facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
Good idea to drop Riyad, a guy who scored a 61 ball 68 against the Australians in his last game must be dropped to make room for the newbies!
Yes its sad, but you have to take into consideration that we have a new coach and you need to impress the coach forgeting about the past. The TEST was the 1st opportunity to impress the new coach. Where Ash utilized the opportunity, Riyad failed to present his case the opportunity he got.

Looks like Nasir showed enough to get coach's attention and someone need to go. And this time most likely it will be Riyad.

That's the way it worked in professional sports. You need to perform at the right time to get the break that you may think that you deserve.

Old August 11, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Yes its sad, but you have to take into consideration that we have a new coach and you need to impress the coach forgeting about the past. The TEST was the 1st opportunity to impress the new coach. Where Ash utilized the opportunity, Riyad failed to present his case the opportunity he got.
Its seems like its not our friendship day today. Have to disagree with you...AGAIN. A proven performer should not be retained in the side on the basis of impressing a new coach. I'm not saying Riyad is a Tendulaker or Dravid but would they have to impress the new coach before they are selected.

Again, you're penalising Riyad for his poor show at an one-off TEST match for ODI here. He is one of our better performers in recent ODIs. I don't see the logic. Myabe, the fast has got to me!

PS- Its the captain who is supposed to have the major say in picking the playing XI...not the new coach.
Old August 11, 2011, 10:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Its seems like its not our friendship day today. Have to disagree with you...AGAIN. A proven performer should not be retained in the side on the basis of impressing a new coach. I'm not saying Riyad is a Tendulaker or Dravid but would they have to impress the new coach before they are selected.
Based on my interpretation on what we are hearing, it looks like TEST perforamnce MAY have played a role selecting the 1st ODI team. Riyad's postion in the team was not rock solid in the team anyway. Riyad has some success and some failures, I don't think Riyad falls under "proven performer".

Quote:
Again, you're penalising Riyad for his poor show at an one-off TEST match for ODI here. He is one of our better performers in recent ODIs. I don't see the logic. Myabe, the fast has got to me!
I am not penalizing anybody and I also know that TEST is not ODI. But I also know that Riyad's position in the team is not rock solid and he need to impress the new coach to get more playing time.

btw I wouldn't complain if Riyad is in the team. I am happy as long as Nasir is in the team, with or without Riyad.

Quote:
PS- Its the captain who is supposed to have the major say in picking the playing XI...not the new coach.
I think things have changed from Siddon. I think Law is more involved in selection of the final 11 than Siddon used to be. I think you will seee more evidence in future. He is gradually putting his authority there.

Is it good or Bad for Bangladesh cricket, thats a different discussion.
Old August 11, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Riyad is not getting dropped.

It's going to be the same team that played in the Test except Nasir/Nazmul(depends on the pitch) in place of Robiul.
Old August 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think it should be Hom vs Riyad for the #6/7 spot and Nasir vs Razzak for the #8 spot. I think it would be hard on riyad to get the chop after that knock against Australia but its not like Riyad has won us matches with his batting. And at many times during games, when we needed to push the run rate up, he's struggled to up the tempo. Bottom line is that he has to bat at #4 or #5 to have enough time to settle in. The problem is since Ash and Shakib are occupying those spots, Riyad has to go down to #6/7 which is tough for him since he takes time to settle in. So should try to look for a guy that come in at 6/7 to come in and takes less time to settle in. If Sohel bhai is right about Hom, he could be a good fit for us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old August 11, 2011, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-Flower
If Zim doesnt win at least 4-1, i will run all over this forum naked with all three stumps showing lol

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
With the bell's intact, or on the ground getting knocked over? Never mind..lol
Old August 11, 2011, 10:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I think it should be Hom vs Riyad for the #6/7 spot and Nasir vs Razzak for the #8 spot. I think it would be hard on riyad to get the chop after that knock against Australia but its not like Riyad has won us matches with his batting. And at many times during games, when we needed to push the run rate up, he's struggled to up the tempo. Bottom line is that he has to bat at #4 or #5 to have enough time to settle in. The problem is since Ash and Shakib are occupying those spots, Riyad has to go down to #6/7 which is tough for him since he takes time to settle in. So should try to look for a guy that come in at 6/7 to come in and takes less time to settle in. If Sohel bhai is right about Hom, he could be a good fit for us.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
I am not convinced with his List A records. Again we are picking a ODI player based on his FC records.

If he should have been in the squad then it had to be in the test match first. We are doing the same mistakes over and over again!!
Old August 11, 2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: shakib,shourav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I am not Zimslog Although, I did make another name in Lowkey. . .
lowkey fan?
Old August 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedzero
Keo ki Sylheti bhasha te eta bolte parben?? ==>> " Amar ta ami khai, tomar tao ami khai "

Please don't do it, emni dushtami korlam lol bujhte parlei holo, korar dorkar nai
amar gu ami khaugga, tumar guo ami .....
chi chi vai aishob ki chinta vabna apnar
ami shorol mone translate korte gelam
p.s i am not from sylhet
Old August 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have played each other 31 times in the last five years, with Bangladesh winning 23 of those encounters. Overall, they have clashed 51 times, with 28 victories going the way of Bangladesh and 23 wins to Zimbabwe.

Shahriar Nafees's batting average against Zimbabwe is 62.41, almost double his overall average of 33.34. Three of his four hundreds came against them, including his highest score of 123.

Ray Price's best bowling figures of 4 for 22 came against Bangladesh in January 2009. His highest score with the bat, 46, was also achieved against Bangladesh in August that same year.
Old August 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by banfan2
lowkey fan?
Lowkey is a Don... Lyrical genius, and by far the best MC in britian.
Old August 11, 2011, 11:10 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
i say drop Razzak and bring in Nasir!!!

Nasir wont do do worse with the ball than lalla and his batting at number 8 will be BONUS

Drop Robiul, brin gin Nazmul and keep the rest as the test match.
cant drop lalla..its odi and vs zim..so razzak is a auto choice in any given pitch

dont agree with mahmudullah being drop though..this guy was given an opportunity for the 1st time in the middle order in the last odi and he did preety well..no point dropping him based on one test match..odi and test are whole different ball game
Old August 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Even though he scored 68 of 61 ... He quit during the most important part of the Run Chase and than scored freely when the match was out of reach and there less pressure.

I would also say that SN did wilt during the Run Chase as well, as he couldn't come to terms with bowling but he did make a effort to try to up the RR but failed.

Still too much turnover in the team and I don't like it

If Hom and Nasir are chosen than they better be given a full run of games.
Old August 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Quote:
Your bangla's probably 50 times better than mine, I'm from a different city in Bangladesh all together .
I'm from Syhlet, so I speak a different dialect. It is almost completely different to Shuddho Basha...

e.g. ''Dactar ashar purbe rugi mara gelo'' in Syhleti is ''dactor awar ageu rugi mara gese'' which translates to '' before the doctor came, the patient had died.
Sorry to bring this up again, but does this mean people from Syhleti find it difficult to communicate with people from Dhaka? Which Bangla dialect is considered standard? Last but not least, which dialect gets you the chicks?:-) I'm asking all this because I speak Brazilian Portuguese and I find it difficult to communicate with someone from Portugal or Angola so I was just wondering if it's the same in your case. Dhonnobad bhai :-)

Old August 11, 2011, 11:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lowkey is a Don... Lyrical genius, and by far the best MC in britian.
Old August 11, 2011, 01:24 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Kupa NasirUddin Sah kupa

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old August 11, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimSlog
Sorry to bring this up again, but does this mean people from Syhleti find it difficult to communicate with people from Dhaka? Which Bangla dialect is considered standard? Last but not least, which dialect gets you the chicks?:-) I'm asking all this because I speak Brazilian Portuguese and I find it difficult to communicate with someone from Portugal or Angola so I was just wondering if it's the same in your case. Dhonnobad bhai :-)

Are u really from zimbabwe? Or are u a Banglafan in disguise?

Old August 11, 2011, 01:30 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Are u really from zimbabwe? Or are u a Banglafan in disguise?

I am Zimbo-Bangla :-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Nice to know that
Old August 11, 2011, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

ZimSlog is exposed !!!!!

he is our pollmaster.... mia bhai.
Old August 11, 2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
ZimSlog is exposed !!!!!

he is our pollmaster.... mia bhai.
So why he is in disguise?
Old August 11, 2011, 02:03 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Kupa NasirUddin Sah kupa

lol.. Bhai tumio kichu shikaye diyo kivabhe kupakupi te expert hote hoy..:p
Old August 11, 2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Never before did a match have so much importance just to answer the off-field issues like whats going on....for the first time, more than to prove something to the opponents, i hope we win this and the series convincingly to put all trash speculations into the garbage where they belong
Old August 11, 2011, 02:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:

Zimbo Bangla in the sense that I'm a Zimbo who loves Bangladesh and a part of me feels like I'm a part of you. I love the Bangla people especially (I hope I'm not getting out of line) the women. One person I'd really like to see in person is WarWolf! I imagine he's a dude with a thick moustache and he's probably fat and short! Anyway cheers bhais and apus see you tomorrow during the match ;-)

Old August 11, 2011, 02:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Zimbo Bangla in the sense that I'm a Zimbo who loves Bangladesh and a part of me feels like I'm a part of you. I love the Bangla people especially (I hope I'm not getting out of line) the women. One person I'd really like to see in person is WarWolf! I imagine he's a dude with a thick moustache and he's probably fat and short! Anyway cheers bhais and apus see you tomorrow during the match ;-)

And we all would like to see you.