facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2016, 05:25 PM
Street Cricketer

Default Why Should BD play the qualifiers

I find it ridiculous for BD being asked to play the WC qualifiers against these basement teams like Netherland, HK, UAE....ICC is such a moronic organization...

I dont get it. BD is offered test status when they weren't really ready and now are asked to qualify for WC when they are actually better than some of the teams like Windies and Pakistan on current form. Utter nonsense. My only fear is couple of freakish performances by opponent teams might knock them out which would be a travesty. I mean they almost won the asia cup against a strong indian team. Defeated SL and Pakistan. What else can you ask for?

By the way I am new to this forum and am an Indian cricket fan who has evolved and matured after watching/following 30 years of Indian cricket. I just dont root for Indian anymore I year for quality cricket no matter which team plays. I actually wanted BD to win the Asia cup because I felt they had a good team. Its my opinion that current BD team needs a little bit of self belief to make it happen (win a major tournament).

-

Old March 7, 2016, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Riad is considering qualify matches as "good practice matches "

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...A6%BE%E0%A6%B9
Old March 7, 2016, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeornottob
I find it ridiculous for BD being asked to play the WC qualifiers against these basement teams like Netherland, HK, UAE....ICC is such a moronic organization...

I dont get it. BD is offered test status when they weren't really ready and now are asked to qualify for WC when they are actually better than some of the teams like Windies and Pakistan on current form. Utter nonsense. My only fear is couple of freakish performances by opponent teams might knock them out which would be a travesty. I mean they almost won the asia cup against a strong indian team. Defeated SL and Pakistan. What else can you ask for?

By the way I am new to this forum and am an Indian cricket fan who has evolved and matured after watching/following 30 years of Indian cricket. I just dont root for Indian anymore I year for quality cricket no matter which team plays. I actually wanted BD to win the Asia cup because I felt they had a good team. Its my opinion that current BD team needs a little bit of self belief to make it happen (win a major tournament).

-
Welcome dear sir! Hope you have a good time here.

BD were 11 in the ranking not so long ago, so that's understandable why we are playing qualifiers - although arguments can be made that why we need the qualifiers in the first place, could've simply had a 15/16 team tournament consisting of 2/3 groups.

I think we're getting there with the belief, the skill foundation was always there and now it's starting to excel. Now it will all come down to good strategising and approach!
Old March 7, 2016, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Don't be so excited yet, there is a still a possibility that we might not even qualify for the group stages. All the teams in our group are more than capable of causing an upset, specially the Dutch.

Our players arrived in Dharmsala just yesterday, not too much time to practice or get used to the conditions there, facing off against Netherlands who have been in India for over a week, and have played two warm up matches on the venue. Same goes for Ireland.
Old March 8, 2016, 02:32 AM
Cricket Legend

To OP, what's so ridiculous about it? Have you looked at our T20 ranking? Even if we qualify for the main event, there is a very good chance that we won't be winning any matches. Unlike the asia cup SL/ Pak (current state), Aus/SA/IND and even WI and NZ are very strong in T20.

PS welcome to the forum
Old March 8, 2016, 02:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

We are 10th in the ranking, before asia cup we were 11th thats why we are playing the qualifier
Old March 8, 2016, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Here we go .. if Pak doesn't play then what? 2 teams from group B going to finial round?

Btw looking at the pitch bd has fair chance to beat NZ.
Old March 8, 2016, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Dharamsala weather looking particularly bad for Friday and Sunday, looks like > 80% rain from 6pm on Friday and that rain continuing till Monday. In that case both our games will be a washout.

So, if we get two draws in there and one win today, that means if Ireland wins today against Oman they will have the same points as us. Which means the NRR will come into affect for us going through. Makes today's game even more important as there should be no problems with weather today.

Hope Mash and co know this and take care of the NRR, well Ireland will know what they need to get though when they play Oman who is a much lesser of an opponent, so they have an upperhand and they will surely take care of that NRR by going all at it.

I blame ICC for this stupid format man, we played Asia cup finals on the 6th and we didn't even get to play the warm up matches, you can't control the weather but if we can't get through to the main round expect a huge backlash.
Old March 8, 2016, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Dharamsala weather looking particularly bad for Friday and Sunday, looks like > 80% rain from 6pm on Friday and that rain continuing till Monday. In that case both our games will be a washout.

So, if we get two draws in there and one win today, that means if Ireland wins today against Oman they will have the same points as us. Which means the NRR will come into affect for us going through. Makes today's game even more important as there should be no problems with weather today.

Hope Mash and co know this and take care of the NRR, well Ireland will know what they need to get though when they play Oman who is a much lesser of an opponent, so they have an upperhand and they will surely take care of that NRR by going all at it.

I blame ICC for this stupid format man, we played Asia cup finals on the 6th and we didn't even get to play the warm up matches, you can't control the weather but if we can't get through to the main round expect a huge backlash.
There are no reserve days for matches?

I hope we qualify. Anything can happen in T20s!
Old March 9, 2016, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

This has to be by far the hardest tournament to qualify for us so far. Qualifying will be a tough thing. Not because we got the strongest associate team but because rain is a factor for us qualifying! And even if we do qualify, we have some really strong teams. It would be quite sad if rain takes away our chances ...