facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2013, 03:05 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Default Shoaib Ali Bukhari - the Roaring Tiger!

I'm a big fan of this guy - Shoaib Ali Bukhari. I think we all know who he is.
So, for the first time in BC we will have a official thread for following a fellow tiger fan!

Compiling few article about Shoaib Ali Bukhari.
We had a thread on him before for a Isam's article on him. LINK

Long Live Shoaib Ali Bukhari - the Roaring Tiger!

Old October 7, 2013, 03:09 PM
Cricket Guru

BCSS supports cricket fan Shoaib Ali
Sports Reporter - The Daily Sun
8 October 2013

BCSS president Zunaid Paiker, 2nd right, hands over a cheque to Shoaib Ali.

Newly-established Bangladesh Cricket Supporters’ Society (BCSS) has given a helping hand to Shoaib Ali Bukhari, a die-hard fan of the Bangladesh Cricket who paints himself as a tiger and supports Bangladesh cricket team from the ground at home and abroad.

In recent time he has become an iconic fan of Bangladesh cricket and represents Bangladesh fan community in the international arena. Although he has a lots of financials constant in his real life but it doesn’t interrupt him to do so. The Bangladesh Cricket Supporters Society (BCSS) formed by some cricket fanatic of Bangladesh is going to support Shoaib Ali in this upcoming New Zealand tour by giving him total financial support including Travel expenses, Hotel accommodations, Foods and all necessary things he needed.

The BCSS is a common platform for all the fanatics of Bangladesh cricket and it will work for the fanatics as well. This initiative of supporting Shoaib is a little step towards their commitment.
- See more at: http://www.daily-sun.com/details_BCS....HPedSwOt.dpuf
Old October 7, 2013, 03:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Dhaka Bank sponsors air ticket to Shoaib
Sports Reporter - The Daily Sun
01 May 2013

Dhaka Bank sponsored the air ticket (return) to Mr. Shoaib Ali Bukhari to watch Bangladesh – Zimbabwe cricket series at Zimbabwe. Additional Managing Director Mr Niaz Habib and Deputy Managing Director Mr. Emranul Huq handed over the air ticket to Mr. Shoaib Ali Bukhari (Bangladeshi Tiger of the gallery). Mr Shoaib traveled long way to Zimbabwe to cheer the Bangladesh National Cricket Team. This cricket fan roared with tiger body strip from the gallery to encourage the team as well as the audience in front of the screen.

Howwever, Dhaka Bank Congratulate Bangladesh cricket team for winning the 2nd test against Zimbabwe and thanks to Mr. Shoaib for his inspiring action on the ground. - See more at: http://www.daily-sun.com/details_yes....d0IF4n52.dpuf
Old October 7, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru

MARCH 21, 2013 - Cricinfo
Bangladesh tour of Sri Lanka, 2012-13
Roar that follows the tigers
Mohammad Isam

Shoaib Ali Bukhari can shout all day, in the heat, and not have a care in the world about where the next meal will come from or whether there will be a bed to sleep on. Sounds like just another crazy cricket fan that we have all encountered in life - or have been ourselves. But even by Bangladesh standards, he stands out for his willingness to go that extra mile - literally.

He is in Sri Lanka now, supporting his favourite team, and he has just watched nine days of his favourite kind of cricket - Tests. On the day we met, Shoaib was screaming his lungs out as the Bangladesh batsmen fought to stay alive in the second Test in Colombo. As the batsmen walked back for the tea break, he cried out the name of every player that walked into the dressing room. From one of the higher stands, someone tried to compete with his vocal strength. That man laughed and gave up after three tries of "Shabash Sri Lanka".

Full Read: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/co...ry/626017.html
Old October 7, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

APRIL 26, 2013 - cricinfo
Bangladesh in Zimbabwe 2013
Bangladesh's tiger suit fan
Firdose Moonda in Harare

Harare Sports Club seems to have a hangover at the start of every day. It wakes up slowly and groggily, wiping last night's make-up from its eyes, as it squints to adjust to the brightness. Every morning is a lazy Sunday morning so you can imagine the jolt of surprise when Friday's one was greeted with a roar so piercing it rung around the whole ground for hours.

Shoaib Ali, Bangladesh's most passionate supporter, had arrived, complete with his Tiger suit and giant flag. He spent all the time on his feet, shouting. "Shabash, Nasir bhai, Shabash," was his cry as Nasir Hossain took the total close to 400. RELATED LINKSMatches: Zimbabwe v Bangladesh at Harare Series/Tournaments: Bangladesh tour of Zimbabwe Teams: Bangladesh | Zimbabwe

His level of energy was extraordinary, especially when considering he had spent most of Wednesday night in the airport. A problem with his papers meant that he could not get through immigration and it was up to the Bangladesh team manager to rescue him.

Full Read: http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/co...ry/632392.html
Old October 7, 2013, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Tiger, tiger burning bright
by Desmond Samith
2013-03-27

[ from Ceylon Today- an English language newspaper published by Ceylon Newspapers (Pvt) Ltd. located at Colombo, SL]

Sweat drenches his face and the bare upper body. It looks in different colours – yellow, red and green. The face and the body are painted in those colours. He doesn't care about the heat or the sweat. He is soaking in the action that is unfolding before him. Twenty-five-year-old Shoaib Ali is definitely creating a scene at the Sri Lanka-Bangladesh second Test cricket match at the R Premadasa Stadium.

"I'm here to support my team, Bangladesh," Ali tells me with the little English he knows, trying his very best to be clear and understood.
My intrusion though has gained some welcome respite to his tired limbs. He has been waving a huge Bangladeshi national flag the whole afternoon as the Bangladesh openers, Tamim Iqbal and Jahurul Islam, were posting a 91-run stand for the first wicket. When he was not waving the flag, Ali was performing a fast-paced dance to some nonexistent piece of music. (The usual Sri Lankan Papare band is surprisingly absent here).

"This is not easy...very very difficult," he tells me pointing to the paint on his face. After close inspection, I notice he has coloured his face and hands in yellow and black, and his chest and the belly in green and red. At the same time he wants to display the colours of the national flag, and also to bring alive the national animal of his country – the Bengali tiger.

He has not used any accepted material used in body-painting, but pure lacquer.
"I brought them from Bangladesh," he says proudly.

Full Read: http://www.ceylontoday.lk/5-28242-ne...ng-bright.html
Old October 7, 2013, 03:19 PM
Cricket Guru

found a FB Page:

Shoaib Ali Bukhari - Front face of Tiger Cricket
fb link
Old October 8, 2013, 09:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Thanks Noc mama. It's about time he got his own space.
Old November 1, 2013, 03:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Thread is incomplete without this video clip

Old November 1, 2013, 04:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Tigers are orange, not yellow. Someone please get him orange paint.
Old November 1, 2013, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Thread is incomplete without this video clip
Thanks for sharing the video MoC bhai

Feel free to post more
Old November 1, 2013, 09:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Pasha,
I will ask everyone to put you in BC katgora. Jadukor?
+++
Thanks for giving us this wonderful thread.
Old November 2, 2013, 01:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Pasha,
I will ask everyone to put you in BC katgora. Jadukor?
+++
Thanks for giving us this wonderful thread.
Glad you like the thread TE bhai

BC katgora - nah! please don't do this to me. I don't think I would handle this very well.
muchas gracias!!
Old November 2, 2013, 02:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Tigers are orange, not yellow. Someone please get him orange paint.
lol!, if i see him in the stands anytime i'll let him know!
Old November 2, 2013, 03:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

tigers can also be white. The Siberians only

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 2, 2013, 03:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
tigers can also be white. The Siberians only

only bengal tigers has the gene that makes tigers white, thats why every white tiger in the world is part bengal
Old November 2, 2013, 04:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
only bengal tigers has the gene that makes tigers white, thats why every white tiger in the world is part bengal
I did not know that. Thanks for enlightening me. I was always under the misconception (as probably are most people) that Siberian tigers were white. As Adnan said, they are not and white tigers are a genetic mutations only seen in Bengal tigers and never been documented in Siberian tigers.
Old November 2, 2013, 06:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

White tigers in the SC are a rarity. I have been told that their skin does not suit these parts of the world. Hence over time they moved to the northern parts

Old November 2, 2013, 07:37 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
White tigers in the SC are a rarity. I have been told that their skin does not suit these parts of the world. Hence over time they moved to the northern parts

not in the SC only, White tigers are a rarity in the wild, very few have been documented, and they are not a new species or a sub species just a genetic mutation of bengal tigers. they did not move to the northern parts as you heard.

These tigers are extremely popular among people and are bread in the captivity. Sometimes inbreeding occurs, thats why many white tigers in the world has mutation and generic disabilities..did you know the same mutation in the gene which makes the tigers white also makes their eyes blue!

there is another color version of tigers it called the golden Tammy tiger, it has white legs, golden fur(not orange like bengals) and brown stripes..and it is also a mutation of bengal tigers!..our tigers are special!

there are other color myths like the Maltese and Black tiger but none have been caught alive or ever been documented..though a Black Bengal tiger was shot dead in Chittagong in 1846 and was documented but the authenticity of the story is doubtable, here is from wikipedia as i read

Quote:
In March 1846, the naturalist C.T. Buckland reported a black tiger in the Chittagong Hills (now in Bangladesh) where it was raiding cattle. It was shot with a poisoned arrow and its body was later discovered but it was too decomposed to skin. Buckland's account for The Field, which was printed in the Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society (JBNHS) during 1889, documented the case of a black tiger killed at Chittagong. The report is even more dubious because over 40 years had elapsed between the actual event and the report; all of the party members that could have corroborated his story had died.
Old November 2, 2013, 10:36 PM
Cricket Guru

business as usual .... in BD-NZ 3rd ODI at Fatullah