facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 8, 2008, 11:09 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Shakib,Dhiman

JS is one of the best batting coach according to many batsmen who have succeeded in the international arena.

Some guys with zero cricketing knowledge and thousands of posts writes some crap about JS and you guys even think it's worth replying.

Let JS do his work. In a year's time these people will be the first ones to make hundreds of posts about JS and his achievements.

Old July 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong `un
Some guys with zero cricketing knowledge and thousands of posts writes some crap about JS and you guys even think it's worth replying.
Lol. Good one
Old July 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Miraz Vai,
drop it. If some one pretend to sleep than you can not wake him. JS is a good batting coach but proved a better con artist or a politician who live by 'Divide and Rule'.
I am off the thread
Old July 8, 2008, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrong `un
JS is one of the best batting coach according to many batsmen who have succeeded in the international arena.

Let JS do his work. In a year's time these people will be the first ones to make hundreds of posts about JS and his achievements.
No body question that he is a bad batting coach. We are questioning his suitability as head coach. BTW he was the batting coach when Aus batting failed miserbly againest the swing of Flinthof and Simon Jones. In one year team you would start to compare him with Mohsin Kamal I am quite sure not EB.
Old July 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Miraz Vai,
drop it. If some one pretend to sleep than you can not wake him. JS is a good batting coach but proved a better con artist or a politician who live by 'Divide and Rule'.
I am off the thread
Exactly. Public ghumaiya ghumaiya shopno dekhte chai, dekhte den. Oder dibashopno noshto koira labh ase?

Ar amra koijon internet a boisha boisha shotto kotha bolle o labh ki? BCB ki JS er performance evaluation korbe? BCB ki JS ke ax korbe?

Bhaijan, amra jara objectively dekhtasi, tader ke dreamer la like korbe na. Dekhen ektar por ekta personal attack. I don't care WHO the coach is. It could Greenidge, EB, Mohsin Kamal, DW or JS, as long as the team performs I am happy. I have no personal allegiance to any individual player or coach. Whoever performs, stays. Whoever doesn't gets the boot. The daydreamers don't think this way. If you point out facts that reflect poorly on JS, even though these are facts, they take it personally, as if JS is their boyfriend or husband. So korte den oder daydream. 1 bochor por jokhon dekhbe team er obostha change hoi nai, jei bottom of the pile ase shei bottom of the pile thakbe, maybe tokhon daydreamer ra reality dekhbe. Until then, let them do whatever they want.
Old July 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

JS is definitely a good batting coach. No one is questioning his credential as a batting coach, but there is a huge difference between coaching in Australia/South Africa settings and Bangladesh settings. Some people are so dumb that they cannot distinguish the differences between the two settings.

JS's problem is in his approach and attitude towards our cricket. This is why he is failing to produce any tangible improvement in any department of the game.

He is also making a mess in his first appointment as a head coach. He is not probably a head coach material.

I have no doubts that he is a good batting coach, but to make some positive change in our batting he must change his approach and attitude towards our cricket.

Lately he is trying to change his tone, he is trying to be a bit positive and less disrespectful towards our cricket. I hope he will understand his problem sooner than later. His failure means our failure and we are in no position to bear that.

I will be the happiest person in the world if he can prove me wrong and become a successful coach for Bangladesh. At the end of the day it's Bangladesh's success which matters most.
Old July 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I will be the happiest person in the world if he can prove me wrong and can become a successful coach for Bangladesh. At the end of the day it's Bangladesh's success which matters most.
100% Khati kotha, Miraz Bhai.
Old July 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
JS is definitely a good batting coach. No one is questioning his credential as a batting coach, but there is a huge difference between coaching in Australia/South Africa settings and Bangladesh settings. Some people are so dumb that they cannot distinguish the differences between the two settings.

JS's problem is in his approach and attitude towards our cricket. This is why he is failing to produce any tangible improvement in any department of the game.

He is also making a mess in his first appointment as a head coach. He is not probably a head coach material.

I have no doubts that he is a good batting coach, but to make some positive change in our batting he must change his approach and attitude towards our cricket.

Lately he is trying to change his tone, he is trying to be a bit positive and less disrespectful towards our cricket. I hope he will understand his problem sooner than later. His failure means our failure and we are in no position to bear that.

I will be the happiest person in the world if he can prove me wrong and become a successful coach for Bangladesh. At the end of the day it's Bangladesh's success which matters most.
Really agree with you 100%, couldn't say it better myself.
Old July 8, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Now some of you started screaming after seeing a stat that has no value. so tell me who is dreaming and who is looking at whats going on. If you think stat states the truth i say u know nothing about cricket.

I Do agree that in a year we all might say take him down fire him etc etc. But we have to give him enough time to get to that position. Now you guys are trowing stone blindly. It might hit the target and it might not.

All We are saying we don't want to mess the thing up.

Remember we banglis biggest problem is we want quick results and when its not there then fire the coah... Look at football. no one. Not a single reporters fans said anything against the management who ruled it and took it to the ground with them.

I am not sure why we have to change a coach in 9 months (even kamal joker got 2 years and a world cup).

Instead of talking in the dream, wakeup!!!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Speaking for myself, I am not hunting for Siddons' head. I am just frustrated that Siddons has already started bragging about bringing improvement in the team without showing any real result, at the team or individual level. It's equally frustrating to see so many of his fans have also started beating that improvement drum when in reality we are facing gigantic loses in every match.
Old July 8, 2008, 02:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Speaking for myself, I am not hunting for Siddons' head. I am just frustrated that Siddons has already started bragging about bringing improvement in the team without showing any real result, at the team or individual level. It's equally frustrating to see so many of his fans have also started beating that improvement drum when in reality we are facing gigantic loses in every match.
I have stated this i am not his fan. I would take Mciness over him anyday...

My point is since he is the coach and management is paying tons of money and they did their research and stuff. so give him time before jumping on him. Time is automatically 2 years since that time his contract gets up. But I do agree that what he started with our players (teaching him the proper way which they should have known in club cricket) is well needed for BD and that should have been started by our old coaches. Since no one started that he had to start this from the beginning and which will take time (it doesn't matter if he stays with us or not). unless some fluke master coach comes again and destroys every thing.
Old July 8, 2008, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

What the heck is going on again? Miraz stirring people up? hmm..Can't say that I have never seen it before.

RazabQ really summed it up for me. I agree.

Putting wins and losses aside for a second, I personally like the way he is teaching our players how to bat. If they can apply, which is a big if, I am hopeful that it will translate into meaningful runs/scores for our team in both versions of the game.

I, however, do not like his attitude towards ODI bowling. He packs the team with too many part time bowlers who bats a bit. I though Whatmore was bad, but, he is worse in that category. It maybe a stop gap solution until the batsmen improve. So, it is really up to the six main batsmen to score the bulk of the runs, as is the norm for all intl teams, and we can do away eventually with the the part timers. Leaving aside Rasel is also a major source of concern.
Old July 8, 2008, 03:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Shamokal printed an interview with kapali today...

In there Kapali mentioned that siddons already told him he has some problem with his batting and he will work with him to fix it... I bet Dav would just close the door on him for him to fix it by him self...

Last edited by akabir77; July 8, 2008 at 03:26 PM..
Old July 8, 2008, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
Shamokal printed an interview with kapali today...

In there Kapali mentioned that siddons already told him he has some problem with his batting and he will work with to fix it... I bet Dav would just close the door on him for him to fix it by him self...
Or,he will stop talking to him for his problems. That guy just took money for four years. He didn't teach anything technical. Some people praise him for his man management skills. I don't see it that way. He shut the door on many players by not talking to them about their problems. Instead, as if too punish, if picked, those players in his doghouse were jerked along up down the batting card. Performers like Bashar and Rafiq during his tenure learned their trade way before DW showed up and in local leagues.
Old July 8, 2008, 03:22 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

If you don't give him chance to put his imprint on the team not only we will fall back but who ever takes over will have a hard time to rebuild. He just reloaded his roster. Let him aim and fire. At least give him his two years. We will catch the big boys and fight in Test matches. That is his goal. Batting 4 sessions would end all the Ls (loses) we are having. You crawl, you walk, you run and then do sprints. You draw first before dreaming of winning test.
Old July 8, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

It is also a tragedy that in four years DW couldn't see what everyone else saw minus a few, that JO was a worthless opening material. JS sent him packing for good after watching a few sessions of net. He has got my two years of support right away for that crucial observation and subsequent decision. HaBa follows him after that. I know certain folks are blinded by the loyalty to HaBa-DW axis, and would never give JS any credit because he wiped the old slate clean. Most of JS's viral detractors have emotional attachment of some sort from the previous regime. So, they are not reliable critiques.
Old July 8, 2008, 04:10 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Shakib,Dhiman

Thank god JS didn't go for any instant success to please a few shortsighted idiots and saw the bigger picture.
Old July 8, 2008, 04:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

That was very well said Beamer.
Old July 9, 2008, 01:52 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
What the heck is going on again? Miraz stirring people up? hmm..Can't say that I have never seen it before.

RazabQ really summed it up for me. I agree.

Putting wins and losses aside for a second, I personally like the way he is teaching our players how to bat. If they can apply, which is a big if, I am hopeful that it will translate into meaningful runs/scores for our team in both versions of the game.

I, however, do not like his attitude towards ODI bowling. He packs the team with too many part time bowlers who bats a bit. I though Whatmore was bad, but, he is worse in that category. It maybe a stop gap solution until the batsmen improve. So, it is really up to the six main batsmen to score the bulk of the runs, as is the norm for all intl teams, and we can do away eventually with the the part timers. Leaving aside Rasel is also a major source of concern.
Good Post.

Never did I enjoy BC so much since I start enjoying it after polarisation over JS. After all we all like "BAK_BITONDA"
Old July 9, 2008, 05:27 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: saqib, mushfiq, mash

hmmm wow ive never seen BC soo divided... i dropped by to urge people to read this following article.... tells the view of one of the bcb members.... it seems finally they have stopped chatafying siddons pa!
http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=44896
Old July 9, 2008, 05:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
It is also a tragedy that in four years DW couldn't see what everyone else saw minus a few, that JO was a worthless opening material. JS sent him packing for good after watching a few sessions of net. He has got my two years of support right away for that crucial observation and subsequent decision. HaBa follows him after that. I know certain folks are blinded by the loyalty to HaBa-DW axis, and would never give JS any credit because he wiped the old slate clean. Most of JS's viral detractors have emotional attachment of some sort from the previous regime. So, they are not reliable critiques.
I think Habibul and JO were all on their way out regardless of JS. This is because the old guard in the form of rafique, Pilot and Jo were all being sidelined even before JS took over as coach...
Old July 9, 2008, 06:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

[QUOTE=Razi;711824]Who said we were not beaten by any associates or Zimbabwe in his last two years??? We lost a series against a very weak Zimbabwean side in 2006 and it clearly shows how inconsistent we were during Dav's era.
[QUOTE]

Yes, now I thinkg about it we also lost to Ireland in the WC, they're obviously an associate side...
Old August 30, 2008, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

a good time to revive the thread. I know I would have to take a back seat after second match. Probably we would win the next match (or a decent fight back). That is the nature of Bangladesh team. I would be more than happy to hide myself them from JS apologist; But still that could not hide the abysmal performance of the day
Old August 31, 2008, 01:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
a good time to revive the thread. I know I would have to take a back seat after second match. Probably we would win the next match (or a decent fight back). That is the nature of Bangladesh team. I would be more than happy to hide myself them from JS apologist; But still that could not hide the abysmal performance of the day
I disagree. We didn't win a single game or even been able to put real good fight since the WC.
Old September 2, 2008, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I disagree. We didn't win a single game or even been able to put real good fight since the WC.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdesh...ch/282688.html

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvbd...ch/293483.html

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakvb...ch/343761.html

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/asiac...ch/335352.html