facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old September 22, 2009, 01:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR
Default Banglacricket in Wikipedia

I searched banglacricket in Wikipedia and found nothing. can any one write something good enough to post in Wiki? I've got account but can't log in recently.

Old September 22, 2009, 06:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

ya, that would be very cool and a good way to promote the website and get new members.. we hv a lot of good writers in this forum so maybe smone can write up smth great and long enough for wikipedia.. mayb then smone can translate that in bengali ..
Old September 22, 2009, 11:21 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib.Ash.Mash.Shahriar

I was really bored today and here is my attempt:

What is Banglacricket.com?
Banglacricket.com is a site devoted to the Bangladesh National Cricket Team which features news, stats of Bangladeshi cricketers, multimedia, Bangladesh tourism and also a forum where members can discuss cricket and chat with other Bangladeshi cricket fans. Overall Banglacricket.com is an independent and non-profit fan driven cricket site for Bangladesh cricket fans.

Our Goals
> Banglacricket will serve as the pre-eminent forum for Tigers fans to come and engage in healthy, and lively discussions about Bangladesh Cricket, and contribute to the stock of knowledge that is Bangladesh cricket.

> Banglacricket will serve as a one-point authoritative information source for all news related to Bangladesh cricket, including latest scores (live scores in the longer term), latest reactions from players and concerned officials, latest pictures, stats, quality articles, op-eds, latest audio and video etc.

> Banglacricket will contribute to the growth of cricket in Bangladesh.

The Forum
The Bangla Cricket.com Forum is a friendly place where users can discuss Bangladesh cricket, International cricket and also just general chat. The forum is run by a friendly staff team who are always willing to help out and the members are friendly and are very welcoming. The Bangla Cricket forum has over 9000 members and is continually getting new members everyday. Everyone is welcome to the forum and everyone is given the right to express their opinion on the Bangla Cricket forum.

It's just a start and I'm going to add more. Advice would be much appreciated!
Old September 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabhu
I was really bored today and here is my attempt:

What is Banglacricket.com?
Banglacricket.com is a site devoted to the Bangladesh National Cricket Team which features news, stats of Bangladeshi cricketers, multimedia, Bangladesh tourism and also a forum where members can discuss cricket and chat with other Bangladeshi cricket fans. Overall Banglacricket.com is an independent and non-profit fan driven cricket site for Bangladesh cricket fans.

Our Goals
> Banglacricket will serve as the pre-eminent forum for Tigers fans to come and engage in healthy, and lively discussions about Bangladesh Cricket, and contribute to the stock of knowledge that is Bangladesh cricket.

> Banglacricket will serve as a one-point authoritative information source for all news related to Bangladesh cricket, including latest scores (live scores in the longer term), latest reactions from players and concerned officials, latest pictures, stats, quality articles, op-eds, latest audio and video etc.

> Banglacricket will contribute to the growth of cricket in Bangladesh.

The Forum
The Bangla Cricket.com Forum is a friendly place where users can discuss Bangladesh cricket, International cricket and also just general chat. The forum is run by a friendly staff team who are always willing to help out and the members are friendly and are very welcoming. The Bangla Cricket forum has over 9000 members and is continually getting new members everyday. Everyone is welcome to the forum and everyone is given the right to express their opinion on the Bangla Cricket forum.

It's just a start and I'm going to add more. Advice would be much appreciated!
Do a forum search on the great Gopal Bhar. It's incomplete without him.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 22, 2009, 11:34 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib.Ash.Mash.Shahriar

Good point Zeeshan, but Gopal Bhar already has his own wiki page but it's sad to see there isn't much information about him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopal_Bhar
Old September 22, 2009, 11:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Proposal:
Not a bad Idea at all. And something like BC shuold really be there in Wiki. Okay then...lets compile a material for putting in Wiki..rather than writing something randomly. Me or any other staff of the forum will do the final compilation.

Format
There should be two sections:
1) BC profile description
2) Fan’s reactions

The profile description part will be produced by the staffs. I would request all of you members to participate in the 2nd part. Please write your impressions/ expressions/ reactions about the forum in about 5-6 lines and we will attach the best 4-5 reactions (maybe more if there are good number of quality replies) in the fan’s reaction-section.

There will be links to this forum for sure. But you people can also suggest other sections that can be in it.

So...willing to go for it? Personally... I would specially encourage new and younger members of the forum to put down their thoughts. Something like.. what was your first impression when you found the forum and how much you are involved to it. Add your own thoughts too..

Last edited by Ahmed_B; September 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM..
Old September 23, 2009, 01:57 AM

When doing it, please adhere to Wikipedia's standards and guidelines. Most of all avoid using "We" / using the first person, and do not write it up in a Q&A format.

Please follow the Manual of Style
Old September 23, 2009, 03:07 AM
BC Editorial Team

Wikipedia insists on independent, third party sources as references. Which means that original writing, or referring to some section of the site won't do.

If there is are articles about/referring to BC in something like - for eg - Daily Star, they can be used as sources.
Old September 23, 2009, 08:54 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Any article about BC in wiki should only exist to inform people not to shamelessly promote/advertise the site. References from credible source(s) in the media and adhering to wikipedia's guidelines are the most basic requirements for that to happen.
Old September 23, 2009, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Is that electrequiem invented Doosraful definition still exist in Wiki? I believe it has been removed for lack of verifiable usage links.
Old September 23, 2009, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Thank you all for your responses. Thank you Ahmed bhai for taking the charge. It has to be done by BC staffs. Good move. I would try to to write some reactions as a member/fan.

This won't be an advertisement thing off course rather I fell BC should be in wiki as it is playing big part for fans now a days.

Waiting for the article.
Old September 23, 2009, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib

i cant wait for the article

i might write up a reaction..
Old September 24, 2009, 12:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well..dont wait for the article if you want to write a reaction. Its always better if you write down your very own words rather than something influenced by the profile-text.
Old September 24, 2009, 09:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Yes, Ahmed bhai your right. We should write our own first.
Old September 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

dui poisha.

This is not just a Bangladeshi cricket site or world cricket site. Others sports, forget section is a huge part and fans have their niche. Multimedia section, rich articles, previews and many other things should be in the body.
Old September 24, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Mijan bhai just curious about your: dui poisha...what is that?
Old September 25, 2009, 08:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Mijan bhai just curious about your: dui poisha...what is that?
Excuse me, this is not French. You should understand this.

Arithmatic equation: The sentences beneath the "dui Poisha" equals to dui poisha.
Old September 25, 2009, 02:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Excuse me, this is not French. You should understand this.

Arithmatic equation: The sentences beneath the "dui Poisha" equals to dui poisha.
So no effect of inflation here?

(Sorry off topic)
Old October 3, 2009, 01:51 PM
Cricket Guru

So Ahmed bhai and all the Mods and stuffs what is the progress so far?
Old October 4, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
So no effect of inflation here?

(Sorry off topic)
Actually there is, 2 cents>>2 Paisa
Old October 8, 2009, 07:40 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote: