facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 5, 2008, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Default Impact of IPL on Bangladesh Cricket

As it appears, IPL is all over. The stars are shining with their bats/wickets and crowds are enjoying the mega-hit. Existing and past ( rightly called) stars are propelling the cricket of India and will be creating more players. But what about Bangladeshi players absence in these mega-leagues? None of our players deserves to be in the final eleven as the international stars as the gaps are pretty evident...

I think the impact of IPL/ICL will be that in the future ODI's will create more excitements..more runs and more strategic ploys. Current IPL players will play with more confidence as they have been playing with and against all these international stars, had to play with all they got and got rewarded or punished. Future players of India will benefit of playing against McGrath/Pointing/Pollock/Sangakkara... But Bangladeshi players missed out the action and may be even behind temperment and strategies in future shorter version of crickets. Yes, most of the players probably have been watching the games and regretting their inconsistencies but being out of the "real" action will create something that we need to think about. It would be unwise to get into bashing Indian cricket or thinking of Bangladesh Cricket to be sufficient with 2nd grade Pakistani players,,, we need to think how do we get our players into having the nerves to finish games, get clean hits, play strategically and be mentally tough to overcome future 350 plus scores against us ( and get rid of the mindset of scoring 240 will give us a win like ridiculous fantasy)

Old May 5, 2008, 09:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Be it Test or ODIs per innings, against BD any opponent needs to have 5/7 good balls against Tamim, JS, Shakib, Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Dhiman, Mashrafe. For the rest, (SN, Aftab, Ash) they need few bad balls and those player will gift them their wicket anyways.

I am glad our players are not playing in the IPL.
Old May 5, 2008, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

I am slowly turning against IPL, why are the other boards letting India develop their players? I think other countries should stand upto India, they should demand changes. Like 6 foreign players being allowed to play instead of 4
Old May 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
I am slowly turning against IPL, why are the other boards letting India develop their players? I think other countries should stand upto India, they should demand changes. Like 6 foreign players being allowed to play instead of 4
Indian board is developing its players at its own cost.They are making an investment and hence they deserve the rewards (if any)

About letting more than 4 international players, according to me 4 is a stretch and should reduce it to 3.If we were to have 6 internationals and lets say 3 Indian stars (Indian audience would be furious with this number..afterall they would want to see more than 3 Indian stars)..we would be left with 2 for the Indian kids.Afterall this is a aimed at getting the Indian talent out putting them against a tough opposition, that includes the traunt Indian stars who rarely play for the Ranji's.Having palyers like James Hopes and ilk who are medicore at best will not help the younsters.I rather have a Ranji player instead of him.

At the end of the day IPL is aimed at Indian cricket targetting the Indian audience.The international players are included (for a hefty fee) to add to the star value and to give (again) the young Indians the needed exposure.

I guess you are missing the I in the IPL.The same would be for the proposed EPL (english) and PPL(?) the Pakisthani equivalant.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
The same would be for the proposed EPL (english) and PPL(?) the Pakisthani equivalant.
Please dont tell me there's going to be a PPL!
Old May 5, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

With a maximum of four overseas players in a starting eleven, its not a major surprise only one BD player was drafted and none have even got to play.

If BCCI were really kind they would would include Bangladeshi as local resident players, yeh I know you might think bangladesh cricket is above charity, but WE NEED all the help we can get.
Old May 5, 2008, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

But thats the thing the Indian public dont want to see the Indian cricketers, if they did they would go and watch the Ranji Trophy or Deodhar etc. But do they? No, they dont, now I know the stars players arent available for those matches but even when they are no cares about them, but Indian public does care about IPL because of the foreign stars along with their favourate locals play on it. So to add to the crowd's enjoyment and to contribute greater towards world cricket they should allow 6 foreign players. Say there were 6 foreigners in a team, that would leave 5 spots available for Indians. You could have 3 superstar Indians in each XI and two promising stars(Shikar Dhawan, Tiwary etc.) Wouldnt that be enough? Whats the point of having U-19 Indians playing? Most of the viewers arent die-hard fans who think about player development and stuff they just want entertainment.

Last edited by bdchamp20; May 5, 2008 at 11:21 AM..
Old May 5, 2008, 11:19 AM
Test Cricketer

there should be a special quota for BD players....they will never get a chance under this tag.."foreign player"...
Old May 5, 2008, 12:12 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Im surprised to see some of us even mentioning of including Bangladeshi as local players/special quota!!

...can you guys please tell me why would Indians consider Bangladeshis as local players? Are we Indians?
then why not pakistanis and srilankans?
whats next? you want Bangladeshi players in the indian national team!

Seems like we cant get enough of free rides!
Free rides, free rides and more free rides.

As Bharat mentioned, this is IPL, with a capital I, which stands for India.

Teams are spending hundreds of millions of dollars. Amount of money being thrown in the game is like never been seen before in cricket. And with all this efforts and hard work, offcourse their deifinite target would be to invest in thier own future.

The Board has been very smart in including couple of youngsters in the team. It is needless to mention the immense benefits, which i bet India would start to enjoy in few years time.

Our players did not get the chance, for simply lets face it, they are not good enough.
Their performance in the international arena has not been anything sparkling to invest thousands into them.

One or two cameos does not make you a superstar. You need consistency at the highest level and gotta be a proven warrior.

But this is not the end of the world i'd say. This is just the first version of IPL and there are many more to come. This year they didnt, hopefully they'll earn their rights next year.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 5, 2008, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Well said Rabz. I am very glad that our player are so crap that they are not even considered for 20/20. If ashfluke, aftab selected they would have never developed (anyway they would not be developed) to be a good player and in the process would stop the development of Tamim, Zunaid, Riyad, Raquibul.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
But thats the thing the Indian public dont want to see the Indian cricketers, if they did they would go and watch the Ranji Trophy or Deodhar etc. But do they? No, they dont, now I know the stars players arent available for those matches but even when they are no cares about them, but Indian public does care about IPL because of the foreign stars along with their favourate locals play on it. So to add to the crowd's enjoyment and to contribute greater towards world cricket they should allow 6 foreign players. Say there were 6 foreigners in a team, that would leave 5 spots available for Indians. You could have 3 superstar Indians in each XI and two promising stars(Shikar Dhawan, Tiwary etc.) Wouldnt that be enough? Whats the point of having U-19 Indians playing? Most of the viewers arent die-hard fans who think about player development and stuff they just want entertainment.
No man just 2 upcoming players defeats the whole puprose of an IPL.That is one of the main objectve ..hence I believe 4 international playes is a fair (if not too generous)call.

Indian public dont go in droves to watch Ranji trophy for two reasons ..1.Its a 5 dayer 2.No stars. IPL is a great idea (albeit a copied one) as it adresses the two in a great way.Mind you the ODI tourney's we have (Team Red, Team green etc ..) with all the stars are 80-90% full. Now add the Indian stars,the Bollywood,the money and some international stars we have the IPL.

The basic premise here is that the IPL is for the Indian audience and for unearthing Indian talent similar to the English County where some stars are bought for the benefit of the county.This is no different..

I am not averse to a special treatment to the BD playes ..say one spot in every team.But again I would still keep it to 4 internationals with atleast 4 Indian youngsters making the cut.

And mind you in 1-2 years you would see atleast 5-6 BD players in the regular units in IPL.Its one more motivation for the BD young lads to perform.I am sure Ash would be kicking himslef for not making the cut with his immense potential..same goes for Mash and Tamim.These guys dont need favours they will make the cut for themselves.

Last edited by bharat; May 5, 2008 at 12:32 PM..
Old May 5, 2008, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I hope IPL will motivate the BD players to perform better so that they can get in IPL and earn huge amount of cash.
Old May 6, 2008, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

At the moment it seems that the Indian players are performing better than foreign players. an Indian is a top batsman, also the top bowler. IMO, I feel that the IPL should only have four foreign players in their whole squad. They should give their own Indian players more exposure to play and to earn some money. they are wasting millions of dollars on foreign players who are under performing. Also, I feel that they should give the good players of the Asian countries priority.
Old May 6, 2008, 07:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: MASHRAFE MORTAZA

the ipl should motivate our players.. there are many more of these to come.. our players should be ashamed that they could not make it this year and try to do it in the years to come..
ipl is very benificial for the indians.. the youngsters are getting exposed to great stars which will in turn improve indian cricket a lot.. players will have more confidence.. bowlers will bowl even better in odi's and tests coz 20/20 is tough on bowlers.. if they can make something out of that.. they'll be great in other versions.. and i feel 4 foreigners are just enough.. but i would like it if they gave a bit of priority to the asian players.. but it is not to be so..
its a fact that bd players were not good enough to be in the ipl this year.. this should make them think the state of our countries cricket and improve so that people notice them.. but i still wish a few of our players were there in the ipl.. it would have done them a world of good..
Old May 6, 2008, 09:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Default BD Players

I donot understand why guys like Tamim/Ashraful and Mashrafe cannot make it to any of the teams. I think they will do better than many of the free riding foreign players who have done nothing in the league.
Old May 6, 2008, 11:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

ipler [] nai

Last edited by reverse_swing; May 6, 2008 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: Please maintain a pleasant reading environment at all times.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Very well said Rabz. We are simply not good enough.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

yeah just as good as my avater ...... lolz
Old May 7, 2008, 07:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHABAN
I donot understand why guys like Tamim/Ashraful and Mashrafe cannot make it to any of the teams. I think they will do better than many of the free riding foreign players who have done nothing in the league.

Completely agree! e.g. Kallis got run out like a schoolboy. many of these foreign players are under performing. I was watching a review of the IPL yesterday, and they mentioned that when a player is part of a team, even if he fails, the team carries him, but here it is personal performance which will count, so the analyst said that the IPL will address this issue next year, IMO, they will get rid of players with poor performance, and bring in new players. The only SA player who is doing very well is Pollock, the rest are crap.
Old May 7, 2008, 09:59 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Our BD player yet to debut in IPL, Abdur Razzak is playing for Bangalore Royal Chalangers and Rahul dravid is the team captain. Its looks like he will never allow Razzak to play. They have played 7 games so far and lost 5 of them, I believe that our razzak will good in IPL and dravid knows and that's why he is not letting him play. If it goes like this then I think razzak shoul come beck to Bangladesh so that he can parctise with his team mate's.
Old May 7, 2008, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifur81
Our BD player yet to debut in IPL, Abdur Razzak is playing for Bangalore Royal Chalangers and Rahul dravid is the team captain. Its looks like he will never allow Razzak to play. They have played 7 games so far and lost 5 of them, I believe that our razzak will good in IPL and dravid knows and that's why he is not letting him play. If it goes like this then I think razzak shoul come beck to Bangladesh so that he can parctise with his team mate's.
Razzak is competing against Kallis, misbah, cameron white, steyn, ross taylor.

Simply too much, he'll have to wait till these player (-censored-) off some where
Old May 7, 2008, 10:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
there should be a special quota for BD players....they will never get a chance under this tag.."foreign player"...
Then the Mollahs will be furious, terming it as 'India desh dokhol kore nilo re'
Old May 9, 2008, 12:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

if you love cricket and want excellent experience, join first class cricket; IPL won't teach you much speaking from a standard cricketing perspective.

All Bangladeshi players should join English first class league to become better players. it is decent quality. if not 1st string, try 2nd string.
Old May 10, 2008, 01:36 AM
Cricket Legend

It will mean less cricket for bangladesh.
Old May 10, 2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Bpl