facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 21, 2012, 10:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up *****Amla and Kohli Watch*****

Hashim Amla and Virat Kohli are two of my favorites to watch in the middle. I honestly don't care about what they do off the pitch. With consistently classy performances comparable to the all-time greats, neither looks rattled or likely to fail before scoring a magnificent 100 and beyond. Guys like these make me fall in love with cricket over and over again.

Hashim's on 183* at the Oval, his 14th test 100 in 103 test innings, as I post this, while Virat hit his 12th ODI 100 in 83 innings. Hashim (29) averages 47 and 56 in tests and ODIs respectively, and Virat (24) 33 and 51. Both are also excellent T20I batsmen set to captain their countries in the future in all 3 formats of the sport.

I hope this thread is around when they retire with staggering achievements and numbers.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old July 21, 2012, 10:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Staggering numbers aren't always in staggering contexts! That being said, both these guys seem to score tons as if they're getting paid to!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 21, 2012, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

I don't think Kohli is a flat track bully if that's what you're getting at. I saw his breakout test performance in Australia ball by ball and was deeply impressed by what I was watching. He's different and looks set to dominate on most surfaces. That being said, scoring an international 100 on any surface isn't a crime. I wish more of our guys hit more 100s at our flat track venues.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 22, 2012, 07:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Hashim Amla True Legend! Very Sad he does not get much Attention Unlike the others!
Old July 22, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Very good thread
These two were in my mind after yesterdays match.
They are the best run makinh softwares in the market.
Truly amazing
Although I am not a fan of Kohli(right after he insulted Rubel in WC11)but i truly admire his batting and fielding.
Amla is exactly the opposite of Kohli,very humble and calm fellow,like him a lot, although Kohli has more to prove in tests and t20s but Amla is too good in any format.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 22, 2012, 09:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Hashim Amla scores a triple hundred while Fasting. Enough said.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
Cricket Savant

I find it hard to believe he is fasting and scring a triple.
Are u sure he is fasting?
This is amazing

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old July 22, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

amazing show by Amla so far. Hope he can take it up to 400 before the official declaration
Old July 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
Hashim Amla scores a triple hundred while Fasting. Enough said.
He doesn't fast on Match Days. Firdose Moonda and the CI commentary team confirmed that on the live scorecard for the match.
Old July 22, 2012, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Damn Amla! What a player, how can anyone not like such a player like him, seems like a humble man as well.
Old July 22, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Talking Yeay!

I knew he'd do this and be in the elite company of batters he deserves to be in. He keeps himself amazingly fit and may play until he's 40 and beyond InshAllah. I expect more such epic scores from him throughout his career.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote:
Hashim Amla became the first South Africa batsman to score a triple hundred as the visitors continued their remorseless progress at The Oval to take their lead to 252 before declaring during the tea interval. He and Jacques Kallis, who scored just his second Test hundred in England, took their third-wicket stand to an overwhelming 377, which was yet another record on a day full of landmarks.

Amla ticked off his individual achievements in a steady progression; first came the double, then the 250, then South Africa's highest individual score in Tests (overtaking AB de Villiers' 278 against Pakistan) then, from 515 deliveries, the rarefied atmosphere of 300.

There was a heart-in-mouth moment as he played the shot that took him to his triple as it burst through hands of a leaping cover fielder but was soon soaking in yet another standing ovation. He became just the second overseas batsman after Don Bradman (twice) and Bob Simpson to reach the mark in England.

His innings was a display of unyielding concentration and determination, yet he rarely lost his graceful touch until he became a little tense in the 290s. His driving continued to be the stand-out feature of the innings and even when England packed the off side he would calmly and carefully pierce the gaps with regularity.

READ MORE

Last edited by Sohel; July 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old July 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Savant

I dare to say Amla is better than anyone, Bradman,Sachin, Lara,Kallis, AshrafulDrabir,Sangakarra whoever it is.
Old July 22, 2012, 11:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

It's hard to believe, in his 1st three years (2004-2006) of test cricket, he averaged a mere 22.4 in 17 innings. At the rate he keeps improving his game, I won't be too surprised if he ends up being the first modern day cricketer with a career avg of 60+ when it's all said and done.
Old July 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Amazing innings. And as has been said above, he wasn't fasting but it is a sign of his truly humble character that he refused to drink in front of the cameras out of respect for those who are. Wish him all the best in his career. Can see him ending up as SA's second highest Test scorer ever after Kallis.
Old July 22, 2012, 11:49 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I agree Equinox. He may become the 2nd highest scorer even if he plays far fewer matches than Kallis!
Old July 22, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

No doubt over Amla but Kohli has to prove more outside subcontinent esp in tests
Old July 22, 2012, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

What a brilliant innings by Amla (311*)- the highest by any South African player
Old July 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Alma couldn't have easily gone past Lara's record. Obviously SA wasn't chasing personal records or else Kallis would've gotten his 2nd double.
Old July 22, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Personality wise, they are on different poles. But I like their game ... So fluent when they get going. Think, Amla should enjoy his stardom a bit more, that doesn't stop him being humble... while Kohli should tone it down a little bit, great players need to be a bit humble... They are both relatively young and they will learn their lessons with time... Hope they keep playing like this....
Old July 22, 2012, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

The Funny thing about Amla was that, a Lot of people was doubting his ability in the beginning..

so moral of the story, It's not how you begin, It's where you end up! A lot of parallel can also be drawn to Bangladeshi players. Never give up hope, keep working hard at your game, Improve as much as you can...you are only helping yourself by doing that.

with that being said, Amla still has a lot more to prove, at least I hope he thinks so....
Old July 23, 2012, 01:09 AM
Cricket Savant

South Africa's Hashim Amla celebrates reaching his and his country's first Test triple century, against England at The Oval. Photograph: Philip Brown/Reuters
Quote:
Quote:
Hashim Amla is 'overwhelmed' by record-breaking knock for South Africa
Paul Weaver at The Oval
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 22 July 2012 22.08 BST

The biggest cheer from England supporters here yesterday arrived shortly after tea; Bradley Wiggins, it was announced, had won the Tour de France. The only other rousing shout marked Jimmy Anderson beating the outside edge of Hashim Amla's bat. The celebration was soaked in irony and was followed by sarcastic applause.

Only Don Bradman and Brian Lara have scored more runs against England in a single innings than Amla's unbeaten 311 here, making him the first South African to score a Test triple hundred.

Amla claims that he eats like a rabbit but, unfortunately from the perspective of England's bowlers, he does not bat like one. The only surprise is that this devout Muslim is eating at all, for it is Ramadan and in the past not even Test cricket has been allowed to interrupt the vigilance of his religious observance. Here, though, he has put fasting on hold.

"Because I'm travelling away from home I don't have to fast," he said. "So I haven't been fasting. But I will make it up when I get home."

READ MORE
It thrills me think about many more such innings to come InshAllah. He is pretty much unbreakable.

Last edited by Sohel; July 31, 2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old July 23, 2012, 01:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

so kohli 4 centuries from 5 ODI innings and amla first triple century by a south african. these guys are gun batsmen, 2 of the best currently and definitely if they keep it up will be greats. both still have a good number of years left in them which is awesome.
Old July 23, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I don't think Kohli is a flat track bully if that's what you're getting at. I saw his breakout test performance in Australia ball by ball and was deeply impressed by what I was watching. He's different and looks set to dominate on most surfaces. That being said, scoring an international 100 on any surface isn't a crime. I wish more of our guys hit more 100s at our flat track venues.
No not Kohli...he scores runs when it MATTERS...his knock against SL, PAK in Asia Cup, proves that. In the AUS tour he was the only one who fought, if I recall correctly.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 31, 2012, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Kohli is a beast.

774 runs in last 10 ODIs. Now he is going wild against SL.
Old July 31, 2012, 11:11 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Kohli is a beast.

774 runs in last 10 ODIs. Now he is going wild against SL.

Waddaplyer he is

13 in his career already and only played 89 ODI (5 of them came in last 8 innings)

Edit: aprt from SA, his got ODI (s) against all the Test nation. quite incredible to do that only in 89 odi