facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Former New Zealand fast bowler and current bowling coach of the same team Shane Bond said yesterday that Bangladesh deserved their 2-0 lead in the ongoing ODI series, praised the development of the Bangladesh team and claimed that the Tigers would be a threat to any team in very soon.

“We played some good cricket in patches, but not for long enough. There were times when we had Bangladesh under pressure and they responded very well. They totally deserver their 2-0 lead,” said Bond.

The 38-year old also informed New Zealand were concerned about another whitewash defeat, following the 4-0 hiding they received in 2010. “Oh yeah we talk about this and stuff, we talk about what we’ve learnt from the last series and what we can do differently, but that doesn’t change the fact that if the opposition outplays you, you get beaten. We have got a good side, we just need to play better,” said Bond.

Bond, who retired just before the previous tour of Bangladesh in 2010, praised the development and improvement of Bangladesh cricket and thought they were on the cusp of being a force in world cricket soon.

“I think they have come a long way. I played one of the early test matches against Bangladesh, you can see the confidence and experience grow. Although Bangladesh will be very difficult in home conditions, but the biggest challenge is how they will go when the wickets are a bit faster and bouncier. If they can get exposed to those kinds of wickets - history has shown what Sri Lanka has achieved - there’s no doubt about Bangladesh’s passion for cricket and the talent, that they will be a force wherever they play in the world,” he said.

Bond went on to specifically appraise Bangladesh’s pace bowlers. “I know Mashrafe (bin Mortaza) is a good new bowler, quite an experienced bowler. He had an injury but he looks fit and he is bowling fast and he has bowled well. Rubel (Hossain) gave us a demonstration of exactly how to bowl on these wickets and in these conditions. I thought he was exceptional. So no, I am not surprised. These guys have set a tone for the team up front. We always knew that spinners were going to be a challenge, but they have done a great job supporting the spinners. As a bowling unit, even though I think we bowled okay, I think they bowled better,” he said.
- See more at: http://www.dhakatribune.com/cricket/....HZoy4gZ7.dpuf

Old November 1, 2013, 01:42 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Always thought of Shane Bond as a champion bowler so it feels great to see him praising our bowlers and the team overall
Old November 1, 2013, 01:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Always thought of Shane Bond as a champion bowler so it feels great to see him praising our bowlers and the team overall
This is why I love the black caps. Most of the players are very good in behaviour and comment.
Old November 1, 2013, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
This is why I love the black caps. Most of the players are very good in behaviour and comment.
I think these guys are very generous and why not! We are playing better cricket. It is not long ago how lowfully Fleming used to see us. Still i remember his arrogancy talk about our team, never heard frm him anything couragious or supportive. But good that we are making people to talk the positives where it is due to.
I too like most of the kiwis and their politeness. They don't show much arrogancy.
Old November 1, 2013, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Arrogance and smack talk are fine if you can back it up. If you've got it, flaunt it, because you can. But don't compare yourself to Sehwag when you wet your pants at the sight of Vitori. Back it up, walk the walk.
Old November 1, 2013, 09:10 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
I think these guys are very generous and why not! We are playing better cricket. It is not long ago how lowfully Fleming used to see us. Still i remember his arrogancy talk about our team, never heard frm him anything couragious or supportive. But good that we are making people to talk the positives where it is due to.
I too like most of the kiwis and their politeness. They don't show much arrogancy.
Old November 2, 2013, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifthemanrahman
so looking into the future, are we hosting sl for 5 odis in addition to the 2 tests? That's a lot of odis, good for us. Or are the odis getting replaced with the tri-series involving sri and pak? If so, why not invite india and turn it into an asia cup tournament instead of hosting india a couple of months later for 3 odis and playing the asia cup separately? Not that i'm complaining about the additional games, but wouldn't it make more sense?

Ugh, three more months...why papon why? Why mohamad97/rehman62 why?
দুইবার ইন্ডিয়া কে দাওয়াত দিয়ে এনে ধরাইয়ে দেয়া হবে...মজাটা বেশী হবে তো, তাই...
Old November 2, 2013, 02:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Good to read this article, feel better. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Old November 2, 2013, 03:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I really respect NZ players as well as Zimbabwe players

Pakistan on the other hand....remember younis saying that Afghanistan is better. As for India apart from sehwag everyone has praise for us. Don't really know about virat though but he does not talk rubbish

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 2, 2013, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
I really respect NZ players as well as Zimbabwe players

Pakistan on the other hand....remember younis saying that Afghanistan is better. As for India apart from sehwag everyone has praise for us. Don't really know about virat though but he does not talk rubbish

Wow people really believe this rumor about Younis Khan saying that Afghanistans better than us. He did NOT say that. Some random Pakistani guy by the name of Younis went on cricinfo and said that during an Afghanistan match.
Old November 2, 2013, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Wow people really believe this rumor about Younis Khan saying that Afghanistans better than us. He did NOT say that. Some random Pakistani guy by the name of Younis went on cricinfo and said that during an Afghanistan match.
I don't really know.

But I have heard people stating this. Thanks for correcting.

Old November 2, 2013, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Some complains from blackcaps:

Quote:
Then in Dhaka last Thursday night, McCullum was incensed by what he saw as the Bangladesh batsmen running on the pitch to aid their spinners later on. He was in the umpires' ears constantly but was waved away. Then Nathan McCullum bellowed at Sohag Gazi with a few choice words, captured by the stump microphones, to "get out of there" when he went for a mid-pitch wander between overs.
Source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket...ngas-this-time
Old November 2, 2013, 04:44 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Kalam gone back to NZ. Now I think we will win the t20 too even with Nayeem and Riyad
Old November 3, 2013, 07:26 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

When are the coming to BD again?
Old November 3, 2013, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
When are the coming to BD again?
We're going to NZ in 2016 and then they aren't coming here until 2019 according to FTP. Hope BCB schedules them earlier then that and I'm sure NZCB would want tour us sooner as well.
Old November 3, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

By the way, a very random question - how did the players travel to Fatullah today? Wasn't there a hortal? Even if there wasn't, going there from Dhaka would have been a night mare? Did they stay in a hotel? Are there any decent hotels near-by? Does anyone know?
Old November 3, 2013, 10:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Sabbir Rahman should be included in the T20 squad & they should give him a chance to bat at number 3 position against NZ in the only T20 match.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 3, 2013, 01:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
By the way, a very random question - how did the players travel to Fatullah today? Wasn't there a hortal? Even if there wasn't, going there from Dhaka would have been a night mare? Did they stay in a hotel? Are there any decent hotels near-by? Does anyone know?
The Gulistan-Jatrabari flyover is open now. And it wasn't a hartal day.

At most, it took 50-60 mins for the teams to reach there from the hotel at Dhaka.
Old November 3, 2013, 01:52 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
Sabbir Rahman should be included in the T20 squad & they should give him a chance to bat at number 3 position against NZ in the only T20 match.

Why? What has he done to justify a selection? Why on earth at number 3? How does he get the nod ahead of Mominul? How does he get selected ahead of Anamul? How does he get selected ahead of Marshal?
Old November 3, 2013, 03:54 PM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Night_wolf, bhai time to change your comment at the bottom of your sign off!

I am the first to admit I would never see it again so soon (3 years). I bet NZ are sick and tired of touring Bangladesh! Whoever they send seem to fail in ODI's

Let's hope the team can take inspiration. Brilliant
Old November 3, 2013, 04:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The Gulistan-Jatrabari flyover is open now. And it wasn't a hartal day.

At most, it took 50-60 mins for the teams to reach there from the hotel at Dhaka.
Thanks bro.... It was bugging me for a while.
Old November 3, 2013, 05:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Why? What has he done to justify a selection? Why on earth at number 3? How does he get the nod ahead of Mominul? How does he get selected ahead of Anamul? How does he get selected ahead of Marshal?
Shabbir scored more runs in the BPL than Mahmudullah and Mominul and also had a higher average and SR than both of them. Riyad in 24 matches has an avg of a 12 and a SR of a 96 in T20Is. I'm not backing Shabbir to get in to ODIs or Tests yet but he should definitely make the T20I squad. I'd take him over Riyad. We should see what he's got. The T20 WC is not too far away.
Old November 3, 2013, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Shabbir scored more runs in the BPL than Mahmudullah and Mominul and also had a higher average and SR than both of them. Riyad in 24 matches has an avg of a 12 and a SR of a 96 in T20Is. I'm not backing Shabbir to get in to ODIs or Tests yet but he should definitely make the T20I squad. I'd take him over Riyad. We should see what he's got. The T20 WC is not too far away.
yes and we've been sucking in t20s for a long time with no real improvement using the same sort of players so time to try out a options, like you said, the t20 WC isn't that far off and it would be stupid not to try out our options when the team has not been very good in this format. obviously what we've been doing hasn't been working so we need to try something to get better and not every player can play every format.
Old November 3, 2013, 08:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
In the last BPL, he batted at number 3 position for the Burners & he was more successful there than any others, i remember one of the matches he scored 60+ runs off just 30 odd balls against the Kings.

Old November 3, 2013, 11:52 PM
BC Editorial Team

Former Kiwi opening batsman turned columnist has been writing some Telegraph-esque pieces for NZ Herald. This was his latest:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/mark-richa...ectid=11150660
Choice quote:
Quote:
I am not being disrespectful to Bangladesh here or even the Black Caps because Bangladesh are a reasonable team now and not an easybeat - but a drawn test series and a whitewash in the ODIs is not acceptable and approaches hang-your-head-in-shame time.
Add that to the previous pieces this guy has written and we have a serious case of De-Nial not being a river in Egypt.

My response:
Quote:
Mark - aren't you the guy who once complained that when touring Bangladesh, the only thing worthwhile doing was buying pirated DVDs? Well guess what, you can add Kiwi rear-end-smacking to the list of fun things that happen there. I have been reading your articles on this tour and at no point are you near as gracious as the actual Black Cap players and the coaches. McCullum, Taylor, Bond et al have impressed all with their measured answers to annoying Banglawash questions from the local journalists and they have been lavish in their compliments to the emerging Bangladeshi team. You on the other hand are penning hackneyed headlines such as "failure is not an option". Funny thing, that's exactly the outcome that has transpired. Two teams, shorn of some star quality, went head to head and the team with better skills and hustle won. Handily. If you are not capable of respecting the opposition and writing pieces of substance, perhaps it's time to bust out that flesh colored suit of yours (from your days of end-of-tour-speed-race) and take a hike.