facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 6, 2013, 10:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Our T20 form: 7 out of the past 8 matches lost

I am appalled with some of the users commending the team for their hard fought defeat. We have lost 7 out of the last 8 T20 matches and with the World Cup looming and the whole world watching we need to be seriously alarmed. I don't know what the exact causes are but one thing is for sure. We seriously need to pick a team that is capable of scoring runs and scoring them at a fast pace. We need to evaluate how come players like Mominul eventhough are highly talented and desesrve a place in Tests and tested in ODIs but not at all suitable for T20 are selected. How players like Shabbir Rahman are left out of the squad. We need to establish roles, have a solid yet fiery middle order and having Naeem and Mahmudullah two of the most similar types of players in Bangladesh will not help in variety and providing fire power for a quick flurry.

We need to seriously look at how to do well in this system, there can be no excuses. We are ranked way way below, I don't even want to mention it here, but first step is to select the best team and establish a clear goal with defined roles something that is clearly lacking in the current team. With Shakib and Tamim back I really hope we pull things back, and those who are thinking it's ok to lose this match because they are not around go back to the top of the thread and then go to the ICC T20 ranking page. It is not ok!

Old November 6, 2013, 11:07 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I am appalled with some of the users commending the team for their hard fought defeat. We have lost 7 out of the last 8 T20 matches and with the World Cup looming and the whole world watching we need to be seriously alarmed. I don't know what the exact causes are but one thing is for sure. We seriously need to pick a team that is capable of scoring runs and scoring them at a fast pace. We need to evaluate how come players like Mominul eventhough are highly talented and desesrve a place in Tests and tested in ODIs but not at all suitable for T20 are selected. How players like Shabbir Rahman are left out of the squad. We need to establish roles, have a solid yet fiery middle order and having Naeem and Mahmudullah two of the most similar types of players in Bangladesh will not help in variety and providing fire power for a quick flurry.

We need to seriously look at how to do well in this system, there can be no excuses. We are ranked way way below, I don't even want to mention it here, but first step is to select the best team and establish a clear goal with defined roles something that is clearly lacking in the current team. With Shakib and Tamim back I really hope we pull things back, and those who are thinking it's ok to lose this match because they are not around go back to the top of the thread and then go to the ICC T20 ranking page. It is not ok!
Couldn't agree more! But BCB doesn't have the ball to give youngsters a chance in t20, specially who showed promise in bpl. They will rather stick with Nayeem/Riyad few other who has been proven failure in this format. A gd player in test/ODI Shouldn't buy a spot in T20 unless they PERFORM. Amla is an great example...

T20 should not be considered from ODI/Test form. We will continue to suck if we pick players based on their Test/ODI form in the future and lose to Qatar in the WC qualifier.
Old November 6, 2013, 11:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

shabbir,taijul should get chance
Old November 6, 2013, 11:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

It's true we are mediocre in this format of the game.

Our batsman get overboard at times and our bowlers ball length too often

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 6, 2013, 01:11 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

The side already had Zia, Shamsur, Mominul, Al Amin and to some extent Gazi (played his 5th) who are new and fresh. With Tamim and Shakib out of squad, i dont think it would have been wise to bring some more new players. Naeem and Riyad though not ideal T20 players, was far from the reason for todays loss. Its players like Mashrafe, Raj, Gazi that has to take the blame. Its unacceptable to let the opposition score 200+ in a T20 match. The wicket can be an absolute batting paradise but the opposition has no Gayle, AB, Dhoni, Warner, Kohli, Morgan. Not to take anything away from the fresh and talented New Zealand side, but Bangladesh could have done much better than that.

We need to sort our bowling for this format and Mushy needs to realize that the ODI stars are not necessarily T20 experts. I hope Shafiul returns from injury as he is a fairly decent T20 bowler.
if the Zimbabwe series goes through, it should atleast be 3 T20s and selectors needs to find a set squad from these 3 who can compete in the world cup

At the end of the day, I am not worried about this format
Old November 6, 2013, 01:45 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The biggest disappointment in this format is Tamim. He has a strike rate of 109 which means he huffs and puffs and hits boundaries but at the same time plays out far too many dot balls. It means we are not getting the flyng start we need at the top of the order. The middle order comprising of Shakib , mshfiq and Nasir are the match winners with the bat but we seriously need to think about a good number 3 and a couple of lower order all rounders with power hitting capabilities.
Old November 6, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

that's why i wasn't opposed to trying soumya though he didn't play, shabbir would have been a good inclusion also. they certainly did better chasing this big target than i expected thouugh, especially with the loss of all those early wickets. definitely need to figure out a good team combination for this format.
Old November 6, 2013, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
The side already had Zia, Shamsur, Mominul, Al Amin and to some extent Gazi (played his 5th) who are new and fresh. With Tamim and Shakib out of squad, i dont think it would have been wise to bring some more new players. Naeem and Riyad though not ideal T20 players, was far from the reason for todays loss. Its players like Mashrafe, Raj, Gazi that has to take the blame. Its unacceptable to let the opposition score 200+ in a T20 match. The wicket can be an absolute batting paradise but the opposition has no Gayle, AB, Dhoni, Warner, Kohli, Morgan. Not to take anything away from the fresh and talented New Zealand side, but Bangladesh could have done much better than that.

We need to sort our bowling for this format and Mushy needs to realize that the ODI stars are not necessarily T20 experts. I hope Shafiul returns from injury as he is a fairly decent T20 bowler.
if the Zimbabwe series goes through, it should atleast be 3 T20s and selectors needs to find a set squad from these 3 who can compete in the world cup

At the end of the day, I am not worried about this format
zia is ridiculous to include as an opening batsman though, might be able to hit boundaries but plays a lot of dot balls to and is also easy to clean up. i think shamsur and al amin were worth trying out, not sure on mominul, i'm not sure he's ready for the t20 format.
Old November 6, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I too do not understand inclusion of Zia in the national team set-up. I thought our days of jodi-laigga-jai cricket were well and truly in the rearview mirror. I guess I was wrong.
Old November 6, 2013, 04:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I thought we did very well yesterday.... One more small step towards success. Its prob the best T20 international we played for a long time. We just needed 3 more hits and we would have won.
Old November 6, 2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
zia is ridiculous to include as an opening batsman though, might be able to hit boundaries but plays a lot of dot balls to and is also easy to clean up. i think shamsur and al amin were worth trying out, not sure on mominul, i'm not sure he's ready for the t20 format.
not complaining about trying out new players...this is T20 cricket, so no harm bringing some fresh blood. I was merely replying to those who kept hinting Shabbir and co would have been better than players like Naeem and Riyad. I think Mominul should focus on test and ODI. Shamsur is still our most likely partner with Tamim for the WC... so better give him some more chances... I was impressed with Al Amin's aggression. Hope he can improve through DPl and come back strong.

Zia... again, we only have slot for one seam allrounder for home tournaments... and thats Mash when he is fit... In form or not. So Zia has no chance of making the squad even as a bowler and slogger.... Opener? I would rather have Gazi open than Zia
Old November 6, 2013, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

If the T20 WC started tomorrow, the squad would look like this

1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Shakib
4. Mushy
5. Naeem
6. Nasir
7. Riyad
8. Gazi
9. Mash
10. Razzak
11. Rubel

Subs: Zia, Anamul, Shafiul, Al-Amin

Contenders: Mominul, Shabbir, Milon, Soumya

From this lineup, we look pretty good. I'd say our pacers and spinners are pretty much set. The batting on the other hand is still a bit uncertain. Although Naeem and Riyad did pretty well last match, they still aren't sure bets. Mominul and Zia failed to prove themselves. Anamul is also very much on the fringe. In the upcoming series, I want to see some chopping and changing so some of the other contenders get a shot.
Old November 6, 2013, 09:58 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I think we need to go back and look at the batters who performed during the last two BPL editions to select the players we want to experiment with for the undecided spots in the batting order. I seriously do not like the idea of Ryad at 7. The batsman at 7 has to be able to close out games and will be under immense pressure during the crunch games.

I think Anamul has done reasonably well in this format for Dhaka Gladiators to be given a shot at no. 3.

I really hate the fact that, because Anamul failed in the Test series, we are now dropping him for T-20s. He would have been much better for us than Zia in the batting order. Look at how England is treating it's own young talent Joe Root. Besides the one big century probably at lords in the Ashes, He has largely failed at the top of the order but that didn't prevent England from picking him in the next series or limited over formats but what they opted to do is to move him down from the opening spot and give the opening spot to Carberry. All we like to do is go for a witch-hunt when something doesn't work and next you thing you know a promising career is derailed.
Old November 6, 2013, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I think we need to go back and look at the batters who performed during the last two BPL editions to select the players we want to experiment with for the undecided spots in the batting order. I seriously do not like the idea of Ryad at 7. The batsman at 7 has to be able to close out games and will be under immense pressure during the crunch games.

I think Anamul has done reasonably well in this format for Dhaka Gladiators to be given a shot at no. 3.

I really hate the fact that, because Anamul failed in the Test series, we are now dropping him for T-20s. He would have been much better for us than Zia in the batting order. Look at how England is treating it's own young talent Joe Root. Besides the one big century probably at lords in the Ashes, He has largely failed at the top of the order but that didn't prevent England from picking him in the next series or limited over formats but what they opted to do is to move him down from the opening spot and give the opening spot to Carberry. All we like to do is go for a witch-hunt when something doesn't work and next you thing you know a promising career is derailed.
Anamul couldbe tested as an opener but hey we wanted to gamble with Zia! It didn't pay off though.

We did not bowl well, but in this format teams will score beyond 200 and we have to accept that. Question is have to developed enough to chase down 200+ in 20 overs? No.

1. We did not rotate strike enough, look at the dot balls we had on Wednesday. We have hit almost same number of fours and sixes as NZ have but still we lost. it's because of the singles taken by them. 1 single per over would give us 20 extra runs, think about it: 20 runs and we could have easily won!

2. We try to hit every ball out of the park. That's the truth, you can't hit every ball so rotate the strike, it helps to settle and understand the situation.

3. Practice, practice and pracice. We need to practice more, more games needed.

4. Get the team combination right. Drop Riyad, get someone else. Not this sissy.

5. Give your instant best bowler the maximum number of overs. Al Amin was underused last night.

Otherwise we didn't do that bad

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old November 7, 2013, 12:48 AM
MLC World Series I

This should be our starting XI!

1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Shakib
4. Mushy
5. Nasir
6. Milon
7. Shabbir
8. Gazi
9. Zia
10. Mashrafe
11. Razzak
Old November 7, 2013, 01:15 AM

As Bangladesh continues to struggle in T20, one option could be to play a completely young and fresh squad. teams like England, Australia started doing this a while ago.

we have Tamim-Shakib-Mushy-Nasir that we cant drop. Other than these 4 players, everyone can be replaceable.

How about a squad like this,

Tamim
Shamsur
Anamul
Mushy
Shakib
Nasir
Milon
Shabbir
Enamul huq Jnr
Taskin
Al Amin

Extras: Gazi, Naeem, Shafiul, Raj

If I had to be even more dynamic, I would put Tamim as standby and play Anamul at 1 and play Gazi as another spinner.
Old November 7, 2013, 01:34 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

^^^ i like the batting order but the bowling looks too inexperienced
I would have Mash/Shafiul and try either Al Amin or Taskin as the second pacer
Gazi also should be preferred ahead of Enamul Jr
Old November 7, 2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
^^^ i like the batting order but the bowling looks too inexperienced
I would have Mash/Shafiul and try either Al Amin or Taskin as the second pacer
Gazi also should be preferred ahead of Enamul Jr
Why Gazi? Didnt Enamul perform better than Gazi in both BPL? I would still prefer Gazi but from what I have seen so far, he needs a lot of guidance from Mushtaq Ahmed to be an effective T20 player
Old November 7, 2013, 02:26 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Why Gazi? Didnt Enamul perform better than Gazi in both BPL? I would still prefer Gazi but from what I have seen so far, he needs a lot of guidance from Mushtaq Ahmed to be an effective T20 player
Gazi for having the ability to take wickets with the new ball at the start of an innings. An also when we have Shakib as the Left arm option it would be good to have Gazi for the off spin option
Old November 7, 2013, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

TI
Shuvo
Shakib
Mushy
Bijoy
Nasir
Shabbir
Zia/Soumya
Gazi
Taskin
Al Amin

No LaLa. No Mash. No Naeem. No Riyad.

And we have a XI capavle of beting any side on its day. Just need to get our heads fixed and play acording to the situation with bat and bowl smartly with the right fields.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Gazi has more brains than any of our other spinners apart from Shak. Other players are in need of dropping like Naeem and Riyad. We need a fresh side full of fresh faces.
Old November 7, 2013, 05:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Talk about being out of form

When you play t20s once every 5 months you are meant to struggle.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 7, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun
This should be our starting XI!

1. Tamim
2. Shamsur
3. Shakib
4. Mushy
5. Nasir
6. Milon
7. Shabbir
8. Gazi
9. Zia
10. Mashrafe
11. Razzak
Agree with this squad except having Zia in. You saw how he got smashed in the last match? We need a bowler that has that extra bit of nip. Somebody like Rubel, Shafiul or Al-Amin alongsides Mash.

Hope selectors and team management are thinking outside the box and thinking about the likes of Milon and Shabbir.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

We suck in T20s but our last two matches suggest that our batting has improved a lot, and agree with MHRAM, we only play 2-3 T20Is every year, so can't expect much.
Old November 7, 2013, 02:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Until we don't get some good pacers we will not start winning regularly in T20Is. Only spinners cannot win T20s regularly for us. Pacers having the quality and skills to hit yorker length at will are must for T20 team. Good variations are also important.