facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old September 3, 2014, 02:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I think Taijul and Riyad can do well if its a spinning track. But I think WI won't do that. It will be a bouncy greentop IMO as they have 4 seamers including 3 genuine quicks and the fourth is 6'6" giant.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old September 3, 2014, 04:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Shamsur
Imrul
Bijoy
Momin
Mushy
Nasir
Riyad
Taijul
Sunny
Al amin
Robi

best we can do is this.
Old September 3, 2014, 05:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

Hah, I dwell on the composition of the bowling "attack" and Hathuri shaheb is also worrying about that the most. Read his CI piece - "limeted" is how he describes it.

Asaad, Shafiul is useless in Tests - he never makes the batsman play. So he can look like he has a good economy rate. We already have plenty of spinners to do the holding job. Our pacers, if they play have to bring some kind of shock value.
Old September 3, 2014, 06:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

Other than Kensington oval, are there any genuinely quick pitches in the Windies anymore. I saw a lot of the Tests against New Zealand earlier in the year and I recall the pitches when we last toured. Windies pitches are now more spin conducive than anything. That's why Suleimann Benn, all 6'6" of him is a spinner! They have some bounce but pacers are mostly effective with the new ball and then with reverse swing.
Old September 3, 2014, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Kingston is pretty decent for the spinners... unless they surface is changed.

To me, the chances of Elias taking a wicket is higher than Rubel or even Robiul and on the upside, Elias will go for less than both Rubel or Robiul combined. I wouldnt have my expectation high on either Taijul or Riyad as one of them is very inexperienced and the other one until recently is used to bowling short spells and is definitely not a key bowler.

My side going in would be,

Tamim
Anamul
Mominul
Mushy
Nasir
Hom
Riyad
Sunny
Taijul
Al Amin
Robiul

Even than, we dont have enough to take 20 wickets but anything less and it will be 5 day long buffet for them. I also believe that adding Shamsur or Imrul as the 8th batsman wont be the difference between getting bundled out for 250 and declaring 500/7. I would keep away Imrul who looks shaky and an early departure always creates an extra pressure for the rest. Same goes for gifting wickets early on the innings! Bring Riyad as late as possible. He is better off in the end. Also let Hom come out late too as he is bound to have nerves. Although with his scoring fluency, if comes out in a comfy situation, will definitely pile up a quick 30-40 with ease

I am thinking along the same way....sunny will be more effective from team perspective than rubel or robiul.
I am concerned as soon as the pacers get hit by couple of boundaries, the captain will immediately remove the slip cordon and the fielders will be chasing the ball all day long. Its not Sunny is better than Rubel/Robiul, I think he will be more effective, and probably the WI batsmen will be less comfortable playing his spin. I don't think 3rd pacers would add much value.
Old September 3, 2014, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

So, we are in back seat already. '

Quote:
"Our realistic goal would be to draw the game," Hathurusingha told ESPNcricinfo."If we play well, bat well, we will be in the game. Our bowling stock is limited. We must look to bat deep and bat long, score runs and be in the game."
Really ? This is your GOAL just to be in the game ? I don't care what happens in the field, but when you go and play, you must play for victory.
Old September 3, 2014, 09:54 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I am having a BAD feeling about this match.....

WE might win it!!
Lol hope it happens... Hope those word u said, is just not a dream pill. Go bd.
Old September 3, 2014, 09:59 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

if we score more than 180 i will be happy
Old September 3, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd

Really ? This is your GOAL just to be in the game ? I don't care what happens in the field, but when you go and play, you must play for victory.
Team er ja obostha kon mukhe win er kotha bolbe?
Old September 3, 2014, 10:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:

Coach & the captain showing their sissy ability to the world. No matter what, u have to belive ur self to do closer match. Thinking negative, wont help our players.... Just blocking the ball wont help musy & co. So i belive, whatever they r saying, it just a game plan they r drawing....???
Old September 3, 2014, 10:54 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Hah, I dwell on the composition of the bowling "attack" and Hathuri shaheb is also worrying about that the most. Read his CI piece - "limeted" is how he describes it.

Asaad, Shafiul is useless in Tests - he never makes the batsman play. So he can look like he has a good economy rate. We already have plenty of spinners to do the holding job. Our pacers, if they play have to bring some kind of shock value.
Rubel on the most helpful surface: 20-2-90-1 (15 nb)
Shafiul on any wicket: 20-4-55-0

Id take that, we ain't gonna take 20 wickets in the whole series. Might as well tear a page out of Zimbabwe's book and make em leave all day. Windies batsmen, barring Shiv, will get themselves out chasing wides.

Batting for a draw is absolutely the right strategy till we get 3 decent bowlers (Shakib, Taskin, ???, Al Amin maybe?). A draw is a win for us. Losing the series 0-1 still gains us one point and a 0-0 draw gets us 7!

With rain, a series draw is very possible.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2014, 01:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Hmmm..Mominul might not play?

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেটে এ মুহূর্তের সবচেয়ে বড় খবর সম্ভবত এটাই যে, মমিনুল হক পেস বোলিং খেলতে পারেন না। আর পারেন না বলেই কক্সবাজারের এ তরুণকে আপাতত প্র্যাকটিসেই বেশি ব্যস্ত রাখতে চাচ্ছেন কোচ চন্দিকা হাতুরাসিংহে।

http://www.kalerkantho.com/print-edi...4/09/04/124630
Old September 4, 2014, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Cant fault the captain and coach for targeting a draw. Being more realistic, than negative. And calling the bowling limited is absolutely true, calling spade a spade. Chanderpaul can bat bat for five days against this attack if given the chance.

The real key is whether the batsmen can weather the storm. Not sure whether what their final eleven will be, but seems like they have packed a bowling heavy side. Holder, Roach, Taylor, Gabriel, all could be very sharp. Holder in particular is really one for the future. And once the pace barrage is over, they can choose between Shillingford and Benn. Shillingford can turn the ball more than Riyad and Gazi together. Can extract very good bounce as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPfyaf_6VY

A tad dissapointed with the lack of faith shown in Mominul. These are the things which dent a players confidence. True he has shortcomings against pace, but these are also opportunities for him to rectify. Rather pick him than deadweight like Shamsur and Imrul
Old September 4, 2014, 04:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

who is in the windies test squad? gabriel has gone backwards and should not be picked, jerome taylor for all the skills he had has lost a bit of pace and isn't as lethal these days. roach is the leader of the attack and they should pick holder for his height and bounce and i think it's time for cummins to come into the test team, cummins has enormous potential as does holder and it's time to let them develop into the bowlers they could be rather than hold onto the hope that a 30 year old (taylor) who's done not much in his test career after 30 odd matches will still develop into a world class bowler.

and if mominul doesn't play it will probably be the worst selection blunder that i've seen since i started following BD cricket. he's had a lightening start to his test career, plus he's scored big in WI before even if it was at academy level, he's actually got some experience of scoring runs in WI conditions, not sure how many of the BD batsmen actually have that, he does.

as far as going for a draw well they shouldn't be specifically aiming for a draw, go for the win but the result doesn't need to be the focus at this point, at this point the players should be focusing on the roles they are supposed to play in the match. if the batsmen score big you never know what could happen with the bowlers even if they are limited, but without the runs there is no chance of coming close to 20 wickets, with runs the draw is secure and the win is possible (never know taijul might have an awesome debut or al amin could have his first big outing in tests).
Old September 4, 2014, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

When Duncan Fletcher first took over a struggling England time, one strategy he got his team to adopt was to bat 2 days in their first innings. Nasser Hossain and co batted with extreme caution, occupied the crease with immense concentration. Whether batting first or second, they batted so long that the outcome thereafter was either a win or draw.

Likewise BD needs to play session by session. Look to bat a long time. But the rate at which we ve been having collpases-losing 5-6 wickets for 10-15 runs, this might prove to be tough. @Gowza, Holder and Shillingford real danger men for me. Holder troubled Bangladesh in ODI's as well.
Old September 4, 2014, 08:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Okay Mominul can't play pace. Got it. Who in our team can play pace? Mushi? Riyad? Nasir?

How is Mominul going to gain experience sitting on the sidelines? Plus is he not one of our best fielders? With that kind of resume 3 tons in however many games I don't know which Tendulkar Mr. Haturi is bringing in to replace Mominul? Coach, are you out of your mind?
Old September 4, 2014, 08:33 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

I think he knows his limitations and planning accordingly. No need to talk big and look like a fool at the end of the day

Our attack looks horrible indeed. Besides Al Amin, don't see a single bowler who is capable of putting WI under pressure. This bowling attack won't get us 20 wickets. So win is pretty much out of the equation. Bat bat and bat..that should be our objective.

Not happy with Mominul news. I would take him over KaEdge any day. Looks like Mominul has failed to impress Haturi
Old September 4, 2014, 09:39 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Lol.. So now,our coach now also join the circus... Mominul cant play pace? How did he scored those tons? Oh yeah.. Those was gift from our opponents. I was confused whether to watch this test or not.. Not anymore.. Thanks haturi da... Keep enlighting us with new new technical aspects of our batsman..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think in the end they will take Mominul. In Shakib's absence, the batting order is already weak and Mominul is a genuine middle order test batsmen. In fact, the only batsmen that should be an automatic choice, is now having his place questioned. While Kayes and Shamsur is getting free rides.

Mushari (Mushy + Haturi) won't be that stupid. But this drama might have an impact on Mominul's confidence and create pressure.
Old September 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I think in the end they will take Mominul. In Shakib's absence, the batting order is already weak and Mominul is a genuine middle order test batsmen. In fact, the only batsmen that should be an automatic choice, is now having his place questioned. While Kayes and Shamsur is getting free rides.

Mushari (Mushy + Haturi) won't be that stupid. But this drama might have an impact on Mominul's confidence and create pressure.
I hope so too at this moment who else is available whether he fails or not he has the temperment of middle order test batsman. I was hoping KaEdge and Kopa will step up but not sure if they are only domestic bully, though unfair to judge by their ODI flop but still they should have been careful after getting called up and should have been more responsible. I am not sure if the opponent already figured out Mominul's weakness probably that's why he struggled but hope coaches are there to help him overcome opponent's plan. I really hope Hom, Nasir and Mullah step up this time to contribute if they are selected. I agree with caoch (though he seemed to be already going for draw!) that without batting we won't be able to play full 5 day. So huge responsibilities on the top and middle order and hope they found out the solutions of their recent bad patch/forms.

Any idea who will be in the final 11?
Old September 4, 2014, 11:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Mominul can't play pace? Didn't he score back to back tons against NZ? If they leave mominul out I want Mushfiqs head on a platter. He's the one calling idiot shots. Hathuri is not retarded. If this happens it would be mushfiq's doing alone to make room for his worthless buddies. Dropping a 75 average batsman. Did that in ZIM too when he was only averaging 50.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 4, 2014, 11:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I think Mominul will be taken in the end. Not exactly sure of the lineup but it's pretty certain that Shafiul and Elias will be out. Robiul and Rubel are still fighting for the 2nd pace spot with Al-Amin being confirmed as the 1st pacer. Anamul is still fighting with with Shamsur and Imrul for a top order spot.

Rest of the players are almost certain to be picked.
Old September 4, 2014, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

The bowling attack looks so weak. If you cant take 20 wickets in a test match you can never win a match. If you dont play to win then you should not play. Afghanistan has better bowling line up than this.
Old September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
The bowling attack looks so weak. If you cant take 20 wickets in a test match you can never win a match. If you dont play to win then you should not play. Afghanistan has better bowling line up than this.
It's exactly why we're still a target for critics. After all these years we're going in to the mindset to draw Tests and that too against the #8 side in the world. And we'd be lucky to draw 1 match let alone 2. It's almost like a waste hate to say it.

Question is would Afghanistan and Ireland fare better? I admit I used to be in denial that they would do better in Tests but I feel now that they could give a better fight to these teams than us.
Old September 4, 2014, 12:02 PM
First Class Cricketer

কি মুস্কিল খেইল শুরুর আগেই দেহি খেলোয়াড়-দর্শক বেবাকতেরই ব্যপক হাটু কাপা-কাপি শুরু হইয়া গেছে-গা
তাইলে না খেইল্লা ঘরে বইস্সা থাকলেই হয়......

একাদশের মূল বোলার অবশ্যই হওয়া চাই তাইজুল, সানি, মাহমুদুল্লাহ, রবিউল আর আল-আমিন
আর ব্যটার তামিম, শামসুর, মমিনূল, এনামূল, মুশফিক, নাসির

সবচেয়ে বেশী বল করার সুযোগ পাইয়াও সবচেয়ে পঁচা গড়ের (৮১) অধিকারী, ৮১ গড়ের বিশ্ব রেকর্ডওয়ালা রুবেল টেস্টের জন্য না
২০ গড়ের ইমরুলও টেস্টের জন্য না

৭৫ আর ৪৮ গড়ে রান করা দুই সুস্হ খেলোয়াড় মমিনূল ও শামসুরকে দল কোনোভাবেই বাদ দিতে পারে না

আশাকরি এতোটুকু মগজ দলেন কোচ, অধিনায়কের আছে
হেরা দু্ইজন মিল্লাই কইলাম ১১ জনের দলটা করবে

লক্ষ্য হোক ভালো খেলা
কামনা হোক জয় এবং জয় এবং জয়