facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 16, 2007, 12:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Double Standard? Pilot's situation vs Bashar

When the WC 15 was named, Pilot was treated like [], He thought and personally we all thought he was gonna be the WK in the WC. He was assured that he wasn't going to lose his place due to Injury. Guess what happened the selectors made the correct decision and kicked Pilot off the team.

Remember before the series, there was speculation that Bashar was going gonna get dropped and Ash was gonna be captain. What happened I hear this [] from Akram Khan and the BCB (Can't find the link) on how they'll do things different and handle this issue with class(Can't find the quote) and let Bashar decide.

Heres what Akram Khan had to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram Khan
"Let us leave the issue on Bashar. We should respect a player who has a lot of contribution to our cricket. I think it is best to leave him alone to take the decision whether he will continue his one-day career. Bashar is the best judge in this matter"
Now I wanna know where was Class when they threw pilot off the ship? They threw class out the window and Mushi rewarded them. They should throw class out the window and kick a Bashar off the ship. I know Akram Khan admitted that he was wrong about Mushy but now he's a selector and he has to throw the hammer down on Bashar and his BFF Belim.

Now my question is does Akram have the [] to kick his friends off the team? He's got 2 nephews who can replace them along with SN, Pilot has done just as much for Bangladesh cricket as Bashar has if you kick one out you can do the same to the other.

Old May 16, 2007, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Akram has 2 nephews, one of them is currently playing in ODI with his own merit. When Faruque became the selector, the selection of Rajin was questioned so many times,, but Rajin did prove his mettle and provided the trust back. Akram may do the same and fortunately the Iqbal brothers are no Bashar or Raqibul Islam. However, there will be 2 more selectors besides the captain and coach. I dont think Akram can influence much beyond normalcy as he is not the cheif selector*(yet). Whether or not he has the ba#@s to throw out his freinds from the squad remains to be seen but I am optimistic that the new selection comittee will do a better job than Faruque. I openly admitted that I didnt like Faruque much and still dont... but I also think he gave the foundation for the future selection comittee to make bold decisions against popular demands and did what he thought was right for the selection. We will hope Akram and Co. will follow that track or make it even better and neutral. I would actually like to see Shujon with him as selectors as I think Shujon was the real "captain"
Old May 16, 2007, 11:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

it's still faruikka's world... and welcome to it... not for long thankfully...