facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 12, 2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
This is 'moderate' Bangladesh. Can't blame some uneducated village guy or a richshawpuller for these comments. These are urban, modern, aware people...

This is why we have to be vigilant....
It's a lost cause. Really. We are corrupt to the core, and espouse religiosity at every occasion. We defile everything. We are no better.

Old September 12, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
This is 'moderate' Bangladesh. Can't blame some uneducated village guy or a richshawpuller for these comments. These are urban, modern, aware people...

This is why we have to be vigilant, the intolerance in our national psyche is barely hidden and not far from boiling over.
Excellent point.

It chills me to my bones how these moderates can sit in your average living room, sipping tea and nashta while talking about how Jews are responsible for every wrong doing in the world and enemies of Islam are on the decline and Islam will rule the world and etc etc. These are regular people, uncles and aunties that are otherwise completely sane. I don't ever want to meet an extremist, then.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Such a deplorable act and not to mention I wholeheartedly condemn this (and I am sure majority of the 'civilized' Muslim world is with me on this)....

Killing a diplomat is a whole new level, but I bet the attackers cant even reach that high up in the thought process in their head. To the attackers it was probably just killing few 'them'. Heck, next up they'll go back to fight among themselves...

Libyan authority claims this was done by pro-Gaddafi group to achieve whatever they wanted to achieve .... and over there its just too easy to get a bunch riled up exploiting religion.

Having said all these, how should the Muslim world respond? I am sure a lot of condolences will be flowing in to the US (& the bereaved families).... all condemning the act, but is that good enough?

Can we actually do something to ensure this wont happen again? Is anyone addressing the actual problem here? I guess we all know the answers to these.....
Old September 12, 2012, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
read the comments the PA news fetched......very confused world

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...12/news/288727

t।
I am willing to wager that 80% of people with such mindsets have relatives in the 'West" and at least 40% have applied for visas of some western country or the other...

But they are confused, terribly confused.

Everything is a conspiracy to them , and if you dont believe their conspiracy theories, you are just a "gullible sheep"
Old September 12, 2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
SM LITON, ITALY,
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:১০
লিবিয়ায় নিযুক্ত মার্কিন রাষ্ট্রদূত ক্রিস্টোফার স্টিভেনস গতকাল মঙ্গলবার রাতে রকেট হামলায় নিহত হয়েছেন।
Thank you for the information. I like cricket.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Excellent point.

It chills me to my bones how these moderates can sit in your average living room, sipping tea and nashta while talking about how Jews are responsible for every wrong doing in the world and enemies of Islam are on the decline and Islam will rule the world and etc etc. These are regular people, uncles and aunties that are otherwise completely sane. I don't ever want to meet an extremist, then.
When i was 12, i got terribly confused when "Uncles" were discussing the US and the conclusion was "........ dhongsho kachhei, onek kacche" , when quite a few of them had actually visited the country they were talking about.

And yes, the most vocal among them has both his kids living in the dhongsho nischit place now.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I am willing to wager that 80% of people with such mindsets have relatives in the 'West" and at least 40% have applied for visas of some western country or the other...

But they are confused, terribly confused.

Everything is a conspiracy to them , and if you dont believe their conspiracy theories, you are just a "gullible sheep"
The only reason that some of these people won't go on to engage in large scale terrorism around the world is that they are too lazy - give them bhaat and they'll go to sleep, letting the fat settle in all the wrong places.

The intolerance is pathetic, embarrassing, but at the same time has quite a funny and abrupt ending when they eat their bhaat and go to sleep.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Excellent point.

Visit comment section in any political article in Yahoo News! You will see not only extreme Islamophobic comments but rampant over the board Anti-Semitism as well. These are you regular middle class Americans. These are trolls and they exist everywhere!
Old September 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Visit comment section in any political article in Yahoo News! You will see not only extreme Islamophobic comments but rampant over the board Anti-Semitism as well. These are you regular middle class Americans. These are trolls and they exist everywhere!
I live and interact with regular middle class Americans. I don't EVER recall them harboring views of intolerance such as these.

Sure, there are islamophobes and racists in the US (and they are slightly more vocal now, post tea-party crap). But to imply that the lay American is rampantly Islamophobic and anti-semitic is simply foolish.

Mufi bhai, from my experience I have met only a handful of Bengalis (or Muslims for that matter) who do not seriously entertain a fuc*ed-up world-view.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Regular middle class Americans do not trawl the message boards. If you've been on the net long enough, you'll know these comment sections are crowded by the extremists of all views and they do not represent the middle class. If only deshis and similar immigrants actually got out of their ghettos and mixed with the populace at large, they would have seen that they are just like us and vice versa.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

TBH this board has often fascinated me as it is far more centrist than many average educated Bangalis i meet, who tends to hold very strong opinions. You may have spent 5 years in the UK or Canada, you may not be that practicing when it comes to Islam; but you religiously believe the "4000 ihudi WTC jainai", or that bl was not living in Pakistan .
Old September 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

'Regular' was a poor choice of word. In my 10 years in USA, I haven't met any such extreme people. I only see them in Message boards. I interact with a lot of people and almost all of them are genuinely nice people. I don't know where these trolls comes from then, whether in PA or in Yahoo articles.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
read the comments the PA news fetched......very confused world

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...12/news/288727

tafizur
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৬:৩৫
মার্কিন রকেট দিয়ে, মার্কিনদের মারল। ভাল খবর।

mukta rahman
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৬:৪৮
কি আশ্চর্য কথা তারাও মারা যান, তাদেরও মারা যায় !!!!! আমি ত জানতাম তারা শুধু মারেন, মরেন না।

Sayduzzaman
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:০২
লিবিয়ার জনগন এখন টের পাবে গাদ্দাফী কি ছিল, সব ষড়যেন্ত্রর হোতা আমিরিকা ভাল হইছে দুই একজন আমেরিকান মারা দরকার আছে

koushik
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:০৬
আবার শুরু হল .।

Md. Lutfar Rahman
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:০৭
সব দেশ থেকেই ,,,দেরকে এভাবেই মারা উচিত।

Bazlur Rahman
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:২৩
American has been playing with world people. Now they may watch the scenery and be astonished at the surprising works happening across the world. It is not new at all rather it is expected.

ayub
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:২৭
This is result.........
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:৩৮
After long time feeling so much happy. A ........by Islamic soldier

firoz ahmed
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৭:৪১
But the latest news released in "The Guardian" says ambassador killed this morning during visit to inspect the damage of attack last night in embassy.

kayas
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:০০
well done

AftabAlamgir
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:০২
আলহামদুলিল্লাহ....

SM LITON, ITALY,
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:১০
লিবিয়ায় নিযুক্ত মার্কিন রাষ্ট্রদূত ক্রিস্টোফার স্টিভেনস গতকাল মঙ্গলবার রাতে রকেট হামলায় নিহত হয়েছেন।

Toushif
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:১৭
কিছু পেতে হলে কিছুতো খো্যাতে হবে !!!!!!!!!!

Toushif
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:১৯
এসব আমেরিকার সাজানো নাটকও হতে পারে !!!!
২০১২.০৯.১২ ১৮:২৩
লিবিয়ার জনগন এখন টের পাবে গাদ্দাফী কি ছিল, সব ষড়যেন্ত্রর হোতা আমিরিকা ভাল হইছে দুই একজন আমেরিকান মারা দরকার আছে

sofiq
২০১২.০৯.১২ ২০:১০
এটাও আমেরীকার সাজানো নাটক হতে পারে । কারণ আমেরীকার কাজই হলো নিজেই নিজের লোক মেরে অন্যার কাঁদে চাপানো।
that's terrible
Old September 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Religion simply can't be more important than people's lives !!! Now I am really scared for my dear ones

And just look at those pathetic comments by our people on PA.. It's really scary that we are surrounded by these people...
Old September 12, 2012, 10:43 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Mitt Romney coming across like the douche he is...scoring points off the Ambassador and not doing it very well.

Wanting the US to attack...attack who? what? the jihadists you helped to arm when overthrowing Gaddafi?
Old September 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Religion simply can't be more important than people's lives !!! Now I am really scared for my dear ones

And just look at those pathetic comments by our people on PA.. It's really scary that we are surrounded by these people...
its not about religion or life..its about interpretation of religion to take life or its interpretation to live life....
Old September 12, 2012, 11:36 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya

Apu, religion doesn't tell us to blow up a building or to kill innocent people or to practice abhorrence. It's those Munafiqs who misapprehend and misinterprete the message and take advantage of some ignorant people. Islam is a beautiful religion but unfortunately some sick and evil people are using it in the wrong direction. We have problems, religion doesn't.
Old September 12, 2012, 11:48 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

When something as terrible as this happens I hear people saying "the people who did it aren't muslims" but to me this is getting really tiring as an excuse isn't it? Whether it is the Libyans scaling walls of U.S Embassy or the Prothom Alo commenters... regardless of what we think these ARE average god fearing Muslims. Prothom Alo is not an extremist news paper and yet we have comments like these. I am pretty sure most of these commenters know more suras and ayaats than I do and most probably pray and go to mosques more regularly than I do as well. This is what scares me... whether it is them who are a minority or is it people like me ?
Old September 12, 2012, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ Ditto. Exactly how I felt as I read through this thread. I just didn't know what to say. Then your post summed it up pretty well.

I used to think Bangladeshi muslims were a bit sane when it comes to religion. But I guess not.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Apu, religion doesn't tell us to blow up a building or to kill innocent people or to practice abhorrence. It's those Munafiqs who misapprehend and misinterprete the message and take advantage of some ignorant people. Islam is a beautiful religion but unfortunately some sick and evil people are using it in the wrong direction. We have problems, religion doesn't.
I know that bhaia... I believe in my religion and I respect each and every word of it but what I am saying is how can people be so blind for religion ... Even if someone showed disrespect to our prophet that by no means gives us the right to kill someone.. Jiboner jonno dhormo, dhormer jonno jibon na.. These people are just giving Islam a bad name.. What worries me the most is it's just not a scattered incident.. These people (no matter which religion they belong to) have been doing it for ages.. Taking lives Of innocent people in the name of religion
Old September 12, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4dXZfUs4I&t=6m2s
Old September 12, 2012, 01:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^^ Ditto. Exactly how I felt as I read through this thread. I just didn't know what to say. Then your post summed it up pretty well.

I used to think Bangladeshi muslims were a bit sane when it comes to religion. But I guess not.
I used to think Californians were more smart when it comes to news and politics. But I guess not.

See, what happened there? You generalized all 140+ million Bangladeshi Muslims by reading some comments in PA articles and I generalized all Californians based on your post. These generalization and putting everyone in one basket is what causes all the problems.
Old September 12, 2012, 01:51 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
I used to think Californians were more smart when it comes to news and politics. But I guess not.

See, what happened there? You generalized all 140+ million Bangladeshi Muslims by reading some comments in PA articles and I generalized all Californians based on your post. These generalization and putting everyone in one basket is what causes all the problems.
and by saying this you are making yet another generalization
Old September 12, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Poor guy had nothing to do with this stupid video, yet had to give his life to some barbarians, so called Muslims. Really sad.
Old September 12, 2012, 01:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
and by saying this you are making yet another generalization
Yes only to prove that generalizations of an entire population based on action of few is not so sane.