facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 9, 2020, 08:17 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,733
Default This is the end of Banglacricket.com

Yes, there will be people posting when we start playing Cricket again but....


It has been 3 plus days (100 hours has past) ANYONE, I repeat ANYONE has made a post here in this Cricket subforum. This is the lifeline. I don't see or hear any beat. That is just mind boggling.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old July 9, 2020, 08:18 AM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,733

Social Media took over online cricket chatting sites. It had to happen one day I guess.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 9, 2020, 10:24 AM
Shingara's Avatar
Shingara Shingara is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 6, 2016
Location: USAF AWACS
Favorite Player: Pilot
Posts: 2,009

On social media, you find out who someone is. On forums, you don't know the person behind the nick.
BC is here to stay and always will.

I posted a post about discussing our current team players just the other day.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 10, 2020, 07:59 AM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,778

I would say that it’s dormant rather than dead
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 21, 2020, 02:47 AM
Vahroone's Avatar
Vahroone Vahroone is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2014
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 392

Well, the rest of us concluded a long time ago that this cricket thing is just not made for Bangladesh, so be it.

And there's little point in there being a satellite if there is no home planet to begin with. Not to mention a satellite that suffers from below par moderation and excessive use of the ban hammer all through its existence.
__________________
About time Bangladesh turned on the afterburners and started winning tests and tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 21, 2020, 02:34 PM
shovon13 shovon13 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 27, 2004
Location: Riverside
Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Posts: 1,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Well, the rest of us concluded a long time ago that this cricket thing is just not made for Bangladesh, so be it.

And there's little point in there being a satellite if there is no home planet to begin with. Not to mention a satellite that suffers from below par moderation and excessive use of the ban hammer all through its existence.
That's a good effort, especially from a non-Bangladeshi.

I personally had my involvement drop in banglacricket for the following reasons -
1. professional world takes a lot of time commitment.
2. marriage takes a lot of time commitment.
however, even after accounting for the above - I'd still be involved more in the forum but for the frustrating comments that I have to read through. This reason applies to my lack involvement in other social media as well.

I still lurk from time to time. But I try to avoid adding to the melting pot of frustration by posting my own useless comments and replies.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 22, 2020, 08:40 AM
Vahroone's Avatar
Vahroone Vahroone is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 31, 2014
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovon13
however, even after accounting for the above - I'd still be involved more in the forum but for the frustrating comments that I have to read through. This reason applies to my lack involvement in other social media as well.

I still lurk from time to time. But I try to avoid adding to the melting pot of frustration by posting my own useless comments and replies.
Exactly. Find something else that you folks are good at and start a forum around that. Cricket is clearly not it. Frustration will be a word used only few and far between.

The only Bangladeshi "cricket fans" that will then be left here are Class-A masochists who will still be hoping Suhrawadi Shuvo is the second coming of Jacques Kallis.
__________________
About time Bangladesh turned on the afterburners and started winning tests and tournaments.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 22, 2020, 11:21 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Well, the rest of us concluded a long time ago that this cricket thing is just not made for Bangladesh, so be it.
I mean of course winning the U-19 World Cup certainly proves your point
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 22, 2020, 12:30 PM
shovon13 shovon13 is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: January 27, 2004
Location: Riverside
Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman
Posts: 1,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I mean of course winning the U-19 World Cup certainly proves your point
Then there is the time when Shakib scored 606 runs at 97 strike rate during the world cup. And when Mushfiq scored 144 runs in an Asia cup match against Srilanka where the third highest score (between both teams) was 29. And when Imrul scored 51 and 150 against Pakistan to draw a test match.

And then there is the classic. When three teenagers scored half centuries to win a world cup match against India that had some of their all time best players.

I think Bangladesh is pretty good at Cricket.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 25, 2020, 04:56 AM
Shehwar's Avatar
Shehwar Shehwar is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 5, 2004
Location: England
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 6,668

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Exactly. Find something else that you folks are good at and start a forum around that. Cricket is clearly not it. Frustration will be a word used only few and far between.

The only Bangladeshi "cricket fans" that will then be left here are Class-A masochists who will still be hoping Suhrawadi Shuvo is the second coming of Jacques Kallis.
Didn’t like the signs of things to come with that Under - 19 World Cup defeat eh? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 26, 2020, 08:15 AM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,465

The fact that you guys didn't even understand what vharoone is trying to say through his corny comments is the reason why BC is dying.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 5, 2020, 06:36 PM
NoName's Avatar
NoName NoName is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: April 9, 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 9,908

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
The fact that you guys didn't even understand what vharoone is trying to say through his corny comments is the reason why BC is dying.
Lol its cause no ones around to call him out
__________________
"How the little piglets would grunt if they knew how the old boar suffered."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket