facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2011, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Thumbs up ANAMUL, ASIF and MOMINUL performance monitor thread

Undoubtedly three most talented uncapped batsmen in Bangladesh. They may be the future backbone of our batting lineup. We have many hopes on them and our expectation is huge in BC. So here we can discuss about their latest performances in the domestic leagues , Academy , A team , BPL and their journey to the national team.

All the best to these three.We are counting on you

I am adding some more uncapped players who are doing well in recent past and can be the future like the top 3 as some of us has suggested

1. Sabbir Rahman
2.Tasamul Haque
3.Soumya Sarker
4.Alauddin Babu
5.Sohag Gazi
6.Kamrul Islam Rabbi
7.Nur Hossain Munna
8.Saker ahmed
9.Al Amin Hossain
10.Mahmudul Hasan

Watch out for these guys as well .

Last edited by Rifat H; December 8, 2011 at 01:01 AM..

Old December 7, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Undoubtedly three most talented uncapped batsmen in Bangladesh. They may be the future backbone of our batting lineup. We have many hopes on them and our expectation is huge in BC. So here we can discuss about their latest performances in the domestic leagues , Academy , A team , BPL and their journey to the national team.

You forgot Shabbir!!!
South asian GOLD remember!!
Old December 7, 2011, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
You forgot Shabbir!!!
South asian GOLD remember!!
Seems to lost his way since then. A very good player although
Old December 7, 2011, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I have high hopes on Anamul and Mominul. Let's see how they perform first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 7, 2011, 04:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

No one is adding tasamul except me. I think he is a real gem
Old December 7, 2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

Oh boy i hope they become our tendulkar and ponting and not ashraful!
Old December 7, 2011, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

good thread...Anamul has had a dip in form, after he was red hot at the end of last season and first half of this season. I have confidence he will bounce back. Asif is consistently scoring 30-40 runs, with the regular 50+ score, and the occaisional hundred (3 tons from 24 innings). He's also a dashing batsman with a 70-ish first class strike rate. Mominul is talented no doubt, but he's got to show a bit more consistency to join the ranks of the other 2. Hope the best for all 3, and hope they make the team without delay once they are ready.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 7, 2011, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

tasamul and shabbir are also good prospects. tasamul has taken a bit of time but he is starting to make some runs more consistently now, shabbir has just fallen away hopefully he can bring it back. i still think shuvagata has a lot to offer but he needs to find some form. also alauddin babu is a pacer allrounder prospect and mahmudul hasan is a spin allrounder prospect and obviously nur is our leg spin prospect, shaker ahmed is also one to keep an eye on.

as far as batting prospects go we want players who have a penchant for scoring tons of runs, hopefully asif and anamul can continue with their early career liking for run scoring. there are a number of players who have done well early in their career and fallen away, don't what that to happen to these guys.
Old December 7, 2011, 10:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Add Soumya Sarkar to the list. He is still only 18, and is very consistent but has not scored a century yet. I think he has a lot of potential
Old December 7, 2011, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

This is really 1 hell of a class we're getting. I believe that this is 1 positive that's coming out of our cricket. Our next generations are turning in to better players. First we had the Ash, Aftab, and Alok era but those 3 were all talent but no consistency. Then we had the generation of Tamim, Mushy, and Shakib who are leaders now in the team and have done well for the most part in international cricket. This class is by far the best in my opinion though.

We already have Nasir who has done exceptionally well already in the national tea.We got Anamul, Asif, and Mominul who are the gems in this class. I believe Tasamul is a guy who is really under the radar. He's been a fairly consistent batsman whatever level he's played. Also it seems that he's not afraid at occupying the crease and taking his time which is good to see. Shabbir is another guy that could be a great player. His technique seems to be really good and is a clean striker of the ball. Alauddin is a very promising pace allrounder. Shaker is a very tall left armer with a Vettori type action. Nur Hossain of course is a very promising legspinner. Rabbi is also a guy that's a very good pacer.

Overall we got a lot of variations which is great to see. Let's see how all these guys turn out and let's hope they turn out to be class players.
Old December 7, 2011, 11:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
This is really 1 hell of a class we're getting. I believe that this is 1 positive that's coming out of our cricket. Our next generations are turning in to better players. First we had the Ash, Aftab, and Alok era but those 3 were all talent but no consistency. Then we had the generation of Tamim, Mushy, and Shakib who are leaders now in the team and have done well for the most part in international cricket. This class is by far the best in my opinion though.

We already have Nasir who has done exceptionally well already in the national tea.We got Anamul, Asif, and Mominul who are the gems in this class. I believe Tasamul is a guy who is really under the radar. He's been a fairly consistent batsman whatever level he's played. Also it seems that he's not afraid at occupying the crease and taking his time which is good to see. Shabbir is another guy that could be a great player. His technique seems to be really good and is a clean striker of the ball. Alauddin is a very promising pace allrounder. Shaker is a very tall left armer with a Vettori type action. Nur Hossain of course is a very promising legspinner. Rabbi is also a guy that's a very good pacer.

Overall we got a lot of variations which is great to see. Let's see how all these guys turn out and let's hope they turn out to be class players.
we have mahmudul hasan to, his early results weren't as impressive as his age group counter parts but recently he's been taking quite a few wickets and making a few runs.

which class would you put rubel in? don't think he played u19s....but he's only 21 and no doubt he's one of the best pacers BD has produced, possibly even 2nd only to mash.
Old December 7, 2011, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
we have mahmudul hasan to, his early results weren't as impressive as his age group counter parts but recently he's been taking quite a few wickets and making a few runs.

which class would you put rubel in? don't think he played u19s....but he's only 21 and no doubt he's one of the best pacers BD has produced, possibly even 2nd only to mash.
Rubel fits in with the Shakib, Tamim, and Mushy class I believe because they played in the same U19 team for the U19 WC. Ya he's certainly a great find for BD cricket and he's proving that he belongs in international cricket.

And I forgot about Mahmudul. He's a very good offbreak bowler. Even though he seems to be more of a bowling allrounder, I was pretty impressed with his batting at the U19 level but I believe he'll find it tough seeing how Nasir is already letting people know he's more then just a part timer and then Sohag Gazi whose showing his allrounder abilities in all levels of the game. Sarker is another promising pace allrounder. Also it's good to see he's batting at the top order spot.
Old December 8, 2011, 12:10 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

alauddinn babu--really amazed me with his 180. scoring 180 in any level is not joke. this guy has genuine talent
Old December 8, 2011, 12:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good thread.
Can the thread opener or someone pls list the names of the players we are tracking here, as cuz some extra names has been suggested I guess.

Also, can we also have chart of their performance ???
A team / NCL performance.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old December 8, 2011, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

AL- Amin Had 20 wickets in last 2 matches . He is quite tall with with decent pace. His bowling figures of last 4 innings are

5/33
3/45
5/53
7/36
Old December 8, 2011, 01:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Tasamul haque scored 397 with 30.54 avg so far in this NCL. He scored 2 fifty and 1 century . He has 3 ducks and score of 1,4,10,12,18 in his 13 innings. He has the tendency to get out early
Old December 8, 2011, 01:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
alauddinn babu--really amazed me with his 180. scoring 180 in any level is not joke. this guy has genuine talent
Naively, from a selector's pov what threshold must certain players reach to earn a place in the nationals?

It seems odd to me Ashraful (largely because of past cognizance) makes the cut, yet we do not tinker the lineup with people of his caliber.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 8, 2011, 05:09 AM
Cricket Guru

btw shaker ahmed is a terrific spin prospect for BD, although i have to ask why is he batting at #3 these days?
Old December 8, 2011, 06:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I am afraid.

We always had some exciting talent. Our young players are always at the same level with other test playing countries. But when they reach the top level somehow they tend to fail.

A partial reason may be lack of good coaching and infrastructure. Another reason may be our typical Bangali mentality. They don't think about reaching the international standard. As long as they can keep their place in the national team they seem to be quite happy with it!!
Old December 8, 2011, 06:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

I am adding some more uncapped players who are doing well in recent past and can be the future like the top 3 as some of us has suggested

1. Sabbir Rahman
2.Tasamul Haque
3.Soumya Sarker
4.Alauddin Babu
5.Sohag Gazi
6.Kamrul Islam Rabbi
7.Nur Hossain Munna
8.Saker ahmed
9.Al Amin Hossain
10.Mahmudul Hasan

Watch out for these guys as well .
If I was a selector, my criteria to choose batsmen for ODI and Test would be as follows:

For ODI:
Minimum OD innings played: 20 innings (NCL, DPL, A tour, Academy tour etc.)
Batting Average (minimum): 35

For Test:
Minimum First Class innings played: 30 innings (any First Class matches)
Batting Average (minimum): 40

If any of the above guys meet the requirement, I wont mind dragging any of them into the national team. Otherwise, we are just adding inconsistant players in our roster.
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old December 8, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
I am afraid.

We always had some exciting talent. Our young players are always at the same level with other test playing countries. But when they reach the top level somehow they tend to fail.

A partial reason may be lack of good coaching and infrastructure. Another reason may be our typical Bangali mentality. They don't think about reaching the international standard. As long as they can keep their place in the national team they seem to be quite happy with it!!
Agree with you. virat kohli was a ok batsman and had many limitations in 2008 when he was the captain of u19 team. Now he is fluent against both pace and spin . He is getting better day by day. On the other hand sakib was much better batsman than Kohli in 2008 but carrying his same old weekness aginst quality offspin till now .
One has to work with his limitations even when he is in the national team. Our players seem to be happy just been there
Old December 8, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

none of the players in the list should be rushed into the national team yet. room them so that they don't turn out to be like mosst of our players, i.e- national team e eshe khela bhule jaowa
Old December 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
AL- Amin Had 20 wickets in last 2 matches . He is quite tall with with decent pace. His bowling figures of last 4 innings are

5/33
3/45
5/53
7/36
BBI for any BD pacer in all first class (includes test) matches??? i think so.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 8, 2011, 09:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't understand why Sabbir is not picked in every t20 match we play! Why are we afraid to give chance to young players even in the t20 matches?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 8, 2011, 10:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tail-ender
I don't understand why Sabbir is not picked in every t20 match we play! Why are we afraid to give chance to young players even in the t20 matches?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
because we are afraid we are gonna loose the match as a result !!!

SARCASM....

I watched Shabbir closely in the SA games and he played better than hom, Ashraful and Naeem!! Good luck explaining that to the selectors...