facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 13, 2012, 03:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Fight! Fight!

Turbo took the patriot to the cleaners and BanglaTiger is now drying the laundry.

I am a passionate follower of the Prem but follow no particular team with passion and I do have to agree that the absence of Rio is a shame.
Hah...United supporter, but I can put club loyalties aside when it comes down to it. Phil Jones for example, should not be in the England squad, he simply isn't ready...his versatility is what got him in, but I just don't feel he is good enough. What he said simply made no sense...not to mention, Martin Kelly plays most of his football at RB not center back.

Rio has always been slightly under appreciated by the English masses...he is a cultured defender, very rarely does he dive in for last ditch tackles, and is not the blood and thunder type that the crowds love to champion. There is no doubt, he isn't the player he was 3-4 seasons ago, and has lost a yard of pace, but his reading of the game continues to be excellent and he uses his experience to sniff out the danger and get into position before hand, covering for his lost step.

He had a superb season for United - leading a back line that was decimated by injury and helped out a youngster in goal in his 1st season at the club.

Old June 13, 2012, 03:25 AM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
So who are people betting on to win today? Germany or Netherlands?
My money is on Germany
Deutschland, and Deutschland only. Eight more hours!
Old June 13, 2012, 03:31 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I am not a serious football fan and didn't really care for any of the teams since my favorite team is busy narrowly beating a Brazil youth team these days... (sigh)

during the start of the tournament i wasn't sure of who to root for but having seen some of the games now i can say I liked the way Italy and Russia played so far.
Old June 13, 2012, 03:49 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
So who are people betting on to win today? Germany or Netherlands?
My money is on Germany
Germans definitely. The Netherlands have a suspect defence, and I expect Ozil, Muller & Podolski to carve open them easily. And moreover, their key players, RvP & Robben had an average game last match. Van der Vaart should start ahead of de Jong. And I wonder if, Huntelaar will be given a go.

Germans will be looking to keep the possession while Netherlands will be using the flanks and counter attack perhaps. Should be an exciting game.
Old June 13, 2012, 05:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I was given to understand that it was Terry v Rio for a place in the England squad due to the incident earlier in the season between Terry and Rio's brother. If that's the case then I'd have to go with Terry, despite his despicable character.
Old June 13, 2012, 07:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Looking forward to the Dutch getting Blitzkrieged tonight because of their 2.5 problems:

1 Robben is 100% selfish. He always dekes a couple of players and then takes an utterly useless shot on goal with NO chance of going in. Cost his club and country the ultimate honor in the past and will continue to do so.

+

1 Sneijder is 100% unselfish. He never takes a shot, always looking for someone else around the open lane or the open net to do the job. Gutless and scared of taking the ultimate responsibility, he's the Mohammad Mahmudullah Riyad of soccer.

+

.5 RvP is 50% spaz, kinda like a Danesh Kaneria with slightly above average motor skills.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 13, 2012, 08:03 AM
Banned

Not too sure about the Sneijder description...he has 24 international goals from 80 odd matches, which is a pretty good return for a non-striker, and he averages 5-6 goals a season at club level. His problem is injury - he is so f-ing fragile, breaks down constantly.

I wonder if he is 100% fit.
Old June 13, 2012, 08:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Don't get me wrong. He's a great player and I love watching him play. I just wish he'd shoot more often. There's no reason a player like him, someone who creates as many good chances as he does, shouldn't have at least 40 goals by now IMHO
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 13, 2012, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Don't get me wrong. He's a great player and I love watching him play. I just wish he'd shoot more often. There's no reason a player like him, someone who creates as many good chances as he does, shouldn't have at least 40 goals by now IMHO
Probably a good thing he doesn't...what with the all fragile egos in the Dutch squad, someone is bound to get bent out of shape, if he takes a couple of extra shots a game
Old June 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

doc ai persie cheletare shojjo hoina amar... aita ki valo player?
Old June 13, 2012, 09:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

If your post was aimed at embarrassing me, then it was one lame attempt , Cos I stopped reading after this line .

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo

1. Winning the CL has F-all to do with a call up to your national team.
Perfect example of how anyone with access to a PS3 Fifa or Football Manager can become an overnight football 'expert'.

I admit I went over board with the Martin Kelly – Rio comparison. Rio has been a great defender for United and was certainly world class but on form was he ahead of Terry, Lescott and Cahill this season? Roy Hodgson who managed sixteen different teams in his 36 year career doesn’t think so. He was not favored by Capello either . Certainly they know a thing or two about football more than you.

Please don’t bring that PL crap of united finished conceding fewer goals. If Ferdinand would have been injured instead of Vidic, United would have won the title. Speak to any ‘genuine’ Man United Fan and they will tell you the same.

Ferdinand contributed ZERO to the qualifying campaign. He is also not helping the team bitching around on twitter and giving the press even more negativity to throw around at the rest squad.

I also feel JT should not be picked simply because his behavior is just not good enough on and off the pitch. The FA made of a mess of the whole thing.
Old June 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
. Rio has been a great defender for United and was certainly world class but on form was he ahead of Terry, Lescott and Cahill this season? Roy Hodgson who managed sixteen different teams in his 36 year career doesn’t think so. He was not favored by Capello either . Certainly they know a thing or two about football more than you..
Coaches with decades of experience make mistakes every now and then. Just bbecause Roy did not select someone does not mean they are not better than those selected.
In this case, it seems to be a case of JT vs RF, he had to take only one of them and he chose JT
Old June 13, 2012, 11:48 AM
MLC World Series I

HT: Denmark 1 - 2 Portugal
Old June 13, 2012, 12:07 PM
Banned

Nani is abusing the Danish left back...if this was a boxing match, his corner would have thrown in the towel already.
Old June 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

Dutch Starting XI: Stekelenburg; Vd Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Willems; Nd Jong, Van Bommel; Robben, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie
Old June 13, 2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

2-2..Denmark equalize, after Ronaldo had one of the misses of the tournament.
Old June 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Timely goal just when I was about to write Ronaldo's miss might cost Portugal the tournament
Old June 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
MLC World Series I

FT: Denmark 2 - 3 Portugal

The Danish were all over the Portuguese but to no avail..I see the Dutch going out today.
Old June 13, 2012, 12:54 PM
MLC World Series I

Cristiano made a mockery of himself on the pitch today. His worst game ever?
Old June 13, 2012, 01:12 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

great game. the game got close because of ronaldo... jemne teammate der kaase pass chai mone hoi jeno pura jomidaar maath er... felt good watching him miss... more point blank misses please
Old June 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

Old June 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Ugly misses and selfish play by Ronaldo. Portugal had better quality, and a bit luck to save their A**.

Anyways, waiting for a fast paced super duper game.
Old June 13, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

it such a waste to have both de jong and van bommel in the same midfield....
Old June 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

The Dutch are playing some fantastic football early on. van Persie squanders another chance.
Old June 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
MLC World Series I

Gomez puts the Germans ahead