facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 8, 2010, 01:10 AM
First Class Cricketer

Shahadat should bat up. He is one of our best players now...

Old February 8, 2010, 01:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Lets watch the match between India and South Africa. SA is grilling India like New Zealand is doing it to BD.
Old February 8, 2010, 01:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Our players should take a break for a long time. For days and nights, they should just watch players like Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Hashim Amla and Chanderpaul and feel how to set their minds.
Old February 8, 2010, 02:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yorker
Our players should take a break for a long time. For days and nights, they should just watch players like Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Hashim Amla and Chanderpaul and feel how to set their minds.
Skills arent built by watching ... ;-)
Old February 8, 2010, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Yeah, Ashraful's been watching and worshiping Tendulkar all his life.
Old February 8, 2010, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Then how? Walk before you can run. First step in learning a foreign language is to hear first and then speak and THEN hear and speak at the same time. If you ask them to multi task they WILL make leje gobre out of the situation.

With all due respect to Polya, things like mathematics and such CAN be a spectator sport. Give more credit to your brain than you already do. If your brain is smart enough to pick up complex skills such as riding bicycle and tying shoes when you are a kid, then it sure isn't a dummy that it won't know how to apply stuffs by watching people.

But the thing is our players lack dedication. 5 mins. after it...they will be yawning. Herein lies the problem.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 8, 2010, 04:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Bangladesh one year, does really good. Then the following year fails to live upto the expectation!
and the cycle continues
But I don't think we've been this bad? It's like i am watching the 2003 version of BD cricket!?!
If we score 250+ and lose, I can accept defeat..but when its like this..it hurts because it porves how weak they are mentaly, their lack of committment and their stupidity!
I blame Lotus Kamal =P After his comments, Bangladesh have been playing even worse
Old February 8, 2010, 05:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

The main problem as we all know is that most of our btsmn doesn't take singles & rotate the strike.
Exactly what Aftab & Ash did yesterday.
Whereas Mushy,Ryad,Naeem were looking more positive & tried to find gaps,take singles.
Old February 8, 2010, 05:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

As Prothom Alo reported, Hira also mentioned the mismanagement of BCB. BD had to take the flight on the last night of the 2nd Test. 30+ hours journey and BD had no match practice also there was no net practice before the first match. Rubbish planning by BCB. We can not point out the players only BCB also have to take the responsibility of this messed up situation.

I've fullest support for the players. They are doing their 100%. It is the officials to blame.
Old February 8, 2010, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

sad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some say Bangladesh aren't minows
some say Bangladesh aren't the weakest link
some say Bangladesh's batting have improved
some say Bangladesh's captain have leadership skills

but i say Bangladesh are still the SAME or even worse then before
I told you guys before that every year we get a new hero...

2006 year of S Nafees
2007 year of Ashraful
2008/09 year of Sakib/Rakib/Tamim
2010 year of Riyad or Naeem

sakib is another ashraful...

ur right mate..
Old February 8, 2010, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
these conditions are not suitable to Bd batsmen, the ball moves and bounces more. Typically Nzers are very good at exploiting their conditions. I think you will find subcontinent teams always struggle at the start of the tour there. Bd have been playing on low slow wickets far too long.

This tour was really poorly planned. They needed atleast 2 practice matches before taking on Nz national side.

So true! I was also wondering that no bouncy wickets are prepared in BD for these guys to play on. Also, there was no training camp before the tour,they left one day after the test match against India, very, very poor planning. No warm up games, even when they arrived in NZ, there was rain, I heard that they could not practice outdoors.
The kiwis are at home and know how to play on the bouncy wicket, and they have terrific players who know how to exploit BD's weaknesses.
As i have said before, this is a tour of very low expectations, NZ are using this tour as getting in form to play the Aussies.

Yesterday, I really thought that BD will collapse for under 100 runs, but they surprised all by taking their score to 193 for 8 to show some form of respectability.
Old February 8, 2010, 08:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

The thing is almost none of our players are close to world-class, so we can't expect from any of our bowlers to just rip through the batting order of the opposition, or one of our batsmen to just blast his way through to take us to the victory. Collective contribution is what is a must for a team like ours, so even failure in one single segment of the game will nullify all the hard work done by other players. You'll see whenever we win matches, we don't flop in any of the parts of the game. Clicking together is what we can wait for.
Old February 8, 2010, 08:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Whats going on with the BD team??? Why and How are they managing to find more and more new ways to embarass the nation???

Whats going on with me??? Why and How am i managing to find this mental/physical/emotional strength to watch this pathetic excuse of a team EVERY SINGLE BLOODY MATCH!!

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old February 8, 2010, 02:31 PM
Club Cricketer

I will blame BCB first. How come there were no practice matches? Don't players need time to adjust to jetlag (1 week)?
Old February 8, 2010, 02:35 PM
Cricket Sage

someone needs to get in these players faces, in NFL a player drops one catch the coach rip them apart in front of everybody. Our management is practically baby sitting them, its about time we do something different. How can we be down by 35 something for 5, and go back to the dressing room and have the most calmest expression on our face.
Old February 8, 2010, 02:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Whats going on is No.2, 3, 4, and 5 as a collection are not even giving a bare minimum on return. Tamim didn't score yesterday ( you can't expect him to do so every time ) and the rest just fell apart like a deck of cards. However, at least one player from no.6, 7 and 8 are scoring almost every match. It was Rahim and Naeem yesterday. It will be Riyad and somebody else next time, or possibly all three contributing. Good signs. But, when your cream fails like this, you can't expect to put up a decent score, let alone a winning score. So, that is the story..
Old February 8, 2010, 03:07 PM
BC Editorial Team

I blame our BCB a lot. Just when the team was getting in good shape and put together a few good scores, our head guy goes and puts the team on disarray. I wonder what the atmosphere is like in the dressing room ..
Old February 8, 2010, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I blame our BCB a lot. Just when the team was getting in good shape and put together a few good scores, our head guy goes and puts the team on disarray. I wonder what the atmosphere is like in the dressing room ..
Yeah right, exactly how is it BCB's fault that our top and middle order just sucks? No one can help players who play moronically.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

For all fellow fans: No expectations No frustrations!!
Old February 8, 2010, 03:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I really hate to say this....I think I am losing interest in BD cricket in general....not only the national, but Under-19, domestic, NCL and Women's (which is almost gone and diasappeared anyway).

It is truly sad indeed, but I do not find the motivation, energy anymore.

I will still fool around in BC in the "Forget Cricket" section.
Old February 8, 2010, 03:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I'll tell you how the atmosphere was like when were 50-5. every time the camera focus on our dressing room, some one had a muchki hashi, and no concern what so ever in their face. our management is too laid back, specially the coaches.
Old February 8, 2010, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
I'll tell you how the atmosphere was like when were 50-5. every time the camera focus on our dressing room, some one had a muchki hashi, and no concern what so ever in their face. our management is too laid back, specially the coaches.
Shafiul looked like he was going to cry. Ashraful, however, was laughing his pacha off.
Old February 8, 2010, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

what's going on is that in each match, only one player is standing out. The only time we win matches is when several players stands out. The 1st odi was Tamim and the Second it was only Mushy and SAiful ... in each department atleast 3-4 needs to stand out to even thinking of winning or atleast putting up a good fight!!!
Old February 8, 2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I really hate to say this....I think I am losing interest in BD cricket in general....not only the national, but Under-19, domestic, NCL and Women's (which is almost gone and diasappeared anyway).

It is truly sad indeed, but I do not find the motivation, energy anymore.

I will still fool around in BC in the "Forget Cricket" section.
This "Failure Fatigue" happened to all BD cricket fans in the past ten years. A couple of good wins will clear it right up Javed. Just don't give up. "Fan"atism is like the economic cycle, up & down.....
Old February 8, 2010, 06:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Shafiul looked like he was going to cry. Ashraful, however, was laughing his pacha off.
bhai bujhen nah keno, ar dui din pore bachelor thakbe nah. might as well enjoy his time with the guys.