facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 13, 2009, 12:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner
Default lets talk about T20 world cup and bangladesh's probability

24 days to go. then Bd will face india. so many questions in our mind: can we make another upset? or can we beat them like last time. Bd always play good in the opening match. so can we beat india

seems like all indian IPL players are in form. on the contrary, our 2 main players are warming side bench. sakib just out from injury. razzaq still try to find form after correction of his bowling style. Good news we have injury free rasel.inform opener tamim and junaed. shamsur rahman shuvo is in excellent form. I know there will be more discussion about our chances and line up. at the moment, if we compare our new team with India------seems like in all batting position india is better, but i think our bowling is superior than india.

here is 2 teams batting line up comparison

tamim iqbal----------------virendra shehwag
junaed-----------------------gambhir
shamsur rahman shuvo-----raina
ashraful----------------------yuvraj singh
sakib-------------------------rohit sharma
mithun ali-------------------dhoni
mashrafe--------------------yousuf pathan
nayeem----------------------irfan pathan
razzaq-----------------------harbhajhan
rasel-------------------------zaheer khan
rubel-------------------------R P singh

bowling

rasel-------------zaheer khan
mashrafe--------RP singh
rubel-------------irfan pathan
razzaq-----------harbhajhan
sakib------------yousuf pathan
nayeem---------rohit sharma
ashraful---------yuvraj

extra

rokibul-------------r jadeja
mahmudullah-----p ojha
mushfiq------------M gony
shahadat----------ishant sharma

Old May 13, 2009, 12:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

BD should go to the next round. If BD lost to India but still Ireland is there to smash. We have some payback to Ireland.

I don't know why like all BD fan (probably) I've got a feeling that BD might kneel down India. Just a feelings....lets see what happen....
Old May 13, 2009, 12:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I see no comparisons between Junaed & Gambir and Rubel & Irfan. Difference between them is sky high.

Rasel can be compared to RP Sing. Mash can be compared to Zaheer khaan as both are expensive in T20.
Old May 13, 2009, 01:05 AM
Cricket Savant

While there is glamor in your comparison wiseshah, to me it's like trying to fit round peg in a square hole. And even if the comparison stands, India would beat us 90/100 times.

imo, a better strategy would be to do a s.w.o.t analysis & come up with different permutation. because given the inconsistency of our team sometimes we can get two ducks : both mallard and shelduck, when tamim bats with ash or we can get a very lethal combo.

every team is unique in it's organization. i don't think head to head analysis would spur any insights on our strengths or weaknesses. and just cuz they didn't play ash or mash we shouldnt hold this mishmash grudge against them and go to battlefield with rage. because anger means nothing if not channeled or controlled, so we shouldnt restrict ourselves on logisitical analysis for india only but other teams as well.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 13, 2009, 01:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

ALL the indians and MOST of the big name players would suffer from a massive T20 fatiague come this world cup. They have played way too many games in a very short period of time. Plus mind the constant non stop travelling between the games. Players are hardly getting any rest.

This is bound to effect their body and performance after a while. The finals of the IPL is on the 24th May and the WC begins on the 5th June ( me thinks). Thats only 10 days of rest after a busy 6 week bonanza. But even in between every team will play practice/warm up games. Imagine that!! Hardly any rest for the boys, esp the indians.

In contrary, our boys would be fresh and raring to go. Ash and Mash did all the travelling minus any games. They have few points to prove. So does Sakib. Not being picked even after No 1 ranked all rounder is something should hurt his ego and he should set few things right.

Tamim know very well what playing good against eendia means. He launched his cricket career last time around and he's gonna make sure he's one of the most sought after player next IPL auction, after he smashes the daru out of eendian a$$.

Even though our players are not playing IPL's but i think we would have just about enough game practise. All the boys played in the domestic league and then in PCL. Offcourse the quality is not the same but nonetheless its game practise. Then they have about 6 warm up matches to play. Me thinks thats sufficient enough to shake off those rusty edges.

Me also thinks we should make it,atleast, to the semis. Well, its more like me hopes than me thinks.
Ah bugger, why hope so less??? Me truly hopes that we win the Cup!!

And about the eeeeendia match on 6th?
Our bunny is back and time to kick some veggi-a$$.
Bet 10 bucks Dhoni will look like a Devdass on the morning of the 7th.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 13, 2009, 01:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Tamim Iqbal even made a statement that he would be very happy if he can beat India again the T20 WC.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

we should be foolish to consider Ireland a pushover. Ireland has had tons of practice in the past month and more to come in ENglish conditions playing the counties! They will be a difficult side to beat.
Old May 13, 2009, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

when did BD beat india in a T20 ??? they beaqt them in odi matches
Old May 13, 2009, 02:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Rabz bhai seems to be very optimistic.

India is a very strong T20 team. Much stronger than their ODI team. All the batsmen and bowlers have to give their 200% to win against them.

We dont have any hard-hitters except Ash and Mash. Tamim is too slow for T20. His career strike rate from 9 matches is only 85. Even in the PCL, his strike rate was around 110 or something. Raqibul and Nayeems are very slow as well.

If Ash falls, no one else to accelerate the high run rate.

We have Shamsur and Mithun now. They are hard-hitters. But we shouldn't expect much from them as it's their first international tour.
Old May 13, 2009, 04:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Murad bhai, optimism is our biggest weapon.
Everything starts with self belief. First, we have to think we can. We already know we can,
we have beat them in world cup before. Let it be some other format, but the fact is, we have beaten them in the past with our no-frills brand of firepower and i have all the reasons to believe we can do it again.

On a player to player basis, the G-8 is stronger than us in every game. But let's throw that out the window and bring in some self believe of making it happen, once again.

This time, it would be even more sweet. We are taking on the world champions.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old May 13, 2009, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I am just hoping that we will beat Ireland otherwise I would have to watch two Ireland matches from the stands!
Old May 13, 2009, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

I doubt whether both Mithun and Shamsur will be given debuts in this tournament.

They might play in some of the warm up games, but unless we have some serious injuries or the rookies make a huge impact in the warm ups, I expect to see Mushfiq keeping wicket.

One of either mithun (probably purely as a batsman) and Shamsur may get a debut at some stage, but not both...I've been wrong before, but that's my expectation...
Old May 13, 2009, 06:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
we should be foolish to consider Ireland a pushover. Ireland has had tons of practice in the past month and more to come in ENglish conditions playing the counties! They will be a difficult side to beat.

Exactly my thoughts. If India beats BD, then Ireland beats them, they are packing their bags to return to BD.

Ash and Mash have not been playing for one month, only practicing at the nets in SA, even if they were in BD for recently held 20/20 competition, they could have gotten in the spirit of the game and had some much needed practice, now they will be rusty.

Are there are more practice matches arranged by the coach, I thought I read somewhere ta he was going to hold a camp and a few games will be played by the boys.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cricket Sage

there is nothing wrong with being optimistic..i'm with you rabz bhai..lead the way..
Old May 13, 2009, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
there is nothing wrong with being optimistic..i'm with you rabz bhai..lead the way..
Yeah totally bangladesh-sy bhai, I also hope and agree with Rabz bhai's too many games and fatigue theory as well!! Good!!
Go Bangladesh!
Go Tigers!!!!!
Old May 13, 2009, 11:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

What are the seedings (to figure out the BD schedule)

I'm guessing A1 is India and A2 is bangladesh as far as teh schedule is concerned.

So our 2nd round opponents (barring upset to IRELAND) will be B1, D1 & C2

Is that PAK, SA & SL?
Old May 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
I doubt whether both Mithun and Shamsur will be given debuts in this tournament.

They might play in some of the warm up games, but unless we have some serious injuries or the rookies make a huge impact in the warm ups, I expect to see Mushfiq keeping wicket.

One of either mithun (probably purely as a batsman) and Shamsur may get a debut at some stage, but not both...I've been wrong before, but that's my expectation...
Shamsur will definetely play most of the matches. Mithun seems to be badly out of form and Zunaed is in good touch so he will retain the opening position with Tamim. Mithun can be tested out in the first couple of warm-ups if he fails then he can just warm the benches for the rest of the tournament. ATM this looks like the most probable starting XI for Bangladesh:
Tamim
Zunaed
Shamsur
Ashraful*
Raqibul
Shakib
Mashrafe
Mushfiq+
Razzak
Rubel
Rasel

Not my preferred XI but the XI I think is most likely to be fielded.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Sorry to repost this here in this thread...I thought it belongs here!

I know what I believe is only my personal belief but yes I beleive that this BD national team can beat India on June 6th...
All I need for that to happen is bat-e ball-e shongjog hoya and Inshallah that is what will happen that day!!!
And Inshallah we will beat Ireland in the next game as well...!
Khela jombe..jome uthbe..jome uthte baddho!!!! BD taar shoktimottar porichoy dibe shey deen!!!
India and Ireland-er pacha jaam hoe jaabe, Inshallah...
Taarpor taderke tader balls and middle stump haate dhorie dewa hobe....
Bisshash korun shongrami bhai o bonera!!!
Old May 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

rabz bhai, agree with your analysis and I think BD has a much higher chance of winning against ind in a T20 than the longer formats. in T20 all a team needs to win a match is sustained intensity from a couple of players for a 1/2 hr period at most, BD players are quite good at that !
My money would be on tamim and mash, not so much the others. call it 6th sense or what you will.

btw, could we please cut out such comments ? it's distasteful and reflects poorly on both you and BC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
... time to kick some veggi-a$$.
Old May 13, 2009, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Sorry to repost this here in this thread...I thought it belongs here!

I know what I believe is only my personal belief but yes I beleive that this BD national team can beat India on June 6th...
All I need for that to happen is bat-e ball-e shongjog hoya and Inshallah that is what will happen that day!!!
And Inshallah we will beat Ireland in the next game as well...!
Khela jombe..jome uthbe..jome uthte baddho!!!! BD taar shoktimottar porichoy dibe shey deen!!!
India and Ireland-er pacha jaam hoe jaabe, Inshallah...
Taarpor taderke tader balls and middle stump haate dhorie dewa hobe....
Bisshash korun shongrami bhai o bonera!!!
World Cup-er BD gari onek age thekei gorom kore dicchen? bhalo bhalo Guys, get more fuel; we are to reach the top of it.
Old May 13, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Murad bhai, optimism is our biggest weapon.
Everything starts with self belief. First, we have to think we can. We already know we can,
we have beat them in world cup before. Let it be some other format, but the fact is, we have beaten them in the past with our no-frills brand of firepower and i have all the reasons to believe we can do it again.

On a player to player basis, the G-8 is stronger than us in every game. But let's throw that out the window and bring in some self believe of making it happen, once again.

This time, it would be even more sweet. We are taking on the world champions.

I hope you are right, Rabz bhai.
Let's kick some ************!!!!
Old May 13, 2009, 02:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

the entire bench strength should be tested for the practice match against Ireland and Scotland i think
Old May 13, 2009, 03:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i also think shamsur should get the nod...does he have T20 potential though??

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

In my oppinion in terms of 20/20

Green - Relatively stronger player
Blue - Both are closely matched in capability

Batting

tamim iqbal----------------virendra shehwag
junaed-----------------------gambhir
mushfiq---------------------raina
ashraful----------------------yuvraj singh
sakib-------------------------rohit sharma
mithun ali-------------------dhoni
mashrafe--------------------yousuf pathan
nayeem----------------------irfan pathan
razzaq-----------------------harbhajhan
rasel-------------------------zaheer khan
rubel-------------------------R P singh

bowling

rasel-------------zaheer khan
mashrafe--------RP singh
rubel-------------irfan pathan
razzaq-----------harbhajhan
sakib------------yousuf pathan
nayeem---------rohit sharma

So our bowling is much better than theirs by a margin, but batting wise we do lack a lot of firepower.
Old May 13, 2009, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib/Anamul

But we are experts at making crap bowling attacks to seem like as if they are the best in the world, so I wouldnt look much into the bowling attack theory