments on the following????

- Hell boy (is it really funny ? worst the 6-9 bucks?)
- Walking Tall (regular action movie. Short, simple, but filled with action. I'll admit that I like Rck's movies, there, I said it)
- Scooby-doo 2 - pahleaseeeeeeeeeee. (I'll still get it on dvd cause I can sit thru any junk. It's in my gene. I can switch from classy to trashy in a heart beat and still be entertained).
- The Passion - Wanted to see but will wit for dvd. I trust in Mel to deliver the goods but don't have the time to sit thru a long weep-fest.
- The Lady-killers - Another movie I wanted to see but not willing to spend 12-18 (married - prices multiply) bucks on it. It's not getting the reviews that will make me spend my hard earned $$s.
- Takin lives - it will be a good thriller but the trailor gave away the killer. DUMB move.
- Starsky and Hutch - Ben Stiller is funny and has great chemistry with Owen Wilson. Let's not forget Snoop Dog.
- 50 first dates - one of the funniest movies I have seen this year. If you like Adam's style of comedy, you will love this one.

Old April 10, 2004, 10:21 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

one question, i like rock movie too. but i forgot the name of the movie starring rock besides scorepion king and walking tall. no, i'm not talking about mummy 2 where he has a very short role. but another action movie, forgot the name...
Old April 10, 2004, 10:30 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I got it: RUNDOWN
Old April 11, 2004, 07:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Tehsin,

Of all the movies listed above I think Hell boy and Passion are worth your 8 dollars. I had preconceived notions that Passion would be too religious for my taste but I came out touched by the movie. Good Cinematography even though some people might find it too much.

I have heard a lot good things about Hellboy from friends so I will catch that and let you know.
Old April 11, 2004, 01:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I'll wait on your verdict about Hellboy. Going to watch whole ten yards now. Any idea onthe Tom Hanks movie (the ladykillers)?

Rundown was funny. It had stiffler (sp) from American Pie. He is a funny kid.