facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 20, 2003, 11:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

The key is to keep it tight and not drop catches! Inshallah we shall overcome!

Old August 20, 2003, 11:59 AM
Club Cricketer

10th wicket 100 run partnership coming up
Old August 20, 2003, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Totally missed tracking this game last night and only managed to check the scoreboard at 9am today. So it seems that the Shaoib Akhtar shock and awe didn't work. Expected the usual collapse at middle order but am thrilled to see Kapali doing a double figure. I sense that after the last ODI in AUS this guy has started to get his act together.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Rafiq tomorrow cause he really deserves a break and a permanent place in BD 11.
Old August 20, 2003, 02:05 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh would have been in a more better position if some of the players didnt play that kind of rash stroke.

Rajin Saleh looked good....played some good cover drives..... and was playing Kaneria confidently.....

but i dont know why he played that FALTU shot in that time.......

Kapali was excellent....i think better than Bashar..... some of the strokes were class shots.

But again lapse of concentration gifted his wicket to the paki bowlers.

I think more credit should go the bangladesh batsman rather than the pakistani bowlers for the wickets.
Old August 20, 2003, 06:46 PM
Banned

if you watched the match full you'll notice that bangladesh gifted most of their wickets. They could have been in a much better position if it wasnt for some careless battings.

Anyways i believe pakistan are missing sami in their bowling attack.

None of the bangladeshi batsmen seemed to struggle against the bowling
Old August 20, 2003, 07:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Muddaser, a warm welcome to the board. You joined us at the right moment.

Are you a Pakistani? Just wondering....

I know most of our useless batsmen threw away their wicket, they got to celeberate & and tried for some show off....losers.
Old August 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Ehsan ... 278 actually makes our batsmen useless (but I do know what you mean)... The only thing good about it was that they made themselves useful before making those mistakes and you can't really drop old habits overnight.

I think the players are more centered after the Australian tour. The belief is there, all they need to do is apply themselves consistently.
Old August 20, 2003, 09:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well Tehsin bhai I really had to take my anger out for those lose shots.

I was really happy the way Hannan and Bashar were playing then suddenly my dream of scoring 350+ was crushed when they our batsman made those silly shots.......grrr
Old August 20, 2003, 10:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Ehsan,

Easy boy. Yes, it is disappointing when they squander such great starts, but let's try to show a little bit of respect...especially after a performance that is not too bad on an absolute scale. It is not easy out there. Our players are representing Bangladesh as best as they are able on any given day. They are not yet where we want them to be, but inshAllah they are moving in the right direction.

I realize you are probably just venting a little bit, but I just thought I'd point out the context...after all, we wouldn't want some player who put in a great deal of hard work to feel discouraged.
Old August 21, 2003, 07:46 AM
Banned

yes i am a pakistani.

what i believe is if bangladesh had batted with more sense they could made around 350. half of them gave their wicket away.

a few more test series against top teams and bangladesh will be as good as zimbabwe.

as for pakistan, no-one but yasir hameed batted well. if it werent for him pakistan would be struggling.
Old August 21, 2003, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Although i feel bad today looking at the scorecard, let's take our hats off for Yasir Hameed. To score a century in a test debut is no mean feat whoever the opponents are. I just wish our own ashraful and Kapali could emulate the same feat. However, I am excited about Rajin Saleh. Way to go!!
Old August 21, 2003, 08:11 AM
Banned

Yasir hameed batted really well today and with a little more sense he could have got a double century.

saleh looks a very good player and only 19 years old. he has a great future again of him.

also watch out for saeed bin nasir.
Old August 21, 2003, 08:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default who will be the unlucky one?!

looks like Saleh has made quite an impression SO he were to become a permanent fixture ont his team who will ash replace if he makes a return?

Potential people who may be replaced:

Khaled Mahmud (post-tour unless he shows a remarkable improvement)
Javed Omar (has an innings or three to redeem himself I guess)
Sanuar (if rajin's Off-spin makes his skills redundant and his batting performance doesn't improve)
Old August 21, 2003, 09:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Pakistan and Bangladesh share the honours on the 2nd day of ist test match in Karachi.
Bangladesh: Bowled reasonably well to get rid of Hafeez cheaply and then Getting Taufeeq out just on time and then getting the mos dangerous man out for duck which was a big boost in their confidence but theur next excitement came after a big partenership between Youhanna and Yasir Hameed.All of the top bowlers balling pretty well except Khaled Mahmud whom i don't even consider a bowler and sooner he is replaced by a youngster better for Bangladesh. Although Bangladeshi attack did not look too dangerous but they kept the scaores tidy and thye can only hope that thye can put the brakes on Latif and finish off the tail cheaply to take control of the match.

Pakistan: Yasir Hameed with the best debut innings ever by a Pakistani lead the way and single handedly stole the show and helped Pakistan putting a reasonable score on the board and had he not batted positively Pakistanis were in GREAT trouble and an upset would have been closer but Pakistani camp must be relieved after watching their youngster performing so well and saving pakistan from humiliation.Taufeeq had a start but yet again failed to go on to make respectable score.Much more was expcted from Inzamam and Youhanna but Inzamam went for Duck which must have shattered his confidence after coming back in the team.Youhanna should have done better than that but he did support young Yasir on the other side who kept attacking Bangladesh bowlers hitting 25 fours in his 170.Much depends on Rashid and Misbah to take reasonable lead and score enough runs to put pressure on Bangladeshi batsman when they play second time.
Overall match could go either way and any team can win the match with solid performance.Good luck to both of them.