facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 31, 2010, 02:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default Aid Convoy en route to Gaza attacked by Israel: over 20 dead and scores wounded

Unbelievable. I am speechless. After just hearing George Galloway speak here last night, and to hear how hopeful and passionate he was about the "Freedom Flotilla" ... this happens today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl....html?ITO=1490

For updates from the scene: http://witnessgaza.com/

Israel, in cold-blood, massacred scores of civilian peace-activists! There were no weapons on board, only tons of aid that was meant for the Gazan population who have been severely affected by the Israeli blockade.

This has gone too far. Way too far. I expect nothing short of hell being raised by the international community over this.

Last edited by Electrequiem; May 31, 2010 at 02:23 AM..

Old May 31, 2010, 02:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
"If you're watching this, it probably means that the flotillas have either been attacked or stopped at sea."
Old May 31, 2010, 01:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

yes, this was beyond the usual level of brutality, which if not condoned can or should be understood in the greater context of things.

but this was nothing less than state sponsored terrorism.

int'l community does seem to be up in arms.

this will likely kill whatever diplomacy was between turkey and israel - which had already been detiorating for several months.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old May 31, 2010, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Reality is that, Israel can do the **** it likes, thats just how it is, they dont care about international law. The UN/Nato/EU arent going to jack crap about it

who's gonna stop a an nuclear armed military state with the most technological economy and with the backing of the United States......?

No one, because theyre all pussies. Israel is the resident bully in the middle eastern block, and even if he gets in trouble his even bigger friend across the pond will step in....
Old May 31, 2010, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Shame on Israel. Israel needs to learn that power is not the only way to establish yourself.
Israel needs to learn to co-exist and accept reality and change your action and method.
Israel, please be friendly to your neighbors and work on establishing the Palestinian Statehood.
Israel, think what Moses (respect) would have done and act in that manner and act like any good soul with true Judaic faith.

I mourn the murdered peace activists.

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 31, 2010 at 01:51 PM..
Old May 31, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Half the comments on the BBC forum are supporting Israel by saying the boat may have had terrorists.

O
Old May 31, 2010, 02:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Another brutel killing by Israel. No doubt no one would raise any voice against this masacre.
The killers are the ruller of present world. Same on you all. Don't you ever to teach us about humanity.
Old May 31, 2010, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

israel's/netanyahu's response ....they're only defending themselves! wait from what exactly?
Old May 31, 2010, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaHiMa
israel's/netanyahu's response ....they're only defending themselves! wait from what exactly?
Thank God Netanyahu didnt say "They were defending themselves from all those 'AIDS', we misunderstood the english wording...."
Old May 31, 2010, 09:10 PM
Forever Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Half the comments on the BBC forum are supporting Israel by saying the boat may have had terrorists.

O
My faith in humanity dies when I read comments on news websites.

Geez on the surface you could say Israel's special intelligence ain't that intelligent but clearly they're just pushing their limits. Surprised that the slap on the wrist for the attacks on Gaza wasn't enough to deter them!
Old May 31, 2010, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Why am I not surprised the least bit!...they wield such power over U.S. govt they've been getting away with murder of U.S. civilians and military personnel for some time now...just wait and see how they pull the wool over the eyes of the whole world once again and get away with impunity...might find the following video insightful...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvItZ2GS88A
Old June 1, 2010, 01:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I stopped caring about palestine/gaza et all a long time ago.
Nothing really is gonna ever happen, except this mindless killings by the israelis.

We all can do jacks****, only posting few angry lines here like speechless, stunned, shocked, mad, brutal,barbaric,insane,fuming....

In some other news, House of Saud busy planning their summer getaway in some palacial harems in Europe.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 1, 2010, 04:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
I stopped caring about palestine/gaza et all a long time ago.
Nothing really is gonna ever happen, except this mindless killings by the israelis.

We all can do jacks****, only posting few angry lines here like speechless, stunned, shocked, mad, brutal,barbaric,insane,fuming....

In some other news, House of Saud busy planning their summer getaway in some palacial harems in Europe.
quite true. no one has any real intention to solve this problem. the arab countries want it to continue because of the political benefits that accrue from a chaotic situation and also keep the domestic population distracted from the perils of totalitarian political systems. the west sees it as an opportunity to meddle in oil rich west asia, play off one faction against another and keep the all important suez canal under indirect control. ****
israel, words fail me.
call me a cynic but I see no solution in sight.

**** did I mention the arms sales ?

Last edited by Neel Here; June 1, 2010 at 05:37 AM..
Old June 1, 2010, 05:35 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
call me a cynic but I see no solution in sight.

Old June 1, 2010, 05:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

^^ you sir, are evil !

btw, how many know that egypt also blockades gaza strip ?
Old June 1, 2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5Cay6GUkM
Old June 2, 2010, 06:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Hmm I wonder what the reaction would've been had Iran or any other country in the region attacked a humanitarian ship carrying Americans. And let's say one person was killed instead of ten. We would be in war by now. How long will the hypocrisy continue?
Old June 2, 2010, 12:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ How long??
As long as they want.
Absolutely nothing the whole world could/would do.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

When I read that there will be one people on earth which is cursed by Allah, I trhough why would Allah curse a people and who would those poor people be. Now, I get my answer everyday in gruesome detail.
Old June 2, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Its who the Palestinians elected. If Hamas are breaking international human rights of it own people, its the international community, not Israel's job to do so.

Hell Hamas are doing exactly what our Bangladeshi grandparents did against the Pakistan army when they were occupying and massacring Bangladesh.

We fought for freedom and they found it, only difference between them was that they were able to get a hold of the weapons to resist and had some late international help from a neighboring country

Hell If I was the running Palestine, I would make sure they were armed to the teeth, 'never forgive, never forget' Israel massacred me once, they might do it again. And they are still occupying me.

Thats actually the Israel way of life. Hence why Israel is armed to the skin of the teeth.

In my opinion as long as there is an occupation, which there is, Israel and its forces are fair game to attack.

And Hamas has the right to build bunkers to fortify themselves. They have a right not be the 'fish in the barrel'.

Though Hamas really should stop any crimes against its own people and opposition parties if it should gain moral support.
Old June 2, 2010, 08:00 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is what Israel boarded the aid ships and killed 20 people for- http://mondoweiss.net/2010/06/myster...-revealed.html
Old June 2, 2010, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
When I read that there will be one people on earth which is cursed by Allah, I trhough why would Allah curse a people and who would those poor people be. Now, I get my answer everyday in gruesome detail.
Well...it's something we've earned with our own hands and through our deeds. For as long as we're obedient to the Lord almighty and upheld the laws decreed by him, He favored us. For centuries we're the most powerful nation and model of excellence for the rest of the world. People came to our land for education, technology, research and even justice when they're oppressed.

Our downward spiral began ever since we forsook what worked for us for centuries, which is obedience to the Lord Almighty. We fell prey to materialism and greed, two of West's most powerful weapons. We took them as our guide and savior. Inevitably we needed this lesson. Man made law can never be fair, it'll only breed oppression in some shape or form. Today the oppression of the innocent by the West is spreading like wild fire in places like Gaza, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, African countries et al and it'll continue to spread until they've been either destroyed or assimilated into their system.

We have only ourselves to blame for deviating from the truth. These are trying times for all. If we're unable to do anything else, the least we can do is hate this oppression from the bottom of our heart and pray to the Lord that He forgive us and remove the curse upon us.
Old June 3, 2010, 08:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

May Allah grant the shuhadah jannah

amazing post zman, brother

It is the muslims as a COLLECTIVE suffering because when knowledge and opportunity was present the leaders did not seek a cure to the diseases which entered the hearts of muslim mass...we simply went to sleep(to a small extent still deep asleep )

Now that some of the knowledge is slowly beginning to lift, and ignorance is gradually beginning to eclipse the iman of the general muslim public, we see so many deviant muslim groups today with their own interpretation of qur'an(they follow their own desires not Allah and his messenger(may Allah's peace and blessings be upon them) and supreme disrespect for the Prophets(may Allah's peace and blessing be upon them) and the righteous people! how are people calling Mohammad(PBUH) madman these days? and disrespecting him? they hear his true, accurate speech(ahadith), and they say, "he is indeed backwards, un-modern..."...it is their desires they follow not what Allah legislated in Qur'an and sunnah....

Last edited by Rifat; June 3, 2010 at 08:48 PM..
Old June 3, 2010, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Irish aid ship bound for Gaza won't stop 'unless forced to'
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=T2

Old June 3, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Dont you remember what the first prime minister and founding father of Israel said?

"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I was an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural, we have taken their country. There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So it is simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army."

But we should not mix up Zionism with Judaism. Judaism even against Zionism. There are many Jews in Israel who dont want oppression against Palestinian/Arab and want to live in peace and harmoy.