facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: What's the solution?
Let Bangladesh play for another 2-3 years before judging 14 45.16%
Stay away from Test cricket (more 'A' tours and development) for a while like Zimbabwe did 13 41.94%
Scrap Bangldesh's Test status 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 20, 2013, 06:35 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Bangladesh shouldn't play Test cricket?

Easily the worst to play Test cricket. They haven't won a single Test against a decent team in 13 years. Even Zimbabwe beat India and Pakistan inside 5-6 years. Have improved in limited overs cricket. I don't see anything in Tests. There must be something wrong with the first class structure.

Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh in their return to Test cricket. Now they are dominating Bangladesh. Piss poor performance by Bangladesh.

Hopefully a decent a discussion without stupid comments and tantrums....

Old April 20, 2013, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

As much we want it to happen, it wont.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Scrap our test status. Test cricket will be non-existent in about two decades anyway. People know I've always wanted us to concentrate on ODIs, my favorite format.

I mean sure I will always watch as long as Bd plays in any format. But really, let's be smart here and do the right thing. Nothing more to say about this, I have already opened a thread in the past regarding this issue.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

We do not deserve Test Status.. it's not just about loosing by over 300 runs-within 4 days to Zimbabwe, but the manner our batsmen got out shows that we haven't improved atall over the last 10-12 years. Soon we will be struggling to win against Afghanistan, Netherlands and Ireland.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BTW once you scrap test status their will be no one touring us unless they feel sorry for us. That means no ODI,T20 and may be no more BPL-T20.

ICC should give BCB a 2 year deadline that if they don't improve their First Class structure and Test Cricket they will be stripped off from full membership.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Creating more flat wicket in your own backyard will never improve your cricket.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:56 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I don't think it is the time to discuss this. We just had a more than decent Test tour against one of the better teams of Test cricket.

We played very poorly in this match and we have mental issues against Zimbabwe. We have been lot more competitive against Test nations in recent matches compared to Zimbabwe's recent performances.

There is no excuse for this loss, but jumping into bandwagon about Test status is opportunistic and doesn't deserve a proper discussion at this point.

Zimbabwe is a better team than Bangladesh at home.
Old April 20, 2013, 08:57 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

wow you guys are amazing..just in the last 2 series we scored 550+ and 600+,managed to draw a test playing and you guys are jumping on the bandwagon of this troll?..have you read his recent posts?..this guy is only here to have fun and you guys are letting him have his fun, atleast wait for the 2nd test to be over

no test status means no full series, no full series means no ODIs too remember
Old April 20, 2013, 09:02 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

its the manner the batsmen's get out to is shocking to see after 13 years in the format, still the same old rubbish!

Some fans complain BD don't get enough test. please the lesser the better, less humiliation!
The fact of the matter is BD aren't up to test format.

Bangladesh should play less test next 3years, maybe 4 a year. But, play More ODI's leading up 2015 WC, because ODI is where Bangladesh will succeed more, and it is BD's best format, and play t20s!
Old April 20, 2013, 09:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf

no test status means no full series, no full series means no ODIs too remember
Oh no! That's not fair at all.
Old April 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
I don't think it is the time to discuss this. We just had a more than decent Test tour against one of the better teams of Test cricket.

We played very poorly in this match and we have mental issues against Zimbabwe. We have been lot more competitive against Test nations in recent matches compared to Zimbabwe's recent performances.

There is no excuse for this loss, but jumping into bandwagon about Test status is opportunistic and doesn't deserve a proper discussion at this point.

Zimbabwe is a better team than Bangladesh at home.
SL are no longer a decent Test side. Herath, Herath and Herath........
Old April 20, 2013, 09:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

If am not wrong. didnt BD play a lot of ODIS leading upto 2011 wc without many test? 5match (one was washed out) ODI'S series against NZ? 5match series against Zim, then after 2011 WC Australia came for 3 match odi series? etc, and all these series didn't have test match included.
So what is the meaning of no test means no odis?
Old April 20, 2013, 09:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
wow you guys are amazing..just in the last 2 series we scored 550+ and 600+,managed to draw a test playing and you guys are jumping on the bandwagon of this troll?..have you read his recent posts?..this guy is only here to have fun and you guys are letting him have his fun, atleast wait for the 2nd test to be over
Face the reality for a change. Scoring big on highways against impotent bowling is not Test cricket.
Old April 20, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Surely there are MANY things we ought to do in order to improve as a test side, but I don't think either a revocation or a suspension of test status will light the proverbial fire under our @$$es and get us to finally do those things we've neglected since day 1. If anything, such absence from the test area will demoralize us and accelerate our decline. We need to play more tests and schedule more A-Team and Academy FC cricket tours to develop a sustainable pipeline.

Also, thanks to our passionate and loyal fans, our status won't be revoked or suspended in light of ICC's strategic considerations.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 20, 2013, 09:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Hey Champ how would it help you if Bangladesh are taken away their test status.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Missed my chance. Should have opened a similar thread in ICF when England thrashed them home and away
Old April 20, 2013, 10:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Let's get our pen's out and write an obituary for Bangladesh cricket. You never know, because 10-20 years down the line it may spark a storied BD-Zim rivalry like the Ashes.

Any ideas on the name?
Old April 20, 2013, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Test Status just fine, and we are more than capable of playing high class Test. We were improving under Siddons and Law. We just need experienced and highly capable coaching staff to lead our young team. Poor gameplan, wrong strategy and lack of adequate preparation leading up to this series was the cause for this poor performance. If this team was preparing for a month under a more prudent and experienced coaching staff the result would be a lot different.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Champ just started following cricket 5 days ago. He don't know anything about test history. Teams got out twice in a single day, scored below 50 many times. I don't see anyone losing test status. This is cricket.

Guys don't get intimidated by a troll. We just scored 600+ runs in a Test inning. Just stand by your team like a true fan! Please!
Old April 20, 2013, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ
Face the reality for a change. Scoring big on highways against impotent bowling is not Test cricket.
There are at least 2 top 10 bowlers in the world that bowling lineup! That's the best SL can offer! That may not be the test cricket for you, but that's Test cricket for the world. I want to see how many teams can do that. India was offered same track. How come they can't do the same? So strip off India's test status? Why don't you go for a movie, Test cricket is not for you.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Champ just started following cricket 5 days ago. He don't know anything about test history. Teams got out twice in a single day, scored below 50 many times. I don't see anyone losing test status. This is cricket.

Guys don't get intimidated by a troll. We just scored 600+ runs in a Test inning. Just stand by your team like a true fan! Please!
I agree with what you say. Our cricket has been on an upward trend. Lets just hope this was just an anomaly, a freak incident.

As for the examples you cite, none of them came against a team like Zimbabwe. I'm not trying to be condescending or demeaning Zimbabwe on their well-earned win, however you just don't lose to Zimbabwe like this. No no and no. Especially a Zimbabwe side that lost all 5 of their last tests pretty convicingly
Old April 20, 2013, 10:40 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

These are some BIG words coming out of your mouth after winning one game. BIG words. The whole series is left. I promise it will only come back to bite you in your duck tail. Troll.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe are no pushover. In their den they are a very strong team! Lot of things went wrong for us. Starting from wrong team selection, opting to bowl first, wrong umpiring decisions, very defensive minded game plan and field setup etc. this result clearly indicates we need to prepare much better and we definitely need a change in coaching staff. If the head coach was any good we would not collapse twice in 3 days. Usually we used to fold in one inning, but right now it seems there was no gameplan for the batsmen. The team is under a very incapable head coach.
Old April 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cricket Savant

bharotio naki....not that it matters.. champ naam to tai duie dui milalam

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 20, 2013, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

i am not complaining about the loss more than the way they got out. i would feel sorry even if we would won this one with such batting display