facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2012, 07:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

thanks Ian P for the info,
the question is if he gets a chance at which position should he bat? what is his strength ? is he more of a finisher or innings builder?

Old March 5, 2012, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Anamul doesn't speak that great deal of English . I wonder how the likes of Ian and other foreign coaches communicate with him .
Old March 5, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Anamul doesn't speak that great deal of English . I wonder how the likes of Ian and other foreign coaches communicate with him .
He may not speak good English but i am sure he understands English. Moreover, Cricket has its own language
Old March 5, 2012, 07:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
I say the cutesy shots are fine as long as they are reserved for T20s. And thanks for sharing your views with us Ian. I must say Ian and the DG management deserve a lot of credit for consistently backing Anamul and sending him to bat in the top order. Must have done his confidence a lot of good. We all saw what Barishal did to Mominul after he played the match-winning knock against Khulna. He was demoted to number 8 and even Kabir Ali was sent to bat ahead of him.

Ps. I still maintain Mominul > Anamul
I was literally pulling my hair off seeing Arafat, Kabir Ali batting ahead of Mominul. Mominul may not be a slogger but at least he can play better shots than those twos.

Regarding who's better...i would say Mominul and Anamul both are different type of batsmen. Mominul is a calm and steady type batsman who likes to spend time on the crease and then take off whereas Anamul is fluent from the moment go. Both of them are effective in their own ways and match situation.
Old March 5, 2012, 08:15 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
I was literally pulling my hair off seeing Arafat, Kabir Ali batting ahead of Mominul. Mominul may not be a slogger but at least he can play better shots than those twos.

Regarding who's better...i would say Mominul and Anamul both are different type of batsmen. Mominul is a calm and steady type batsman who likes to spend time on the crease and then take off whereas Anamul is fluent from the moment go. Both of them are effective in their own ways and match situation.
Even Lalla is a better batsman than these 2
Old March 5, 2012, 08:16 AM
Banned

Asif played only match and didnt play anymore..

He shudve played ahead of monir hossain/muktar or even sabbir
Old March 5, 2012, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good to see coach Ian speak so highly of Anamul. I'm a firm believer as well that Anamul and Mominul, along with Nasir will be our future stars. Might as well include both Anamul and Mominul in to the squad for the Asia Cup. I mean who else can we put in instead of them? The other players have been fringes for a while and have proven time and again that they are inconsistent players. Since we're still a struggling team, it's time to try others and take risks. We got rewarded with Nasir, so we should take our chances with Mominul and Anamul sooner rather then later.
Old March 5, 2012, 10:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

i feel sorry for Asif...didn't got many chances in the bpl and everybody forgot him..may be next year he'll have enough chances to shine
Old March 5, 2012, 10:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I was watching U-19 very closely this year. These lads performed very well. Some of them were emphatic in the BPL.

Only urge to the BCB - don't rush and give them ample opportunity with all the available resources to grow and mature.
Old March 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
He will learn...
Old March 5, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

nasir is an exception, i dont think we find exceptions so frequently
Old March 5, 2012, 09:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Good points, Ian. I think staying hungry is the most important; everything else will follow. If he stays hungry for success and work on improving his skills all his life, he can be a big star. In any top league, the stars are always working the hardest. Michael Jordan did not stop after winning one NBA championship! Bradman would not be happy after scoring a century. He would be upset after getting out at 334!
Old March 5, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i feel sorry for Asif...didn't got many chances in the bpl and everybody forgot him..may be next year he'll have enough chances to shine
I'm hoping this kind of things will make players like Asif and Mominul work twice as hard, so that come next time when they finally do get their chance they will be ready for it. Young players will Mominul, Asif, Al-Amin will get plenty of more chances along the way, and I hope when those chances do come they will be ready to make the most of it.
Old March 5, 2012, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Selectors,

Please bring one of these players in 2nd TEST. Please !!!! Please !!!!

This recycling business must stop. Its not that we are trying to safe the world by recycling.

We need fresh few more fresh new blood one after another... and the process should start now....the team collapse completely.
Amin...mamu..
Old March 6, 2012, 02:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Anamul gets selected. Hope selectors havent gotten this wrong. I still feel he is not ready for the step up. At least he should play some A team cricket for a while. Hope we dont lose another quality youngster by bringing him in too early
Old March 6, 2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

^^^

Bringing players early never destroys them. Its the system thats not perfect for our players
Old March 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^how come? young players don't have that mental development or growth yet. they might not be able to cope with the pressure. this can hamper their confidence
Old March 6, 2012, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Anamul's interview is evidence of how detached our domestic leagues and age group cricket are from the realities of professional, international cricket. He seems to have been overwhelmed by the BPL experience and it sort of explains why the transition to international cricket is a bigger deal for our guys than for players in some of the better teams in the world.
Old March 8, 2012, 02:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
They ought not debut before 30.
That's way too late for Subcontinent players. 25/26 should be the ideal age IMO.
Old March 8, 2012, 02:55 AM

I see Anamul has every symptom that Ash, Aftab has. I desperately hope he proves me wrong.
Old March 8, 2012, 06:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I see Anamul has every symptom that Ash, Aftab has. I desperately hope he proves me wrong.
I too am against playing Anamul so early. And i too hope he proves me wrong. Maybe he ll get a couple of good knocks. But what happens after that is the critical phase. Anamul has a few similarities with Sri Lanka's Dinesh Chandimal who i feel will become one of the worlds best in the coming years. Both are keepers and attacking right handed batsmen. Chandimal is 22, while Anamul is 19. But the difference is Chandimal has close to 3000 first class runs and almost averages close to 60. He has also been with the A Team, Presidents XI etc before he was brought into the national team. This somewhat explains the maturity he shows. Will Anamul do that? Time will tell