facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2009, 02:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Replacement of Ash...

To start with Congrate to Brave Tiger, It was well earned 2nd test victory. After watching the game; analysis at my own. All of our boys have shown some sorts of determination even with 9 uncaped WI player. Nevertheless, Win is a win.
Goin to my point after watching Ash performance so far this series who has played 8 yrs for BD team hasn't been able to put up any sort of consistency; most of you would agree with in this case. I think it's time to call up Alok Kapali back in this series to replace Ash; i am confident Alok will do far better than Ash..have your say...
And Congragulation Mash and Shakib for their 1ST TEST WIN ...JOB WELL DONE

Last edited by tigerpain; July 14, 2009 at 03:18 PM..

Old July 14, 2009, 02:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

ICL'ers cant come until next year
Old July 14, 2009, 02:58 PM
Club Cricketer

This is just a bull crap...why not !!! for greater benefit we got to bring back those kids...with those new kids along with experience one would make a profound team ...we have to lift up those BS ban on those ICLers'...
Old July 14, 2009, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

No Id rather keep him, he scored a century last series.

165 runs at an average of 41.25.

So why drop for one bad match in batting, he performed with the ball.

And to be fair, he was in a really bad position in the 2nd innings, because we needed quick runs, and in this scenario, Ash would have always gone overboard.

SO NO!

Keep him
Old July 14, 2009, 03:08 PM
Banned

There is none in BD that could replacr ASH.Man don't you remember the breakthrough that he gave us in both innings especially in the 2nd innings where we needed that wk badly.

and this guy also have loads of talents with the bowl......And if he was continuing bowling like when he came in the NT team by now he would have been one of the best spinner in Bangladesh!
Old July 14, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Who's Shakil?
Old July 14, 2009, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
No Id rather keep him, he scored a century last series.

165 runs at an average of 41.25.

So why drop for one bad match in batting, he performed with the ball.

And to be fair, he was in a really bad position in the 2nd innings, because we needed quick runs, and in this scenario, Ash would have always gone overboard.

SO NO!

Keep him
I agreed
Old July 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpain
And Congragulation Mash and Shakil for their 1ST TEST WIN ...JOB WELL DONE
And who is Shakil ??
Old July 14, 2009, 03:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Why are disgruntled fans of Ash opening threads like this. What has Ash done so badly that so many people want to see him kicked out? He is still a valuable member of the team and a team player. He was there as support for Sakib, giving him advice and moral support, so I think these threads about Ash should be stopped. How come, no one is asking for Raqibal to be thrown out. I feel that he should be dropped.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
To start with Congrate to Brave Tiger, It was well earned 2nd test victory. After watching the game; analysis at my own. All of our boys have shown some sorts of determination even with 9 uncaped WI player. Nevertheless, Win is a win.
Goin to my point after watching Ash performance so far this series who has played 8 yrs for BD team hasn't been able to put up any sort of consistency; most of you would agree with in this case. I think it's time to call up Alok Kapali back in this series to replace Ash; i am confident Alok will do far better than Ash..have you say...
And Congragulation Mash and Shakil for their 1ST TEST WIN ...JOB WELL DONE
Dude what has Alok done? He also played for long long time for BD again done worst than Ash and the confident word is useless because you are saying your confident about alok but is Alok really confident himself who will play in the middle not you?
Old July 14, 2009, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Why are disgruntled fans of Ash opening threads like this. What has Ash done so badly that so many people want to see him kicked out? He is still a valuable member of the team and a team player. He was there as support for Sakib, giving him advice and moral support, so I think these threads about Ash should be stopped. How come, no one is asking for Raqibal to be thrown out. I feel that he should be dropped.
True.Don't talk about us fan because it doesn't worth.As a fan we are horrible & disgusted.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Ash probably needs a rest, NOT a kick out.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:25 PM
Club Cricketer

It wasn't as personal as it is sound. We as a fan have our best interest to see our team is doing the best; in this case if we need to bash someone for greater benefit I won't hesitage to do so...
In another note, Alok is my choice due to fact of his last perform at ICL; He was highest scorer and his batting/balling far effective than Ash. If you look at Ash body language he seems rather tired or over confident. This Kid need a break or something ..He is not really upto his mark ...

Quote:

Last edited by tigerpain; July 14, 2009 at 03:32 PM..
Old July 14, 2009, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Ash probably needs a rest, NOT a kick out.
Yes, for now. I wouldn't have him in my XI for the second test, but I wouldn't drop him from the squad altogether either, at least not yet.

Now he might go on to score a hundred if picked for the second test, but it's high time we stopped letting these once-in-a-blue-moon innings fool us and explore options that will yield benefits on a more consistent basis in the long term.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
How come, no one is asking for Raqibal to be thrown out. I feel that he should be dropped.
May be Raqibal played just few TESTs and people are not sure what he has to offer given him few more chances.... versus (people may have different opinion on Ash, but) by this time everybody knows what Ash can provide to the team...

May be people disagree with you that we just don't bring a new kid in the team and then just drop him impateintely.

and may be some people thinks that you get pateient with the new player a little bit but there is no point to be lethergically patient with more experienced under achievers.

May be I answweered your question, then again may be not.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

If you replace Ash, look no further than Mehrab.

It is only possible in Bangladesh to judge a batsman's test eligibility by his performance in a reject T20 league. Doesn't even merit a response.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji

It is only possible in Bangladesh to judge a batsman's test eligibility by his performance in a reject T20 league. Doesn't even merit a response.
especially against those bunch of s*** bowler who bowl below 80mph without any variation. But the question might be what about Lahore Badsha's bowling attack...well what did Alok did again L.Badsha in 2 matches?? proves quality bowler is too good for alok(more often)
Old July 14, 2009, 03:38 PM
Club Cricketer

Point well taken... T20 performance shouldn't judgement ground. However, we have seen his batting style; playing against fast baller and/or Spin he has proven to well off. He didn't do well as much as we like to see like most of other BD Players. Very few of our players can say they are consistence match after match. I can not think many of them, Another point here to note that he didn't get enough chance like Ash did...so we have to keep those factors in mind as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji

Old July 14, 2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
This is just a bull crap...why not !!! for greater benefit we got to bring back those kids...with those new kids along with experience one would make a profound team ...we have to lift up those BS ban on those ICLers'...
We don't know how they're doing physically or in terms of form. The ICL is not a fair indication of either as a) it only involves the 20 over format and b) the quality of opposition is crap.

Let them play in the domestic leagues and make their way back. Some of them are good enough to be able to do so, which is why I'm really looking forward to the likes of SN, AK and MH playing for Bangladesh again. But for now, I personally am only thinking about the second test and as far as I'm concerned, we're playing a two-test series of which Ash has already failed 50% of the time. With capable men like MJ in the side, there's no reason why we shouldn't replace him in Grenada.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Point well taken... T20 performance shouldn't judgement ground. However, we have seen his batting style; playing against fast baller and/or Spin he has proven to well off. He didn't do well as much as we like to see like most of other BD Players. Very few of our players can say they are consistence match after match. I can not think many of them, Another point here to note that he didn't get enough chance like Ash did...so we have to keep those factors in mind as well...
so u trying to say ash have weakness against proper fast bowler? if so than i can bet my life with you that there is no batsman in BD that can handle fast bowler as Ash does.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc70
especially against those bunch of s*** bowler who bowl below 80mph without any variation. But the question might be what about Lahore Badsha's bowling attack...well what did Alok did again L.Badsha in 2 matches?? proves quality bowler is too good for alok(more often)
Alok played LB once. The match with ICL PAK never took place for the ICL world series.

Its funny how these 'Reject' guys are all coming back to internationals (Razzaq, Yusuf, Bond, Tuffey).

Some of the Indian players are also going to be picked up by the IPL. I won't be surprised to see Alok, Aftab and SN making their way there in the near future either.

So to summarize, Alok scoring runs against 2nd stringers makes him a loser but Ash scoring 9 & 6 against a world class WI bowling attack makes him king.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Actually Zainab, other than the obvious replacement of Mash, if it were up to me, I'd replace both Rock and Ash for the second test. Again, I'm not axing them from the squad, just the XI for the 2nd Test. We have other options, so why not attempt to exploit them?

Ash -> MJ
Rock -> Enam/Nazmul (based on pitch conditions; owing to the fact that we're already playing an extra batsman; and assuming that Robin will be replacing Mash)
Old July 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
Alok has his strength and weakness. Let him prove his match fitness and let him demonstrate that 20/20 hasn't swallowed him full in NCL.

It would be a disservice to our team and Alok if you just drag him down from his comfy sofa into the test arena and demand performance.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:45 PM
Club Cricketer

Absoulty; We got options to replace him so why not...chances of his failing is pretty obivious...Odds are against him anyway you look into it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
We don't know how they're doing physically or in terms of form. The ICL is not a fair indication of either as a) it only involves the 20 over format and b) the quality of opposition is crap.

Let them play in the domestic leagues and make their way back. Some of them are good enough to be able to do so, which is why I'm really looking forward to the likes of SN, AK and MH playing for Bangladesh again. But for now, I personally am only thinking about the second test and as far as I'm concerned, we're playing a two-test series of which Ash has already failed 50% of the time. With capable men like MJ in the side, there's no reason why we shouldn't replace him in Grenada.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:49 PM
Club Cricketer

FYI; in WI team 9 uncaped player so you do the math...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Alok played LB once. The match with ICL PAK never took place for the ICL world series.

Its funny how these 'Reject' guys are all coming back to internationals (Razzaq, Yusuf, Bond, Tuffey).

Some of the Indian players are also going to be picked up by the IPL. I won't be surprised to see Alok, Aftab and SN making their way there in the near future either.

So to summarize, Alok scoring runs against 2nd stringers makes him a loser but Ash scoring 9 & 6 against a world class WI bowling attack makes him king.